• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2000 euros to host probably the one of The Biggest Tournament in the Benelux...What do i need

BanchoBowser

Smash Rookie
NNID
kingkoopa666
Hello,

I am a big fan of all the big tournaments that have ever been hosted. So much so that i wanted to host one myself...so i browsed through the many places i could probably host a smash tournament in the center of Netherlands. And to my suprise i have found one...with a campain that allows me to use up to 2000 euros on equipment, advertisement and rental for the place i want it to host (in that specific erea)

I barely know what i need....but i need help. I need to know what i can do with 2000 euros for a 1 day tournament of smash brothers melee, PM, maybe 64, maybe brawl and maybe smash 4.

I need as many recommendations, help and luck just to pass it over to them if i could hold a smash brothers tournament.

I need recommendations such as

organizing, set-ups, use of equipment, amounts of tv's and such, EVERYTHING HELPS. It would be even greater if someone who hosts decent tournaments to help me out with this. I want this to be as fluent as i can.

i need to know what costs i have to put in. Sure it's 2000 euros...that is a lot of money imo and i am sure we get things together in a decent fashion that everyone outside of the smash community in the world would aprove.

I would like to know more about how to make things works and how to make everyone aware that i am doing this and i am willing to put everything on everything to make this work, but i need to be as fast as humanly possible to pitch this idea to the town that perhaps wants to make this thing a reality.

Send in as many tournament hosts as you can find to help me.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Marc(one of the hosts of the Avalon Tournament Series, site) wrote a good guide in dutch about the things to consider when organizing a tournament. I would advice you to not overscope with your first event even if you have funds like these. Guide can be found here on SmashNL, the main site for the Dutch community.

Last edited:

Garquille14

Smash Apprentice
Even experienced tournament organizers can have messy tournaments, so you should probably start smaller to get experience with the logistics

Last edited:

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Even experienced tournament organizers can have messy tournaments, so you should probably start smaller to get experience with the logistics
Despite that, if you want to host one of the biggest tournaments, Dutch TOs and players will surely help you out. I will at least :D!
I'm really not sure what you could spend the 2000 euros on other than a good venue. Most tournaments are run nearly for free (no cost for the TO). This would remove the venue fee. TV's are usually arranged by players themselves. You can buy some more if you want, but they're very cheap.

The most important thing is to consider how many people you are expecting. Let me know what your target kind of is and then it's a lot easier to give some solid advice.

BanchoBowser

Smash Rookie
NNID
kingkoopa666
Despite that, if you want to host one of the biggest tournaments, Dutch TOs and players will surely help you out. I will at least :D!
I'm really not sure what you could spend the 2000 euros on other than a good venue. Most tournaments are run nearly for free (no cost for the TO). This would remove the venue fee. TV's are usually arranged by players themselves. You can buy some more if you want, but they're very cheap.

The most important thing is to consider how many people you are expecting. Let me know what your target kind of is and then it's a lot easier to give some solid advice.
I was thinking on doing this durring the summer holidays. In that way most people have most likely a day off. So a large amount could be good...but since it is kind of my first ever tournament hosting i could tone it down

Top Bottom