• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

200 page strategy guide released with latest Famitsu?

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
So...guide or not? I WANT TO KNOW!

Those scans probably came from the guide, but the posters did NOT want to reveal NEW stuff!

Just the confirmed

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Don't get your hopes up.

Famitsu is out, isn't it? We should've seen those scans by now if it were true. I'm also thinking IGN may be referring to a later date.

Whatever that guide is, if it's not what's already scanned, it's not out *now*.

Novus

Smash Apprentice
Maybe its a typo and it was actually 20 pages and it just was mostly those scans we saw earlier.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't it be great if the guide just had every single update written on the DOJO so far?

While I don't want to be a pessimist, I highly doubt we'd get a guide with every single character in the game about 15 days before the game's release... mind you, Famtisu is a highly trusted source in all things game related in japan so maybe Nintendo would want to leak a lineup like this? Heh, I still have my doubts, especially since I think we'd have seen some guys leak it by now, especially since we got scans of almost every character so far doing their special moves.

webrunner

Smash Apprentice
The lowest numbered page we have is 17-18, the highest numbered page we have is 146-147. That suggests we're missing a LOT of pages.

CJay

Smash Cadet
look at the page gaps between the known characters. i think there filled with AT, Modes and Pokeballs
so nothing new

Xedi

Smash Cadet
So you reckon the Japanese know the whole roster and aren't telling ? :p

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
So...the poster is CHOOSING not to show us stuff! Probably going to claim to be a "Prophet" and reveal the whole roster sometime this week. We'll all fall for it, he'll be lying, and we'll never know!

Someone better get ahold of that FAST!

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
For all you know, the Japanese have the entire roster, but aren't allowed to tell us, otherwise they'd be in major trouble. That's prolly why Sheik was revealed so early, since they were forced to show us.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
I've read this on a few sites now, then again for all we know this could be sourced to IGN. On the other hand, you're right, there are distinguishable page numbers we can use. I don't think there'll be too much new, but you never know, there might be something we haven't seen before. Two weeks isn't long to wait anyway :). I've got months!

-- Andy

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
Well, characters or not, there are Stages and items waiting to be shown!!! that's exciting enough for me, Characters make me lose sleep!!! *Lol, I only got 5 last night* after those scans. Couldn't stop thinking about them. But, items, ATs, Pokeballs, and stages are good enough for me! JUST SHOW THEM!

And In Japan...you're online! How does anyone know WHO exactly revealed the scans? Just post them, and it's not like the law will be kicking down your door and hauling you off to prison or anything. JUST SCAN THEM!

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
But we too, must realize how LONG it would take to scan the WHOLE thing. Lol

HOURS

You'd need a whole office full of people scanning to get it done in half a day

webrunner

Smash Apprentice
There's only one missing page between Ice Climbers and Metaknight.

We do know there's non-character pages- the Samus history page shows that. I'm guessing there's a history page for Metaknight or Ice Climbers between those two, and then one before or after for the characters..

So given that.. let's say we have 4 pages per character. 4 pages per known character is 25*4 = 100 pages, plus the extra two for pokemon trainer makes 102. Assuming there's some table of contents and other stuff, we can pad that out to 110 approximately, leaving 90 unknown pages.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
Haha oh I never knew you meant new stages and items etc :D. If that's the case, I'd happily lap it all up!

And someone is bound to scan them in soon, or at least provide translations. Not long now!

-- Andy

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. like a picture of Rosalina, the guitar girl ect. NEW Items, old ones too! Stages as well, Delfino plaza, the haunted house stage ect...JUST WANT TO SEE ALL OF THEM!

here's what gets me going:
1. Characters
2. Stages
3. items
4. Pokeballs
5. ATs

Soooooooo anything from that list would be fine w/ me

New characters that is..the only TWO Without their OWN PAGES are Sheik and Olimar!

webrunner

Smash Apprentice
I doubt there's any new info.. if there was Sonic's page would be on his stage (since Snake has a stage, Sonic not having a stage seems unlikely)

webrunner

Smash Apprentice
Yeah- that's what I meant, actually, it's not on a Sonic stage, it's on Battlefield, but everyone else's is on their own stage, which suggests either there a) isn't a Sonic stage, which is unlikely, or b) they aren't revealing stuff that isn't already (or that day) on the Dojo

Lunaretic

Smash Apprentice
But Seriously, why would they release a 200 page strategy guide that was incomplete?
So you can put 'strategy guide' on the front and get tons of people to buy it? It's supposedly either in or comes with the magazine, so it's likely a selling piece, rather than a true stand-alone guide. Like the 25 page magazine 'walkthroughs' you see in US publications that only cover the first 5 hours of a 25 hour RPG then point you at the PRIMA guide or such.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
So you can put 'strategy guide' on the front and get tons of people to buy it? It's supposedly either in or comes with the magazine, so it's likely a selling piece, rather than a true stand-alone guide. Like the 25 page magazine 'walkthroughs' you see in US publications that only cover the first 5 hours of a 25 hour RPG then point you at the PRIMA guide or such.
Thats actually a pretty good point. I'm with him

Top Bottom