• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 Upcoming Smash 64 Tournaments in the Chicago area for September

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
I had a 2 hour drive :( but a lot of fun yesterday :). First tournament experience of hopefully many more, been a member on this site for so long but never got to meet any players; shoutouts to pidge and flakephox for making me come.

Also, he won.

ps that link and samus player was hella and that was his first tournament too apparently??? him and his friends didn't know about smashboards. i wonder if they'll see this.

Last edited:

Battlecow

Play to Win
ima win the one in october without dropping a game

peeps are talkin like I'm some mere mortal who normal midwest players can beat

it won't stand

Last edited:

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
***Important Update For Our October Monthly***

We are now including Super Smash Bros 3DS to the event. Please bring setups for that game if you can. We would like to have a few extra setups to allow everyone a chance to check the game out.

Start times have been added.

Smash 3DS
2v2's : Noon
1v1's : 2:00 pm

Project M
2v2's: Noon
1v1's: 2:00 pm

Brawl
2v2's: 2:00 pm
1v1's: 4:00 pm

Melee
2v2's: 3:30 pm
1v1's: 5:30 pm

2v2's: 3:30 pm
1v1's: 5:30 pm

*Times are subject to change so check the night before October 11th to confirm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pot Bonuses have been added as well as an added incentive to get a bigger turnout.

Smash 3DS
$40 if 30 or more players register for 1v1's
$20 if 10 teams or more register for 2v2's

Melee
$50 if 40 players or more register for 1v1's
$20 if 12 teams or more register for 2v2's

Project M
$50 if 40 players or more register for 1v1's
$20 if 12 teams or more register for 2v2's

Brawl
$30 if 25 players or more register for 1v1's

$30 if 25 players or more register for 1v1's

$300 in pot bonuses if we reach our goal for each game. Make sure to invite your friends to attend for us to add the pot bonus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are also including complimentary pizza for all players. You will be given tickets to use for pizza when registering. We'll pass out the pizzas around 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm.

009soulmaster

Smash Rookie
NNID
009soulmaster
3DS FC
3351-4049-0686
Switch FC
5W-5347-5287-1408
You've been missing out. Do you have any friends that play that might want to come out? Hope to see you there in October.
Just my younger brother who wants to participate the competitive scene. However I'm more casual. but Smash 4 is something i would love to get competeitive with.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Just my younger brother who wants to participate the competitive scene. However I'm more casual. but Smash 4 is something i would love to get competeitive with.
Well we'd be glad to have both of you there. I really want to see how the Smash 4 tournament unfolds with most people playing that day for the first time.

009soulmaster

Smash Rookie
NNID
009soulmaster
3DS FC
3351-4049-0686
Switch FC
5W-5347-5287-1408
Well we'd be glad to have both of you there. I really want to see how the Smash 4 tournament unfolds with most people playing that day for the first time.
He'll mosy likely focus on Project M. He has no 3DS. still Smash 4 tournament will definately be something to look forward to.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
For your personal use. I imagine most people wouldn't want to share but I hope at least one or two do just in case we have a lot of players that don't own a 3DS.

009soulmaster

Smash Rookie
NNID
009soulmaster
3DS FC
3351-4049-0686
Switch FC
5W-5347-5287-1408
For your personal use. I imagine most people wouldn't want to share but I hope at least one or two do just in case we have a lot of players that don't own a 3DS.
Yup. got a Silver XL. i do have Blue original that I bought it midnight release. but the circle pad acts up. its happening to my Wii U Gamepad too. so I cant practice for the Mario Kart 8 tournament

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Yup. got a Silver XL. i do have Blue original that I bought it midnight release. but the circle pad acts up. its happening to my Wii U Gamepad too. so I cant practice for the Mario Kart 8 tournament
That's good. Do you know how to setup Smash 3DS to play through your Wii U and on a CRT?

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
Gonna do my best to be there for 64 and 3DS, been so smitten with the demo this week and I'm ready to pick up my preorder at midnight :). And aw man, my only reservation about offering a 3ds setup is the thought of the circle pad being mishandled :( edit - if i knew i could share it (my singular 3ds) with just a handful of reputable regulars that'd be great. or if there were some kind of insurance for accidents but i don't expect that really hahah

Last edited:

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Gonna do my best to be there for 64 and 3DS, been so smitten with the demo this week and I'm ready to pick up my preorder at midnight :). And aw man, my only reservation about offering a 3ds setup is the thought of the circle pad being mishandled :( edit - if i knew i could share it (my singular 3ds) with just a handful of reputable regulars that'd be great. or if there were some kind of insurance for accidents but i don't expect that really hahah
Good to hear. I understand if you don't want to share. My guess is most players won't want to. As long as 1 or 2 people share that shouldn't be a problem. Feel free to share it with only players you feel comfortable with if you're fine with that.

Top Bottom