• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 questions about the rainbow cruise kirbicide --Updated, 2nd kirbicide spot on RC--

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yo, i'ma cut out the intro and get to the chase.

I have a question about the rainbow cruise kirbicide.

Yesterday, I was playing my friend, and I went to upthrow him late on the shipride, and it still kirbicided him.

I know for a fact that you cant get the kirbicide from the up-throw, but now i know you can do it either when you come around the cycle (the place everybody knows), and another spot.

So my question(s) are, what is the second platform i hit, and does anybody happen to know at what time (as in, clock time) could you do this.

________

My second quesiton is actually about pokefloats, and i'm pretty sure i know the answer to this.

Is there a way to kirbicide off one of the pokemon that go off the top of the screen?

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure you can Kirbycide with Up Throw if you're very close to the ledge.

Don't know about 2nd Question. How do you Kirbycide into the top of the screen? I've seen it, but never understood how.

Samochan

Smash Master
If I understood your post correcly, then that makes 3 kirbycide spots on Rainbow cruise. O_o Though I'm more interested in the kirbycide spots where you don't die yourself, but KO your opponent to top. Dunno if pokefloats has any of these, but it's a possibility. It does though have plenty of other kirbyciding spots from swallowcides to throws.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Well, to make my self more clear.

The first spot is the one everybody knows about. The one right near the start of the ship right (Right under go).

To my knowledge, you have a window (i have to sit down and figure out the time) as to when you can do your up throw, and it'll kirbicide.

___

Now what i'm saying is, later on down the ship right (before you get to the platforms, but a ways after you start), i did an up-throw, and it did the SAME thing as the regular spot.

I'm wondering if anybody knows either what platform that is, or what the time is that you have to hit that (And yes, there should be a specific time since RC is not random. Kinda like the Yoshi's Story cloud)

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
1) You hit the same platform. The ship goes down and left so if you're on the right side of the ship you can still catch that platform quite a while after the normal position.

2) Yes. I know you can at the tree guy one but I think that's it. You can do it as some disappear from the bottom also using any throw you want if you time it right.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I don't know the timing of it, as I've only done it once myself and just made a mental note that if I can ever catch someone at the end of the shipride to u-throw them and laugh.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Ok, i have this figured out, i just wish i could do this with the game clock on.

Basically, on RC, the platforms above you when you start (the lil mad dash before the game tells you to go back to the ship) never disappear, which is why you can kirbicide during the beginning of the ride.

here's the good part

what happened to ME the other day happened late in the ride (like i said). Well if you look in camera mode, you can see that the donuts (the O shaped blocks that drop) that are right be for the pendulum also dont disappear.

What that means is, before the ship crashes, you can kirbicide again.

The thing is, your target area, the donuts, is a smaller target than your opening platform.

To put in a more statistical setting.

In ghettometric units,

1) The ship is
- 1 Fully Charged ShadowBall(mewtwo) long
- about 7 Thunderwave Skips(pikachu) long

2) The back of the ship (the raised part to the right) is
- a little more than half of a PKFire(ness) long

3) The 5 donuts (a.k.a. the "myserious 2nd platform i hit) is
- about 1/3 of a Fully Charged Shadowball
- a little shorter than a full PKfire

___

The LOCATION of the 5 donuts (Which i am dubbing the Gate to Heaven, or GoH cause i want to make this shorter) is about a 2/3rds of the ship away from the platform away from the crash.

(makes no sense, i know, but look in camera mode).

**5 minutes later**

Much better description.

If you notice in the background, as you come to the end, there will be a rainbow in the background (go figure, right?)

The 5 donuts are dead in the middle of the rainbow. They are in the middle because the middle donut is direction in a line between the pendulum and it's hinge(sp), and the pendulum is based off the middle of the rainbow.

___

So in all actuallity, there are 2 places to u.throw kirbicide while on the ship. The only problem is the first one is about twice as long as the ship, while the second one is about a fourth of the size of the ship.

Here are two lil intersting facts about the main u.throw kirbicide spot (the big platform).

- 1) You have about 11-13 seconds from the start of the match/cycle to do a kirbicide before you pass under the end of the big platform up top.

- 2) There is a small area in which you CANNOT kirbicide due to the big black'n'white block above you (The one that divides the donut and the platform dropping back to the ship).

On the first rotation, it starts on the back of the ship, since the ship is moving before the match starts. However, on every rotation afterwards, it will be on the front of the ship as soon as you drop down to it and will move to the back. It's not really THAT much of a problem, but something to note if you wonder why your kirbicide didnt work as soon as you got back on the ship.

**Ok, so here's the whole post in a nutshell.

On top of the main kirbicide spot on RC, there is a second one. It is the 5 donuts that are above the pendulum.

These 5 donuts are located in the middle of the rainbow that you see in the background before the ship crashes.

- Along with that, for those who dont know, there is a little space, from about the tip of the ship to the first propeller wide, where you canNOT kirbicide due to the black'n'white block above you (the one between the 6 donuts and platform drops above the ship at the end of a rotation).

**Hope this helps you guys, i'm not even a kirby player. He's just too **** fun. ** :-D

Samochan

Smash Master
You can also uthrow kirbycide after the ship. Just hop onto the right top platform after the ship crashes and kirbycide before it drops about halfway across the screen. I dunno the exact timing here, since I did it only once. The best part is that you don't KO yourself (at least I think so, dunno if that's always the case), so it's very cheap tactic you can use if you're losing and just for the fun of it. :p

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
You can also uthrow kirbycide after the ship. Just hop onto the right top platform after the ship crashes and kirbycide before it drops about halfway across the screen. I dunno the exact timing here, since I did it only once. The best part is that you don't KO yourself (at least I think so, dunno if that's always the case), so it's very cheap tactic you can use if you're losing and just for the fun of it. :p
You can do this at a number of points along the way up, so long as you get your timing right. There's not much to it... just know where the platforms are above you, and a general timing for their appearance. And yes, you won't die from it if you get the timing right. Your timing window gets larger as the opponent has more damage.

Top Bottom