• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 Player Wi-Fi Confirmed!!! (vid inside)

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious about having 3 people on a Wii. Could 3 people get on a wii and find some random 4th person online? Could they make it a team battle and have it 3v1? Or how about 2v2 - as in, one person would be matched up with the random 4th? Is every possible combination able to be selected and played online?
I doubt sakurai would allow 3 people on the same wii to engage in a free for all battle with a 4th person. He wouldn't allow people to be ganged up on.

BTW can someone translate the dialogue and text in the ad. That way we could possibly have full confirmation.

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Why would you doubt that? That is a common thing that people do. I have no doubt that it'll be in.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
wow thats mad cool. they were playing a team battle with 2 ppl at a location. that would rly help to practice for teams

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
YYEEEEAAAHH!!! OH YYEAAAH! WOOT! ILIKEPUDDING! WIFI CO-OP! YEEAAHH!!...

YYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHH!!!
I can't wait to play with my bro online. OMG this will be awesome. EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY KNEW THIS IT'S STILL AWESOME!

Oh, and did I mention YEAAHH!

Tpoto

Smash Cadet
2 households hatching from 1 giant egg! CONFIRMED! I love how she does the motion of whispering, but yells at the end...

Rominati

Smash Cadet
Woah, hold on...

Is it obvious to everyone else that 1 v. 1 online matches have also been confirmed? Not in the egg trailer, but the first one with the man/woman hybrid. It clearly shows the red shirt guy playing online 1 v. 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct5NnZpf6B4

If this is already widespread knowledge I'll feel stupid.

He was fighting somebody on his friends list. Its not a with anyone match.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Why would you doubt that? That is a common thing that people do. I have no doubt that it'll be in.
Well he still could implement it, but don't you think Sakurai would want a level of fairness that won't alienate people from online. Personally i don't care whether this happens or not, i'm just assuming that the smash team will do something about it.

Rash

Smash Ace
What I want to know is, how many Wii's can be online at once?

Can you have 4-player matches with 4 different Wii's?

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
Ummm
I dunno if this has been covered (I just skipped to last page)
But...Can we play with 1 to 3 people on the same Wii for Free-for-all, instead of team?
Like...Well, you should get the idea.
However, you could end up teaming and the last guy would be totally screwed without a teammate.
Don't say what we're all thinking, most people aren't good enough to take out 3 people half as good as them...
Wait, that's confusing...

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
What I want to know is, how many Wii's can be online at once?

Can you have 4-player matches with 4 different Wii's?
That's pretty much confirmed. We need to know if you can play 4 player free for alls with just 3 wiis.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Whats with the eggs? GLad 2v2 online is confirmed, but whats with the eggs?

Top Bottom