• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 noob questions

-PM-

Smash Ace
i play doc and mario
i can do the same things with both of them
but when it comes down to it
doc is fat
and he cant get back on land
nuff said

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
I'm a tried and true Mario player,and with my limited tourney experience, I have to agree with everything Gea has said about Doc being slightly better. Pill rushing and that F-Air do alot to Mario that has trouble killing.

However Gea, you said you'd rather choose Mario in match-up aganist Peach. Not trying to go off topic here, but as I constantly am stuck fighting Peachs, that has me rather confused you'd choose him over Doc.

Is his limited recovery outweighed the fact of him being easier to KO off the top easier with the FAir? That's the main reason that bugs me, although there's bound to be more stuff I can't think of at the moment.

Gea

Smash Master
I'm a tried and true Mario player,and with my limited tourney experience, I have to agree with everything Gea has said about Doc being slightly better. Pill rushing and that F-Air do alot to Mario that has trouble killing.

However Gea, you said you'd rather choose Mario in match-up aganist Peach. Not trying to go off topic here, but as I constantly am stuck fighting Peachs, that has me rather confused you'd choose him over Doc.

Is his limited recovery outweighed the fact of him being easier to KO off the top easier with the FAir? That's the main reason that bugs me, although there's bound to be more stuff I can't think of at the moment.
Well... every time I play GOOD peaches I have two problems:

1. Killing
2. Grabbing

Mario's Fsmash really lets me punish whiffs much better than Doc's fair does. I can definitely pillspam to have a more defensive game against Peach... and fair does kill her off of the top, but I don't know, I just personally have trouble fairing a peach (pretty much everything she has eats right through it ) vs. Mario's fsmash. The recovery doesn't hurt, either.

I probably just need more practice against Peach, but for now I really like being Mario against her. Personal preference.

Top Bottom