• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 hitter quitter; Wigz's guide to Sonic

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
As you know Sonic has no range, weak priorty, weak attack, yadda yadda...

In order to play sonic effectively you really have to hit the person once or twice and then run away...Also, spamming the Side-b, down-b and dash attack will do nicely

Some nice 2 hit combos:

Up throw to up air: does around 20% and works best at low % (Opponents)
Dash attack to up tilt: towards the end of the dash attack if you manage to get behind the opponent you can do an uptilt:

Side b - midair: if you dont know how to do this...leave

homing attack to back air: well, you have to miss with homing attack and hit a platform, if your opponents a noob you can hit him with a back air

Kill moves: Fsmash: best of all...
DSmash: Good at high %
Back air: can even hit them moving forward, but kills at high % also sweeting spotting it helps
Homing Attack: at highg % and you have to sweetspot

as for survival i hardly use the up b or homing attack, i think it works best if you do a side b, immediatley jump, and then do a side b again

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Pretty full of fail. The combos aren't combos, and Sonic only does hit and run to certain characters. Others, he is on top of them the whole time, pressuring, and others still, he's playing campy as ****, waiting just outside their range for them to mess up before zooming in and punishing.

You're really hyping up homing attack waaaaaay too much. Fair, uair, and nair are all more reliable for killing/gimping than that is. Utilt and usmash can kill at about 130% on Halberd/Corneria/etc. Sonic's able to keep pressure up the whole time. He's one of the few characters that doesn't just camp for the whole match.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I wasn't aware that the homing attack even had a sweet spot :x
You sure about that one?

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
lol i dunno...all i know is that ive killed people with it by hitting them in a matter that felt like a sweerspot

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon and Zelda are chars with sweetspots (fairs). You really "feel" the sweetspot connect if a character has it....I never get that sensation with his homing attack, therefore no sweetspot. IMHO.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Captain Falcon and Zelda are chars with sweetspots (fairs). You really "feel" the sweetspot connect if a character has it....I never get that sensation with his homing attack, therefore no sweetspot. IMHO.
Oh...I see now....my bad, I didn't think of it that way before.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Lol it was more a joke guide, i d care less if it gets deleted Sonic is only an alt for me...a friendly alt
I'm pretty sure it wasn't, else the guide would have some sort of humor, even if it was in bad taste.
You're just saying it was joke thread now, because of all the negative feedback it received (and deserved).

Spin Dashie

Smash Cadet
It seems you tried to go a bit in depth with this guide for it to mean a joke to you. Like Zeal said, it'll confuse those who hardly know how to use Sonic. Post a guide for your main, and the Sonic mains on this board will take care of our own guides.

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
lol im dead serious it really is..I dont even main sonic....how would i know what to do...thats waht makes it a joke thread...besides does it really matter anyway...the sonic section sucks *****

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
lol im dead serious it really is..I dont even main sonic....how would i know what to do...thats waht makes it a joke thread...besides does it really matter anyway...the sonic section sucks *****
The only joke in this thread is you. Yes, it matters - if you're not capable of intelligent discussion, please leave =o

Johnny Smash

Smash Cadet
Doesn't seem like the most horrible info, not anything groundbreaking though. You guys are mean!

Johnny Smash

Smash Cadet
And maybe the "sweetspot" of the B attack is actually that you just charged it? As far as I know holding the B attack longer makes it go farther I haven't really though about the knockback though.

edit: actually i don't know if this is true i read it on gamefaqs though

Top Bottom