• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.6 Ike thread

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Oh, God. That neutral B. It's like.. The fire from the end of Radiant Dawn. And stuff. It's so boss. I noticed it but I wasn't sure if it was like that in 2.5.

Love it, guys.

But it looks like ****.

RKM

Smash Cadet
Just for consistency, is there any possibility of making the fire on fully charged QD blue as well?

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
It looking like **** is a technical limitation? That's unfortunate :awesome:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Been practicing more with FH Dair weak hit/AC (which this old video demonstrates just for a couple things http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5SEGAHiDz8 ) Think it could come in handy for throws when I've been able to get F-throw Weak hit dair to DJ any aerial (mostly fair). There's also things like FH Dair weak hit to DashAttack/QDattack/DACUS.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Been practicing more with FH Dair weak hit/AC (which this old video demonstrates just for a couple things http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5SEGAHiDz8 ) Think it could come in handy for throws when I've been able to get F-throw Weak hit dair to DJ any aerial (mostly fair). There's also things like FH Dair weak hit to DashAttack/QDattack/DACUS.
How are you hitting the full-hop DAirs in those situations? It sounds like you're talking about auto-canceling the DAir; wouldn't the opponent be out of hitstun by then?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm not sure yet, but so far I only got these examples to gather and they're just showing the same off-stage dair to fair thing but I think the dair was soon enough (at least maybe on the 2nd clip) that the DJ could still happen with the stage still under Ike (the clips being off-stage is also probably why the fear to DI outward made them work). http://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=hxVm2jnfYXQ

Vro uses it sparingly, though I don't think there's much clips of him connecting stuff out of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_SZaCgSps0A&t=419 (Imagine if DACPG was in at the time and he used that instead of dash attack, that'd be too sick to handle)

-There's the landing and AC'ing it: which Vro did
-Then there's the doing a DJ aerial or WL or AGT or any action while you're still airborne since the move ended in the air (or IASA) which means you started it earlier and probly don't want to FFall it (which is the video in my other post).
=Depending on how much better the AC window is for rather than the actual End or IASA would make me think more of which to use

D

Deleted member

Even though we get cheesed out by lame ass camp, if we catch an item we can QD->JC Item throw.
Am I the only one that abuses QD baits? ;c

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I love this character so much. Played him for like an hour against darkrain, went back and forth. Sooo damn fun.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Even though we get cheesed out by lame *** camp, if we catch an item we can QD->JC Item throw.
Am I the only one that abuses QD baits? ;c
Boost-tossing (DACUS while holding an item) is where it's at :p.

I love this character so much. Played him for like an hour against darkrain, went back and forth. Sooo damn fun.
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss. Good to hear that Darkrain is playing (and seems to enjoy?) Project M.

Also, I was really sad when I played a bunch of Ike matches against Hylian, Tmac, and Darkatma thinking they were recorded, but then realized I forgot to hit the record button :(.

D

Deleted member

Hey, can I get a critique of my ike soon when I upload some matches? Thanks!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Frame data would be numero uno gracias por favor (me gusta)

W¡ndy

Smash Cadet
Off topic but....
That was some botched spanish.
Por favor, frame data sería numero uno/ lo mejor (the best). muchas gracias.
or something like that
On topic.
Quickdraw: My favorite side special (even over Ivy's)

Top Bottom