• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2/17/07 Cedar Rapids, Iowa Mini-Smashfest

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Kami: ............ I seriously hope you are joking, for your own sake as well as my own. <_<
Ok at first I was completely playing around before I seen you at shameful fall 2 But after I met you I thought you were gorgeous. So I guess I played around too much and screwed things up from the beginning <_< But I was half kidding not really kinda sorta. Yes I do like you! Don't murder me. I'll win ya over eventually ^_^

Oh and faellie get them debuque kids an account on smashboards because its so cool!

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
*shakes head solemnly*

It's hopeless for ya, Kami, the signs of Smash aren't aligned. A Samus player and Falcon/Falco player show bad futures together. Try a more stable sign, like a female Bowser. :embarrass

Faellie

Smash Apprentice
Kami: To be perfectly honest, no, you won't "win me over eventually." I have a boyfriend whom I've been dating for six years, and we'll probably be engaged within the next year. I'm perfectly fine with being friends with you, but it will never be anything more than that.

Now, let's get back to talking about how much fun the smashfest was, or I'll have to bust some kneecaps in here.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
I was 1/2 kidding about the "win u over eventually" because I knew it would make you mad. Why do I enjoy it? I don't know maybe I don't............... anyways busted knee caps aren't cool.

Female bowser??

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
Its was good fun glad we endured the weather and drive up it was worth it 110%

Heog: It was GREAT of you to hold this you should defiantly do this again though not too soon it was a killer trip but so was the gas X-p

Alex thanks for guiding us to Mc Donalds and nice to see you peach is still better than mine

Kintehr: it was great to see you again and losing to you again X-D

Gary: again great to see you again and for the really close matches of which I lost :'(

icy_icicle: nice to see you haven't completely given up on smash

Dark Hogosha: It's was cool playing your Yoshi

Ah Aaran Dean it's all ways a pleaser to see you

Faellie great to see you again and thanks for all the pictures

the Dubuque guys: Nice to see you I believe I played most of you

Coax cool to see ya nice of you to bring your liitle brother

2% Nice to see some younger people getting into smash you have potential keep ot up and you'll be good in no time.

Kami: thanks for paying for a most of the gas but you really need to stop falling for every female smasher you meet (this IS including the one I made up lol) You also forgot to log out<_<

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Those friendlies with you gary were amazing. Ditto is all I can say. The roy ditto was fun. I almost got four stocked. And I never knew you played captain.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Haha yeah I needed a quick rush of sugar before I could get to the mcchickens. If I played without any food I would have been done for ^_^ But yeah I was the one with the skittles that went all over the floor haha.

Triforceofluck

Smash Rookie
Hey Kami I'll play a female bowser for ya ;) I really wish I could have made it to this but I don't really exist so that's not possible. lol

love Rachel lol

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
Geeze after being rejected by Faelie, Kami sure has
on the deep end.

Beside Rachel you would have probably lost badly
if you came. Competitive smash is tough.

TIPS

Smash Rookie
Well, I had a great time at my first Smashfest. I can't wait until i get the chance to play all of you again.

Hoeg- Thanks for hosting this wonderful event. I had a blast.

Ben/Matt- thanks for being my personal coaches ;)

kintehr- I really appreciate you teaching me how to play Marth better. It helped a lot. I had a chance to play a lot of smash tonight and i tried to use what you taught me and i can already see an improvement in my playing.

Mike- Thanks for driving me up there

Christie- Thanks for letting us use your camera to take sweet pics

Rwar/Ryan- You have to come to Dubuque so we can hang out sometime.

EB- thanks for being my partner.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Meh if Frost Byte would have teamed with me instead of Kami then we would have owned you and Kintehr because I don't cheat by pausing :p .
Just to let everybody know I didn't make this person up. It was my friend frost byte who tried to play a trick on me and introduce me to a "new" female smasher. I guess by her profile she is in my brain and wants to marry me. I guess she wanted to be publicly known.

To Kintehr and Gary- You guys won in teams ^_^ So the pausing didn't matter right? Somone called my name and wanted to money match me.

If I go to smym anybody want to mm? I'm taking names lol. Of course I'm not that good but I love an exciting game. Because otherwise friendlies are just friendlies.

@ Tips. I don't remember you. Were you the kid who couldn't play anybody but marth?

To Gary man those dittos were crazy. But that roy match was especially fun. I wasn't goign to let your roy 4 stock me lol.

TIPS

Smash Rookie
hey now be nice kami. yes i mained Marth, but i play other characters. i just haven't gotten a chance to get good with other characters being i have only been playing for two months. I can play a decent Sheik.

TIPS

Smash Rookie
lolz. I meant what i said as a joke. I really didn't mean what I said to sound like I was mad. sorry.

Heog

Smash Cadet
I did my best to try and figure out who got what, and it was highly dependant on who played who, and when:

Singles (I kinda hadto guestimate some stuff):
1->Icy, 2-> Potter, 3-> Alex, 4-> Kamikazi/EarthBowser, 5-> fidi, 6->gary/kintehr 7->christie, 8-> Brian/Matt, 9->Gabe/M.G., 10->Ben, 11-> Troy/Ryan/Kevin/Chris/Andrew

Doubles:
1-> Hy-Vee Ninjas, 2-> Bunny rabbits 3-> Team x/ The Prostitutes, 4->Fisticuffs/Kevin & Kevinettes/Montey Carlo Sugar Daddies/Batmen/The CPU

Low Tier:
1->EarthBowser, 2-> Mike, 3-> Gary/Troy, 4-> Chris/Ben/Kami,
5-> Alex/Gabe/Matt/Andrew/Jaklyn/Ryan

Thanks for all the fun everyone. This had far beyond the results that I was expecting and I'm really happy to see the local SSBM crowd. I'll definitely get another one of these together in the future. In the mean-time I look forward to seeing alot of you at SMYM!

The (caugh-fake-caugh) women are all over you Kami, lucky dog.

Missed shoutout:
2%, you rock, was great to see you getting into the action and fighting your way through, I can definitely see you turning into an epic smash player.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
I'm disapointed with my performance in singles but it's all good I guess. Doubles was interesting. And you know the women are all over me wooooo!!!!

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
Yes!!! Now that I am on a decent computer I can finally do Shouts!!

Heog: Thanks for holding the tourney. It's was nice of you to let us use your house.
Nessness is cool!!!
Alex: Don't know what to say other than you got yourself an awesome Peach!
Coaxial Cable: Thanks for sending me the first PM that started this Fest. It probably would have never happened without your PM
EarthBowser: Thanks for those Low tier matches. They should have been recorded. Also those stories of past tournies were great.
Icy: Thanks for not completely quiting Smash. I almost beat you at Corneria too. Thanks for coming.
Fidi: Your Fox is getting more and more better each time we play. Don't get too far ahead
:)
Dark Hogosha: Doing the brackets was Nice! Thanks for taking Dobuque to this. Nice job in teams by the way.
Faelie: Thanks for taking those pictures. It was nice too play your Samus too. I think that missle platform thing on Pokemon stadium is cool!
Potter: Nice Haircut
Kamikaze: Yeah those dittos were pretty sweet and just to let you know I don't play a serious Captain. I don't plan on it either. Thanks for coming!
SHEER COLD!!!!: Nice seeing you again. Didn't get to play much last tourney so it was good to see you here. Pikachu is Cool despite his low appeal! How did you change your name?
Deveyous: Hope I spell you name right, but thanks for the matches. You suprised me those lots of times in the matches.

Hope to see you all of you again sometime. I will wait till the day!

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
You don't plan on playing a serious captain huh? lol. Why not :( ?

To frost byte. I was thinking mid april or very early may. Most likely it won't be in the circuit unless they got room for me during those months. Everybody and there mom wants to be in it. >_<

This duck avatar rocks!

Fidz

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone,
Does anyone in this group still play? Gary, Kintehr??
There's been an impressive revival in Iowa City, and all around Iowa to say the least. Let me knowwww

Kuares

Pizza
Lo yeah. I'm in college at ames, but I'll be back this weekend for 2 weeks to Cedar Rapids.

I still play, Kintehr's kinda meh on playing more tournaments stuffs. Course she'll still go to them still. I've been playing abit of smash too, and apparently I'm okay.

Going to send you a PM. Tell me what you've got planned as far as get togethers. I'll be up for playing some melee. : )

Top Bottom