• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Just ignore Hostility, the list isn't trash. It's a good reference point as to what each move can be followed up with if you ask me, although many things are somewhat intuitive.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah, no problem. There are jerks everywhere though, but it's just one of those things in life you just have to get used to and work around I suppose.

While I'm too busy atm, I might be able to help you out later. There was something on the ROB boards a while ago, about which %s you can attempt to link certain moves together. If you had rough estimates in training mode for how these moves link together, that could be helpful. It'll take some time, but once everything is done individually, general strings will be evident, which would be pretty cool. Also keep in mind to include DI if you do this, certain followups might have to be changed if your opponent DI's away/towards you.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
List the true combos, or list all the possible follow ups from ever possible move. Not some random combination of both.

I HATE the very concept of "Followups" A follow up is basically something you use after a certain move. Which, unless it is COMPLETELY inescapable, then you have to WORK for that move after the previous move. If you consider this a follow up, then the list would be infinite. An entire Brawl match could be considered one giant followup if you count the hits that you have to work for "follow ups."

After you do a move, believe it or not, you can do ANY MOVE after that. I hate it when people say "Let's analyze the possible follow-ups..." Well guess what, you can do nearly any move after the ending lag of another!

The focus of Brawl is NOT followups, good God, if you hit an opponent, 90% of the time (The other 10 is for random 0% combos and the like) THAT'S IT, NO OTHER MOVE IS GUARANTEED TO HIT. People say it basically resets the position, but that's kind of untrue, one may have a more disadvantageous position after being hit, and you can TAKE ADVANTAGE of said disadvantage by predicting what they will do and countering their move that you predicted with a move of your own. This is not a follow up.

Sorry, kudos to you for putting forth the effort to making a list... but, I personally HATE the very concept of followups.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom