• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
WOMGZ ITZ A CMBOZ BCUZ UR PRDICTNG UR OPPNENT!

yeah pretty much the summary of what people have been saying about a combo.
Is it to hard to wrap one's head around the idea that a combo is a sequence of hits in which your opponent cannot escape.

The idea of their being a great number of combos is laughable. Only a few characters can chain their attacks in such a manner and even then not beyond 2-4 hits.

4 being the max number of moves changed together since afterwards they can DI away or airdodge etc etc.
It's very strict on what can be done.

Koga

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it's possible to hit people over and over. No, it's never actually a combo.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FaQET1dA2I8

All I do is hit people over and over. But I don't call it a combo.
Nice marth, but that wario didn't use his motorcycle at all except for recovery.

Was he saving it for his recovery? Cause that bike has a lot of priorty and since you can jump off of it its a fairly safe approach, it also works as a stage hazard for your opponent.

Bud

Smash Journeyman
i agree, i now anticipate airdodge and wreck it. Also edge grabbing takes much more skill because the grab window is so small which helps the more skilled player along with the anticipation of a airdoge or spotdodge combo which I feel is a combo though some would disagree.

Top Bottom