• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

15 questions about Sheik

FalconOwnage

Smash Apprentice
questions:

1. can Falcon crouch to avoid Sheik's grab?
2. does DIing away after Sheik's f-tilt prevent a f-air followup from Sheik?
3. does DIing away after Sheik's dash attack prevent a f-air followup from Sheik?
4. if Falcon does an up throw, at what percent range is a knee guaranteed?
5. if Sheik DIs away after the up throw, will she avoid the knee?
6. if Falcon does a down throw, at what percent range is a knee guaranteed?
7. if Falcon does a down tilt, at what percent range is a knee guaranteed?
8. if Sheik is using down smash to edge guard, can Falcon tech it? What type of DI (or SDI) does this require?
9. if Sheik is using f-tilt to edge guard, will a precise ledge sweet spot from Falcon avoid the f-tilt?
10. if Falcon does an up throw, at what percent range is Sheik guaranteed to hit the ground? At what percent range will Sheik be able to double jump after the up throw?
11. if Falcon jab-resets Sheik, is an immediate f-smash (angled downwards) guaranteed to hit Sheik?
12. will the down-angled f-smash send Sheik flying at the same angle as a normal-angled f-smash?
13. if Sheik is hanging on the ledge, is a down tilt guaranteed to hit Sheik? What angle will this send Sheik at?
14. if Falcon is hanging on the ledge and Sheik explodes Falcon with the start-up of her up-b, can Falcon tech it? What type of DI (or SDI) does this require?
15. is up-air > knee DI dependent? At what percent range does this work?

bonus questions (not related to the Sheik match-up):

16. if Falcon does an up throw and the enemy lands on one of the side platforms on Battlefield, which option is faster?:
short hop > double jump > stomp
full hop > stomp
17. if Falcon planks (ledge drop > double jump > re-grab ledge), is he 100% invincible the whole time?
18. if Falcon simply grabs the ledge once, how long is he invincible for?

Last edited:

Mastodon

Smash Apprentice
questions:

3. does DIing away after Sheik's dash attack prevent a f-air followup from Sheik?
8. if Sheik is using down smash to edge guard, can Falcon tech it? What type of DI (or SDI) does this require?
9. if Sheik is using f-tilt to edge guard, will a precise ledge sweet spot from Falcon avoid the f-tilt?
10. if Falcon does an up throw, at what percent range is Sheik guaranteed to hit the ground? At what percent range will Sheik be able to double jump after the up throw?
11. if Falcon jab-resets Sheik, is an immediate f-smash (angled downwards) guaranteed to hit Sheik?
12. will the down-angled f-smash send Sheik flying at the same angle as a normal-angled f-smash?
13. if Sheik is hanging on the ledge, is a down tilt guaranteed to hit Sheik? What angle will this send Sheik at?
14. if Falcon is hanging on the ledge and Sheik explodes Falcon with the start-up of her up-b, can Falcon tech it? What type of DI (or SDI) does this require?

bonus questions (not related to the Sheik match-up):

16. if Falcon does an up throw and the enemy lands on one of the side platforms on Battlefield, which option is faster?:
short hop > double jump > stomp
full hop > stomp
17. if Falcon planks (ledge drop > double jump > re-grab ledge), is he 100% invincible the whole time?
18. if Falcon simply grabs the ledge once, how long is he invincible for?
Do you have 20xx? Some of these questions are pretty easy to answer if you have it. For example, 4, 6, 7, 10, 13 can all be answered by turning on the hitstun overlay.

The only questions I can answer are 17 and 18. 17 is yes, but only if its frame perfect. 18 is 60 frames, or exactly one second. I believe all characters have this same statistic IIRC

Last edited:

coilerr

Smash Cadet
Do you have 20xx? Some of these questions are pretty easy to answer if you have it. For example, 4, 6, 7, 10, 13 can all be answered by turning on the hitstun overlay.

The only questions I can answer are 17 and 18. 17 is yes, but only if its frame perfect. 18 is 60 frames, or exactly one second. I believe all characters have this same statistic IIRC
actually its 30 frames for all chars

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
1. Doubtful, never tried it though
2. No, if shiek reads the DI and you're above 60, it's pretty free no matter what
3. Not exactly, but it will make the follow-up harder in general.
4. around 60. I think i've got it at 50 before too.
5. If you read the DI the knee is gonna be pretty free no matter what. Falcon's jump can cover the options.
6. 100? i think maybe. Idk, usually if I'm going for downthrow knee on shiek I feel like I missed a lot of earlier free kills
7. 80ish, possibly a bit earlier.
8. You can tech everything, smash DI towards the stage and input the tech right before you get hit.
9. If you reverse your up-b it'll make you harder to hit, but falcon has no true sweetspot so you have to learn what you can do to avoid edgeguards through experience.
10. I don't think shiek ever hits the ground outright, MAAAAAYYYBBBEE below 10 but she can generally jump out
11. don't know, grab her or stomp her instead, more damage and better follow ups.
12. I believe they all send at the same general angle
13. yup, it'll send her up. Dtilt will hit a little below the ledge. (useful for spacies illusions too.)
14. again yes, you can tech everything. DI toward the stage.
15. Yeah, don't know the percent cause I always feel it out. If they DI In it's pretty free. Some DI you have to fast fall after the uair a little to line up the knee.

Like others said, you could have learned about 90% of this by playing a shiek for like 2 hours. and almost everything will change depending on DI, crouch cancelling, shiek doing dumb stuff, etc. My percentages could be wrong too, I generally feel everything out.

Best advice, put her in the air and she can't do much. She's combo food with no great options for the air. uair will beat most everything

FalconOwnage

Smash Apprentice
I don't have 20XX

Thanks for the answers tho CoffeeMug

I actually knew most of the stuff, just not the specific percent ranges that you mentioned.

0Room

Smash Lord
If you have questions about % they're probably in the Falcon Index thread

No. Falcon's a big dude. He cannot pull a Kirby.

Yes? It makes it more difficult and gives you space technically. I'm assuming you're on the edge and ftilted off stage because if you're not you're just gonna get dash attacked and then faired anyway
Here's some information from the CFindex thread about ftilts

Nope, not unless you're at a high percent

From the Falcon Index thread

If she's outside that percentage yes

Look at #4's answer

I don't know. Figure it out and report back
Also probablyy 70-90%

Yes, same as always. SDI into the ledge, tech, hold up so you jump. Here's a post from the CFindex thread from Magus about SDI [are you sensing a pattern here]

Not sure. Check for ftilt hitbox data [Magus probably has some lying around somewhere on their page]. If her leg sweeps below the ledge then the answer is no since Falcon cannot sweet spot, hit hitbox always goes over the ledge

Never? She will most likely jump or nair, I can't imagine her just doing nothing and hitting the ground. 13%

Yes, anything after a jab reset is guaranteed if you do it correctly.

Angle depends on DI as much as the move.

Assuming she's not invincible, yes. Will send her up, like all characters.

Not sure why she would do that but theoretically everything is SDI wall techable from the ledge by slamming in and teching with a wall jump

Everything is DI dependent, yes this is from the falcon index thread

TL;DR
check the falcon match up thread it answers like 80% of your questions I didn't make that **** for nothin

Top Bottom