• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100% Working Spike.

Sean~

Smash Apprentice
Ive found a way to 100% spike ur opponent if they stand on the edge.

Simple: Pick a bom, try not to be openly, Just try to mindgame him. After that when ur close to him do a Short hop, Z-drop, ( Front of him ) not on him cause you will blow urself up.

But in front, so if it hits just Dair.

i tested it on low % it works on 200% to. :) so its 100% spike, so Dont worry about the Dmg and knock back of the bom.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Pure genius. I just did this and the most amazing part is, it's so simple! So easy! Get them near the edge, run, jump, Z-drop, make sure it hits, dair spike. I love it. I hope someone doesn't come and post this can be avoided or something, that would suck. Nice work Sean.

Sean~

Smash Apprentice
I think ill make a Vid of it :), so you guys can see what i mean.

@Sasukebowser, When ur opponent is standing near the edge, grab a bom, just z-drop it before him, and Dair. So basically, Run > Short hop - Z-drop bom - Dair. Very simple but keep in mind that u should jump behind him and z- drop it before him, in a short hop, then Dair. There ya go.

Edit:

@samuelson nope its a 100% kill if it works, ur completely ded and its unescapble. the amazing thing of this 100% Spike tech is that u can use it when ur opponent even has 170% or what ever.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
swee :) I get to be a lazy butt and watch what he'll talking aobut instead of reading it. YES! Mission Complete, bomber returning to base.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Hmmm I dont wanna be the first to say it...Oh well, i will. This wont work all the time against experienced players. they could see this coming from a mile away unless im getting wrong what ur saying. ??????

Alzi

Smash Master
Is this when they are hanging on the edge and you drop it above them so if you miss he will hit the bomb and not suicide?

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
thought we had this already its called the bomb spike and theres vids on the bombing like a pro thread that is if its wat i think it is.....

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Oh, i get it now OP its a risk free way to do it tho the opponent will almost never get spiked anyways, since a smart opp will always have invi frames on the ledge and not stay for longer than needed. Thanx anyway.

TLMarth

Smash Ace
No I think this is not the safe bomb spike, where you zdrop then catch with dair, and it blows you up if you miss.

I think he means when the opponent is onstage.
You drop the bomb so that he goes off the edge and you dair.
Basically it's a set up for dairing off stage, much like bair-> dair, except that it's guaranteed supposedly

OMG IT WORKS

Plus you can do it onstage too for the combos.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Hmmm I dont wanna be the first to say it...Oh well, i will. This wont work all the time against experienced players. they could see this coming from a mile away unless im getting wrong what ur saying. ??????
Yea hate to be a kill joy but this is known and still situational and risky.
Yall cant let him have his moment?
:laugh:

Ok seriously i think you two are misunderstanding.
first this is situational but everything that involves spiking an opp will be situational since normally ppls dont just chill by the edge.

Now i havent tried this yet but if i am correct this should be 100% safe. He is saying while your opp is on the board by hte edge run to them drop a bomb and the bombs knock back blows them inot your dair.

So in what way is this risky?
lets look at the scenarios
1) the bomb hits. Well good job that means this spike is a doone deal/
2). they shield the bomb. well what can we do?
right now we shold be behind, so out of range for a sheild grab, and in the perfect positon for a bair.
What if they dont shield grab and the do a jump canceld usmash?
well should be out of range or if you are in range you could
A) air dodge
B) dair to trade hits/ negate their attack

if i am not misreading this than this should be one of the best ways to safely spike.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Hmmm so if the opp is onstage just by the edge, very unlikely scenario but still posible. And u hop above them with a full hop most likely and zdrop so that u dont get hit by the bomb and then dair him it is a guaranteed safe spike? Im pretty sure it can be DId towards the stage so that u dont spike. >_> Agh so confusing.

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
As long as the bomb hits. I had this idea a long time ago, and I tried different variations to it (like bomb shielding), and it works pretty often. If your opponent DIs onto the stage though, they wont' be spiked, like Falco's Dair.

TLMarth

Smash Ace
I drop the bomb in front of them.

Yeah it's a guaranteed combo, but only if the bomb hits. As I said, it's like bair->dair except completely reliable in terms of following up.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
So we win? omg it truly works! tho if they see it they can di to the side to land onstage and tech. But if we surprise them ;).

Hyro

Smash Lord
Wow, definitley sounds like it works, about to go test it out! I love when Toon Link's come up with spike stuff! I have a ton of my own, maybe I should share them someday :p

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
It'd be a good edgeguard game. Watch how they recover, come in, and most will attack recover back onto land. That's when you drop the bomb in front of them and dair. The bomb blast from exploding on the ground will reach them and knock them back a bit off the edge where you can dair them to their death. Thing is, you won't be off of the stage because you spike them at an angle due to the momentum of the blast.

Edit: This works on land as well, that is, you get to dair them and they'll be pushed down onto the ground. Practice on land before practicing on the edge, maybe? Either way, it's the same thing.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Lol now that were talking of spikes i just remembered the other day i mindgamed someone into airdodging right into my dair offstage. Mindgames. Follow their airdodge and dair them out of it. :)

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
Wow, definitley sounds like it works, about to go test it out! I love when Toon Link's come up with spike stuff! I have a ton of my own, maybe I should share them someday :p
LOl you should share them now! Lol why do some people like to keep things a secret and tease about knowing cool things. Dont hog all that coolness to yourself lol. But anyway I want to test this bomb spike out too, Im alittle unsure of what's going on alittle bit like TLM was but Im sure it will be clarified soon. Hopefully with a video X D

Is this anything like i-bombing technique for the initial set up?

Hyro

Smash Lord
Ok just tested it, and it definitley works, read below.

First of all this is a true combo. If the bomb hits, the dair WILL hit. It works on high and low percents.

Second, what you're doing here is taking advantage of the blast radius from toon link's bombs.

Third, you have run up to your opponent, short hop + drop the bomb at the same time, IN FRONT OF HIM. Yeah, in front, on top of him will hurt you, and even too CLOSE to him will hurt you. You need to do it a safe distance away in front of him and we all know how big our blast radius is, so it will hit. Then dair while still in the momentum from your short hop.

They cannot sheild the bomb. Because the bomb isn't even hitting them. The blast from the bomb however is.

And if you have a bomb, then zair them which pushes them closer to the edge, it's a perfect time to do this.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Lol now that were talking of spikes i just remembered the other day i mindgamed someone into airdodging right into my dair offstage. Mindgames. Follow their airdodge and dair them out of it. :)
I love that. It works best on Ike's after a dsmash. For the first time you dsmash them, try to gimp them with nair or fair. Just takes one. After that, they'll airdodge, follow it to a spike.

LOl you should share them now! Lol why do some people like to keep things a secret and tease about knowing cool things. Contribute what you know to the community. But anyway I want to test this bomb spike out too, Im alittle unsure of what's going on alittle bit like TLM was but Im sure it will be clarified soon. Hopefully with a video X D

Is this anything like i-bombing technique for the initial set up?
Well to be honest, I've always wanted to make a video of a ton of my spike setups...but I feel since these things are pretty situational, all my opponents would dodge every one of my spikes. But I've always wanted to make sure every toon link knew!

EDIT: And yes, you can spike them, safely from the stage, if you miss you'll most likely hit their shield...but even if they weren't there, you'd land on stage.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
This makes so much sense. It's so simple and obvious.

______ <('.'<)_

ok, I give up on drawing a picture. But it makes so much sense! As soon as I read the OP I was like :O of course!

If they shield the blast from the bomb, and they're right next to the edge, won't it push them offstage (if they didn't powershield it) so the spike will still work anyway?

Hyro

Smash Lord
This makes so much sense. It's so simple and obvious.

______ <('.'<)_

ok, I give up on drawing a picture. But it makes so much sense! As soon as I read the OP I was like :O of course!

If they shield the blast from the bomb, and they're right next to the edge, won't it push them offstage (if they didn't powershield it) so the spike will still work anyway?
Hmm, never though about that...I don't have any way to test it but I doubt it. I think it would just push them to the point where they're dangling off the edge.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah that's what I was thinking...but when you push them to where they're hanging from the edge...are they invincible the whole time? Do they grab the edge immediately, or are there some frames in there in which they are vulnerable?

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
In complete digression from the above posts, I realized you can do anything with this tech, not just spike.

Now I'm going to post on the current issue. If they expect a spike after the bomb and PS the bomb you can do some other move if you want.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
LOL now that I think about it: I play wifi all the time. When I choose Toon Link and go to the wifi practice room, do you know what the first thing I do EVERY TIME is?

1. pull a bomb (either regular bomb pull, or short hop bomb pull->arrow cancel)
2. jump over the Sandbag, and Z-drop the bomb right in front of it
3. Bair it immediately after it gets hit by the bomb

Yes, I really do that every single time. I can't believe I never thought of doing it for a spike. I rarely use it in an actual 1v1, probably because I don't think of it.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
LOL, I juggle it with jab, Dsmash, and spin attack. It never touches the ground that way. Sometimes I'll practice SH-ing. I definitely need the practice.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Honestly guys, just try it yourself and stop begging for a video.

Nice find, but it would've been best posted in the TL back room, now everyone knows about it. :)

Top Bottom