• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100 man-brawl, cruel brawl, and 15-minute brawl is a complete hell for Lucario.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I have a really hard time using Lucario in the 100 multi man brawl. I was spamming his up smash and his side special, but I racked up a lot of damage and ended up KO'ed after owning about 40-60 so alloys. I was even using his doubleteam counter attack but the alloys still hit me even when I use it and the counterattack never occur. I also have a same problem with the 15-minute multi man brawl, as I only able to survive for 3 minutes (which i did manage to survive for three minutes in the 3 minute one). But, the biggest hell is getting 100 kills with Lucario in endless brawl (which is one of the challenges) and getting 10 kills in cruel multi-man brawl. So far, I manage to own 50 so ppl in endless and no one in cruel multi-man brawl (which I came to the conclusion that cruel multi-man brawl is impossible, for me, for now).

xCheeZe

Smash Rookie
not every character is good in every situation, just go with whatever character gets the job done for such trivial aspects of brawl.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Pikachu's down B is great for killing the alloys. If you want to cheese the game off, then you can get KO's on cruel brawl by using Kirby, grabbing the ledge and floating away and back, they might follow you and suicide. With Pit, you can win 15-minute brawl by just flying away for 15 minutes, or keep killing them until there is only 1 left, and no one else respawns. Then just avoid that one for the time.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>.> Uhh...
Utilt under a platform.
Little lag, easy KOs.
If you don't like that, FTilt or DTilt a lot.
If you don't like that, SHNAirs.
Lucario doesn't suck at MMBs at all.
-DD

itsame

Smash Rookie
Yeah going on the advice of previous posters- if you can't do it with Lucario, try someone else i guess...
I tried doing the 100 man with Lucario, and i ended up just Dtilting a lot--worked for me, got 100 kills.

CaNuk

Smash Rookie
Well....IMO it seems that you might not quite know how to play Lucario. As the other posters said, tilts are a must (especially Utilt and Ftilt) both in the challenges and when brawling. Lucario's smashes and Over-B have significant lag so those are probably the worst moves you could be doing against multiple opponents. You should chill out in training mode and practice getting a feel for how to tilt, it can be hard if you're used to smashing all the time. And I can't remember the last time I used Lucario's Usmash except if I missed a Utilt O_o it has a horrible hitbox so I'd steer clear of using it.

CaNuk

Smash Rookie
Oh and spamming any move is a bad idea since your attack just get's weaker and weaker, probably not as important in multi-man but you should try and break that habit for 1v1 brawls.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
ok, i manage to get 92 kills with Lucario, i have no problem just using up tilt. The bigger problem is avoiding damage and prevent myself from accidently activating an explosive (i.e. smart bomb). All of this resulted me getting +150% damage for Lucario. But hey, more damage is more power.

Milln

Smash Champion
I just did all of this stuff with Lucario. Up Tilt is awesome. Ftilt is cool, too. Don't be above items. If it's a Cracker Launcher or a ray Gun use it. Pokeballs, too. Assist Trophies don't worry too much about. the obligatory throw up thing gets you hit sometimes. But yeah.. almost all of your KOs will be from utilt. In the later percentages, while you wait for things to spawn above you, charge up your aura sphere to keep the alloys in front of you away so that they'll either jump or be ko'd.

Cruel Brawl is different. Immediately run to the side and just play ledge games. Alloys cannot grab ledges. You will abuse that. My current highest is eleven.

Zerstoren

Smash Rookie
You know, if there's no way for you to beat the 100-man with Lucario, I recommend my tested and effective way to win ----> Spam DK's down-B until victory occurs.

It's how I do it.

Duopierce

Smash Rookie
I haven't had a problem using him at all in the Multi-Man Brawls. Getting caught amongst lots of enemies seems fine for me with him, because his attacks stun the opponents without knocking them too far, allowing you to set up for great finishers on several opponents at once.

Also used him to beat Event 41 on Hard, but that seems to always take a lot of luck anyway.

Chaotix_0

Smash Apprentice
Each character has its pros and cons. Wolf can easily beat the 100-Man Brawl within 3 minutes.
Lots of characters can do that, I think the player matters more and so does having two bazookas drop into your lap, free kills.

That's crazy though, I used Wolf too. He was my favorite right after I unlocked him.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
anyways, thanks for the help, i manage to finish the 100 multi-man brawl with Lucario last night by alternating up-tilt and down aerial, though i didn't meet the time requirement. I used Pikachu for getting the time requirement by spamming down B, but I was three kills behind for I ended up self-destructing by accident because the alloys pushed me too far.

templar rage

Smash Cadet
Honestly, it is not that hard to use Lucario. If you are still getting hit with Double Team, the only thing I can say is to practice your timing, which shouldn't be too hard, because from what I have seen, Lucario's Counter is more generous in terms of mistake time than Marth's or Ike's. And as the others have said, there are other characters.

As for Cruel and 15-minute, they are not Lucario's cup of tea. I recommend Kirby for Cruel, and I don't know about 15, since I just used a Golden Hammer.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
You know that there are 34 other charecters you could use for all these modes i mean you don't have to it all with lucario.
If you want to unlock every trophy, you need to complete 100-Man Brawl with EVERY character. You could just use a Hammer to break that window but it's not really all that hard. I'd rather save my Hammers for something more annoying.

EDIT: Also, Jiggs works better for Cruel/15-Minute Brawl because she can DI in the air much quicker than Kirby. You can move from one side of Battlefield to the other in three jumps going underneath.

FerretStyle

Smash Apprentice
Eh. My strategy for Lucario in 100-man was the same as with half the characters.

Fanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfan up tilt
Fanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfanfan up tilt

:p

Top Bottom