• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

#1 way to improve Meta Knight

Shears

Smash Master
if his jab came out as fast as his dsmash, was an instant KO, gave invincibility frames, and was a projectile. o and if it had a huge hitbox, i think that would make MK #1 for sure.

Shears

Smash Master
I would totally reflect this at you.
no you cant, it acts as a melee attack so it cant be absorbed by ness or lucas, G&W cant catch it, it breaks shields, and cant be reflected by fox, falco, or wolf. however, it can be countered, but since you get invincibility frames that last twice as long as the attack duration it wont hurt MK.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
ok everyone is joking, but I will answer seriously. If dimensional cape had invincibility frames during the teleport, and had slightly less ending lag... MK would be way better. I think thats the most reasonable yet most game-changing thing that I would demand if I had a ssbb game designer tied up in my basement.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
I wish MetaKnight had a different move in place of his Mach Tornado; it's MetaKnight's most useless attack. Something that helped against campers would have been much better.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Uh...troll?
No, I just don't like that attack. I believe it's only effective if you spam it. Otherwise it doesn't fit in with the rest of MetaKnight's moves. It has a pretty bad start up, so a projectile user can hit you before you can even go into it. Thus, it's goldy priority becomes useless as an approach option. Furthermore, it's extemely punishable, and it has no knock-back. I really don't see the Mach Tornado being a great move. I also don't like how it doesn't grab onto the stage.

GriN

Smash Rookie
No, I just don't like that attack. I believe it's only effective if you spam it. Otherwise it doesn't fit in with the rest of MetaKnight's moves. It has a pretty bad start up, so a projectile user can hit you before you can even go into it. Thus, it's goldy priority becomes useless as an approach option. Furthermore, it's extemely punishable, and it has no knock-back. I really don't see the Mach Tornado being a great move. I also don't like how it doesn't grab onto the stage.
Uh...start up lagg is next to none.

That's why you stay on the ground, use it to go horizontally, not vertically. Greatly reduces punish-time afterwards.

It actually has a decent knock back if you hit with the last hit, i've killed people at 150%+ with the last hit.

As for revocery, either use side B instead, up B, or just mash the B button and angle the stick upwards, don't aim for the edge but right above it on the platform. (I much prefer side B, or just floating my way back up to the stage, though)

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Uh...start up lagg is next to none.

That's why you stay on the ground, use it to go horizontally, not vertically. Greatly reduces punish-time afterwards.

It actually has a decent knock back if you hit with the last hit, i've killed people at 150%+ with the last hit.

As for revocery, either use side B instead, up B, or just mash the B button and angle the stick upwards, don't aim for the edge but right above it on the platform. (I much prefer side B, or just floating my way back up to the stage, though)
Interesting tips. I always figured that you should either try and stay in one spot with the Mach Tornado or either go up with it. I didn't think of using it horizontally. Now that I think about it, it makes a lot of sense to use it that way. Using it as a recovery is something I do to try and remain unpredictable when returning to the stage. The Drill rush is good for that, too.

Still, it's start up time is easily expossed by projectiles users. You can't even go into the Mach Tornado against them. That's one of the reasons I don't use the attack.

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
Then jump the projectiles. Full-hopped Mach Tornadoes are often useful approach methods against projectile spammers; although the Drill Rush is still a better bet, it's always good to vary your moves, both to throw off your opponent and to make sure the Drill Rush doesn't go stale.

sxiz

Smash Cadet
I was hoping for mask/armor/cape/sword-less Meta to be a Kirby costume this time. Instead they give us greyscale Kirby instead of mime Kirby. D<

But yeah, maskless Meta and Dark MK costumes would propel him to God Tier.

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
If Dimensional Cape didn't put MK into helpless state it would be insane. That is, if it were like Sonic's Spring Jump where you can attack out of it, but not perform anymore specials. MK is good enough though seriously.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
ok everyone is joking, but I will answer seriously. If dimensional cape had invincibility frames during the teleport, and had slightly less ending lag... MK would be way better. I think thats the most reasonable yet most game-changing thing that I would demand if I had a ssbb game designer tied up in my basement.
I agree 500%. It should also have reflective properties like in E3's trailer.

I wish MetaKnight had a different move in place of his Mach Tornado; it's MetaKnight's most useless attack. Something that helped against campers would have been much better.
It's a damage builder. Think of it as another way of dealing damage while avoiding move decay with other moves. Also, it's highly rewarding to Uair your opponent to the top of the screen and then finish them with a tornado.

sirkibble2

Smash Rookie
I agree. Pit users who spam the arrows are some of the most annoying and jumping and using the Mach Tornado in various ways can trick your opponent. Plus it helps to do a jump then the neutral B so that way you can avoid tripping and getting laser locked by Falco's.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
if they made the D CAPE better like invicibility on the beginning of it it would just be 4 times better.

but its still mad flashy to do the d cape and grab the ledge.

Unsight

Smash Rookie
Still, it's start up time is easily expossed by projectiles users. You can't even go into the Mach Tornado against them. That's one of the reasons I don't use the attack.
Perhaps your problem isn't so much the Mach Tornado as it is your ability to face projectile users.

Top Bottom