• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 bomb "tech"?

SuSa

Banned via Administration

sasook

Smash Champion
I've done both ways with Link, actually. Never dropped it totally offstage the 2nd way.

D

Deleted member

omfg havokk you're killing me with your posts jesus christ

its no that we dont like that you are posting these stuff, but we have a metagame discussion thread for these things and we want our boards clean.
you are not allowed to post new threads only cause you are a good smasher you know, it should be equal for everyone.
we(at least I) dont hate you.

SuSa

its no that we dont like that you are posting these stuff, but we have a metagame discussion thread for these things and we want our boards clean.
you are not allowed to post new threads only cause you are a good smasher you know, it should be equal for everyone.
we(at least I) dont hate you.
12-03-2008 - Last Post that wasn't a bump post
12-22-2008 - Bumped by Blu Link - No Further Posts have been made

Is it me, or did that thread sort of die and no one really looks at it at all. Hence why I made a new thread, rather then placing it in a thread that no one looks at.

:mewtwo:

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
I do these every now and then, they're not really that useful.

I guess what Arkive means is that thing like these dont need its own thread, there's the Q&A thread.

And don't stop trying to contribute Havokk, we appreciate your sharing spirit, just try to do it the correct way.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
I consider both useless in actual battle. I've seen a Link do that and get himself blown up. Putting bombs in front of you while you're hanging on the ledge is also dumb because it takes away options you have of getting back on stage (while giving you a time limit for when those bombs will explode on your hands) while doing virtually nothing to the guy waiting for you to tech roll, attack, ledge hop attack , jump whatever.

SuSa

I consider both useless in actual battle. I've seen a Link do that and get himself blown up. Putting bombs in front of you while you're hanging on the ledge is also dumb because it takes away options you have of getting back on stage (while giving you a time limit for when those bombs will explode on your hands) while doing virtually nothing to the guy waiting for you to tech roll, attack, ledge hop attack , jump whatever.
Ever be confused whether you should try to bomb stage spike an opponent, or edgeguard them?

Example #1 shows how to solve that problem for both.

Ever have an opponent try to jab (or possibly another move) while you try to get up?

Example #2 shows how to solve that problem.
Placing a bomb on the stage makes them pick that up, which may screw them up, or they'll throw it and you both blow up.

Think outside the box more.

SuSa

"Has this been found?"
"Is this already known?"

Something like that. Dont take it one me though, Im not trying to hate.

*throws himself through the window*
This is more or less a statement.

I figured if the Link boards had found it, they would have shared it with the TL boards.

The TL boards had this posted a day or two ago, I tested it with Link, thought I'd share it.

Figured the two boards would communicate with eachother since a lot of tech's that can be done with one can be done with the other. Last time I assume that.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
I will NEVER share anything with a toon link. lol

Anyway, yeah i think this is deserving of a thread since this technique has never even been mentioned on these boards before. New discoveries* always get a new thread. It's usefulness is determined afterwards and after some time (i.e. pivot sliding).

*By new discovery I mean that it has not been talked about before, I don't care if YOU knew about this already and just decided not to mention it.

SuSa

Posted some questions in the Q&A Thread, read up on it

It kills Wario at around 100% with good DI, and 115-120% with insane DI. lol

Also thanks for seeing my point Ich Bin. I always make a new thread for something that hasn't been talked about, or WAS talking about but not much at all.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
This thread is actually okay, I've never seen any discussion whatever on this topic and certainly haven't seen any Link mains do this (or even point it out). I think this may be useful for edgeguarding and countering edgeguarders.

Top Bottom