• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.10 Balance change speculation?

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Virtually no tournaments run customs, so they aren't relevant in our match ups

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
Sooooo ummmm.

im sorry and this means.......what?
I'm sorry, I know her customs are really cool and really beef up her stage presence, but the strongest possibilty of us utilising that is with online tourneys, and even then we'd have to fend off time-out Sonics, unapproachable Rosalinas, tear-slurping HSB Pikachus, and Palutenas that fell out of PM.

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Virtually no tournaments run customs, so they aren't relevant in our match ups
Are we using a quota of small tournys or large cuz well. didnt evo have them?

@ SpandexBullets SpandexBullets Well certainly you know your asking her to have top teir counters too top tier strats. Its not like its just samus that would have issue with said characters many have, id argue more than half the cast in the customs invironment have way more issue with them than Samus.

Last edited:

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
Are we using a quota of small tournys or large cuz well. didnt evo have them?

@ SpandexBullets SpandexBullets Well certainly you know your asking her to have top teir counters too top tier strats. Its not like its just samus that would have issue with said characters many have, id argue more than half the cast in the customs invironment have way more issue with them than Samus.
Initially, i thought customs were the way to go for balancing characters.
Theeeen everyone got super buffed (including weegie lol).
Because of the rate of these updates, and how significantly they change the meta, it's honestly just easier to wait for updates then it is to develop customs.

Sorry.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Initially, i thought customs were the way to go for balancing characters.
Theeeen everyone got super buffed (including weegie lol).
Because of the rate of these updates, and how significantly they change the meta, it's honestly just easier to wait for updates then it is to develop customs.

Sorry.
Sorry? for what now? its not like your breaking any conrtoversal news and placing them as fact. ur just laying out your opinion np there.

Tonetta

Smash Apprentice
The talk of customs would be more concrete if it was discussed after the final patch for the game.

S.P.A.D.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lavama
Pls i hope you did not take my joke seriously.
Well they were the last one's released...

So yeah. Customs is an interesting thing, they seem cemented in the game as they are, and a sort of forgotten pipe dream. Good idea that just flat out perished.

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
Well they were the last one's released...

So yeah. Customs is an interesting thing, they seem cemented in the game as they are, and a sort of forgotten pipe dream. Good idea that just flat out perished.
There's still updates coming - and I'd love to see the more fleshed out ones come into play much later into the development of the meta (Ice balls, Falco/Fox/Wolf blaster, Mii gunner options, distant thunder, Kirby's Brawl hammer, ice breath, bomb variations, ZSS blasters, Ganon sword, fire arrow, variations of counter, Ness customs, melee boomerang, variations of firebird/fox and phantasm save for twisting fox, etc.)

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
I mean like...2-4 years later in the meta.

After everyone mains Charizard once they realise he's SSG tier
A Heavy being top tier? i like this new meta.
But to be frank i feel like we are gunna be in for another new smash with the NX witch im guessing aint to far away. not saying the smash 4 meta wont survive but from this point on it seems like a good idea to expand upon smash 4s gameplay and only improve upon it with future installments. im not sure smash 4 will even have 4 years of meta cuz a new smash might be released by then.

Last edited:

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
A Heavy being top tier? i like this new meta.
But to be frank i feel like we are gunna be in for another new smash with the NX witch im guessing aint to far away. not saying the smash 4 meta wont survive but from this point on it seems like a good idea to expand upon smash 4s gameplay and only improve upon it with future installments. im not sure smash 4 will even have 4 years of meta cuz a new smash might be released by then.
No.

S.P.A.D.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lavama
Hue hue, happened with brawl already.​
That is true, and apparently Smash 4 is hackable, so who knows what sort of stuff will happen now. New Project M? A (Seriously doubtable but hey) Project 64? Hell maybe even a Brawl mod, there's no way of knowing. There's also no way of knowing with Nintendo.

What a time to be a Smash fan.

Top Bottom