• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 1.1.5 patch notes- no I'm not joking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
I don't know how much damage bouncing fish or forward throw did pre-patch but fthrow to bouncing fish does 14 damage instead of 19.

D

Deleted member

***Forward Throw got nerfed
At 0% they go into the tumble animation instantly.
F Throw to Bouncing Fish still seems pretty easy to land as always.

***Maybe Vertical increase KBG on Forward Throw?!

***Needles range is slightly less now

ArikadoSD ArikadoSD - I think its KBG, could jump out way more easily.

OathToAwesome OathToAwesome - It changes the DI mix ups on throws. So now you can't follow up no where near as easy off of forward throw and at high percent it has become a follow up, I think as of now.

OathToAwesome OathToAwesome - unsure yet, but i think everything should be harder to land now.

(going to keep editing this post when I find things)

Last edited by a moderator:

OathToAwesome

Smash Cadet
Forward Throw got nerfed
At 0% they go into the tumble animation instantly.
F Throw to Bouncing Fish still seems pretty easy to land as always.
(going to keep editing this post when I find things)
How is this a nerf, exactly? If that's the only change to fthrow, can't it still combo just fine if they're still in hitstun?

EDIT: @fyazko so you're saying fthrow is actually better now at high percents? Or are the usmash/uair and instant/delayed BF 50/50s less useful now?

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I don't know how much damage bouncing fish or forward throw did pre-patch but fthrow to bouncing fish does 14 damage instead of 19.
check the damage % and not the combo meter. it's not changed

anyway reported changes so far:

- needle range reduced
- fthrow angle changed
- dthrow somehow changed, probably angle and/or kbg (?)

D

Deleted member

- Needles Range
- FThrow (Angle + KBG)
- DThrow (Angle + KBG)

Last edited by a moderator:

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Tested Dthrow at a 100 on luigi.

Used pictochat so I could measure distance in height using the lines in the background.

prepatch:

Post Patch:

Seems like a clear change in distance traveled in height. Both at 100 on same character, on training mode.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Oh boy, here we go again.
Tested Dthrow at a 100 on luigi.

Used pictochat so I could measure distance in height using the lines in the background.

prepatch:

Post Patch:

Seems like a clear change in distance traveled in height. Both at 100 on same character, on training mode.
Also, is it just me or does the new KB just send them higher? If so, does that mean that we can kill with it faster now? The 50/50 won't work as long, but it should kill earlier due to being closer to the Blast Zone sooner.

Last edited:

Quarium

Smash Journeyman

Also, is it just me or does the new KB just send them higher? If so, does that mean that we can kill with it faster now? The 50/50 won't work as long, but it should kill earlier due to being closer to the Blast Zone sooner.
I didnt do extensive testing to see exactly what is taking effect there before updating. Just took pics for measure, I just wanted to point out there's a change there to behin with. Now it needs to be tested on a DI'ing human at several percents to figure out implications.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345

It's the Uair or Vanish that kills, not the throw, so if it throws higher, it'll stop comboing earlier.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Sheik:
Dsmash kbg 155 -> 165
Fair defensive hitbox Z pos 3.5 -> 2.5
Fair hitbox Z pos 3.5 -> 2.5

Fthrow angle 70 -> 72
Fthrow KBG 65 -> 79
Dthrow Angle 80 -> 77
Dthrow KBG 75 -> 90

what does this mean guys

guys what does this mean

HELP

HELP

PANIC

(((PANIC)))

D

Deleted member

Sheik:
Dsmash kbg 155 -> 165

Fthrow angle 70 -> 72
Fthrow KBG 65 -> 79
Dthrow Angle 80 -> 77
Dthrow KBG 75 -> 90

what does this mean guys

guys what does this mean

HELP

HELP

PANIC

(((PANIC)))
Sadly,hitboxes size I think...

D

Deleted member

Sheik:
Dsmash kbg 155 -> 165

Fthrow angle 70 -> 72
Fthrow KBG 65 -> 79
Dthrow Angle 80 -> 77
Dthrow KBG 75 -> 90

what does this mean guys

guys what does this mean

HELP

HELP

PANIC

(((PANIC)))
WAIT, Forward air?!
*Clears throat and reads it 5 times to make sure you said is what you said.

D Throw, it's way harder for the 50/50 and at later percents for sure. very DI dependent now.
F Throw seems like it works pretty okay at lower percents.
BUT FAIR I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT. less range you think?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
WAIT, Forward air?!
*Clears throat and reads it 5 times to make sure you said is what you said.

D Throw, it's way harder for the 50/50 and at later percents for sure. very DI dependent now.
F Throw seems like it works pretty okay at lower percents.
BUT FAIR I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT. less range you think?
I know all about fthrow/dthrow and needles but i have no idea what the z-axis hitbox or w/e it is does.. i honestly have no clue, no sheik has reported less range on fair or whatever but idk dude D:

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Sheik:
Dsmash kbg 155 -> 165

Fthrow angle 70 -> 72
Fthrow KBG 65 -> 79
Dthrow Angle 80 -> 77
Dthrow KBG 75 -> 90

what does this mean guys

guys what does this mean

HELP

HELP

PANIC

(((PANIC)))
Down smash will kill a lot earlier now.

Z axis nerf may not be that big of a deal. Z axis meaning in and out of the screen. Not left or right range nerf or up and down nerf on the hit box.

F throw angle changed. Not sure how big of a deal that will be.

Forward throw KB changed by a lot, meaning at higher percents it may not even lead to anything. Same goes for down throw.

Overall, pretty big nerf for sheik. Sheik may turn into diddy where she's still good and viable or completely die off like luigi. Only time will tell.

D

Deleted member

I know all about fthrow/dthrow and needles but i have no idea what the z-axis hitbox or w/e it is does.. i honestly have no clue, no sheik has reported less range on fair or whatever but idk dude D:
Same, maybe the positioned hitbox but I don't really feel a difference in range though...

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
I'm worried. I thought we were in the clear now, or at least I was hoping.

If 50/50 no longer works or usually doesn't work, our most common method of killing just went out the door. I don't know much about the Z hitbox on Fair but if the range is reduced then the complainers finally won. Not to mention needles.

I haven't tested it out yet, but if they DI inwards at low % then fthrow > BF may not even work anymore on many characters, and fair strings will be awkward.

I think we may have gotten Diddy'd. Again.

The only silver lining may be that fthrow's KBG reduction could mean it leads into things at higher percents than it currently does, but the angle change probably cancels that out too.

Last edited:

Skydra

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'm starting to really feel the dthrow nerf, angle isn't fun. Still sometimes can connect things off it but not nearly as often. Good DI ruins it.

Otherwise I'm not concerned by the fthrow nerf, still connects lots of things at many percents. It will need some getting used to but I can roll with it. As for the needles, if I were a campy sheik I would worry about losing the distance, but as it stands I'm not overly disappointed in that.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I don't think this will be horrible, at least not as it appears right now. Fair seems to still have its awesome hitbox, and Needles still cover half of FD (I can only test on 3DS right now; correct me if I'm wrong. This doesn't feel like a Weegee nerf; worst case, we'll just not be #1 any more.

I am surprised that Bayonetta doesn't seem to have been touched at all. She has combos that no other character can rival, such as her nasty 0-to-deaths and WT followups. Maybe we just haven't found them yet, but she should be hit for balance's sake.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
I don't think this will be horrible, at least not as it appears right now. Fair seems to still have its awesome hitbox, and Needles still cover half of FD (I can only test on 3DS right now; correct me if I'm wrong. This doesn't feel like a Weegee nerf; worst case, we'll just not be #1 any more.

I am surprised that Bayonetta doesn't seem to have been touched at all. She has combos that no other character can rival, such as her nasty 0-to-deaths and WT followups. Maybe we just haven't found them yet, but she should be hit for balance's sake.
I highly doubt that they would nerf most of Corrin's kit + movement speed and leave Bayo untouched. They can't be that dumb.

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad they nerfed her throws lol that was the one thing I thought needed to change.

I still think she is the best character in the game,she still has a good neutral,and frame data soooooo. But that's just my opinion,I don't think it's drastic,she's no longer top twit stuff,just makes it a little bit more manageable for other characters against her.

Also I wanted to ask How much can you di forward throw? With out DI it true combos into up air at ko percent but if you can DI it well,you know.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
"good nootril best chaacter in the game xd"

like yeah, she has a good neutral.. but can a good neutral kill? not really

saying she's the best just cuz she still has a good neutral is dumb imo. anyway we'll have to wait and see how stuff unfolds anyway, still too early to call anything.

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice
I highly doubt that they would nerf most of Corrin's kit + movement speed and leave Bayo untouched. They can't be that dumb.
Yes they can,and if they didn't touch bayonetta WHO IS CLEARLY BETTER AND MORE COMPLAINED ABOUT THAN CORRIN I will literally rage and be salty forever

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
also apparently sheik's weight is nerfed. 84 > 81. this is actually a considerable amount.

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice
"good nootril best chaacter in the game xd"

like yeah, she has a good neutral.. but can a good neutral kill? not really

saying she's the best just cuz she still has a good neutral is dumb imo. anyway we'll have to wait and see how stuff unfolds anyway, still too early to call anything.
Lol yeah I just didn't want to make the post longer with a explanation lol

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad they nerfed her throws lol that was the one thing I thought needed to change.

I still think she is the best character in the game,she still has a good neutral,and frame data soooooo. But that's just my opinion,I don't think it's drastic,she's no longer top twit stuff,just makes it a little bit more manageable for other characters against her.

Also I wanted to ask How much can you di forward throw? With out DI it true combos into up air at ko percent but if you can DI it well,you know.
If I had to guess (haven't updated my game): If they DI away from fthrow at kill % percents then they are completely safe, could maybe turn into a 50/50 with BF (lol) but they will definitely be out of uair / fair range. If they DI inward from fthrow then you can uair now, but they don't have a reason to do this. Dthrow is much worse now, as long as they DI away then they can pretty much escape from any 50/50 at kill %.

Best case scenario, fair turns into a new 50/50 where it can lead into BF if they don't air dodge. This was already a mixup before, but it should work better now.

Huge nerf though. There is no bright side to this. Fthrow can combo into BF later thanks to KB decrease, but killing will be even harder now. This is why Pikachu isn't the best despite amazing frame data.

also apparently sheik's weight is nerfed. 84 > 81. this is actually a considerable amount.
Nullifies ZSS nerf + Bayo can true combo into uair with any number of setups for early kills. Cloud's fsmash likely kills at ****ing 35-40% now. Also ironically kinda buffs Sheik vs herself.

Last edited:

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
...losing 4 total units of weight in these last two patches is actually a problem. There's no work around for that.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
...losing 4 total units of weight in these last two patches is actually a problem. There's no work around for that.
Also pretty ****ing stupid considering this is a direct nerf to Zelda, arguably the worst character in the game.

Unless they didn't also reduce Zelda's weight this time, which would make even less sense.

Last edited:

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice
It wrong that I want to play Shiek more now that she was nerfed(i only play her on and off as a pocket) also after actually thinking about it I take back my statement from before about her still being the best,but she is still top tier in my opinion. But time will tell if I'm wrong (*insert bayonetta is now best character in the game comment here*)

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Also pretty ****ing stupid considering this is a direct nerf to Zelda, arguably the worst character in the game.

Unless they didn't also reduce Zelda's weight this time, which would make even less sense.
Zelda's weight is unchanged I think

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Zelda's weight is unchanged I think
Oh well, I'm not too concerned about the weight. ZSS, Cloud, and MK got nerfed, Ryu already killed us at like 2%. It will be annoying with Rosa since she apparently is untouched. But the weight nerf is largely canceled out with other top tier nerfs.

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice
Oh well, I'm not too concerned about the weight. ZSS, Cloud, and MK got nerfed, Ryu already killed us at like 2%. It will be annoying with Rosa since she apparently is untouched. But the weight nerf is largely canceled out with other top tier nerfs.
That is stupid lol,how the hell has rosalina NEVER been nerfed(exept for Luna respond time) and sheik has now had everything(almost) nerfed eventually

F-air,up-air,back-air,needles,bouncing-fish,f-throw,d-throw And her weight have all been nerfed threw out patches,to the point she doesn't ko before like 150%.....and rosalina hasn't been touched lol

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
That is stupid lol,how the hell has rosalina NEVER been nerfed(exept for Luna respond time) and sheik has now had everything(almost) nerfed eventually

F-air,up-air,back-air,needles,bouncing-fish,f-throw,d-throw And her weight have all been nerfed threw out patches,to the point she doesn't ko before like 150%.....and rosalina hasn't been touched lol
Rosa never gets nerfed because Dabuz never wins any majors. (Only half kidding.)

Sheik's whole kit has been nerfed like 3 times over, I think fair in particular has been significantly hit 4 times now. It would be really odd going back and playing day 1 Sheik. She's now just a shell of her former self.

Let's hope she doesn't get a 4th big round of nerfs.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Rosa never gets nerfed because Dabuz never wins any majors. (Only half kidding.)

Sheik's whole kit has been nerfed like 3 times over, I think fair in particular has been significantly hit 4 times now. It would be really odd going back and playing day 1 Sheik. She's now just a shell of her former self.

Let's hope she doesn't get a 4th big round of nerfs.
yeah lmao, look at sheik's update history... its so sad ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom