• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.1.4 Potentially Game Breaking/Competitively Harmful Glitches

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Pretty sure the leg positioning is purely an aesthetics decision, and the occasional missed grabs require a number of specific qualities that makes it feel not intentional: starting with the fact it has to be backwards, grab low, and be very close to her.
Not only top tiers, and not even a majority of the top tiers are affected.

Something interesting is that I have not seen this "issue" at any important match, and we've got A WHOLE LOT of Bayonetta exposure recently.
:196:
Actually, although you whiffing your dash grab against a Bayonetta that's both shielding and has her back against you is ridiculously situational, it can still happen.
This Saturday, my friend was using Bayonetta against his older brother with his Luigi, and that actually happened.
I didn't even know Luigi could miss his grab against Bayo like that, apparently it can. Maybe it's not as situational as we think it is. (It was the only time it happened the entire day, though)

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace

Fix this.
Something kinda similar happens with Shulk's Ftilt. When I placed Shulk at a distance just close enough to hit with the sourspot of Ftilt, I'd hit the bottom pillar of Luigi's Mansion right? Yet the more times I input Ftilt I barely scoot backwards & whiff, & then I'd hit it again maybe once or twice & then I whiff more. I don't get it. .

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Would this make a big impact in doubles?

I feel like there needs to be some testing on who/what can trigger the glitch (only disjointed attacks? Or maybe not?) and if other characters can be frozen. It seems like at times MK was frozen for longer, so maybe the duration depends on how long the projectile was charged? Dunno, but I'll probably test things out later when I have the time. Looks simple enough to replicate anyway.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It doesn't look too big of an issue, he stops for few frames before being launched anyway, it's not like those Brawl/Melee glitches where the opponent froze in place indefinitely.

But Corrin DOES have a lot of glitches/abuses with both Dragon Fang and Dragon Lunge.
:196:

Top Bottom