• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.1.0 Lucario changes

Slythe

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ixtalis
3DS FC
3222-6332-1769
Last edited:

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
I was just about to post that. But yeah, Lucario is untouched...even though he could use some buffs. At least we don't get infinited by Fox anymore.

A-A-Ron

Smash Rookie
NNID
A-A-Ron-Coleman
3DS FC
1736-1976-7189
I was really hoping for a fair landing lag decrease. That or a force palm cool down decrease.

Solaris_Noid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koga_Noid
3DS FC
0619-3734-0827
Switch FC
1232-9460-2152
Well, no changes are better than bad ones. He's still solid, but I have to wonder if Sakurai even looks at him when he does balancing.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I honestly think Lucario is fine as is~

but true. Trying to balance a character that changes so drastically over the course of a match would be a nightmare!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Lucario got no changes.

And I am content with this.

I was just about to post that. But yeah, Lucario is untouched...even though he could use some buffs. At least we don't get infinited by Fox anymore.
This is huge for use in this mu though.

Last edited:

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
It turned our bad matchup into an even or decent matchup for us now. I'm sure many other characters feel the same way if they got stuck in the jab infinite stuff.

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
So 3 things not covered by the dumps so far is:

1: Landing lag
2: Endlag on moves
3: Projectiles

1&3 I've tested and they seem exactly the same as previous, however it feels as though FP has slightly less endlag to it.

Probably placebo and unfortunately the only way is to record at 60fps.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Personally, Lucario is one of those characters no one ever really looks at, and in my opinion, that works out all the better for us. Lucario could be the most god-broken, Brawl Meta Knight kinda character, and no one would ever notice--or even care, apart from us! Everyone's always saying how Captain Falcon needs a nerf, how Sheik needs a nerf, how Rosalina needs a nerf, and how Ness needs a nerf, and I'm just sitting over here rubbing my little Lucario paws together like "Go on, Sakurai, do it..." Lucario has only ever gotten one minor balance patch, and that was in 1.0.6, when they decreased the travel distance of Extremespeed by about 15%. #Lucario4GTier

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
This truly great for us! The jab thing was the main reason I avoided that match up. Jackals vs Foxes is a go!

It would have been nice if they fixed the RCO lag triggers on ES that they didn't fix before, but those almost never come up so I'm fairly content with this overall.

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
I think the RCO was fixed quite a while ago in one of the minor patches unless you mean the god-awful landing lag you from not landing properly.

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
I think the RCO was fixed quite a while ago in one of the minor patches unless you mean the god-awful landing lag you from not landing properly.
They fixed RCO lag triggered by landing with ES. They did not fix RCO lag triggered by: Wall clinging with ES and then landing without grabbing the ledge, or being hit out of ES (or maybe it only counts after entering free fall) and landing with grabbing the ledge. Both situations are rare, but the latter has occurred to me on occasion.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
What I would give to have Double Team to become unblockable. We pretty much have the only counter in the game that can be blocked. Or would that make Lucario too good?

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
What I would give to have Double Team to become unblockable. We pretty much have the only counter in the game that can be blocked. Or would that make Lucario too good?
Greninja's can also be blocked. It's probably a trade off for Luca being able to dash kick people from across the stage :p

Slythe

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ixtalis
3DS FC
3222-6332-1769
Our counter has some interesting invulnerability frames that other counters don't have.
I've been rewarded a few times with a poorly timed counter against Pit's side-B, where I dropped it too early to connect with his attack but he still passed through me without connecting.. and my endlag was short enough that I could punish him. Definitely doesn't happen when I make the same mistake as Shulk or Marth. But maybe that's a quirk of Pit's side-B.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Absolutely no changes. Lucario is considered balanced yet again..for now.

Last edited:

First Man Down

Smash Rookie
Not gonna lie, with the way some people complain about Lucario I was expecting at least some small changes. I guess Nintendo knows where it's at.

Steam

Smash Hero
Lucario will never see buffs no matter what so its just good to avoid the nerf bat. Hopefully Nintendo mans up with the need soon

Empire~

s a d b o y s
I would be glad to see another jab buff - not % as such but rather just faster frame data and linking

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just give the jab cancel and make everyone happy/sad

Last edited:
Top Bottom