• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.0.5 Patch Update (Ganon)

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
There were a few bug fixes and an amiibo update.

Some people are reporting a few balance changes, Falco's blasters being faster for example.

Let's use this thread to discuss and see if Ganon got any updates.

http://smashboards.com/threads/patch-1-05-analysis.390646/page-2

Needs confirming: Ganondorf's Flame Chain slides him incredibly far on the ground.

Ganondorf's Dark Fists don't lift him as high anymore.

Ganondorf's Dark Vault has more horizontal distance.

Ganondorf's Warlock Thrust can KO now, not having any set knockback.

^ Copied from the thread above.

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
There were a few bug fixes and an amiibo update.

Some people are reporting a few balance changes, Falco's blasters being faster for example.

Let's use this thread to discuss and see if Ganon got any updates.

http://smashboards.com/threads/patch-1-05-analysis.390646/page-2

Needs confirming: Ganondorf's Flame Chain slides him incredibly far on the ground.
It slides the same distance as in 1.0.4
Feels like the same height
This one might be true, i'm not sure but it felt like it got a bit more distance
Still doesn't KO, tested at about 180% & it didn't KO from the edge

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

I shall try those once I get home from school.
Because why not. :4ganondorf:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ganondorf's Flame Chain slides him incredibly far on the ground.
I'm not sure how "incredibly far" is exactly, but he does slide around like he's on ice.
Again, since i don't usually play Ganon, I have no idea what the norm was, but he jumps about 2-Sandbags-High when used on the ground.
Can't exactly confirm.
It seems like he has fixed knockback on this.
Doesn't really seem to scale.

And there are my findings. :luigimelee:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

-
Flame Chain can reach dead center of FD from the edge. Smash 3DS Patch 1.05
- Flame Chain reaches just as far on the unpatched Wii U.

-
Standing in the middle of Battlefield and using Dark Fists to reach the highest platform, Ganon has just enough verticality to land on the platform. Smash 3DS.
- Likewise on the unpatched Wii U.

-
Going to the left edge of FD and pushing right immediately after inputting Dark Vault and until landing. Ganon lands with his back foot standing on the apex of the furthest out blue arrow shape on the stage surface. Smash 3DS.
- Same thing on the Wii U.

-
Warlock Thrust against another Ganon of equal percent. Setting the Ganon's facing each other with fists nearly touching in idle and the computer Ganon standing at default position on FD. Warlock Thrust first kills at 232% Same set up, Reverse Warlock Thrust first kills at 194%. (Disclaimer: 3DS FD has further out blast zones!)
-
Same set up as on 3DS for Wii U. Warlock Thrust first kills at 194%. Reverse Warlock first kills at 161%. (Disclaimer: 3DS FD has further out blast zones!)
- Hard to say what's different if anything here seeing as I'm working with different sized stages between the 3DS and WiiU. All moves kill sooner on Wii U FD than 3DS as evidence. Using the same default setting, charged Fsmash first kills at 35% on Wii U's FD, but only first kills at 40% on the 3DS's FD.

Conclusion: As expected, nothing's changed.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Do we still have the F-air special attack autocancel out of fullhop?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Do we still have the F-air special attack autocancel out of fullhop?
Mind explaining what this is exactly? I feel like I might remember what you're talking about, but can't really test if I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing? Might be better if someone who knows what you're talking about better tests this instead since they'd know what to look for. Do you not have 3DS and WiiU Smash to compare yourself?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
No 3ds here. Basically you can buffer a full hop Fair and cancel the landing lag with a buffered special move. This is something I expect to be patched in the near future, most likely with a proper autocancel.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Hmm, I'll check it out.

Okay, got it on the Wii U. I used the c-stick at first since it was easier, but I got it with A too. You can basically input the c-stick at the same time as your jump to do it, but the A input seems like it needs to come after the jump input by a fraction to make it work. But then it's fairly simple to buffer the special with your landing. Pretty noticeable. Now to see if I can do it on the 3DS.

And tested! Worked beautifully. It was actually easier to input on the 3DS.

Last edited:

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
I already confirmed these changes as FALSE in the patch thread. The guy who made those claims had no clue wtf he was talking about.

* Flame Chain's always slid far as hell.
* Dark Fists and Dark Vault are unchanged.
* He claimed Warlock Thrust had set knockback, which we all know isn't true, it just has awful knockback scaling. Still does, kills later than jab like it always has.

Hmm, I'll check it out.

Okay, got it on the Wii U. I used the c-stick at first since it was easier, but I got it with A too. You can basically input the c-stick at the same time as your jump to do it, but the A input seems like it needs to come after the jump input by a fraction to make it work. But then it's fairly simple to buffer the special with your landing. Pretty noticeable. Now to see if I can do it on the 3DS.

And tested! Worked beautifully. It was actually easier to input on the 3DS.
Yeah, I've done it before. Given how limited it is, though, it's basically useless. What options does it even cover? Oh look, you can autocancel a fair but only if you use it at a range where it can't hit anything... if you can do it consistently, the only thing it does is announce to the world you're about to use a Flame Choke. Rather stick with nair, bair, and uair for throwing out hitboxes, and save fair for when I actually intend to fair someone. Even dair is easy to autocancel from a fullhop while still offering option coverage.

Speaking of updates on the 3DS, they finally did something I appreciate... when I go to single player Smash, it remembers my options now. Now instead of having to turn everything to stock, 8 min, team attack on, customs on, remove player 3, I can just click Smash and it remembers what I set it to last time. Thank you triforce.

Edit: never mind it forgot everything again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom