• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0RLy's mono-ghost team!

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Introduction

Minorities rule. There are very few Ghost types around so there isn't much of a variety to chose from. In fact, you can probably guess 4 out of the 6 Pokemon on my team. I chose Ghosts because they have only 2 weaknesses which should limit my foe's chances to land a super effective hit, making their move coverage close to worthless. Recurring resistances/immunities is also a small plus, limiting my foe's coverage even further. This will revolve around the strategy of defeating my foe's Ghost counter, and then sweeping the rest of their team. Now that the intro has been covered, lets move onto the team:

At a Glance

In Depth

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Timid/Snow Cloak
252 Spe/252 SpA/4 HP
-Taunt
-Destiny Bond
-Spikes
-Icy Wind

Description: Suicide lead. Focus Sash leads are just too common nowadays because 2-turn set-ups is usually the only thing a lead needs. Froslass takes this to a whole new level: immunity to Fake Out. Now, nothing can ruin her strategy outside of being outspeeded. Her goal is to Taunt the foe to prevent sleep moves, entry hazards, and all that good stuff that other leads do. If I take an attack in the process, I can choose to Destiny Bond my foe to their doom if they're threatening. If they're not that threatening, I can cripple them with Icy Wind and bless my switch in one free turn to set-up. Icy Wind is superior to Thunder Wave for the fact that it cannot fail outside of inaccuracy. If I don't take damage or faint, I can set-up Spikes. I wish it was Stealth Rock, but Froslass can't learn it.

Gengar @ Expert Belt/Wise Glasses
Hasty/Levitate
252 Spe/64 Atk/192 SpA
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt/Icy Wind
-Substitute
-Focus Punch

Description: SubPAWNCHing Gengar. A Gengar with Substitute is scary enough to face. Everyone should know what Focus Punch is for. My main excuse to use Focus Punch over Focus Blast is accuracy issues. Expert Belt is there to improve the power of my moves without draining me of precious health. Because Life Orb+Substitute is just begging for suicide, and we all know begging=/=cool. I stole the EV spread off smogon; if there's a better one, let me know. I don't know whether to go with Thunderbolt or Icy Wind. T-bolt is nice to get super effective hits on a myriad of threats. Icy Wind is good for handling anything that may outspeed Gengar. So in the case that I sub on a DD from Salamence or if the rare Raikou switches in on my sub, I could Icy Wind to get them slower than me and add up some damage in the process. Then I could finish them off after they break my sub. I'm thinking of using Wise Glasses instead of Expert Belt, since I'm not getting many opportunities to land SE hits.

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Timid/Levitate
240 HP/216 Spe/52 SpA
-Will-O-Wisp
-Calm Mind
-Pain Split/HP (Fight)
-Shadow Ball

Description: My bulkymage who can dish and deal hits very effectively. HP EVs give me optimal leftovers recovery +1. The +1 is there so residual damage (if any) rounds down (correct me if I'm wrong). The speed lets me outrun all base 100s. I ignored Garchomp since he's uber now. WoW covers my weaker defense stat while Calm Mind boosts my already respectable special stats. Shadow Ball is there for obvious STAB. However, I can't decide between Pain Split and HP (Fight). Pain Split pros: allows me to Calm Mind much more than average. Pain Split cons: doesn't mix well with WoW since my foe's HP is dropping, giving me less HP in return, but only if the foe is burned. HP (Fight) pros: gives me perfect coverage. HP (Fight) cons: it doesn't restore my health, meaning less Calm Minds and less power to back it.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Quiet/Pressure
252 HP/240 SpA/16 Def
-Hypnosis
-Nasty Plot
-Shadow Ball
-HP (Fight)

Description: This set does what Mismagius wish she could do, but can't. Spiritomb here does exactly what you would expect the many Ninetales you've seen in previous RMTs do. The only difference is that the coverage is better, and that he won't be outspeeding anything. 240 SpA gives me my last bonus point. If you haven't noticed earlier, Spiritomb is Quiet natured. Confused? Don't be, you'll find out why pretty soon.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Brave/Pressure
232 HP/252 Atk/24 Def
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch
-Shadow Sneak
-Pain Split

Description: Dusknoir provides the much needed coverage on this team as well as the much needed priority move. If you haven't noticed already, this team has next to no type coverage (and if you didn't you should go buy some better reading skills at your local Wal-Mart). I could change the movesets around, but I believe STAB is more important anyways. Dusknoir has so many offensive moveset combinations, it's not even funny. Pain Split is important for any bulky Pokemon with low HP. I was wondering how Life Orb would work with Pain Split since Dusknoir still lacks power even wtih max attack. 232 HP gets max Leftovers recovery +1.

Banette @ Focus Sash
Brave/Frisk
252 Atk/0 spe IV
-Trick Room
-Taunt
-Destiny Bond
-Knock Off/Curse

Description: My random support Pokemon. Banette helps me get rid of those threats I accidently let set-up or at least force them to switch. Trick Room lets me outspeed everything, even -6 spe, 2IV Bronzong. Trick Room lets Dusknoir and Spiritomb perform better than they normally would. Taunt forces my foe to attack me, either forcing a switch to rack up residual damage or take the Destiny Bond. Knock Off is there just for filler. It might get some use in sooner or later, but I can't think of a good situation. Curse is the other option. Lets say my foe is switching like crazy to avoid the incoming Destiny Bond until Trick Room runs out (taking Spikes damage in the process). If for whatever reason I choose to end their (and my) misery sooner, I can use Curse to commit suicide, remove a chunk of my foe's HP and hopefully force a switch and set-up NPtomb. I'm thinking of whether it would be better to use Banette at Lvl 37 or not. At level 100, I could deal more than 1 damage and maybe replace Knock Off with Shadow Claw for whatever reason I should feel the need to attack. Also, at Lvl 100, I can choose whether to use TR or not if the case that I outspeed my foe ever arises.

Closing

This team is for fun, so a serious rate isn't required. Just drop a comment to let me know you read my team.:bee:

zrky

Smash Lol'd
where do you get the pictures, their cool, and yay bannet with destiny bond, can bannette learn scary face?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
You might as well just go with Lvl 37 Banette rather than a Lvl 1 Shuppet. With 0 Defensive EV's/IV's your still basically guaranteed to activate focus sash, and a NFE pokemon almost always gives away that your planning something(With shuppet its usually trick room >_>) At least with Banette you can try to catch your foe off guard.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Oh, I see how it is...

I guess my teams just aren't special anymore.

Fine.

Be that way...

But seriously, good-looking team 0Rly. Needs more Rotom action though...

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Rotom isn't all that special... His stats are subpar and can't be boosted. Once you get in there, all you get to do is cripple... then die. My other ghosts here can stat-up/cripple, and proceed to sweep. The only thing that sucks is coverage, and inability to switch to a counter. There needs to be a ghost spinner...

JUST KIDDING! My froslass lead is sooooo good, ZERO teams have been able to set-up on me. I haven't seen Aerodactyl yet.

Top Bottom