• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

?/?/07 Smashers Unite 2, Come Get Smashed!!!

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Tournament has been cancelled to find a better venue and to accomidate other tournaments..... We will reschedual as soon as possible keep a look out. All info under this bulletin is not valid besides the rules that will take place. I am currently looking into the Korean church my girl and I go to for a bigger spot and fund rasing for them. Thank you everyone for cooperating with all of the changes and problems North Florida has been dealing with. Hope to see everyone once we get a good date worked out.

~~~Finally North Florida has found a good tournament site!!!~~~

---KEEP IN MIND INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE SOO I WILL KEEP THIS SITE UPDATED AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE FOR EVERYONE'S QUESTIONS---

AUGUST 4TH FROM 11:00 a.m. until finished

This tournament will be held at ALADDIN'S CASTLE ACRCADE. This location chage has been brought to the fact that play n trade told me no cash prizes after leading me on a little bit telling me cash and such. No john's tho. Anyways, This set-up will be just as good as the play n trade store with a food court near by. =]

TABLE OF CONTENTS​

A. place​
B. housing​
C. entry fees​
D. tourney format​
E. rules​
F. schedual​
G. food options​
H. attendance list​

A.

PLACE:

We have a new location from last time that is ten times better and more catering to our needs as smashers. The address is below. You can also visit their website and get directions from this link.

300 Mary Esther Blvd. Suite 112
Ft Walton Beach
Florida

Once you get to the mall itself drive around to the left side of it Until you see a JC Penny's sign and a Dillard's Sign. Between those two signs there is an entrance with Hibbet Sprts Sign. This is the entrance you want. Go right inside and you can't miss the arcade.

If you need help finding the place at all or getting good mapquest directions give me a call (850) 699 0669 my name is John.

B.
HOUSING:
There shouldn't be much housing need for this because of the time the tournament is at. I for see a good plan is to arrive sometime during the day and smash with our crew until time for the tournament. So I could see one night of housing maybe. Just tell me and I will put your name on the list. Housing is limited so first come first serve basis. Once you are on the list we will PM you the address and try to help you with directions.

RAM's House:
Can fit up to 10 or so people comfortably, but it is up to him and his mom on that call. I will get him to inform me asap on this.

ALOT OF HOTELS

:( sorry guys housing is hard for us because of parents being weary of strangers :(

I will talk to rook, rice, and my parents about housing also.
we all might be able to pull off 1 or 2 in our houses as they are friends ;)

Anyway this shouldn't be needed.... but if it comes to it I will try my hardest to deliver.

C.
ENTRY FEES:

singles: $15 (not sure yet)
65/25/10 pot split

doubles: $20 per team ($10 per person)
65/25/10 pot split

door fee: $5

D.
TOURNEY FORMAT:
singles and doubles:

-Double elimination

-Separated by location (to the best of my ability)

-Pools shoudn't be needed unless I feel we have time and we use it to seed everyone better in the bracket. I feel this being any where from a 30 to a 50 person tournament.

other possibilities:

LOW TIER - From Link down on the tier list with the same format for Singles.

RANDOM CHAR - At the start of the set random select 2 times. You can only use those 2 charecters for the whole 2 out of 3 match.

ITEMS - We will have a raffle box of items and each round 6 will be chozen and put on medium. (no healing items or party balls in the raffle)

FREE FOR ALL - Just as the game was made for party style. One round 5 stock top 2 people advance.

E.
GENERAL RULES:

-4 stock
-8 minute time limit
-first to 2 wins advances
-double elimination
-ties broken by %
-items off
-First stage random or agreed upon
-Slob picks (loser picks next rounds stage)
-Dave's stupid rule can be called at any time
-Double blind pick can be called at any time
-Team attack will be on
-life stealing is allowed
-BYOC (bring your own controller)
-All stalling tactics and glitches banned (i.e. ice climbers freeze glitch, jigglypuff's rising pound, peach's wallbombing, etc.....)
-I am also going with the new trend and BANNING WOBBLING

singles random stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium.

singles legal counter pick stages: Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, Mute City, Poke Floats, DK64

doubles random stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Donkey Kong 64.

doubles legal counter pick stages: Termina Bay, Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, Pokefloats, MK2.

IF YOU ARE LEAVING FOR ANY REASON AND WILL BE BACK AT ALL COME TELL ME, RAM, OR ANY MEMBER OF MY CREW PRESENT AND WE WILL MAKE SURE WE WON'T FORFIET YOUR NEXT ROUND

F.
SCHEDUAL:

-11:00am start warm ups and sign in (both doubles and singles)
-11:45am last call for sign ups
-12:00pm start doubles
-3:15pm food break singles warm ups and MM's
-4:00pm start singles
-after doubles if time permits we can low tier or random.

G.
FOOD OPTIONS:
All the locations below are on the same main road as the mall.
-wendeys
-mcdonalds
-burger king
-lenny's
-krystal's
-cici's Pizza
-sonic
-yard birds
-back yard burger
-tons of restaurants and steak houses

Also in the food court in the mall.
-sabarros
-chic fil a
-great steak
-ming tree
-sarku japan
-crackers
-I forget the rest

ATTENDANCE LIST:

WE NEED AROUND 10 MORE CUBES OR WII'S AND COPIES OF SMASH FOR THIS EVENT TO RUN FASTEST AS POSSIBLE PLEASE CONTRIBUTE

Drumma_boi- 1 cube w/smash 1 wii w/o smash
Ram- 1 cube w/smash
Rice- 1 cube w/smash
Rook- 1 wii w/smash
Boomstick- aka BAMF!
Mankosuki?
Rohins?
Exarch?
Derf?
Pritch
xYz?
ColBol?
The Noob Testament?
Sudai?
Eet?
Taylor?
Cyphus?
Lee?
Jon Wu?
Ricky?
Ray?
yamigarasu
buttram2006
Atomic Punk +4 (MentholMike) GPC FTW!!!

My cell number is (850) 699 0669 and I can be called at anytime with anyones problems or questions.

HOPE WE CAN MAKE THIS A GREAT TOURNAMENT!!!! THANKS TO EVERYONE IN ADVANCE!!!

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
wtf? tourney on a Tuesday night? I know it's summer and all, but damm!

doubt I'd be there. :(

XxXSeXySmAsHeRXxX

Smash Cadet
YAAAAAAYY!!!!!
Sooo since we are having another tourny i am going to ask the store president if he will allow me to hold a bake sell for all you guys. If you are interested that is. If all goes well i plan on having brownies, cupcakes, and cookies. I have to ask the store first so dont expect it:chuckle:
Jessi:)

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
any big names from central/south fl going to this? or just anyone outside of the panhandlers? not that you guys arent awesome im just trying to get la's names out there a little bit. if anyone commits to this ill def. consider going.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
also taylor I can't promise anyone yet you saw the attendance list.... this thread has only been up not even a day soo hopefully a good bit of Georgia Loisiana Central Florida and maybe even Mississippi will show interest if we r all lucky and itll be a decently sized tournament. Thank you for the interest taylor hope it works out and you end up coming.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
It's about d*mn time that you guys CAME TO A DECISION, THANK GOD!! anyways you me, Mr.p and Suicide Dolls are coming and I'm going to see if James and Leeklye will come since the tourney is close to us. And I can bring a cube and a copy of smash.

p.s If everybody from my crew comes ,do you guys want to crew battle?

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
I accept this crew battle...... of course if my crew does also =]

Also, there has been some talk that if CFL is coming that there is a crew battle going down as well?? Interesting..... so CFL are you guys coming to crew battle or not?

Also, I am pretty set on putting this on the 11th of august if nobody is against that since it gives alabama and georgia another week after there tournament to come to ours

........but all of this maybe info will come to a definate conclusion monday (according to the playntrade prez that i talked to yesterday) so everyone will know for sure..... including me.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Sorry for double post but I just wanted to put this in both of the threads.

Ok there has been a permanent date change to the 11th of august to compensate other tournaments going on. Also the time of this tournament is still in the making. The store says the more people that are for shure to come..... (that don't have question marks by their names).......... the better they can give us a time frame. Also, we need peoples opinions on this as soon as possible about the tournament starting at 5 or maybe even at noon earlier in the day. This all depends on what everyone coming to this wants.

There have also been tons of locals calling about this thing (according to the store) soo that is alot of pot filler. Just to give everyone a heads up on this with proof I have seen... the first thing unlocked after puff and luigi on the store's memory card data was mewtwo.... WTF?!?!?! they had been open less than a week and people had already been playing multiplayer for that long. well I gave them my memory card data today soo they have everything.

Sooo I need everyone's input on this tournament to make it the best possible tournament.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
well take things like this to PM's to keep smash boards as organized as possible. now a days tho we take it to ram's house instead of tbs comics. I'll hit you up on PM tho

Buttram2006

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I should be coming to this and my brother may come as well. We live in Ohio, but we will actually be on vacation in Florida from the 4th to the 12th. So I'll definitely be coming to this. Can't wait, and I hope there are a lot of people.

yamigarasu

Smash Cadet
I'm really looking forward to playing everyone.My first real tournament.
And....RAM..you're name is Ryan?And...you use Luigi???
I think I have played you before at TBS Comics....Last year sometime...when I didn't know what advanced techniques were.I entered a small Smash tourney there and got ***** by your Luigi.If this is really you,then you used to wear a red and yellow cap all the time..and you're age matches what you told me before.I'm honored to be graced with your prescence,sir.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
so yeah i want some cfl ppl to come to this. they do nothing but **** talk la on the fc7 south region team thread. but ltec or w/e is like 9 hours away... this is like a happy medium for all. cfl show up to prove yourselves.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
SEFL are the ones **** talking and I doubt they'd show up. NFL is about 10 hours for them. Hopefully we'll see CFL though.

RAM

Smash Lord
I'm really looking forward to playing everyone.My first real tournament.
And....RAM..you're name is Ryan?And...you use Luigi???
I think I have played you before at TBS Comics....Last year sometime...when I didn't know what advanced techniques were.I entered a small Smash tourney there and got ***** by your Luigi.If this is really you,then you used to wear a red and yellow cap all the time..and you're age matches what you told me before.I'm honored to be graced with your prescence,sir.
I Played at TBS a bunch but I don't even own a Yellow and Red hat!!! but it will be cool to play you some more.

My good buddy Menthol is making this!! things are looking up.

LA should come. but CFL don't talk crap they are too cool.

Buttram2006

Smash Cadet
Yeah our team name (my brother and I) was Team RAM brothers at our first smash tourney a few years. It was pretty funny, cuz my name looks like Butt_Ram. Anyway, sounds fun.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Bad news guys, looks like I won't be able to make this after all, since I'll be up north in boston and maine from august 8th through the 21st. Family reunion with relatives I haven't seen in years unfortunately trumps a smash tournament, especially when my aunt is paying for plane tickets. Gl at the tournament though.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Actually Ram has to be the best man in his cousins wedding (which he found out yesterday) and for some reason it is the same day as our tournament !!!! wtf lol

anyways we will be having a date change but sorry pritch I dont think you will make this date we are thinking of either. Which is August 18th.

Well thanks for the update pritch you will be missed bro. but have a good trip anyways.

Buttram2006

Smash Cadet
Yeah I know you guys had to change the date cuz I was comin for first. Since you guys are having it the 4th I don't think I'll be able to come. That is the day that we are leaving...driving from Ohio to Florida, and it's a good 13 hour drive to where you are...

Okay now I'm getting some ideas. Maybe my brother and I could drive up the day b4...but idk we aren't supposed to check in until the 5th. I guess we'll see what happens.

Top Bottom