• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Last edited:

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if this is a hot take or anything, but Grunkle Ford was 100% in the wrong in terms of who was truly at fault between the brothers. Sure, Stanley ruined his science project which got him rejected from college, but Ford's arrogance is what caused everything in Gravity Falls to go wrong. Dude wasn't able to see that Stanley brought him back because he truly loved him.

Also, Stanley's intelligence shouldn't be underestimated. Dude successfully rebuilt the portal from scratch, and was able to maintain a coverup for so many years.
Yeah, while Stanley is undoubtedly rough around the edges and has more than his fair share of screw-ups, you seriously can't fault him for the genuine love and effort he put into crafting that portal piece-by-piece for YEARS, just for the slightest chance of seeing his brother again. And what does he get when he finally reunites with his long-lost twin?

A six-fingered punch to the face.

Screenshot_20200923-190027.png

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm not sure if this is a hot take or anything, but Grunkle Ford was 100% in the wrong in terms of who was truly at fault between the brothers. Sure, Stanley ruined his science project which got him rejected from college, but Ford's arrogance is what caused everything in Gravity Falls to go wrong. Dude wasn't able to see that Stanley brought him back because he truly loved him.

Also, Stanley's intelligence shouldn't be underestimated. Dude successfully rebuilt the portal from scratch, and was able to maintain a coverup for so many years.
I think the message though is that neither of them were willing to swallow their pride and apologize to the other. Both of them wanted to hear the other apologize and make up, but neither wanted to be the one to do it. It was still really wrong for Ford not to acknowledge or appreciate all the years of effort Stan put into saving him though.

That said, I believe the show's creator has gone out and said that Stan and Ford are identical twins. That means they're almost entirely genetically identical. The only reason Stan thinks he's dumber then Ford is because that's what he's been told his entire life.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
And Guh is a child and I don't want him to talk about those ****y yucky things. ;(
Excuse me, I am responsible for countless war crimes, I can handle those ****y yucky things.

All those war crimes were against Minecraft villagers of course

D

Deleted member

“From the dark you did rise, and into the dark you shall fall”
05E2433A-9D4D-4DBA-BEE7-8056D22F8B95.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Man my internet does not wanna work right now. Taking forever to even load this page

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
**** me. The second wave is already underway here in some parts of Canada. -_-

Vaccine please hurry up soon.

Expect me to stay home more often again.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
What would be a good name for a great white shark?

Asking for a friend.
  • Slab Bulkhead
  • Bridge Largemeat
  • Punt Speedchunk
  • Butch Deadlift
  • Hold Bigflank
  • Splint Chesthair
  • Flint Ironstag
  • Bolt Vanderhuge
  • Thick McRunfast
  • Blast Hardcheese
  • Buff Drinklots