• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Okay. I am really surprised that SpongeBob jumped on the N. Sane/Reignited bandwagon before almost everyone else. Where's The Ape Escape Recaptured Trilogy? Where's Banjo-Redooie? Where's Conker's Even More Bad Fur Day? What about the Rayman Re-Swung Trilogy? Or the Gex HD Blu-Ray Trilogy? How about The Legend of Croc collection? Jak Powered-Up? Ratchet and Clank Bright and Shiny Trilogy? Sly Cooper Master Thief Collection? Klonoa's Lucid Dreamers Collection? I didn't expect all of them, but I expected like... one or two of them. Let's hope they all show up on next Gen.
These are pretty clever titles. However, I doubt most of these are happening, as the devs just simply left many of those franchises to die.

I can see Ratchet and Clank remakes though.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Really off topic and definitely going to get buried buy hey why not. Proves how born I can be.

I spent the past hour reading British Visa requirements for traveling.

**** me. It's too much.

I swear it's too complex. And I looked at an Irish Passport (which I can get both) and there's like two countries difference.
They really had to make travelling annoying as possible didn't they.

It'd be great fun to do some social experiments with it though!

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
These are pretty clever titles. However, I doubt most of these are happening, as the devs just simply left many of those franchises to die.

I don't see Ratchet and Clank remakes happening unless it's just more ports. We already got the HD Trilogy on PS3 and a re-imagining of the original for PS4. Heck, Insomniac didn't even handle the HD ports themselves and their response to going back to old games has basically been that they'd rather focus on new ones.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Could have said the same thing about Crash and Spyro. And yet...

Money talks after all and there's now a proven model that shows it's not just a fluke.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I was really hoping Nintendo would have at least made some improvement on online play for Ultimate, especially with this latest patch, but no, it's as cruddy and laggy as ever. Seriously, I dare Nintendo to play Ultimate online-but they'll insist there's nothing wrong. Ultimate has been out since Dec 2018., and we'll just have to concede, Nintendo will never fix Ultimate's online play. And furthermore, I had to transfer my Smash Ultimate data from my old Switch to a replacement, and it turned out my first fighter pass data was not transferred along, and I cannot buy it again. But then again, given all that's going on in the world, thee issues are minimal.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm also looking at a manager promotion at my part-time job, which is inconvenient timing since I'm nearing the end of my seasonal time there until literally next year lol. At least I know I'm apparently good for the job.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Could have said the same thing about Crash and Spyro. And yet...

Money talks after all and there's now a proven model that shows it's not just a fluke.
Don't give up hope, but Sony's betting all on interactive movies. That's why doubt we'de getting remakes of cartoony games.

Ape Escape and Sly deserve better though.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Don't give up hope, but Sony's betting all on interactive movies. That's why doubt we'de getting remakes of cartoony games.

LittleBigPlanet and AstroBot are continuing to exist. I think it just depends on what Sony'd developers want to do.

Naughty Dog has pretty much said they'll never games like Jak and Daxter again but then Insomniac feels Ratchet and Clank is what they do best. Sucker Punch seems to have moved on from Sly but at least Sly 4 came to exist through someone else. It seemed kind of like a miracle to exist but maybe fans can get lucky twice.

Don't know what happened to Ape Escape. There was hope when that twitter account opened up but nothing sprung from that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I mean... Ratchet and Clank.....

Wish Sony would see that they're setting themselves up to be the Xbox One of this generation and prevent it.

I mean, if they farm them out to other studios it's basically a no risk all reward situation... right?

Sighs. Now you've got me thinking about how they ruined God of War and I'm sad.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
LittleBigPlanet and AstroBot are continuing to exist. I think it just depends on what Sony'd developers want to do.

Naughty Dog has pretty much said they'll never games like Jak and Daxter again but then Insomniac feels Ratchet and Clank is what they do best. Sucker Punch seems to have moved on from Sly but at least Sly 4 came to exist through someone else. It seemed kind of like a miracle to exist but maybe fans can get lucky twice.

Don't know what happened to Ape Escape. There was hope when that twitter account opened up but nothing sprung from that.
Sly has been done dirty by Sony countless times. No Sly 5 in sight even though Sly 4 ended on a cliffhanger, the Sly Cooper movie got cancelled for a TV show that's still in limbo, said show was supposed to come out already.

Ape Escape's last claim to fame was a VR game. It failed, franchise is dead. Though, I think there was supposed to be a new anime, alongside Parappa, but who knows where that is.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just spent who knows how many thousands of coins on hundreds of "All Supports" board items and never once got Ring. The Ring Fit Adventures clearly are not in the cycle yet. Don't know why. But this sucks. I want to complete my collection again.
Sly has been done dirty by Sony countless times. No Sly 5 in sight even though Sly 4 ended on a cliffhanger, the Sly Cooper movie got cancelled for a TV show that's still in limbo, said show was supposed to come out already.

Ape Escape's last claim to fame was a VR game. It failed, franchise is dead. Though, I think there was supposed to be a new anime, alongside Parappa, but who knows where that is.
Crash was Dead. There is no death in video games.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Alright here's my not-so-hot take in regards to Min Min that's not quite formal enough for the CCI. She's not really that good.

Min Min has an awkward neutral. While a lot of her buttons are deceptively safe on block, they can be really unsafe on wiff with big blind spots, especially if you don't have the Ram Ram ready to punish jump ins. Her disadvantage is also terrible with horrible air mobility, poor landing options and an easily gimpable recovery that doesn't work well on a character with her air speed.

Her redeeming factor is her insane advantage state, as she can easily make swift work of an opponent who's backed into the corner and forced into a defensive position, and her dragon arm and Mega Watt give her incredible kill power.

The vibe I'm getting from her is really Ganondorf like. Really fun to play as, but not very good. Dare I say I think she might even be kind of bad. But hey, maybe dedicated Min Min players will end up proving me wrong.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I just spent who knows how many thousands of coins on hundreds of "All Supports" board items and never once got Ring. The Ring Fit Adventures clearly are not in the cycle yet. Don't know why. But this sucks. I want to complete my collection again.

No franchise is dead, but sometimes, you just gotta wonder if there's a future for it. Though, you still gotta have some hope, even if things aren't looking too hot.

Shroob

Sup?

There is if you run out of Continues, or if you run out of Quarters.

Ironically, "Running out of Quarters" would be a good analogy for a game series dying due to poor sales.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
After half a year I finally decided to change my avatar since JoJo hype train is back on for best villain.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No franchise is dead, but sometimes, you just gotta wonder if there's a future for it. Though, you still gotta have some hope, even if things aren't looking too hot.
Which is why if some of these franchises don't come back now... I'd be really scared. Like, if I owned a platforming cartoon mascot game franchise (or multiple ones) and saw the success of Crash, I'd greenlight a remake collection of it just to see if maybe I can copy that success. At the very least I'd sell copies from nostalgia. And if it doesn't sell well enough to warrant a sequel then I don't have to make more. On top of the fact that they would be remakes meaning way less design work would need to go in to it.
To also quote Arlo:

"Paper Mario"
To also quote Arlo
"Just give me one little Pikmin 4!"

Shroob

Sup?
Which is why if some of these franchises don't come back now... I'd be really scared. Like, if I owned a platforming cartoon mascot game franchise (or multiple ones) and saw the success of Crash, I'd greenlight a remake collection of it just to see if maybe I can copy that success. At the very least I'd sell copies from nostalgia. And if it doesn't sell well enough to warrant a sequel then I don't have to make more. On top of the fact that they would be remakes meaning way less design work would need to go in to it.

To also quote Arlo
"Just give me one little Pikmin 4!"
1593575562804.png

"Okay, here you go."

1593575586472.png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They fixed Lylat and Fountain of Dreams?

Holy ****
On God? Facts? Lore?

Post the sauce, cause I was playing Lylat last night and it felt as jank as ever.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Alright here's my not-so-hot take in regards to Min Min that's not quite formal enough for the CCI. She's not really that good.

Min Min has an awkward neutral. While a lot of her buttons are deceptively safe on block, they can be really unsafe on wiff with big blind spots, especially if you don't have the Ram Ram ready to punish jump ins. Her disadvantage is also terrible with horrible air mobility, poor landing options and an easily gimpable recovery that doesn't work well on a character with her air speed.

Her redeeming factor is her insane advantage state, as she can easily make swift work of an opponent who's backed into the corner and forced into a defensive position, and her dragon arm and Mega Watt give her incredible kill power.

The vibe I'm getting from her is really Ganondorf like. Really fun to play as, but not very good. Dare I say I think she might even be kind of bad. But hey, maybe dedicated Min Min players will end up proving me wrong.
Remember when Joker came out and everyone thought he was mid at best but ended up being in the upper echelons of the tier list.

Shroob

Sup?
Remember when Joker came out and everyone thought he was mid at best but ended up being in the upper echelons of the tier list.
I feel like the difference here is that she has a lot of end lag on her attacks.

Arsene makes Joker frankly unfair. I like Min Min, but I def don't see her being high tier.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I feel like the difference here is that she has a lot of end lag on her attacks.

Arsene makes Joker frankly unfair. I like Min Min, but I def don't see her being high tier.
True Arense really does make Joker feel unfair especially when its down to the wire and Joker suddenly gets Aresene the game is pretty much over after that.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If it counts for anything, I actually thought Joker was pretty good from day one. Great combos and mobility, plus the kill power of a heavy sometimes without the drawback of poor frame data.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I remember people saying Joker had shiek problems but then Aresene mitigated those problems so he is pretty much top tier in the right hands.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
They got Meowth in masters now:
May want to put that in a collapse tag given how large it is.

Team Rocket joining Masters seems to mostly be a tie-in to the upcoming Coco/Zarude movie. Shiny Celebi was also apart of the datamine, though only Jessie & Arbok will be joining as playable for now. Is cool they got the anime VAs to voice them.

Wouldn't be surprised if they re-run the event this fall when the release delay is over. Maybe we'll get James at that point?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom