• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

だれが日本語がわかっていますか:Japanese Discussion Board

VietGeek

Smash Hero
My point was more against English people who learn Japanese because they love video games or anime. Anyone who learns Mandarin (I can only assume you learned all three because you're chinese, because that seems overkill) is obviously immune from that :mad:
Wait so I can learn a useless language for purely the sake of cultural heritage (Vietnamese) and it's considered better than an equally irrational decision to learn some other moonspeak out of self-interest? O_o

Japanese confuses the hell out of me, but the prospect that I can learn of how different the Japanese are to other peoples (their idiots, elitists, stereotypes, political issues, etc.) read raw and not reinterpreted is exciting as is understanding the trolls of 2ch and to look up the next whacky Eroge game people will eat up.

Unfortunately the speaking aspect of it will probably be too overwhelming for me; I'm not exactly outgoing and still have trouble talking in English (which arguably may as well be my first language). Somewhat of a stupid barrier when you actually are interested in broadening one's horizons.

I should probably buy a book or something. Any good recommendations for textbooks to learn these xenophobic-made runes?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I agree. With my case I'm just a language nerd. As stated earlier I've already picked up 5 languages before I started to learn Japanese, and Korean and Vietnamese are next on my list.

Edit: Whoo for #4700.

-Terywj

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
i Agree. With My Case I'm Just A Language Nerd. As Stated Earlier I've Already Picked Up 5 Languages Before I Started To Learn Japanese, And Korean And Vietnamese Are Next On My List.

Edit: Whoo For #4700.

-terywj
私ももっと外国語を勉強したい
日本語はリストの二番です

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
shmotは日本語がじょうずね。

いつメルボルンにかえる?
そんなことないと思うよ。上手じゃないよ~

来週の木曜日日本から出発して、金曜日メルボルンに着く。

Junpappy

Smash Lord
So...is anyone here actually a native speaker? Although I'm far from fluent, Japanese is technically my first language and some of the stuff I've been reading comes off sounding a bit unnatural(not trying to be critical). For instance, I've never heard or read anyone using やばい as an adverb before.

Also, 日本人って ”やばい”って言葉言い過ぎ!何で何もかもやばくなる訳?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Wait so I can learn a useless language for purely the sake of cultural heritage (Vietnamese) and it's considered better than an equally irrational decision to learn some other moonspeak out of self-interest? O_o
Chinese as in he spent time in China and needed to know the language to get around, or was taught it as a kid. Thing is a huge amount of people are learning Japanese because they love anime or video games, and that's it. Honestly if you're just going to learn one language other then your native one that it should be something useful, like Spanish if you're in America, or French or Mandarin.

But in summary my argument is "Japanophiles are dumb"

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i stand by vietnamese philosophy that any language that allows you to throw vulgar words around without anyone ever knowing what you said is useful.

otherwise eor presents a sound argument

:012:

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
日本語の話をしてください!

Seriously, leave the mindless bashing of people who feel like learning a completely different language to the debate hall, where conclusions are never reached, and people spend ridiculous amounts of their time arguing points which most people will never read. The "Religion Debate" thread? Are you serious? Give me a ****ing break.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
What is this I don't even.

Not bothering with yelling at you in Chinese.

-Terywj
:012: denotes joke.

日本語の話をしてください!

Seriously, leave the mindless bashing of people who feel like learning a completely different language to the debate hall, where conclusions are never reached, and people spend ridiculous amounts of their time arguing points which most people will never read. The "Religion Debate" thread? Are you serious? Give me a ****ing break.
you must learn to be butterfree

So yeah, do any of you buy books to learn? If so, any you particularly recommend?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Right. I can't tell if you were being sarcastic or not, even with the Butterfree. Compoundeyes + Sleep Powder is pr0 by the way.

-Terywj

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
I'm at work so I'll have to settle with romaji (I can't download anything)
im kinda rusty butill give it a shot..

douzo yoroshiku. boku no namae wa kerebu desu. video geemu to kare raisu ga daitsuki desuyo.

p.s. omae no okaasan ni ikitai desu.

feel free to correct/criticise! i might pick japanese up again sometime..

Skrlx

Smash Champion
This thread will come in handy when i'm taking courses

P.S. I hate people that use the term "weeaboo" whenever they see somebody trying to learn Japanese.

P.S.S. I like the Japanese ads i'm getting with all this talk about Japanese lol

Top Bottom