• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

『SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI』Protagonists Support Thread. (Awaiting Reincarnation...)

Hmm, give me a LIFE STONE and I might consider joining you...

• Give LIFE STONE x1

• Refuse

• Trick

• Say you don't have

Results are only viewable after voting.

amageish

Smash Master
I like the look of it overall. A lawful security company is a fun angle, if a bit of an obvious pick for a modern SMT game. The classmates seem potentially interesting, though the protagonist seemingly having a bit of a goofy laid-back best friend is a bit... Does every ATLUS game need one of those? It feels like every ATLUS game has one of those sometimes, assuming the protagonist actually has a close circle of friends. I still like the school uniforms a lot though and the game has very good vibes overall.

Also, Alice's "Die for Me" animation is top-tier; I love the different looks it has had across the series and this card solider/clock thing is much better then P5's random teddy bear army.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Theory? At first I'd say the blonde friend either is or it's associated with the yellow god in the cover. The friend with the green scarf would be, obviously, the green god in the cover. Not so sure about the girl. There's a woman in the cover that at first feels like more of Chaos alignment. But there's also that dog creature, and Amanozako, which I assume will have an important role if she's in the cover of the game.

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
Damn, the game looks gorgeous. I'm glad the story isn't just "Nocturne but again".

Definitely law themed, which is a nice change of tone.

Buffs seem to work how they do in Persona since they only last 3 turns. But you do get different tiers, so I'm curious how that'll work.

Overall, I'm very excited. With this and the Persona anniversary, this year is looking very good for ATLUS fans.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alright I've watched the trailer a... few times and I've got some analyses and theories:
The green laboratory seems to combine both science and shintoist rituals:
1626391287276.png

We see Aogami's hand come out of a pool in the laboratory. It might appear that Aogami is an artificial god, perhaps created by Bethel Japan. I'll elaborate further on.
1626391307929.png
The heroine further reinforces her foreknowledge of Tokyo's downfall with the speech to the protagonist on the roof. This is very similar to Takao on top of the hospital.

We now know for a fact that the protagonist entered the tunnel with a few of his friends meaning he wasn't alone, though he does wake up alone later on.

A girl in a black skirt (not the light blue jacket girl who we assume is the heroine) walks into the mouth of a demon who teleports away. They appear to be in a decrepit highschool.
1626395276156.png
The heroine and later on the rest of the group appears to be in a high tech base, apparently run by "Bethel Japan" a Japanese security company that seems to be law-aligned. "Bethel" roughly translates to "a holy place" and the representative appears to be a man with the same facial features as Aogami, though he is noticeable shorter than him and has black hair.

Side note: we see the protagonist unfused with the Aogami, despite their first meeting presumably fusing them. Perhaps they are able to willingly unfuse.

Later we go back to cutscene and see the Nahobino gently stab a girl in a black jacket. The context of this is currently unknown but this girl might be the one we saw earlier.

After, we get a better look at the protagonist's friends, a goofy blonde boy with a "SUCKER" hat who seems to be way over his head, a serious man with glasses who seems to be very introspective and responsible, and smaller boy in green who we don't have much info on. We can see that the glasses boy has partnered up with the boxart dog demon:
1626400275342.png (far right side, you can see his glowing mane)

We then cut to the burning temple, where last we saw a geisha demon stepped on the bodies of other demons. The Nahobino walks through the aftermath of a battle wherein mostly law aligned demons have been killed, their corpses prayed over by a muscular Buddhist (?) demon.

Afterwards we're assaulted with a few shots:
We catch a glimpse of Lucifer descending from a black portal.
Then we get a scene of SUCKER hat guy who appears to have fallen into despair at the sheer scale of what he's facing.
We cut to the weird tentacle mouth demon thing who ate the black skirt girl who easily dispatches the Nahobino within the school. We then cut to the protagonist (notably unfused) slumping against a wall in despair or exhaustion.
For a short while, we see the tentacles fade into magatsuhi, indicating that it is recently killed.
The Nahobino looks up in shock, presumably at Lucifer.
The Nahobino then has light emanating from him, this appears to have taken place after the killing of the other girl. Could it be that the Nahobino is awakening to a new form to represent the decision he's taken? Or perhaps the light is signifying him unfusing?
And the wham shot: Lucifer begins to fade into magatsuhi, showing that someway, somehow... Lucifer has died, leaving both YHVH and Lucifer, the heads of Law and Chaos absent.
1626394997720.png
Heroine dialogue
"You did enough simply by reaching out to me- I was the one who pushed you away."
"Take a good look: Tokyo is fading."
Combined with the last trailer where she said "What if the Tokyo you believed in... was a lie?" it appears she has intimate knowledge about Da'at before they wake up there. This scene parallels with the Conception where both her and the protagonist stand atop a roof.​
1626394978765.png
The Nahobino to Sophia:
"I need power to walk the right path"
I imagine the protagonist might actually be able to speak outside of calling out attack names.​
1626395060565.png
Bethel Japan man:
"A power forbidden by God..."
"We of Bethel Japan are dedicated to the security of Tokyo."
"The blasphemous might of the Nahobino. I don't know where this power came from, but we shall make full use of it."
"You mean protecting Japan?"
"We shall establish a new World Order, a world ruled by the gods."
Female demon voice:
"Strike them down, in the name of Bethel! In the name of order!"
It would appear that he's the Law representative, a leading figure in Bethel Japan, a security company that seems devoutly religious.​
1626395079570.png
SUCKER hat boy:
"Protecting Tokyo from demons is definitely the right thing, isn't it? That's something I can be proud of."
"I.. I can't do it!"
"Turns out I underestimated this whole fighting thing."
Glasses boy:
"I chose to fight alongside Bethel to protect Japan's peace. But now I've drawn him into this..."
It appears that the characters' personalities don't place them on either law or chaos initially. It could be that they naturally evolve to exhibit those ideals over time. It's unknown who glasses boy is referring to explicitly, though it could be the green boy as they appear in a shot close together.​
1626395206226.png
Buddhist Demon:
"Another pitiable lamb bled on God's alter. Another arbitrary sacrifice."
It would appear that he is very anti-God. He perhaps killed those angel demons in retaliation for the burning of the temple but did not enjoy the act of doing so.​
1626399140391.png
Aogami:
"I presumed you were acting on behalf of all humanity. Perhaps I was mistaken."
It seems like Aogami is a "new" god that's loyal to humans but does not quite understand them. He allows the protagonist to do as he likes assuming he is a representative of humanity's desires.​
1626394958643.png
Heroine:
"I wish I could've done something before it got this bad!"
"Please, this has to stop!"
It appears even with foreknowledge of Tokyo's downfall, she is unable to do anything. It appears she doesn't explicitly wanted this like Takao did. Also to note that when she says "Please, this has to stop!" in Chinese, it says she's talking to another female character, most likely the girl in the black skirt, seeing as this dialogue is juxtaposed with the dying tentacle demon whose mouth she walked into.​
First we see the Nahobino ambushed by a multi-headed snake creature. Either it's a redesign or personally what I find more likely, Doi's imagining of the Hydra, seeing as it has toxic breath (a unique animation for it as well where all 8 heads shoot out poison)

Here we see some of Nahobino's early game attacks: Murakumo (lit. "Gathering Clouds) a group-attacking almighty attack that seems super expensive, Omagatoki: Critical (lit. "Time of Demons: Critical") a buff that makes every attack by the party a critical for one turn, Fairy Banquet, a buff that increases all stats of all allies to the highest degree for 3 turns. The latter 2 attacks utilize the new "magatsuhi" mechanic. We see at the start of battle that it isn't filled, but when it cuts to the Nahobino's turn it is filled, meaning it most likely can be accumulated within battle. Also to note is that Murakumo crit'ed, meaning almighty can crit, perhaps with Omagatoki: Critical.

It appears major gods like Anahita are out in the overworld and can be talked to.
Alice's "Die For Me!" appears to group multi-hit.
Nahobino's "Divine Arrowfall" appears to be group multi-hit as well.
King Frost's "King Bufula" returns from SMT4A
Arioch's Mabufudyne was able to crit the party, indicating that enemies may be able to use Omagatoki: Critical and other Magatsuhi skills as well.

For a moment we see a group of Pretas, Kodama, and Cait Sith pray to an Asparas. Not sure if any are hostile or if provoking them leads to a horde battle ala SMT4.

While traveling with the Nahobino, Amanozanko has a ( ! ) over her head, indicating that travel companions may be more than aesthetic.
  • "Normal" Tokyo is an artificial universe created in the image of our Tokyo post the death of YHVH
  • Bethel Japan somehow has knowledge of this.
  • The highschool girl knows about this world through contact with Bethel Japan.
  • Aogami is an artificial god created by Bethel Japan, a new "god" guided by humans that can lead the reconstruction of a new world order. Aogami's physical similarities with the spokesperson may indicate his DNA was used as a template.
  • His ability to fuse with humans was unknown even to Japan, explaining why the spokesperson doesn't know how the power of the Nahobino came about.
  • An earthquake, the one that destrtoys the tunnel, is what finally broke the illusion of the false Tokyo.
  • While glasses boy and SUCKER hat both started working for Bethel, SUCKER hat eventually defects to chaos, unconvinced of Bethel Japan's ideals when a voice saying "Bring it about yourself" convinces him he can do it.
  • Green boy dies early on solidifying glasses boy's dedication to Bethel and Law.
  • The girl that gets stabbed does so based on player decision as shown here. She has been posessed by the tentacle monster "ahmu." Helping her lets her get taken while killing "ahmu" means killing her as well.
  • Aogami, later on, believes that the protagonist does not have the will to forge a new world and defuses, leaving the protagonist to wander. He later returns however realizing that indecisiveness is integral to the human condition.
  • An alignment lock later on changes the Nahobino's appearance, perhaps via fusion with more deities.
  • Lucifer isn't killed. He commits suicide of his own volition. Having succeeded in a world without YHVH, he returns one last time to announce YHVH's death and show that in the interest of a truly free, world, he would kill himself, having his magatsuhi flow throughout the world granting everyone power and creating a power vacuum where the truly strong can vie for his position.
  • The tree with the red leaves in the end of SMTV trailers and game overs is the Tree of Knowledge, present in the Garden of Eden from which Original Sin originated. The tree will absorb all the magatsuhi from the dead of the world and birth a new one.
  • This is the sequel to SMT3: Nocturne, specifically its True Demon Ending. Da'at is reminiscent of the Millennium Kingdom of Demons after all. The Demi-fiend is once again the hidden secret super-boss along with Uber Pixie.
  • Oh and also, I think we'll get an Uber Amanozanko as well.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Alright I've watched the trailer a... few times and I've got some analyses and theories:
The green laboratory seems to combine both science and shintoist rituals:
View attachment 322910
We see Aogami's hand come out of a pool in the laboratory. It might appear that Aogami is an artificial god, perhaps created by Bethel Japan. I'll elaborate further on.
View attachment 322911
The heroine further reinforces her foreknowledge of Tokyo's downfall with the speech to the protagonist on the roof. This is very similar to Takao on top of the hospital.

We now know for a fact that the protagonist entered the tunnel with a few of his friends meaning he wasn't alone, though he does wake up alone later on.

A girl in a black skirt (not the light blue jacket girl who we assume is the heroine) walks into the mouth of a demon who teleports away. They appear to be in a decrepit highschool.
View attachment 322924
The heroine and later on the rest of the group appears to be in a high tech base, apparently run by "Bethel Japan" a Japanese security company that seems to be law-aligned. "Bethel" roughly translates to "a holy place" and the representative appears to be a man with the same facial features as Aogami, though he is noticeable shorter than him and has black hair.

Side note: we see the protagonist unfused with the Aogami, despite their first meeting presumably fusing them. Perhaps they are able to willingly unfuse.

Later we go back to cutscene and see the Nahobino gently stab a girl in a black jacket. The context of this is currently unknown but this girl might be the one we saw earlier.

After, we get a better look at the protagonist's friends, a goofy blonde boy with a "SUCKER" hat who seems to be way over his head, a serious man with glasses who seems to be very introspective and responsible, and smaller boy in green who we don't have much info on. We can see that the glasses boy has partnered up with the boxart dog demon:
View attachment 322937 (far right side, you can see his glowing mane)

We then cut to the burning temple, where last we saw a geisha demon stepped on the bodies of other demons. The Nahobino walks through the aftermath of a battle wherein mostly law aligned demons have been killed, their corpses prayed over by a muscular Buddhist (?) demon.

Afterwards we're assaulted with a few shots:
We catch a glimpse of Lucifer descending from a black portal.
Then we get a scene of SUCKER hat guy who appears to have fallen into despair at the sheer scale of what he's facing.
We cut to the weird tentacle mouth demon thing who ate the black skirt girl who easily dispatches the Nahobino within the school. We then cut to the protagonist (notably unfused) slumping against a wall in despair or exhaustion.
For a short while, we see the tentacles fade into magatsuhi, indicating that it is recently killed.
The Nahobino looks up in shock, presumably at Lucifer.
The Nahobino then has light emanating from him, this appears to have taken place after the killing of the other girl. Could it be that the Nahobino is awakening to a new form to represent the decision he's taken? Or perhaps the light is signifying him unfusing?
And the wham shot: Lucifer begins to fade into magatsuhi, showing that someway, somehow... Lucifer has died, leaving both YHVH and Lucifer, the heads of Law and Chaos absent.
View attachment 322919
Heroine dialogue
"You did enough simply by reaching out to me- I was the one who pushed you away."
"Take a good look: Tokyo is fading."
Combined with the last trailer where she said "What if the Tokyo you believed in... was a lie?" it appears she has intimate knowledge about Da'at before they wake up there. This scene parallels with the Conception where both her and the protagonist stand atop a roof.​
View attachment 322918
The Nahobino to Sophia:
"I need power to walk the right path"
I imagine the protagonist might actually be able to speak outside of calling out attack names.​
View attachment 322921
Bethel Japan man:
"A power forbidden by God..."
"We of Bethel Japan are dedicated to the security of Tokyo."
"The blasphemous might of the Nahobino. I don't know where this power came from, but we shall make full use of it."
"You mean protecting Japan?"
"We shall establish a new World Order, a world ruled by the gods."
Female demon voice:
"Strike them down, in the name of Bethel! In the name of order!"
It would appear that he's the Law representative, a leading figure in Bethel Japan, a security company that seems devoutly religious.​
View attachment 322922
SUCKER hat boy:
"Protecting Tokyo from demons is definitely the right thing, isn't it? That's something I can be proud of."
"I.. I can't do it!"
"Turns out I underestimated this whole fighting thing."
Glasses boy:
"I chose to fight alongside Bethel to protect Japan's peace. But now I've drawn him into this..."
It appears that the characters' personalities don't place them on either law or chaos initially. It could be that they naturally evolve to exhibit those ideals over time. It's unknown who glasses boy is referring to explicitly, though it could be the green boy as they appear in a shot close together.​
View attachment 322923
Buddhist Demon:
"Another pitiable lamb bled on God's alter. Another arbitrary sacrifice."
It would appear that he is very anti-God. He perhaps killed those angel demons in retaliation for the burning of the temple but did not enjoy the act of doing so.​
View attachment 322935
Aogami:
"I presumed you were acting on behalf of all humanity. Perhaps I was mistaken."
It seems like Aogami is a "new" god that's loyal to humans but does not quite understand them. He allows the protagonist to do as he likes assuming he is a representative of humanity's desires.​
View attachment 322917
Heroine:
"I wish I could've done something before it got this bad!"
"Please, this has to stop!"
It appears even with foreknowledge of Tokyo's downfall, she is unable to do anything. It appears she doesn't explicitly wanted this like Takao did. Also to note that when she says "Please, this has to stop!" in Chinese, it says she's talking to another female character, most likely the girl in the black skirt, seeing as this dialogue is juxtaposed with the dying tentacle demon whose mouth she walked into.​
First we see the Nahobino ambushed by a multi-headed snake creature. Either it's a redesign or personally what I find more likely, Doi's imagining of the Hydra, seeing as it has toxic breath (a unique animation for it as well where all 8 heads shoot out poison)

Here we see some of Nahobino's early game attacks: Murakumo (lit. "Gathering Clouds) a group-attacking almighty attack that seems super expensive, Omagatoki: Critical (lit. "Time of Demons: Critical") a buff that makes every attack by the party a critical for one turn, Fairy Banquet, a buff that increases all stats of all allies to the highest degree for 3 turns. The latter 2 attacks utilize the new "magatsuhi" mechanic. We see at the start of battle that it isn't filled, but when it cuts to the Nahobino's turn it is filled, meaning it most likely can be accumulated within battle. Also to note is that Murakumo crit'ed, meaning almighty can crit, perhaps with Omagatoki: Critical.

It appears major gods like Anahita are out in the overworld and can be talked to.
Alice's "Die For Me!" appears to group multi-hit.
Nahobino's "Divine Arrowfall" appears to be group multi-hit as well.
King Frost's "King Bufula" returns from SMT4A
Arioch's Mabufudyne was able to crit the party, indicating that enemies may be able to use Omagatoki: Critical and other Magatsuhi skills as well.

For a moment we see a group of Pretas, Kodama, and Cait Sith pray to an Asparas. Not sure if any are hostile or if provoking them leads to a horde battle ala SMT4.

While traveling with the Nahobino, Amanozanko has a ( ! ) over her head, indicating that travel companions may be more than aesthetic.
  • "Normal" Tokyo is an artificial universe created in the image of our Tokyo post the death of YHVH
  • Bethel Japan somehow has knowledge of this.
  • The highschool girl knows about this world through contact with Bethel Japan.
  • Aogami is an artificial god created by Bethel Japan, a new "god" guided by humans that can lead the reconstruction of a new world order. Aogami's physical similarities with the spokesperson may indicate his DNA was used as a template.
  • His ability to fuse with humans was unknown even to Japan, explaining why the spokesperson doesn't know how the power of the Nahobino came about.
  • An earthquake, the one that destrtoys the tunnel, is what finally broke the illusion of the false Tokyo.
  • While glasses boy and SUCKER hat both started working for Bethel, SUCKER hat eventually defects to chaos, unconvinced of Bethel Japan's ideals when a voice saying "Bring it about yourself" convinces him he can do it.
  • Green boy dies early on solidifying glasses boy's dedication to Bethel and Law.
  • The girl that gets stabbed does so based on player decision as shown here. She has been posessed by the tentacle monster "ahmu." Helping her lets her get taken while killing "ahmu" means killing her as well.
  • Aogami, later on, believes that the protagonist does not have the will to forge a new world and defuses, leaving the protagonist to wander. He later returns however realizing that indecisiveness is integral to the human condition.
  • An alignment lock later on changes the Nahobino's appearance, perhaps via fusion with more deities.
  • Lucifer isn't killed. He commits suicide of his own volition. Having succeeded in a world without YHVH, he returns one last time to announce YHVH's death and show that in the interest of a truly free, world, he would kill himself, having his magatsuhi flow throughout the world granting everyone power and creating a power vacuum where the truly strong can vie for his position.
  • This is the sequel to SMT3: Nocturne, specifically its True Demon Ending. Da'at is reminiscent of the Millennium Kingdom of Demons after all. The Demi-fiend is once again the hidden secret super-boss along with Uber Pixie.
  • Oh and also, I think we'll get an Uber Amanozanko as well.
So

What even is Ahmu? I can't find anything of the sort. I know of Lahmu(Thanks FGO), but the name Ahmu is coming up with nothing.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Great post Idon. Very interesting theories there.

I personally don't think I'd really like for SMT V to be a sequel of Nocturne. I don't really know why but I think I'd rather V to be completely standalone.
Though I'd really welcome a Demi-fiend secret boss battle or something like that. Maybe Flynn instead. But if V is really a Nocturne sequel then Demi-fiend would make more sense.

He at least got the chance of being a secret boss in Digital Devil Saga, would be cool if now that spot was for Flynn. That way we would get our first HD model of Flynn as well lol

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wait what's the Magatsuhi mechanic? Was this explained in the Treehouse segments or something?
Magatsuhi has not been explained officially as of yet.

From what we can gather, it's a new secondary combat resource to manage, From the gameplay, it appears that small red pips on the overworld can fill it up on top of some method of refilling it within combat itself. It seems that when the bar is full, a person in the party can use a "Magatsuhi" skill which seem extremely powerful, ie granting guaranteed crits to the entire party including magic or granting max luster candy to the entire party for 3 turns.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Demon Showcase #30

Demon Showcase #31

Next is Slime/Black Ooze? Not the most exciting demon to showcase if you ask me lmao
Oh sick, we're finally seeing some cool physical animations. Also love the fact we're getting some magic phys-scaling attacks.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
A bit random but you do think we'll get more of Doi's designs in this game? I mean stuff from previous games making their debut in 3D more tha completely new demons.

The list of Doi's designs so far is, IIRC:

• Odin (he was in the first trailer so I assume he will be in the game with Doi's redesign)
  • Amanozako
  • Daimon
  • Angel
  • Mermaid
  • Fionn Mac Cumhaill
  • Anahita
  • Hydra?

Anahita and Odin we haven't seen in action but considering that so far his all of Doi's creations have unique attack animations, I would say it's safe to assume Anahita and Odin won't be the exception.

I'd personally like to see Cleopatra, Zeus or his Satan versions, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen lol

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
A bit random but you do think we'll get more of Doi's designs in this game? I mean stuff from previous games making their debut in 3D more tha completely new demons.

The list of Doi's designs so far is, IIRC:

• Odin (he was in the first trailer so I assume he will be in the game with Doi's redesign)
  • Amanozako
  • Daimon
  • Angel
  • Mermaid
  • Fionn Mac Cumhaill
  • Anahita
  • Hydra?

Anahita and Odin we haven't seen in action but considering that so far his all of Doi's creations have unique attack animations, I would say it's safe to assume Anahita and Odin won't be the exception.

I'd personally like to see Cleopatra, Zeus or his Satan versions, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen lol
I think Mephisto would be a PERFECT design for this game. It's just... really damn good.

As for Satan, I'm not sure if he'd make an appearance as 4A Satan. Like 4's Lucifer and Merkabah, he's a product of the plot and it might be that they want to associate that Satan design with that game's personality. There's nothing in the design that prevents its usage elsewhere, but it does make me think.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Considering Strange Journey Redux was being finished up as SMTV development appeared to have started I think there's a chance the designs from it were made with 3D models in mind. I wouldn't be surprised to see Amon or Zeus.

I agree that Satan is generally tied to plot events in mainline and not usually obtainable as a result. I could see something like the existing Persona 5 model being tied to a second playthrough bonus boss, just it doesn't go to waste. Something like Demi-urge in Strange Journey.

On that note, I almost expect Slime Mara, Purple Odin and Bondage Angel to be easter eggs just so their models also get used lmao.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Considering Strange Journey Redux was being finished up as SMTV development appeared to have started I think there's a chance the designs from it were made with 3D models in mind. I wouldn't be surprised to see Amon or Zeus.

I agree that Satan is generally tied to plot events in mainline and not usually obtainable as a result. I could see something like the existing Persona 5 model being tied to a second playthrough bonus boss, just it doesn't go to waste. Something like Demi-urge in Strange Journey.

On that note, I almost expect Slime Mara, Purple Odin and Bondage Angel to be easter eggs just so their models also get used lmao.
That'd be cool.
4A had low level Angel use the Devil Summoner teal wings and a high level Angel use the Nocturne design with the white wings and BDSM gear.

amageish

Smash Master
So, in general ATLUS news, they apparently have 5-6 games in development internally and ~10 in development counting external partnerships.

Obviously most of these probably aren't SMT - Etrian Odyssey still has a project that was teased several years ago, Project Re: Fantasy exists, and Persona has a bunch of announcements coming this year and next for the anniversary (which I'm guessing will be a lot of the external partnerships) - but that's still is a lot of projects. Maybe we'll see some MegaTen sub-franchises from the DS/3DS era move over to Switch in the next couple years...

DynoStretch

Smash Cadet
I don't get why you wouldn't consider the possibility of Demifiend then, but you do you I suppose
Honestly I'm also kinda burnt out on 'dark and edgy'-looking characters after we just got Sephiroth and Kazuya, and I'd prefer the cute hee-ho snowman thing to add a bit more variety and whimsy to the roster.

jfsmash.png

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly I'm also kinda burnt out on 'dark and edgy'-looking characters after we just got Sephiroth and Kazuya, and I'd prefer the cute hee-ho snowman thing to add a bit more variety and whimsy to the roster.

View attachment 323335
Sorry to say that's not exactly what SMT is... about.
Jack Frost is cute though, I'll give him that.

Demon Showcase #33

Next is Cu Chulainn. I hope Tam Lin gets a redesign if he's in the game instead if being a palette swap for Cu Chulainn.
Awesome, hopefully he gets a unique skill. He's one of the most popular demons of all time.

amageish

Smash Master
unlikely as it is, I'd love to see Dragon's Crown or Odin Sphere Leifthrasir ports for Switch or PC being among those external games.
I could see that, honestly! They gave Muramasa a second chance on Vita, so them porting over some of their newer games doesn't seem impossible, especially if SEGA has any power over their decisions. 13 Sentinels is possible too, though the combat sections of that game would probably need the particle effects turned off, or at least reduced, as it's already chugging on PS4....

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Would be cool if we got a SMT spin off or something during the timeframe between V and VI, whenever that comes out.

That way they can reuse assets, and have more space and time to make new ones (including demons) for next games.

amageish

Smash Master
You know, the comment about 4-5 external partnerships makes me wonder if we'll see Team Ladybug making another ATLUS IP game, after Synchronicity Prologue several years back? There's always the possibility of another EO Mystery Dungeon with Spike Chunsoft or another Persona Arena with ArcSys, but those are only 2 games and 4-5 is quite a few.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
We know Atlus is working on around 10 projects, which 5-6 are being made internally according to the interview.
I wouldn't expect a SMT game made externally, not for now at least, unless Sega/Atlus are pushing the series even more than I think.

So of these 5-6 projects, I guess something like this:

• Persona 6 is one for sure
  • At least another Persona project is a lock, I guess a remake of P1/P2/P3? Probably P3 in that case
  • They're supposedly with a new Etrian Odyssey game if I'm not mistaken
  • Project Re:Fantasy

I don't know if SMTV is included in the list by them, it's close to completion so I don't know. That doesn't leave a lot of room for another SMT game relatively soon after SMTV. I'd like to get a spin-off or something. Preferably, not a sequel of V like Apocalypse was, but who knows. They could reuse assets and demon models for a spin-off game, create new ones for said game and carry all of that for the eventual SMTVI.

amageish

Smash Master
We know Atlus is working on around 10 projects, which 5-6 are being made internally according to the interview.
I wouldn't expect a SMT game made externally, not for now at least, unless Sega/Atlus are pushing the series even more than I think.

So of these 5-6 projects, I guess something like this:

• Persona 6 is one for sure
  • At least another Persona project is a lock, I guess a remake of P1/P2/P3? Probably P3 in that case
  • They're supposedly with a new Etrian Odyssey game if I'm not mistaken
  • Project Re:Fantasy

I don't know if SMTV is included in the list by them, it's close to completion so I don't know. That doesn't leave a lot of room for another SMT game relatively soon after SMTV. I'd like to get a spin-off or something. Preferably, not a sequel of V like Apocalypse was, but who knows. They could reuse assets and demon models for a spin-off game, create new ones for said game and carry all of that for the eventual SMTVI.
Devil Survivor/TMS producer did also tease an announcement of a game he's involved with happening this year. Unless he's involved with EO or Persona projects have expanded outside of P-Team, I think that's either a MegaTen spin-off or a new ATLUS IP (a la Radiant Historia)...

Top Bottom