• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

『SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI』Protagonists Support Thread. (Awaiting Reincarnation...)

Hmm, give me a LIFE STONE and I might consider joining you...

• Give LIFE STONE x1

• Refuse

• Trick

• Say you don't have

Results are only viewable after voting.

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah this is definitely a good cast IMO. The only thing that weirded me out a little bit was Tao's line in the trailer.
Yeah, though I'm not deeply concerned either what that trailer is clearly clipping dialogue from scenes out of context....

I like to think Doi was frustated about some people not liking Demeter's design and went "FINE, YOU WANT A LESS HUMAN NATURE GODDESS, I WILL GIVE YOU A LESS HUMAN NATURE GODDESS!"

SNEKeater

Smash Master
20 minutes of gameplay!
There's also some gameplay with JP commentary at the 2:21:00 mark in this Twitch vod.
The game's movement and sound mixing is really pleasing.
It's indeed very pleasing. And visually the game keeps looking very good IMO
Hoping that the footage they will show this Saturday will show us a different area though, nothing wrong with this one but I think that all the gameplays we've seen outside of clips and footage from the demon showcases has been from the beginning.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
It seems that a few japanese previews of the game have been going around. They seem to have played the beginning of the game and it seems like the previews are very positive:

New daily demon

Next up is Oberon.... A certain game I know of has made me extremely untrustful of Oberon as of late.
I'm gonna take this opportunity to post the remaining ones

And then the newest one

Next is Titania. Makes sense that she and her husband are revealed back to back lol

amageish

Smash Master
We got a Famitsu interview as well.

The non-spoilery thing I can say is that the game was originally targeting a Summer 2020 release, hoping to capitalize on the Olympics causing an increased interest in Japanese media... Aw, we were so naive of what was to come back then, weren't we?

"Nahobino is the united form between the protagonist and Aogami, and will be the game’s main character. Since Nahobino is a god of unity, it was difficult to create a distinctive design for their figure, so I used the original concept for their design. The white curves on the body represent the environment, often used as a motif in ancient pre-Christianity religion around the world. It’s an expression of reverence for the primal life force, and it was chosen because it is appropriate for Nahobino, the god of union.
The hair, which is the most eye-catching feature, is also a manifestation of Nahobino’s life force. This is because hair has been considered sacred since ancient times, said to be the source of vitality with transcendent abilities. Also, for reasons I can’t explain in detail yet, the long hair is also compared to the flow of water. The blue lines on their body also represents the flow of water, and I think we can consider their connection to water. I hope you will try to guess what this means for Nahobino’s identity…"
So, this is... interesting. I'm curious about the water connection and also the general... boundary-breaking nature of this character who is neither demon or human.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Ah yeah

Did anyone catch the TGS footage of SMTV?

****ing Mafia making it awkward for the translators lol
Oh yeah. That was... weird. Especially considering he was live, and he chose to do that lol

More gameplay btw. It seems everyone that had the opportunity to play it was given the same demo.

Would be cool if they released this as a public demo.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Considering we're one day away from the end, I wasn't going to post the remaining demon showcases but last one was for one of the new demons of SMTV, so I'm going to make an exception

The final reveal trailer has a name now. Here's hoping...
Imagine starting the trailer with a recreation of that cutscene. That would be really cool. But to be honest I'm not expecting a SMT character anymore, before I was kinda feeling it but now... Maybe it's because all the new tweets and how people are hyped for the final character, but I don't know.

amageish

Smash Master
All the European Sakurai presentations are called "Battling with X." I think this one is just continuing with that motif.

I'm not especially hopeful for SMT as FP11 either. I think it'll probably get content in the game still though, either with a spirit event around SMTV's launch or maybe a Mii Costume tomorrow if they're rounding off content right away after FP11's launch. I do honestly think Jack Frost would have had a Mii Hat with Joker if they didn't have something else planned...

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
It's been a while since I posted anything here, because I've been busy with school and uni applications and stuff. But I feel like I have to post something here before the final character is revealed.

I honestly don't think we're getting an SMT rep. I don't think it's impossible or even unlikely, but literally any character seems possible to me at the moment, and I don't think there's much going for an SMT rep that other characters don't also have. Demi-Fiend (or any SMT rep) is still my most wanted character though (other than Tatsuya, but he's definitely not happening).

Anyway, you guys are all really cool (this is genuinely the best part of the SMT community I'm a part of), so thanks.

Also, will this thread still be used for general SMT talk after tomorrow, or will it just fizzle out?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I know that we can't express our support for a SMT protag since the final fighter is revealed tomorrow, but I hope we don't just abandon this thread. This has been my main hub for SMT V info and I always get excited when anyone posts. I just hope this thread still gets updated...
If I'm allowed, I'll keep updating it.
I hear they're locking all newcomer thread hereafter however.

We may need to migrate to a different thread in the "General Thread" if that's the case.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I honestly don't think we're getting an SMT rep. I don't think it's impossible or even unlikely, but literally any character seems possible to me at the moment, and I don't think there's much going for an SMT rep that other characters don't also have. Demi-Fiend (or any SMT rep) is still my most wanted character though (other than Tatsuya, but he's definitely not happening).
I feel the same way, but an SMT rep still has a better chance than any of my other most wanteds. I guess the question is will SMT end up with any actual content in Smash by the end of the presentation.

amageish

Smash Master
It's been a good time, everyone! If the threads are closed up soon, I'd be happy to move into a SMTV thread to continue discussing demon showcases, trailers, etc.

And, hey, we'll see if spirits events continue into the future, which could potentially include SMT...

Yiptap

Smash Lord
This thread ain’t completely locked, so before we go our separate ways, SMTV news 4 has been announced. I dunno how to link it, but I thought I should mention it. I’m really hoping they release a demo in the style of Dragon Quest XI, where they let you experience a small part of early game.

Discoball Fever

Smash Rookie
I think it's also worth mentioning that Atlus West is holding a cosplay competition for Halloween over on twitter.

There's even apparently a Nahobino plush being made, as it had been listed among the prizes.

I hope we get to see lots more SMTV/Naobi merchandise in the future, maybe even a figure.

amageish

Smash Master
I think it's also worth mentioning that Atlus West is holding a cosplay competition for Halloween over on twitter.

There's even apparently a Nahobino plush being made, as it had been listed among the prizes.

I hope we get to see lots more SMTV/Naobi merchandise in the future, maybe even a figure.
I kind of want to do a 13 Sentinels cosplay now, partially just because I imagine the barrier for entry on the Vanillaware category will be much lower then the SMT and especially the Persona ones... Hm...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Atlus West confirms that this is the last SMTV related broadcast (besides the launch trailer obviously).

Well ladies and gentlemen, it's been a ride. Glad to be able to watch just one more thing with yall before it all closes for good.
Don't worry, I'll just remake it in the Smash 6 thread and we can hang out there.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Atlus West confirms that this is the last SMTV related broadcast (besides the launch trailer obviously).

Well ladies and gentlemen, it's been a ride. Glad to be able to watch just one more thing with yall before it all closes for good.
Don't worry, I'll just remake it in the Smash 6 thread and we can hang out there.

We'll be there!

Also, that Nahobino plushie sounds quite cool. Excited to see how it looks. If it's not super expensive and it's cool I'll probably buy one lol

I have a feeling the next SMT news will be about potential DLC for the future? Maybe some info about alignments as well.

Yiptap

Smash Lord

Tag me when you do!

amageish

Smash Master
He looks so cool! And... I guess that him being DLC confirms that he isn't story-related haha.

Top Bottom