• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

“Welcome to my Velvet Room!” Persona Series Character Discussion

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Persona is a long running JRPG series first starting on the PlayStation with the game Revelations: Persona, first released in 1996. While initially starting as a spin-off of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, it has grown to be a hallmark in gaming and the JRPG genere as a whole, selling 8.5 million copies worldwide and most entries receiving glowing reviews and being regarded as innovations to JRPGs as a whole with it’s slice-of-life social simulation attributes mixed in with real-time turn-based dungeon-crawling.

Whether it be, S. E. E. S, the Investigation Team, or the Phantom Thieves, there’s many characters in the franchise itself, which is where this thread comes in. This is a place where you can discuss characters and more being in Smash:
B3153B91-BF22-489A-936F-3F76526BF460.png

Now let’s forge a contract!

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I definitely support the idea of Persona content in Smash. In terms of characters, I think Yu is another possibility behind Joker. P4 was a landmark game for the series. Also, I think he could have a pretty fun moveset.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Joker is my number one support because Persona 5 is probably among the greatest RPGs of all time, if not my personal favorite. I feel it also bridged the gap between Persona fans, casual fans, and SMT fans. Also, I don't want to get greedy because my actual favorite protagonist is the P3P FemC and if she's not in but Minato/Makoto is I'll be MAD salty.

Joker would also just be the most Smash-appropriate to me. Something about his style screams Smash more than Yu or Maya or Tatsuya.

Jack Frost should be an assist trophy no matter what though. Atlus's mascot and even had a Virtual Boy exclusive title.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So um, wow...

Did not expect that the other day...

I wonder what’s gonna happen to this thread now that we got Persona representation lol.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
So um, wow...

Did not expect that the other day...

I wonder what’s gonna happen to this thread now that we got Persona representation lol.
Well, congrats. That's quite possibly a record in the amount of time it takes for a thread to reach its potential goal/zenith. Guess we could use it for discussing future representation and whatnot? Lol.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well, congrats. That's quite possibly a record in the amount of time it takes for a thread to reach its potential goal/zenith. Guess we could use it for discussing future representation and whatnot? Lol.
Oh my god you’re right lol, it took just about three months after the thread’s creation.

I’m just wondering if it’ll be merged with Joker’s forum or not, I’ll tag Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth and see where we go from here.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
We're obviously not gonna get anymore characters

but wouldn't costumes for characters like Jack Frost, Sojiro, Akechi, and Yu and Minato be rad?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
We're obviously not gonna get anymore characters

but wouldn't costumes for characters like Jack Frost, Sojiro, Akechi, and Yu and Minato be rad?
The only second rep I could see is getting is Crow as an Echo Fighter of Joker, but that’s it.

My pipedream second character that will literally never ever happen is Naoto, but that will literally never happen in a million years.

Insomneko

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3266-5876-1597
I really really want Phantom Thief Mii Costumes, especially Futaba and Makoto

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
What if next game they change Joker's persona to Jack Frost and then added P3, P4, P5, P6 characters like "Hero"?.

Or what my friend said, they should make Joker like Shulk and change personas.

Also, playing through P4 so no spoilers if you can.

StormC

Smash Hero
What if next game they change Joker's persona to Jack Frost and then added P3, P4, P5, P6 characters like "Hero"?.

Joker wields a knife and gun while the other two use swords so it wouldn't really work.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Late comment, but the only way Jack Frost can get in at all at this point is if fans push for him, because I don't think SMT is acknowledged that much in the public mind anymore. Just saying.

Top Bottom