• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

«¤The Official Stage Discussion Thread¤» Week three: Smashville

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Sorry I've been so inactive here guys. I have to work so I'll really only be here on the weekends. Sorry about not updating it this weekend, I was busy.

Anyway, on to week two. I see some of you wanted Delfino but I'm gonna go with the official stage order.

All that BS aside:

START!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Writing a summary would be nice. =/

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I'll try to get to that tomorrow. Like I said, I'm rather busier than usual on weekdays.

Final Destination is a good stage for TL since it gives you more space to spam projectiles at your enemy. SHDA sets up a huge wall for your opponents, and bombs can give decent range if thrown at a full hop. Final Destination is only a bad choice for opponents that can possibly outcamp TL. Falcos and Snakes are capable of doing so, so I recommend not picking it against them.

Also, it's easy to get stuck under the edges.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Character's who can CG also do pretty well here but if you out-camp them it shouldn't be a problem.

NeoCrono

Smash Ace
I prefer..... idk, MK is just someone I would rather not face. But for some reason I like Smash ville because I feel like to control the platform if I play right and its probably just me, but i suck on FD.... like... I'm really bad....

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
I like taking MKs to FD too, i just try to get the off the ground and i try to set up a wall of projectiles, we should never bring ice climbers there... i learned that the hard way. the other good thing about this stage is that theres nothing that can get in the way. its just the enemy, you and your crazy bag of tricks.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Wrote up the summary for BF. Tell me what you think.

BTW if TL could really out-camp most of the cast then wouldn't he be top tier in a game as campy as BARWL?

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
FD would be my number one counterpick... except for the god **** stage lips. If you're recovering from a far distance below the edge, and you DI too much to the right or left depending on the side, you get stuck under the lip, and you're down a stock. It's not quite as bad for TL as some other characters, but still, annoying as hell.
It happens the most often when you're dealing with someone who's beast at edge-guarding, and you get nervous and do that. Or in my case, I'll do side-B instead of up-B and basically suicide.

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
I never in my life got stuck under FD but since everyone says it happens i believe you guys. the way i got good at being on the edge was just playing whole matches on the edge never coming up on the ground unless i wanted to get the 3 hookshots back. practice that with your friends and it wont be a problem anymore. if you fall to far down and have a jump try to wall jump off the bottom of FD.

(idk if this actually helped... i really hope it did i want to contrubute)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
If you get stuck under it, just hold the direction away from the stage.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
If you get stuck under it, just hold the direction away from the stage.
As simple as that sounds, a skilled opponent will realize the situation you're in and edgehog you. If you're lucky, the final slash will catch the edgehog and stage-spike your opponent, but typically not.
On a side note, its really satisfying when that happens, more so with Link than Tink.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Would you rather take the change or getting edge hogged or just stay under the lip and die?

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Don't get stuck, imo. It's not that hard if you're paying attention. Just think about where you are before you go "ZOMG I'MMA FALLIN'!!!! WTF DO I DO?!?! OH YEAH! UP B MASH GO!!!!! (0 o 0)"

Don't get stuck, imo. It's not that hard if you're paying attention. Just think about where you are before you go "ZOMG I'MMA FALLIN'!!!! WTF DO I DO?!?! OH YEAH! UP B MASH GO!!!!! (0 o 0)"
Yup. Don't panic. Just concentrate.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
It also really helps to get a feel for zair's aerial range because it's much easier to fall past the ledge and Z-recover than to try and aim an upB right.

I use zair whenever possible on recovery.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Would you rather take the change or getting edge hogged or just stay under the lip and die?
I'm saying that against a skilled opponent, it might not make a difference either way.
Well, I've been playing a lot more Brawl + recently, where recoveries are much harder w/o auto-edge grab, thats prolly warping my perspective.
In general I just hate having to recover, and even more so, once I grab the edge, trying to get back on the stage. There isn't really any way to practice that on your own, cuz you need another person there to practice against.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Well even though we didn't get as much done I think it's time... Time to switch.

Next on to one of my favorite stages: SMASHVILLE!!!

The summary for FD Will be up soon.

MJG

Smash Hero
What i like about smashville is that on the ledge where your opponent has to latch onto can be used to spike your opponents depending on their recoveries.. I dont try this much. Its usually situational and im able to do it on wario the easiest since his hands are just up there during his recovery if you have knocked him out of his bike or if his bike is still on stage

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
What i like about smashville is that on the ledge where your opponent has to latch onto can be used to spike your opponents depending on their recoveries.. I dont try this much. Its usually situational and im able to do it on wario the easiest since his hands are just up there during his recovery if you have knocked him out of his bike or if his bike is still on stage
That was just one big run-on sentence you could've condensed into "I like stage-spiking."

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
Smashville is an amazing stage for TL. With our strong projectile arsenal and aerial maneuverability, we should be able to hit the balloon every time it goes by, thereby securing the match.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Well normally this would be about the time I would change the stage but since people haven't done much on Smashville I'm extending it.

BTW I know the summary for FD isn't up yet. If someone could do that for me this time I would appreciate it.

Ashraf23

Smash Apprentice
I don't really know why but I prefer the other two stages (Fd,BF). I would really be helpful if someone could explain to me why I would think that.

Do other TLs feel the same?

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I prefer FD and SV more than BF more now. I don't like platforms >_>

Please elaborate. This thread is dying so please...

Guess I'll stop being a hypocrite and contribute now:

IMO Smashville is a great stage for TL. It has a LOT of space to move around in. This means longer zair chains, longer Bair>Bair>Land>Jump>Repeat chains, anything that moves you or the opponent across the stage without the intention to get them off stage is helped here.

Also the platform...

SO helpful for gimping.

Top Bottom