• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I'm good with armor. :(
Seibrik/ESAM are just better, so I learned to not use them... I'm getting really good with them again, just gotta know your opponent's exp. with items.

Judo777

Smash Master
Jab1 has pretty good range dude. You can space it on DK's shield and he can't even grab you for it.
I don't even think Falco can shieldgrab it lol.
You can... but at max range you can't do anything with it. Jab 1 > Jab 2 > nothing lol. Gotta be closer for grabs/ftilts (earliest hitbox is kinda close).

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
It's called jab1 cancelling dude. You know, jab1-->jab1.

DK and Peach can't even shieldgrab a spaced jab1 on shield unless the ISSDI-->shieldgrab.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I messed with ZSS' jab cancels the other day, they are SO BAD.

The earliest she can cancel her jabs with a crouch, her target has already been shielding for 2 frames.

If ZSS had a good grab, that would make for awesome mindgame potential but lol

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
i get punished very often for using jab (cancel). if you ask me it is only a good move, if the enemy is in the air or Olimar, Toon Link and so on.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Well, jab1 to dash away is really good if spaced well on a lot of characters because when ZSS is dashing away, she's harder to hit, You can start the dash right after the jab, so unless the guy has a 1-2 frame move that is going to hit you after you jab it's pretty safe.

I have said it before, but jab also combos from dash attack after the enemy starts going into tumble. 7% is pretty good for guaranteed damage and utilt doesnt' combo anymore.

Fun fact also, when you back throw, you have 8 frames before the guy starts their air dodge, so 11 frames to do whatever you want (including jab, uair, dash attack).

WayV

Smash Rookie
I figured out what I was doing wrong with the glide toss. With ZSS you have to start up a little dash before you enter the glide toss input. With Diddy Kong his glide tossing is less strict so you don't have to start up a dash before you glide toss.

WayV

Smash Rookie
One minute respond jeez. It's doesn't take as much effort to glide toss with ZSS than Diddy Kong.

Judo777

Smash Master
It's called jab1 cancelling dude. You know, jab1-->jab1.

DK and Peach can't even shieldgrab a spaced jab1 on shield unless the ISSDI-->shieldgrab.
Sheiks jab 1 has pretty bad hitstun, it doesn't combo into almost anything except jab 2. Jab 2 has a lot of hitstun and combos into (or pseudo combos never really sure)into grabs, ftilts, dsmash (definitely). Jab 1 canceling doesn't work with Sheik.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I would have guessed that Diddy's glide tosses had stricter frame windows than ZSS's based on feel.

Do you have frame data to support that assertion?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
They're both ridiculously easy. If anything, it's only worth mentioning that ZSS' glide tosses are stricter in the sense that you can only glide toss out of a forward roll, whereas with Diddy you can glide toss with either roll. XD

WayV

Smash Rookie
Oh that's why I couldn't glide toss because I was facing the wrong way. I didn't know ZSS had to be facing the direction your glide tossing. Sorry for my ignorance.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Yea BF is where I take him most of the time, and why do you think it's that bad Justin? Is it because of the two lower platforms

:phone:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Replace DDD with practically any character in the cast. Doesn't make small stages the best choice vs. everybody.

I just gave my opinion, you can think whatever you want, but don't throw around generalized statements as backup. DDD covers way too much of BF by just standing in the middle for it to be a good stage for us. He's slow, we're fast, and we can't get CGed. Name one negative, besides whatever % he lives at, to a big stage vs. DDD.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I need help... I FINALLY broke my habit of dodging after I'm launched, and I'm trying to work on my DI (Uair+downB). How would I practice that in training mode exactly? And who would be the best character to practice this against?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Remember that you only really need to momentum cancel if you think the move will kill you

And don't waste the downB unless you KNOW you'll die without it

Don't practice in training mode. Practice against people; a big part of it is not only being able to MC as soon as you recognize that you've been launched, but also knowing when to expect the kill moves.

If you can't practice against people, practice against CPUs.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Yeah I'll practice against CPUs.

I need to work on downBing in the right direction... lol actually killed myself once :L

space23

Smash Rookie
Need help on olimar MU. I usually play aggressive against olimar
I pick SV and lylat as stages and use platforms to approach and avoid pikmin toss.
I've also noticed not to jump over/near olimar for bair as I always get Up Smash Oos...

Any tips? Best stage to go? And what playstyle is best to approach olimar?

:phone:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
FD and BF are good imo cause they help with the suitpieces, especially FD
I also like YI:B for some reason

Approaching options include
sh bair
Cross up airdodge behind --> dtilt/jab
Spaced sideB
Fully charged laser --> sideB
Dash attack
Dash grab