• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
We can make pressure just by approaching him slowly, but not attacking. If you are close, and he gets scared he will start to shield and to dodge, or making unsafe moves. Wait for that and react.

V115 mentioned the attacks for approach, but we know everything isnt really safe.

So mix the stuff up, within the thing i mentioned. Variation is the key to break the defense of olimar.

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
When being edgeguarded by MK, how do you get around shuttle loop? Seems like as soon as ZSS flip kicks its and easy shuttle loop (back hit) and checkmate.

I guess the best thing is to make sure you DI well enough that you don't run into this, but is there any way ZSS can get back safely?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Snakeee used to say that the only real way to reliably get around it is to save your second jump, recover below him and try to hit him with an aerial.

That has its own risks though, obviously.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Recovering above isn't bad either. If you time the airdodge/downB properly then he'll be able to SL you, but not with the hitbox that sends your backwards.

It's entirely dependent on positioning. Mix it up with lasers, tether cancels, airdodges, downB and aerials and you should be making it back fairly often.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
So I was reading the G&W boards, and they say they have a +1 on us. Reading the ZSS guide tells me that we have a +1 or +2 on them...

What's the argument for ZSS beating G&W? :)

Dakpo

Smash Lord
So I was reading the G&W boards, and they say they have a +1 on us. Reading the ZSS guide tells me that we have a +1 or +2 on them...

What's the argument for ZSS beating G&W? :)
If we run away and side B....GnW can do nothing. We beat key with Up smash. This match up is easily +1 if not +2 for us. The only thing that sucks is missing the tech when he down throws us. Other then that, It super easy to completely out space him.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
If we run away and side B....GnW can do nothing. We beat key with Up smash. This match up is easily +1 if not +2 for us. The only thing that sucks is missing the tech when he down throws us. Other then that, It super easy to completely out space him.
Their argument was basically that uair would be staled too much to kill, bucket everything, dsmash requires a really hard read otherwise, we die early, and sideB is slow. They also talked about how our moves kill horizontally, so bucket breaking is strong.

Usmash beating Key is, well, key. :p
We obviously aren't gonna be idiots with moves that can lead to them getting a OHKO.
We would die early, but everyone does to G&W.
And yeah, sideB's range is ridic, despite its speed.

I'd say I agree with you guys, but I can only play the MU from one angle (Me ZSS against a scrubby but learning G&W), so yeah.

Coolness, I find myself gravitating towards the other character boards 'cuz the DK's suck at discussion and stuff. xD Glad you guys are accepting. :)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Uair is too stale to kill (at decent percents) in like all of ZSS' MUs.
A fresh bair will kill GW at about (I'm just guessing the percent here) 120 even with bucket braking involved, unless we do it from the other side of the stage or something.

I don't agree with dsmash requiring a hard read simply due to bucket, but I have no experience in this MU. But if that's the case then I don't see how bucketing a dsmash would require anything less than a hard read on the GW's part.

If uair killing late is somehow a problem for us (even though it isn't a problem in any of our other MUs) then we can just refresh it with pummels + other stuff, and then air release --> uair.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yeahhh

dat date

It's weird to look back and say "damn I actually beat kaak these days"

then again, we've both quit so these days is pretty inaccurate by now lol

insomniiac

Smash Cadet
with banana in hand, downsmash > footstool > throw banana > footstool > catch banana > downsmash? im having problems catching the banana and downsmashing in time. i wanna find a vid or something, i know it works

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Dsmash --> pick up banana --> footstool --> throw banana down (doing it IMMEDIATELY after the footstool will make the timing harder, so wait for a little bit) --> catch banana with Z--> fastfall-->throw banana down again --> repeat.

I advise using the C-stick for the 2nd downward banana toss. Also if the Diddy isn't at low percents you don't have to run to get the footstool in time, you can just walk.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
The sad part about the infinite is that you have to play on FD to make it work. So make sure your comfortable with that

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Not really. If you combine the infinite and the Xonar (like in this vid) then you can move the infinite to wherever you want (ie manuever around platforms on stages like BF or SV)

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Not really. If you combine the infinite and the Xonar (like in this vid) then you can move the infinite to wherever you want (ie manuever around platforms on stages like BF or SV)
Sadly you still can't. Check out how high that banana goes when you hit diddy. That will get caught on a platform everytime

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Actually you can do it on SV you just SH down toss banana>airdodge catch>land buffer turnaround>downtoss and repeat the whole process. You can do the infinite on pretty much any stage Diddy can only difference is if you are using a dsmash starter it can only be done on FD SV or middle of BF.
Here is an example of it by one of my sparring partners : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCNFzhn6mMg&feature=youtu.be

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
it needs the perfect distance between diddy and zss, otherwise it doesn't work.
if someone could really use this how you say, he really deserves an award.

insomniiac

Smash Cadet
I missed this
K lets discuss why up smash is a really good move.
It shuts down some characters tactics ( a really good example is Game and Watch key spam)
It will also stop sonic's Dair if you dont think you will be able to punish it when he lands.
Up B has no where near the horizontal range as it does. It helps in really interesting situations. But the absolute best thing about it is Up-smash out of shield.
It beats out Up air out of shield sometimes because it will lift characters off the ground (such as a diddy trying to fair into your shield) Making it one of her most proficient punishes. It comes out reasonably quick and launches them into the air and gives you more time to punish than if you did with up tilt.
I do realize if you miss, your kinda boned. Same can be said for Up tilt and grab though.
Try not to randomly use it out of context though. It has very specific match up uses that can condition opponents play styles.
lets not forget that every hit of upsmash refreshes your moves.

C.J.

Smash Master
NR, is it true that Marth beats ZSS +2 if he spaces fair perfectly for 8 minutes straight?

:phone:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I can't figure out what to do against ROB
Like, i'm not even sure what i'm doing wrong, but i got worked vs Stingers and 8Bit, i did SIGNIFICANTLY better with jigglypuff.

Top Bottom