• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Adding to the brief discussion about Genji's human skins

Blizzard's biggest mistake with the character was making the Young Genji skin the canon design instead of Sparrow

I don't even mind the green hair but the colors of the Young Genji skin are such a mess smh Sparrow looks so much more appropriate.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Adding to the brief discussion about Genji's human skins

Blizzard's biggest mistake with the character was making the Young Genji skin the canon design instead of Sparrow

I don't even mind the green hair but the colors of the Young Genji skin are such a mess smh Sparrow looks so much more appropriate.
I think it was to highlight how disinterested, rebellious, and "just a kid" kind of guy he was when it came to the Shimada Clan. He was pretty much murdered for being a lil play boy - so to protect the family's name he had to be killed. It also would've been dangerous to let such an immature person have control over The Shimada Spirit Dragons.

Though I do agree, his alternate version of his young skin is so much better. He's a QT-pie.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I've read a bit of Volume 8 of D-Frag! which I'm really liking so far, very funny series which I recommend anyone to read.

But it got me thinking. What shows or anime would you love to see get a second season or reboot?

My choices have to be D-Frag! (Obviously), Strawberry Panic, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Haruhi Suzumiya.

D-Frag! is a very funny anime imo. Plus it got me into getting the Manga, since I heard that sales for it were about average for it and that I really love this series. But I'd love to see them create a second season for it, I'm currently at the Island Challenge Arc and I'd love to see them animate that arc and the following other chapters too.

Strawberry Panic was one of the first few shows that got me into anime. Along with Trigun and Kannazuki no Miko and it was my first anime I watched Subbed. After reading through the Novel and finishing the anime about twice, it makes me wish that the anime got a reboot. Since the anime is filled with problems, like the ending which I'm not happy with; sure the two love interests do get together, but that's all we know. I like to see a continuation of it, either in the form of a movie, OVA or just an entire reboot which is more accurate to the Novel. While I do like the Novel, oh trust me; that is a cryfest with most of the characters just crying. :V

Girls Monthly Nozaki-kun is hilarious. I think @SBphiloz4 and a few others here including Ffamran Ffamran can attest to that. I'd love to see a second season of this show and it definitely deserves it, I heard sales of it did REALLY well while it was airing. If it does eventually get a second season, that'll be one of the shows I've wished for to have a sequel come true. :yeahboi:

Finally, Haruhi Suzumiya. Hands down, my favourite dubbed anime. Crispin Freeman does a phenomenal job as Kyon, even Wendee Lee voicing Haruhi as well. While we did get a spin-off set in the same reality as the one in the Movie, but focusing more on Nagato instead of Haruhi. I'd like to see a third season or maybe a movie or OVA based on "The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina" done by Kyoto Animation; that would be amazing to witness. Or maybe even a sequel to Haruhi-chan Suzumiya would be great, I'd be fine with either... just don't make anymore Churuya-san. :V

For anime, Kokoro Connect. Haven't watched it yet, but I have a reason for wanting a second season: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...taff-issues-statements-on-performer-treatment.

Basically, idiot company and idiot accomplices pull off an idiotic plan/prank that tarnished Kokoro Connect. As a whole, it is well-received, but as an anime, it's forever associated with a scandal -- light novels are doing fine apparently. Who knows, maybe another season was never planned or the studio does not give a damn and will continue regardless, but there's just that issue of being associated with a scandal and being caught in it -- there were boycotts of the anime and a drop in pre-orders for the physical release. So, I'd like another season and I'd like an apparently good series to continue, but part of me feels like it won't happen unless it's done by another studio and maybe replacements for the voice actors involved in the scandal which could cause other issues. Welp, probably will have to settle for the light novels.

Another one would be Hyouka which thankfully, has no controversies associated with it. Kid Icarus and Star Fox having anime series would be cool. We've tasted the shorts, but to have an entire Kid Icarus and Star Fox anime?

Non-anime: Young Justice. Only watched some of it, but it was a good DC superhero show. Could have been like the 2001 Justice League series, but nope. Apparently, toys weren't selling enough, so there wasn't any funding, and Young Justice ended up being cancelled. At least there were 2 seasons that ended in a flash... Also, Duck Dodgers.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Young Justice was good. At first I thought it was another 'let's take a franchise and use their kids to attract younger audiences' show but it really wasn't. It ended up being more serious than the Justice League show.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Hey gorls. Missed me?

insert "I need to come here more often" comment here

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
> Eddie reminiscing about when he was a kid
> Young enough to not get half the references I make.

Way to make a guy feel old, Eddie.
Technically I'm still a child. What I'm referring to is the time in childhood under 13.
Hey this looks like a cool thread to hang out in. Mind if I stay a while? MK forums are dead and Rosalina is not that lively either, but this looks fun. Zelda is bae after all.
Welcome!
You're in for one hell of a ride
Like, a ride that has been going for almost 3 years at this stage, and it has no signs of ending.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin can we do this pls
RIP books and education.

Young Justice was good. At first I thought it was another 'let's take a franchise and use their kids to attract younger audiences' show but it really wasn't. It ended up being more serious than the Justice League show.
I agree. Young Justice was quite good and entertaining, like a step up from 2000's Teen Titans in terms of seriousness and definitely animation. It truly sucks it will never get a Season 3 for some reason. Maybe it was TOO "mature" for its intended audience?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just playing the Sun & Moon Demo right now. Enjoying it so far. :yeahboi:
Pikachu's got a new evolution. It can evolve into ESAM. :secretkpop:

Plus, I'll be checking on what I have to submit to my University. Hopefully I can get it all done.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just playing the Sun & Moon Demo right now. Enjoying it so far. :yeahboi:
Pikachu's got a new evolution. It can evolve into ESAM. :secretkpop:

Plus, I'll be checking on what I have to submit to my University. Hopefully I can get it all done.

Does Charizard evolve into Introspektive?

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Hey gorls. Missed me?

insert "I need to come here more often" comment here
I missed you more than spaghettios

Maybe it was TOO "mature" for its intended audience?
I think the constantly delayed production schedule was one reason, but the big one that typically gets thrown out for why it was canceled was that it was too popular among girls. Rather, while the show was getting ratings and viewership, main revenue source for a cartoon like that is in it's merchandise so they axed it because "girls don't buy action figures" and moms/aunts/friends don't buy girls action figures.

And that's why we now have Teen Titans Go instead, because mindless surrealism, deformed characters, and slapstick physical comedy is what execs think their desired market solely wants in a cartoon from looking at their other popular shows that began about when Adventure Time came out. I assume selectively ignoring that Adventure Time is a six time emmy winning show, nope it has to be lowest common denominator that made people watch it, not good writing and mature animation models would just be a turn off, etc.

OH MY GOD THE SUN AND MOON STARTERS HAVE FIVE DIFFERENT FINAL EVOLUTIONS EACH
SEVERUS SNAPE IS AN ELITE FOUR MEMBER WHAAAAAAT?

YER A WIZARD, PIKACHU!???11!

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Fml I have to avoid Sun and Moon spoilers for an entire month
I'm gonna cry

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Fml I have to avoid Sun and Moon spoilers for an entire month
I'm gonna cry
I've got a solution; if I desensitize you with fake leaks, you'll be unable to believe any leak at all for the rest of the month.

Charizard now evolves into Wargreymon.

You cousin Roman keeps calling you to go bowling.

There is now a robot cake pokemon named GLaDOS.

If you put your 3DS in the freezer and do the hokey pokey, Ash-Greninja grows a mustache.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I've got a solution; if I desensitize you with fake leaks, you'll be unable to believe any leak at all for the rest of the month.

Charizard now evolves into Wargreymon.

You cousin Roman keeps calling you to go bowling.

There is now a robot cake pokemon named GLaDOS.

If you put your 3DS in the freezer and do the hokey pokey, Ash-Greninja grows a mustache.
Let's test it
Burgundy Burgundy guess if each of these leaks that I totally didn't just make up are true or not.

Contests are back and they're introducing a new event, The Twerk-Off.

Pikachu is in the game.

Partymon is a new Pokémon based on Ke$ha.

Munchlax evolves into Snorlax.

Minior evolves into Majior, with a design based on a college freshman who majored in something he hated.

The champion is BJN's toaster.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Let's test it
Burgundy Burgundy guess if each of these leaks that I totally didn't just make up are true or not.

Pikachu is in the game.

Minior evolves into Majior, with a design based on a college freshman who majored in something he hated.

Way to accidentally spoil everything yew heaux

None of those were fake ones

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Let's test it

Pikachu is in the game.

Fml I'm gonna sue all you heauxs

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Charizard has a new Alolan form that makes it fire/fighting type.

Venusaur and Blastoise have Alolan forms as well. They're also fire/fighting type.

Team Skull was secretly being controlled by a Skuntank, Zubat and Koffing all along.

Miltank also has a Battle Bond ability. It transforms into Whitney-Miltank, and Rollout's power is boosted all the way up to 200 on the first hit.

Some of the game's files show evidence that Gamefreak and IS are collaborating, and that the next Fire Emblem is going to somehow incorporate Pokemon Refresh into its gameplay.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord

Venusaur and Blastoise have Alolan forms as well. They're also fire/fighting type.

Team Skull was secretly being controlled by a Skuntank, Zubat and Koffing all along.

Miltank also has a Battle Bond ability. It transforms into Whitney-Miltank, and Rollout's power is boosted all the way up to 200 on the first hit.

Some of the game's files show evidence that Gamefreak and IS are collaborating, and that the next Fire Emblem is going to somehow incorporate Pokemon Refresh into its gameplay.
I can't tell if your serious or joking goddamn.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605

I'd love a Whitney-Miltank tho.

And for some reason, a FE-Pokémon collab doesn't sound outrageous.
:196:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord

Pretty good compilation so far of good Replays. The last one was just funny though.
PAC-Man is one hell of a character
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Okay, Burgundy, shield your eyes, I actually want to ask a question. Super cereal, not a joke.

Alola Persian looks derpy af. It's like Garfield's cousin after binging on a couple containers of glue. Seriously, what were they thinking?

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
It's impossible to avoid spoilers. Especially if you stick around gaming places. I tried to not get spoiled for Fire Emblem: Shoeless Joe Corrin, but it didn't work.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
PAC-Man is one hell of a character
The funny thing I actually bought a headset from that brand even if it's not quite that one.

On another note

Tfw waiting for Sombra to arrive

Rizen

Smash Legend
At least Majior gains an ability Minior couldn't use called 'booze numbs'. It lowers his accuracy but he doesn't care until the recoil hits the next morning.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
It's impossible to avoid spoilers. Especially if you stick around gaming places. I tried to not get spoiled for Fire Emblem: Shoeless Joe Corrin, but it didn't work.
I can avoid them if I try hard enough
Just gotta stay in the Zelda Social (where you guys will hopefully be nice), and stay off Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch, and Discord
And distract myself from Pokémon until November
;w;
Also yesss I'm home and I can play the demo :'D

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I can avoid them if I try hard enough
Just gotta stay in the Zelda Social (where you guys will hopefully be nice), and stay off Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch, and Discord
And distract myself from Pokémon until November
;w;
Also yesss I'm home and I can play the demo :'D
Sun's hat is black. :secretkpop:

Top Bottom