• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I know about the tournaments there (and I'd really love to attend) but the problem is mainly how I don't have a driver's license (which I need to get soon) and my mom's reluctance to drive somewhere she doesn't know the locations of.
Also, I didn't mean closest (don't know what I was thinking) but I meant most viable since one of my friends said something about taking a couple of people with him to Low Tier City 4.
I get you completely gorl. I've been pushing to go to tournaments since last summer, but the first and only time I've been able to go to a tournament so far has been last month at my college because of my mom's disapproval of me actively doing game-related things and also not having her go out of my way to take me places. If I had my own car and was a bit more consistent with school, maybe things could be different...

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Irish scene is active, but we don't have anything on a regular basis (except maybe XGC locals but that's 2 hours away from me). The North is dead as **** but we take all their money anyways LOL

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Texas is huge, we have tournaments in a lot of places. Cibolo (the location your profile states) is much closer to San Antonio, they have tournaments like crazy there and insanely good players; Megafox, Espy, etc.
http://smashboards.com/threads/san-antonio-smash-4-thread.371315/
http://smashboards.com/forums/tournament-listings.51/?prefix_id=4

First thread is the San Antonio social thread. Second one lists a lot of tournaments taking place in Texas. Additionally, the Ultra Arcade weeklies on Sundays or was it Saturday? And the weeklies at the Anime Shop that escapes my name on Thursday's. Anyways, you should be able to ask on the San Antonio thread for more info. Otherwise, San Marcos, Austin, Waco, RGV, Corpus Christi all host tournaments as well and I'm sure a lot of other cities do.
Locuan, your post plus you ssig is perfect right now.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
:( Have you looked through tournament listings?
Yeah. There's a small weekly in Lewisville, but they don't stream or anything like that. It's also pretty small with ~25 players on average. I like going to Shockwave more though since it's way more populated and hosted by a notable streamer. But at the same time I'm much more relaxed at the 25 player one, so I feel like I play better.

Either way a 1+ hour drive on a school night sucks. I'm hoping I'll have some free time in college to go more often, since I'll be much closer. But "free time" and "college" don't mix well, lol.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Either way a 1+ hour drive on a school night sucks. I'm hoping I'll have some free time in college to go more often, since I'll be much closer. But "free time" and "college" don't mix well, lol.
Depends on the major and where the college is located.

Even then though, there'll always be dorm Smash tournaments and random people playing all the time. That, Halo, and later Tekken were always the big dorm games in my experience, alongside the dance games.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Isn't this just customs?
No, it's a moveset edit that looks pretty much identical to the one I did months ago (which iswas @BJN39's sig)

There aren't any custom Din's that shield break or spike.

Speaking of moveset edits...

I don't think we want to give heavies windboxes on grabs though.

I was wrong this is the best idea ever.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
No, it's a moveset edit that looks pretty much identical to the one I did months ago (which iswas @BJN39's sig)

There aren't any custom Din's that shield break or spike.
I was joking lol. I wish there was a custom Judge that made 9s full screen.

Speaking of moveset edits...

I was wrong this is the best idea ever.
delicious

Sepia_Trace

Smash Cadet
NNID
SepiatoneLie
Omggg has it really been 3 months?!
All my precious replays were destroyed and my compilation was ruined :(( Help me pull through this sisters! haha! c:

Sepia_Trace

Smash Cadet
NNID
SepiatoneLie
It's been so long Sepia! Where' ve you been!? It's been bad here lately, REALLY BAD.

I hope you make it out okay :^)
I don't really know you, but I really like your picture! Is that Mr. Miyagi from the Karate Kid with Jaden Smith? I love that movie! I heard Zelda got buffs, but I only really feel it in the Din's Fire, it's now a really good projectile I think! Were there any other changes?

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I don't really know you, but I really like your picture! Is that Mr. Miyagi from the Karate Kid with Jaden Smith? I love that movie! I heard Zelda got buffs, but I only really feel it in the Din's Fire, it's now a really good projectile I think! Were there any other changes?
Her down tilt now produces enough sparkles to blot out the sun.

It's been banned in Saudi Arabia and Russia for promoting homosexuality and being too fabulous. That might be lifted in Russia though, ever since the huge Panama Papers scandal revealed Vladimir Putin is a life long Zelda main.

Last edited:
Don't worry, I get that a lot :^)

Why yes of course!! lol but his name is Chan Kan Kui

The only buffs here would be
<-- this guy

Sepia_Trace

Smash Cadet
NNID
SepiatoneLie
Her down tilt now produces enough sparkles to blot out the sun.

It's been banned in Saudi Arabia and Russia for promoting homosexuality and being too fabulous. That might lifted in Russia though, ever since the huge Panama Papers scandal revealed Vladimir Putin is a life long Zelda main.
I didn't know it got so political ;-; I didn't even know they had smash brothers in Russia. Guess you learn something new everyday! :)
Don't worry, I get that a lot :^)

Why yes of course!! lol but his name is Chan Kan Kui

The only buffs here would be
<-- this guy
haha :) Classic Grimes!

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
This is Ellen Baker, a fictional English teacher in a REALLY RANDOM Japanese learning textbook
There was a problem fetching the tweet
And now japanese Twitter and pixiv are filled with this girl wtf Japan

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
This is Ellen Baker, a fictional English teacher in a REALLY RANDOM Japanese learning textbook

Yooooo dem last 2 pics tho. She gonna teach you about quality waifus/husbandos AND how to kill OP top tier trash. She is a true sass-sister, I bet.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
I can't keep silent any more.

The buffs were just too much. And this grab range buff?

How can any of you justify this. Shame on you for abusing this tier Goddess.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

That second picture is perfect.

Top Bottom