• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Ready to crack on and do some Uni work today. Just having a think of what I can do for each exercise. And I'll be watching the rest of the S@X Smash 4 Tournament today as well.

Also, @Grimes_. Your avatar is an 8/10. :secretkpop:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I can't keep silent any more.

The buffs were just too much. And this grab range buff?

How can any of you justify this. Shame on you for abusing this tier Goddess.
And on my choice of Greninja alts of all things. Smh

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
This thread was so much better a year ago. Pretty much every new person here annoys me.

How can we make it like it was?
Everytime I come here there's a new person so I never know if I should introduce myself or not, but I never do because I really don't feel like getting to know more people.

At least it's not the Silverwind 2020 guy like holy **** he's horrifying and oblivious.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Possibly thinking of something for University. Got an idea for a comic I can draw for Uni, just going through the concept stages for it. :V

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i guess i'm terrible because i'm a new person :^)

also the silverwind guy pretty much lost any cool points he had as soon it was evident he was a brony tbh

Last edited by a moderator:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I feel like I'm being pranked by @Feelicks because he took my meme but corrupted it with DIRTY TOP TIERS

This is Ellen Baker, a fictional English teacher in a REALLY RANDOM
Japanese learning textbook
There was a problem fetching the tweet
And now japanese Twitter and pixiv are filled with this girl wtf Japan

the op mentions the red sox

this gives me hope for them this season

I still support the Blue Jays more

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like I'm being pranked by @Feelicks because he took my meme but corrupted it with DIRTY TOP TIERS
pls

Brawl Ganon is the definition of dirty. I BET HE DOESN'T EVEN WASH HIS BOOTS OR TAKE A SHOWER. :ganondorf:

all top tiers are squeaky clean and have a g o o d h y g i e n e

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
get the **** out

Melee DK is the lord, the savior, and crusher of fastfallers

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

2001-present: a skilled :roymelee: can beat any :foxmelee:
2015-present: a skilled :4feroy: can beat any :4fox:
proof that melee memes are eternal

get the **** out

Melee DK is the lord, the savior, and crusher of fastfallers
I just put DK's head next to "Melee" because that smirk is ****ing godlike. that's also true though, DK's a hella fun character to watch in Melee

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
2001-present: a skilled :roymelee: can beat any :foxmelee:
2015-present: a skilled :4feroy: can beat any :4fox:
proof that melee memes are eternal

I just put DK's head next to "Melee" because that smirk is ****ing godlike. that's also true though, DK's a hella fun character to watch in Melee
IIRC Roy has a techchase on Fox

So yea one grab is a kill

Last edited:
because roy isn't that bad. Underwhelming, just not terrible.

:150:
to be fair

there are like only 2 truly bad characters in the game. The rest of the ****ty characters are just bad in contrast to the other cast or just cause there has to be someone that needs to occupy the lower spots

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

NOW ALL MY MAINS ARE DIRTY MID TIERS.

to be fair

there are like only 2 truly bad characters in the game. The rest of the ****ty characters are just bad in contrast to the other cast or juts cause there has to be someone that needs to occupy the lower spots
nah, i'd say there's more than 2. :4dedede: is pretty godawful and so is 1111 :4miibrawl:.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
yeah, I know.......but seeing roy in bottom tier just doesn't rub me the right way

no. stay away from me

i'll never ride the ddd awful train

he's ok tbh

>:^(

also, mii brawler isn't a character bro
yeah, I know.......but seeing roy in bottom tier just doesn't rub me the right way

idk. he's only low/bottom tier because of process of elimination

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

no. stay away from me

i'll never ride the ddd awful train

he's ok tbh

>:^(

also, mii brawler isn't a character bro
As somebody who avidly mained him in Brawl and played him in Smash 4 since launch and rode with him until I dropped him a couple months ago, I can literally write you an essay as to why this character is terrible.

and true, Miis don't exist in this meta.. in the US anyway. Europe is smart and for the most part allows full movesets.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
PSA: I will not condone this kind of dragging of Silverwind 2020. Just because we had a disagreement and he wouldn't accept the common opinion doesn't mean we can come in here and say r00d things about him like he can't see it.

Mind you all, these comments will probably end up scaring him off into the skype chat full of Zelda players with very formed negative opinions of all of us, helping nothing.

Last edited:
As somebody who avidly mained him in Brawl and played him in Smash 4 since launch and rode with him until I dropped him a couple months ago, I can literally write you an essay as to why this character is terrible.

and true, Miis don't exist in this meta.. in the US anyway. Europe is smart and for the most part allows full movesets.
actually, i'm interested in what you have to say about d3 so by all means, go ahead :D
I will not condone this kind of dragging of Silverwind 2020. Just because we had a disagreement and he wouldn't accept the common opinion doesn't mean we can come in here and say r00d things about him like he can't see it.

Mind you all, these comments will probably end up scaring him off into the skype chat full of Zelda players with very formed negative opinions of all of us, helping nothing.
go go big sis camilla!!! <3

D

Deleted member

I will not condone this kind of dragging of Silverwind 2020. Just because we had a disagreement and he wouldn't accept the common opinion doesn't mean we can come in here and say r00d things about him like he can't see it.

ok, sorry. I was being an arse, I won't talk about him anymore.

is the Zelda Skype chat really that bad? I keep hearing horror stories about it and I don't really wanna know for myself.

i deal with the same thing. I get triggered when people call :4palutena: bottom tier when her results are far better than what her theory would suggest, but that's for another day lol

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
D

Deleted member

actually, i'm interested in what you have to say about d3 so by all means, go ahead :D
a'ight lessss gooooo

Dedede's biggest flaw is that almost everything he has actively works against him. He has some of the outright worst mobility in the game (one of the slowest dash speeds, the slowest air speed in the game which got nerfed in 1.1.4), poor frame data, and his fastfall speed (2nd fastest in the game) despite it assisting him in giving him the best vertical endurance in the game, compounds him by making him probably the easiest character in the game to combo due to his large size and heavy weight, making it very difficult to escape juggles in general. He has the problem among heavies of struggling to land, but he does have multijumps to somewhat help him in that regard.

Dedede's neutral is well... really bad. It's bottom 5 if I had somebody to ask. His complete lack of burst mobility options (even though :4ganondorf: has worse range and is slower than him, he has dash attack, wizkick and flame choke to help all give him better options in neutral and reach the opponent better than Dedede can, and generally a higher damage output and reward on hit) means he has a hard time approaching, especially with his horrible air mobility. Even though his range is threatening at first glance, the only real solid poke he has in neutral is ftilt. Dedede is one of the most unsafe on shield characters in the game. Unless he lands a properly spaced bair or an fsmash on shield, he's going to suffer varying degrees of punishment for it. Some of his moves have wonky hitboxes. Up smash, forward air and back air all have hitboxes that don't match the animation, and dtilt lacks a hitbox in front of him.

Unlike every other heavy, he actually struggles taking off stocks due to his lack of kill confirms or a safe, fast KO move. His down throw led into up air at KO percents pre-1.0.4, but it was removed. Let me put this in perspective for KO confirms for each superheavy:
  • :4dk:'s safe KO options are bair, dsmash, and back throw. Kill confirm? Ding-dong.
  • :4bowser:'s safe KO options are ftilt, dtilt or fthrow/bhrow. Utilt at high percents. Kill confirm? Shellshock.
  • :4ganondorf:'s safe KO options are bair and ftilt and dtilt (I don't really play Ganon so somebody please clear this up). Kill confirm? Sour dash attack into up air.
  • :4charizard:'s safe KO options are ftilt, bair and usmash. Doesn't have a kill confirm, but dthrow -> uair has a tight window and he has the second-strongest up throw in the game.
  • Meanwhile, :4dedede:'s fthrow and bthrow cannot kill until near 200% unless you got Rage or if your opponent has **** DI or if they have light weight. Down smash is unsafe on shield, and bair has a good amount of startup even if it ACs out of a shorthop. Up smash, dash attack and forward smash are laggy as hell, and none of his tilts kill except up tilt until around 160-170%.
Remember when I talked about Dedede's tools and character build working against him? I forgot to talk about Gordos. The idea behind them is smart. A projectile that can be used for stage control, setting up combos and KOing at higher percents. Them being able to be reflected isn't a bad idea either, but good lord it was executed terribly. 2% is far too low of a threshold for them to be knocked back. The main issue is that with Gordo-pong, the opponent doesn't have to commit at all and Dedede is punished severely for using his only theoretical option for making opponents approach him. Therefore he lacks any solid mixups to use against opponents, and Inhale's so laggy and the windbox is so small that he can be punished by somebody jumping over him and hitting him even if he makes the right read.

Dedede has little to counteract very patient, defensive or lame play, ESPECIALLY if the opponent actually knows the matchup. Dedede definitely has a girth (ohoho) of high level results, 25th at BEAST 6, 49th at G3, 33rd at Dismantle 2, 17th at Midwest Mayhem, 17th at Paragon LA 2015, but they can all for the most part be attributed to most people not having any damn idea how to fight this character. Dedede may be popular in lower levels of play, but at mid to high level he's a rare character to face in bracket especially if it's a dedicated main on the level of Big D.

tl;dr Dedede is bad because of a near nonexistent approach and a poor neutral, movement options, frame data, safety on shield and projectile, along with being easy to lame out. Pretty much the only reason he gets any success in competitive play is because of large amounts of MU inexperience among top players. @FullMoon and many other people on these boards have had a scenario where their scene has a really good Dedede, they run into them for the first time and get messed up, then they learn the matchup and end up bopping them. It's true.

Top Bottom