• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Who was spreading false information here tho
My biggest issue with Game Grumps is that the chemistry is completely down the sh*tter.

Discussions between Jon and Arin:
Arin: -statement-
Jon: -disagreement-
Both: -entertaining discussion-

Discussions between Arin and Dan
Arin: -statement-
Dan: "Yeah."
You know this is a lie. Or maybe an extreme exaggeration from your point of view.

Dan and Arin are almost like a couple. You may not find them very entertaining or funny together but they are constantly bouncing off one another and you tell that they are genuinely friends.

Also they take every opportunity to go into philosophy about things. Danny will ask a question and thenArin will give a terrible answer off the top of his head and then Danny will question that and then Arin will actually think about it for a second and mostly agree with Dan and then Dan will tell us all to do something awful and then it is next time for Game Grumps. The show rarely stops rolling:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
You know this is a lie. Or maybe an extreme exaggeration from your point of view.

Dan and Arin are almost like a couple. You may not find them very entertaining or funny together but they are constantly bouncing off one another and you tell that they are genuinely friends.

Also they take every opportunity to go into philosophy about things. Danny will ask a question and thenArin will give a terrible answer off the top of his head and then Danny will question that and then Arin will actually think about it for a second and mostly agree with Dan and then Dan will tell us all to do something awful and then it is next time for Game Grumps. The show rarely stops rolling:
You're surprisingly spot on for a turtle.
Arin and Jon are like best friends. They constantly argue while still joking around and it always feels like we're watching some TV show where Jon just shows up to play video games with his best friend Arin.
Then, like you said, Dan and Arin are a couple. They're more of a peaceful bunch together, aside from when Arin gets tortured by poor game design (Sonic Adventure and Ross's Mario Maker levels) which results in Dan having seemingly endless fits of laughter from Arin's anger. And I feel like the two of them together achieve what the intro says:
Arin: Hey I'm Grump
Dan: I'm not so Grump.
Jon felt like a 'I'm Grump" even though he wasn't supposed to be.
Okay, that thumbnail is just ZeRo making fun of us, I swear.

Last edited:

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97

They can be genuinely funny, but Dan and Arin barely hold any discussions like Jon and Arin did back then, which were genuinely entertaining. It was the bouncing off of each other and that.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
They can be genuinely funny, but Dan and Arin barely hold any discussions like Jon and Arin did back then, which were genuinely entertaining. It was the bouncing off of each other and that.
I agree that they are not the same as Arin and Jon. But that's to be expected.

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
I agree that they are not the same as Arin and Jon. But that's to be expected.
Well that's all I said. I may have worded it wrong, I should have said the chemistry during discussions, but I wasn't spreading misinformation. Danny doesn't really say anything but agree with Arin and that's not as entertaining. The rest is still pretty funny. I like watching the best offs.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Good joke. Half the comment section craps on Arin's opinions daily, no matter if it's a normal or Bizzare opinion.
And I wouldn't call the fanbase awful, not at all. The comment sections full of jokers and I love them.
Yes but when people do disagree on his opinions, there's sure to be a bunch of people who treat them like dirt. And vice versa. Both sides can be pretty bad.
I know it's not like this all the time though. It can get pretty funny sometimes. But there a lot of people who like to put Arin on a pedestal and it annoys me.

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
Arin playing OoT was terrible to watch and if you think "oh he's just doing his thing" you need to remember that the same guy blames the game for his mistakes.
Always makes me think of this:

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Well that's all I said. I may have worded it wrong, I should have said the chemistry during discussions, but I wasn't spreading misinformation. Danny doesn't really say anything but agree with Arin and that's not as entertaining. The rest is still pretty funny. I like watching the best offs.
I think it's just more of the topics that they talk on are completely different. Dan hasn't been in the video game playin biz as long so he just has different things to talk about.

game grumps? i trust mah man dunkey when it comes to these guys. these guys are more like game chumps. zero effort in all their videos. 0/5

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
game grumps? i trust mah man dunkey when it comes to these guys. these guys are more like game chumps. zero effort in all their videos. 0/5
I love Dunkey. And I love Game Chumps. I hope they do a bideo together one day.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
don't think game chumps are interested with collaborating with dunkey because he's black
idk he has this new series called League of Legends that he's been playing a lot of. They could play together because they all love that game.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Lucina is as good as Marth
ZSS is not top ten
Lucairo is 12th, insane but what's more is that the footage shows a Rosalina SD'ing, boding the Luciaio to 120% last stock while only taking around 60%, then a Aura Sphere charge to UpSmash kills at 80%. What an awful design for a character.
Cloud isn't Top 5 (I know I said 4BR was stupid for putting Cloud as 2nd, but I do think he's Top 5)
Ryu is Top 3
Sonic....
He's Top 2. I mean, just look at all those tournament wins!
And Rosalina and Luma, the 4th lightest character in the game, the character that loses half it's character in 3 hits (Reminder that Luma can't even shield) and has an unprotected recovery is number one.
Oh my God, I think ESAM actually might have a better one.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So now that we know what ZeRo's Tier List is. I'll post the entire list right here. And even though he put two characters together, I'll be separating them, as I do see them as individual characters.

Top Tier:
#1 :rosalina: #2 :4sonic: #3 :4ryu: #4 :4sheik: #5 :4fox: #6 :4cloud: #7 :4mario: #8 :4diddy: #9 :4bayonetta: #10 :4mewtwo: #11 :4zss: #12 :4lucario: #13 :4marth: #14 :4lucina:
High Tier:
#15 :4metaknight: #16 :4villager: #17 :4corrinf: #18 :4pikachu: #19 :4megaman: #20 :4ness: #21 :4tlink:
Upper Tier:
#22 :4olimar: #23 :4greninja: #24 :4pit: #25 :4darkpit: #26 :4yoshi: #27 :4peach: #28 :4lucas: #29 :4falcon: #30 :4robinm: #31 :4rob: #32 :4luigi: #33 :4dk: #34 :4bowser: #35 :4shulk:
Mid Tier:
#36 :4drmario: #37 :4charizard: #38 :4kirby: #39 :4gaw: #40 :4myfriends: #41 :4palutena: #42 :4duckhunt: #43 :4wiifit: #44 :4wario: #45 :4pacman: #46 :4feroy: #47 :4falco:
Low Tier:
#48 :4link: #49 :4samus: #50 :4littlemac: #51 :4bowserjr: #52 :4dedede: #53 :4miibrawl:
Bottom Tier:
#54 :4ganondorf: #55 :4miigun: #56 :4zelda: #57 :4jigglypuff: #58 :4miisword:

So that's the entirety of ZeRo's Tier List. I'm just surprised that he put Lucina so high on the list. :V

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
So now that we know what ZeRo's Tier List is. I'll post the entire list right here. And even though he put two characters together, I'll be separating them, as I do see them as individual characters.

Top Tier:
#1 :rosalina: #2 :4sonic: #3 :4ryu: #4 :4sheik: #5 :4fox: #6 :4cloud: #7 :4mario: #8 :4diddy: #9 :4bayonetta: #10 :4mewtwo: #11 :4zss: #12 :4lucario: #13 :4marth: #14 :4lucina:
High Tier:
#15 :4metaknight: #16 :4villager: #17 :4corrinf: #18 :4pikachu: #19 :4megaman: #20 :4ness: #21 :4tlink:
Upper Tier:
#22 :4olimar: #23 :4greninja: #24 :4pit: #25 :4darkpit: #26 :4yoshi: #27 :4peach: #28 :4lucas: #29 :4falcon: #30 :4robinm: #31 :4rob: #32 :4luigi: #33 :4dk: #34 :4bowser: #35 :4shulk:
Mid Tier:
#36 :4drmario: #37 :4charizard: #38 :4kirby: #39 :4gaw: #40 :4myfriends: #41 :4palutena: #42 :4duckhunt: #43 :4wiifit: #44 :4wario: #45 :4pacman: #46 :4feroy: #47 :4falco:
Low Tier:
#48 :4link: #49 :4samus: #50 :4littlemac: #51 :4bowserjr: #52 :4dedede: #53 :4miibrawl:
Bottom Tier:

So that's the entirety of ZeRo's Tier List. I'm just surprised that he put Lucina so high on the list. :V
Inb4 this is used in guantanamo bay

idk he has this new series called League of Legends that he's been playing a lot of. They could play together because they all love that game.
sonic 06 sounds like a better a idea tbqh

Top Tier:
High Tier:
Upper Tier:
Mid Tier:
Low Tier:
Bottom Tier:

5/10

not bad

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Wow, you gorls had me wake up to 2 new pages. First time in a while.
Good job.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Ryu at 3rd, Diddy at 7th. Lol.

Zero's explanation for why Lucina is attached to Marth is completely illogical. Just because a few top Marth players have told him that Lucina is a good character to utilize against a few match-ups where Marth's weaker kill power is a hindrance doesn't mean the two should be attached at the hip on a tier list.

Lucina is her own character, a clone, with nowhere near the tournament success as the rest of the cast in Zero's top and high tiers. At the most, she can complement Marth as a secondary. But that does not make her deserving of his same spot.

I agree wholeheartedly with Sonic's placement. Sonic is tremendously underrated compared to characters like Cloud, Mario, and Diddy. He's quite stupid good.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Ryu at 3rd, Diddy at 7th. Lol.

Zero's explanation for why Lucina is attached to Marth is completely illogical. Just because a few top Marth players have told him that Lucina is a good character to utilize against a few match-ups where Marth's weaker kill power is a hindrance doesn't mean the two should be attached at the hip on a tier list.

Lucina is her own character, a clone, with nowhere near the tournament success as the rest of the cast in Zero's top and high tiers. At the most, she can complement Marth as a secondary. But that does not make her deserving of his same spot.

I agree wholeheartedly with Sonic's placement. Sonic is tremendously underrated compared to characters like Cloud, Mario, and Diddy. He's quite stupid good.
Where would you put Lucina in your Tier List?

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
His reasoning behind Lucina being on the same spot is so damn stupid holy sh*t

"If you play one you gotta play the other, certain matchups are better for one etc etc"

What the hell

Might as well put every character in one spot because "well u cant beat all w/ one so you gotta have pockets duuuuuh"

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Certainly not next to Marth. Like which homie out there bodied Zero with Lucina in a friendly. Stand up, identify yourself.

At the very, very best, Lucina's high-mid.
That sounds very reasonable. I also see Lucina being around the high-mid area. Marth I can always see being High Tier, that is for sure.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Wow, you gorls had me wake up to 2 new pages. First time in a while.
Good job.
Good morning sis :estatic:
I've been meaning to ask, what do you think of the new HW characters?
Toon Zelda is fun for crowds, and she's not bad with captains either. The Sand Wand is super fun but it's very slow compared to the Light Sword, and its regular string is pretty weak (though I've only just gotten the Tier 2, maybe it'll get better soon).

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Good morning sis :estatic:
I've been meaning to ask, what do you think of the new HW characters?
Toon Zelda is fun for crowds, and she's not bad with captains either. The Sand Wand is super fun but it's very slow compared to the Light Sword, and its regular string is pretty weak (though I've only just gotten the Tier 2, maybe it'll get better soon).
I haven't touched the Sand Wand since Thursday. I played some of the later levels and even at level 255 with a Tier 3, I did virtually no damage except with C4 and 5. It feels like a chore to play tbh
BUT TOON ZELDA JUST KEEPS ON GETTING BETTER AND BETTER. JUST FOUND OUT SHE DESTROYS GIANT BOSSES WITH HASTY AND THAT WAS HER ONLY FLAW, NOW SHE'S FLAWLESS. TOON LINK WAS MY FAVORITE LIGHT CHARACTER BUT HMMMM HE'S GOT SOME COMPETITION NOW AND IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE HE'S GOING TO WIN.
So yah I like the new DLC.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
ZeRo didn't say Lucina is as "good" as Marth, he just said that if you main one, you have no reason not to use the other. In that sense, he's treating Lucina more like an extension of Marth than as a separate character.

I actually liked ZeRo's tier list. You might mock him for some of his picks, but that's what's bound to happen when you say "this character is underrated" or "this character is overrated". But with 50+ characters in the game, it's pretty much impossible to agree on everything.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I don't know what I disagree more with, with merging Marth and Lucina, or placing Lucina in Bottom 10 "because Marth exists".

His list is terrible, his explanations are terrible, and he's seriously underselling his own characters.
:196:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
ZeRo didn't say Lucina is as "good" as Marth, he just said that if you main one, you have no reason not to use the other. In that sense, he's treating Lucina more like an extension of Marth than as a separate character.

I actually liked ZeRo's tier list. You might mock him for some of his picks, but that's what's bound to happen when you say "this character is underrated" or "this character is overrated". But with 50+ characters in the game, it's pretty much impossible to agree on everything.
It's kinda funny that I main Lucina, but I don't play Marth. :V

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I haven't touched the Sand Wand since Thursday. I played some of the later levels and even at level 255 with a Tier 3, I did virtually no damage except with C4 and 5. It feels like a chore to play tbh
BUT TOON ZELDA JUST KEEPS ON GETTING BETTER AND BETTER. JUST FOUND OUT SHE DESTROYS GIANT BOSSES WITH HASTY AND THAT WAS HER ONLY FLAW, NOW SHE'S FLAWLESS. TOON LINK WAS MY FAVORITE LIGHT CHARACTER BUT HMMMM HE'S GOT SOME COMPETITION NOW AND IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE HE'S GOING TO WIN.
So yah I like the new DLC.
Hehe ^^
It's a shame Sand Wand does such mediocre damage, it's a really cool choice and I love running over enemies with a train
And yea Toon Zelda is kinda crazy
What the hell is wrong with Toon Zelda's lips?

Did the Toon character ever even have lips?
I've noticed that too. Her lipstick really sticks out here ;0

One thing that bugs me though is that all of her Menu icons, sprites, and portraits show Toon Zelda's face, even though you're always playing as a phantom. Even for the attacks where she leaves the phantom, she's light blue to symbolize that she's a spirit
I guess it's just in case they ever decide to give her another weapon in the future, but it really bugs me sometimes.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Personally the worst comment I've read on YouTube stuck in my head because it was actually hilarious in it's terribleness
"Hyuga (Christian MEDINA) harasses vikkitty Yep, sounds extremely Moslem"
I think you see at I mean.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
@BJN39 wait
Xyro = Fujin
what
I
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

explain
I am not Fujin

There was some explanation (iirc Xyro and Fujin know each other and Xyro had been on Fujin's IP at one point) I know they are not the same person because KayLo and I draggeT ha with data in the Brawl Zelda social as Fujin cheered on.

It was an argument over Brawl FAir/BAir being identical or not (read: they have several differences)

Also

Irrelevina

Just days before Zelda's SSB4 reveal.

Lmao Rosahag.
Yeah. Yall refused to see that fair/bair are the same

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
OH

This gorl got a shovel and dug up some insanely deep feud!!

What's nexT?!

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Meanwhile, at the Zelda discord
Meanwhile, at the Melee scriptwriters meeting
Meanwhile, at Leffen's house after finding out he's not allowed to go to EVO
Meanwhile, in Dabuz's mind
Meanwhile, at Sora, Sakurai is designing Cloud
Meanwhile, at King Dedede's patch history
Meanwhile, at Ross's mind making Mario Maker levels
Meanwhile, at Tumblr
Meanwhile, at *Insert controversial drama channel here*
Any more ideas?

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
Well Zelda and Sheik are technically the same, so you gotta main both. Zelda top 5.

Top Bottom