• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
I mean he's sort of right.

If the majority in here were bronies I wouldn't set foot in here.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I used to watch MLP although I was never that much of a fan of it. I think I stopped watching somewhere around season 3? I mostly watched it because I didn't have much else to do.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
That's not a very kawaii-desu thing of you to say, ElderLolz-chan.

It's not nice to imply all otakus are weebs, Nya~ :3

I'm not an otaku or weeb though, I'm just a dork.
Joke or not, this is still me right now:
2016-09-04 02.19.27.jpg

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Have a friend who is/was(?) a brony. He really liked the show, I never got the appeal honestly, but I could see how it could be nostalgic because it is apparently similar to Powerpuff Girls. And I dig me some Powerpuff Girls.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I used to be a huge MLP fan, even though I never liked the fandom much, it used to have so many good things about them, a lot of good music, videos and fanart popped out everywhere, so in general, the pros outweighed the cons and that kept me hooked into it for a while.
But as the time passed, the fever went down, a lot of good people left the fandom and a lot of the people left were either diehards or the basement freaks who did nothing but spread toxicity.
And on top of that the show's overall quality started to drop, so I guess that was a huge factor too (it is not necessarily bad, it's just not as good as it used to be, just like the fandom).
I still like the show and will immensely recommend anyone to watch at least the first 3 seasons.
:196:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I really hate being a part of the Fire Emblem fandom for a number of reasons right now.

I don't feel comfortable playing or even talking about that game in public anymore.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
What I've learned about present day fandoms:

Step 1) Enjoy the show on it's own merits
Step 2) Stay the flying **** off tumblr

I really hate being a part of the Fire Emblem fandom for a number of reasons right now.

I don't feel comfortable playing or even talking about that game in public anymore.
What makes you uncomfortable about playing your medieval eugenics simulator in public?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Gonna be proceeding with the third part of my essay. And hopefully get that done, and then rework my assignment from before and get it all fixed up for my portfolio. The 3rd part of the essay is about the learning journey I had and what I would do with the stuff I learned during my time on the course.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I can smash friendlies if anyone wants? I want to screw around with miis and new characters.

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97

Ever since Awakening the FE fandom turned into this weird amalgamation of people that only care about their waifus/husbandos, tamer weebs and people that still just like the series.

Or all three combined. And then there's Etika with his red Robin/Corrin foot fetish.

One thing is for sure though, Fates' "improved" touch-your-waifu feature and more questionable character designs did not help. At all.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Funny that I've never finished a Fire Emblem game. Got up to Chapter 20 of Awakening, gotten to the final dungeon in Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and I think around Chapter 21 or 22 of Birthright.

Edit, I'm liking Game Grumps but they don't seem to finish games do they? :ohwell:
Game Grumps do finish some games. They finished Super Mario Galaxy, FireRed, Bloodborne, Shantae and so on. But there are games that they just never finish or just ragequit on. Some being Sonic 06, Arin rage quitting on Sonic & The Black Knight (And him raging at the people who actually like the game), Monopoly for the SNES, and Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Funny that I've never finished a Fire Emblem game. Got up to Chapter 20 of Awakening, gotten to the final dungeon in Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and I think around Chapter 21 or 22 of Birthright.

Game Grumps do finish some games. They finished Super Mario Galaxy, FireRed, Bloodborne, Shantae and so on. But there are games that they just never finish or just ragequit on. Some being Sonic 06, Arin rage quitting on Sonic & The Black Knight (And him raging at the people who actually like the game), Monopoly for the SNES, and Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom.
I wish they'd finish LoZ:ALBW and Endless Ocean 2; that LP was freaking hilarious!

wait...

Last edited:

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
Game Grumps has become incredibly mediocre over the last year or two. Real shame, I used to watch them a lot.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Dan has thumb problems apparently. I'd be surprised if they quit it because of that however
I forgot he had astronomically large thumbs, poor Dan. Also, if there was ever one game I'd love to see them play it would have to be Grandia, since that is one game that I hold good memories of.

Game Grumps has become incredibly mediocre over the last year or two. Real shame, I used to watch them a lot.
I can see that. I've either just stopped watching a series they're playing, or just don't see as that interesting. I think I got to about episode 20 of their Mario Galaxy playthrough and just stopped. Their Overwatch videos I don't even watch, since I don't even care about that series. But some of them I do manage to go through are pretty good.

Last edited:

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
What I find the worst right now is all the advertising they do before a video starts or whatever which really shows Arin's hypocrisy as long as he can earn money. I'll never forget that one time Arin said something along the lines of "I hate it when two pop culture things combine just to sell merch" and one day they advertise a shirt which is a combination of RUN DMC and DBZ, aka two pop culture things combining to sell merch.

R.I.P. Egoraptor as an animator. I mean now channels like DYKG don't even refer to him as Egoraptor, no, it's just Arin from Game Grumps. He has given up on animating.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Honestly, they used to be really unfunny to me 3 months ago. Dark Souls 3 made Hungrybox the peoples champ by comparison.
The line out right now is decent though. Pepsiman was great, Deadly Prominiton is really good and Grump Dream Course is pretty bad. It's okay.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What I find the worst right now is all the advertising they do before a video starts or whatever which really shows Arin's hypocrisy as long as he can earn money. I'll never forget that one time Arin said something along the lines of "I hate it when two pop culture things combine just to sell merch" and one day they advertise a shirt which is a combination of RUN DMC and DBZ, aka two pop culture things combining to sell merch.

R.I.P. Egoraptor as an animator. I mean now channels like DYKG don't even refer to him as Egoraptor, no, it's just Arin from Game Grumps. He has given up on animating.
Definitely. This is why I see Arin/Egoraptor as the Worst Grump out of the Game Grumps.

It's weird knowing that Game Grumps is a thing.

I still remember when Egoraptor was releasing the Awesome series over on Newgrounds and stuff.
I do too. But it's a shame that he's just given up on what he loved to do just to ramble about anything. And to trash talk Sonic. :V

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'd easily say my favourite Grumps are Danny, Barry and Ross. Brian is enjoyable to hear as well.

Brian's basically a dad that tries to be cool. :yeahboi:
Ross used to be annoying, but now he's very likeable and has fun stuff to talk about.
Danny is like a teddy bear. God damn, there are times I wanna hug him.
Barry is great as well. That Kermit voice of his is grandeous.

I will admit, the best series imo was the Pokemon Art Academy series. It was so peaceful and relaxing, it was like listening to a podcast.

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
My biggest issue with Game Grumps is that the chemistry is completely down the sh*tter.

Discussions between Jon and Arin:
Arin: -statement-
Jon: -disagreement-
Both: -entertaining discussion-

Discussions between Arin and Dan
Arin: -statement-
Dan: "Yeah."

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I'd easily say my favourite Grumps are Danny, Barry and Ross. Brian is enjoyable to hear as well.

Brian's basically a dad that tries to be cool. :yeahboi:
Ross used to be annoying, but now he's very likeable and has fun stuff to talk about.
Danny is like a teddy bear. God damn, there are times I wanna hug him.
Barry is great as well. That Kermit voice of his is grandeous.

I will admit, the best series imo was the Pokemon Art Academy series. It was so peaceful and relaxing, it was like listening to a podcast.
One of the most unnoticed things in GG history is how better Ross has gotten over time. Like go back to the first Steam Train episode to see what I mean.
I personally think Barry is overrated in humour, but he has fantastic voices and it's good to see someone who has adequate skill at video games at the show. Genocide Undertale would still be a series without him.
Dan is fantastic.
I mean, Brian is great mainly because of the jokes that he unintentionally spawned that are still joked about today in the comment section.
He also has a Ph.D
I personally think their best series was Sonic Adventure. It was a pretty good series, and then THIS happened

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
When I do eventually sell my PS3 and games at the video game store I plan on going to. I might pre-order Pokemon Sun and Moon and ask if they can be delivered to my home address when they come out. And if I got any leftover, I might have a look at the amiibo or any of the other Nintendo games to see what else they got.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Hmm GameGrumps
Everyone's pretty okay I guess
Dan is adorable, Barry is a teddy bear, Ross is also adorable, Kevin is Barry's adorable apprentice, Arin has plenty of funny moments, and Suzy is adorable as well.
Basically they're all adorable and funny
I just wish the awful fanbase didn't accept Arin's opinions as fact. Prime example is Sonic games.
Arin looooves to **** on them, and the fans agree completely out of loyalty. It's very annoying. When they played Sonic and the Black Knight (which they stopped, then brought back, but STILL DIDNT BEAT IT. smh), every single comments section was basically
a.) a war between people who like the Sonic games, people who don't like the sonic games, and people who've never played a sonic game so they think Arin's terrible gameplay is a good showcase of the game
b.) people complaining about people fighting.
Plus when he does play a sonic game, he plays the bad/mediocre/hasn't aged well games. Sonic 06, a game riddled with bugs and criticism, Sonic Adventure, a great and nostalgic game that is hindered by its graphics not aging well, and Black Knight, which completely changed how Sonic plays and featured motion controls
All Arin ever does is look at what Sonic did bad, which is so annoying to me. I wish they would play some of the classics, or Colors, or Generations
But nope we'll probably see Secret Rings next lmao

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
I'll be very, very, VERY honest.

Suzy is not funny at all. She's not nearly as humorous as everyone else. After insulting the fanbase she just left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Worst part was is that she noticed all the comments complaining about her not being that funny in a constructive way and she took it to tumblr. How does she react to it?

By calling them sexist. She didn't consider anything what they said as critisism, nope. She just outright called their opinion sexist.

Now this wouldn't be as bad if SHE WOULDN'T MAKE ADS FOR SHADMAN'S SHIRTS. FKING SHADMAN.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Why did this social just become the Game Grumps YouTube comment section?

You gorls are being unfair to the show. Like it or dislike it, but don't just spread false information about it.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I'll be very, very, VERY honest.

Suzy is not funny at all. She's not nearly as humorous as everyone else.
From my experience, that's the ONLY opinion yew can express on the Internet and not get hate. AT ALL.
I just wish the awful fanbase didn't accept Arin's opinions as fact.
Good joke. Half the comment section craps on Arin's opinions daily, no matter if it's a normal or Bizzare opinion.
And I wouldn't call the fanbase awful, not at all. The comment sections full of jokers and I love them.
Why did this social just become the Game Grumps YouTube comment section?

You gorls are being unfair to the show. Like it or dislike it, but don't just spread false information about it.
Exactly.

this is still the greatest thing they've ever created.

:150:
I'm personally not a fan of intentionally bad acting, but I can see why people would like it.

Top Bottom