• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"YOU GOT NO STYLE!" The Anthony Higgs 4 Smash Thread! Remember him?

D

Deleted member

What a surprise that it was Diddy who made this thread /sarcasm
Remember me? Probably not, because just like Anthony never appeared in any Metroid game aside from OM, we never officialy met before
Anyway, since you even made the job to go to the Ridley thread, I decided to make a visit here *evily laughs*

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I'd like Anthony, pretty much the only redeeming factor of Other M. He won't get in over Ridley, but if both get in I would be ecstatic.

D

Deleted member

Had to do a school project, so I didn't have time to ask what I wanted, give me one reason for you to think that Anthony has a chance of appearing even as an Assist Trophy

Maikou

Smash Ace
He's an awesome character, he's very very much unique from the rest of Nintendo's cast, he's helped Samus, and is one of the few people who have survived a fight with Ridley and probably could do it again if he wasn't lugging around that darn oversized Plasma Gun. that's about 4 good reasons to include him as at least an AT. the only biased one here is the first, but I don't think TOO many will disagree.....given that aren't too busy being stupid whiny haters about Other M.......

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
A lot of people dislike Other M because it went in a different direction than the rest of the series (putting it softly, never played so don't have an i opinion either way), but most people like Anthony despite their misgivings with the game itself, some even saying that he's the only good thing about it, like above.

Anthony has a cult following, he's a reasonably well-liked character from a series that's under-represented, and if push comes to shove, he is very easy to add into the game as a semi-clone of Samus, and unlike most character this is neither out of place for him nor would it - and he - be largely rejected by Metroid fans (assuming Ridley gets in too, of course; if not there'd understandably be riots from everybody).

Metroid already has three confirmed AT's, so I don't think Anthony is coming in as one. He's either an unlockable character, possible DLC later on, appears as a trophy, or not at all. But if Sakurai wanted to puff up the roster last-minute with semi-clones (which I expect he would it it gets delayed, as happened with Brawl), Anthony is actually very likely to be one of the ones included in that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He's an awesome character, he's very very much unique from the rest of Nintendo's cast, he's helped Samus, and is one of the few people who have survived a fight with Ridley and probably could do it again if he wasn't lugging around that darn oversized Plasma Gun. that's about 4 good reasons to include him as at least an AT. the only biased one here is the first, but I don't think TOO many will disagree.....given that aren't too busy being stupid whiny haters about Other M.......
1-He isn't that cool, the entire game the reason he is there is for being the only nice person with her
2-Unique in what? I'm pretty sure any Hunter or Boss from Metroid is more unique than a guy wearing a Galactic Federation suit
3-And SA-X did, the Baby Metroid, Adam also did it, and I'm pretty sure that someone from the Prime series has helped her too(never played them)
4-He only survived because there was a random monster that he could freeze and Ridley was too busy with Samus
5-Adding this one because: he has appeared in one Metroid game to date, the worst of them, don't even try to counter that, it's a fact

Maikou

Smash Ace
1: Didn't I mention my own bias on that one? or did you not read the whole thing?
2: I meant unique IN CHARACTER. plus he's dark-skinned. not many video game protagonists are shown to be dark-skinned.
3: SA-X only helped because the Omega Metroid was the much larger threat at the time.
4: Pretty sure with the insane physics of Nintendo Logic he could've easily frozen the lava under him for a very short lived platform anyway. besides that I said he would've survived anyway if he wasn't lugging around that giant Plasma Cannon on his back, and also if it didn't take "forever" to charge.
5: There is no such thing as "worst game of series" unless it's actually a horrible horrible game. while nobody but me seems to like the story, You cannot say that gameplay, with a few tweaks here and there, (and a usable control stick instead of lousy 8-way D-Pad) was really all that terrible. besides that fact, Samus can literally tear the wings off of an oversized bug-type enemy in that game. you cannot say that isn't awesome in at least SOMEBODY's book. I happen to like the stories in a lot of games others seem to hate. I can't really see why everyone hate Other M. I'd love to clear up the story for you, but this isn't the place to do it.
6: Let's just stop this right here right now, I do NOT feel like getting into another argument with somebody on here, especially not today.

D

Deleted member

2: I meant unique IN CHARACTER. plus he's dark-skinned. not many video game protagonists are shown to be dark-skinned.
Woah, stop there this is racism! But seriously, he isn't the protagonist, and don't know what it would bring in uniqueness, we have Dark Link after all :troll: I can understand female and villain characters, but based on color skin, then just put Wonder-Black :troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
Racial diversity for Smash!!
Smash: Affirmative Action Edition.

That being said, I agree. I am all for diversity, more females, more villains, and more racial diversity. Ganondorf is my main man; I don't even know what race he is... wait... I got this... he is Gerudo. :denzel:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I liked a great deal about Other M to. But I won't say it didn't have it's flaws. Overall, I liked it for it's quick and smooth gameplay. Wouldn't mind another Metroid in this direction AT ALL!

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I read this entire thread waaay before I made an account here, I immediately wanted him in Smash after playing Other M. Count me as a supporter.
Also, to bring one random new point in his favor:

Arena Ferox is a Fire Emblem stage. Chrom, the character most people expected, fought Lucina there and won. Lucina became the newcomer.
Pyrosphere is a Metroid stage. Ridley, the character most people expect, fought Anthony there and won. and... :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That's a nice way to think about it! And yes, I would still love to see Anthony Higgs make it in playable. But I kinda lost hope myself after the reveal of Gunner Mii... Which, rest assured, I will create one in Anthony Higgs' name.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pyrosphere is a Metroid stage. Ridley, the character most people expect, fought Anthony there and won. and... :awesome:
Not to poop on Anthony in his own thread, but Anthony actually lost that battle and was presumed dead until the end.

Supporting him because he's probably the only character in Other M I could stand

Pretty much every character in Other M was so uninteresting or cringe worthy. Don't even get me started on Samus.... Or Ridley. Technically, I couldn't stand him because of how he looks. I know that's not ACUTALLY Ridley but well, it's there so... whatever

Yeah. That's actually an achievement if you're tolerable in a story like Other M's.

imho

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
Lucina, Greninja, Sheik, Ice Climbers, Robin, are all popular characters that have only made an appearance in one game... Much like Anthony Higgs. Also he's black, so, diversity. I think he would be fun to play as.

Another thing: with all this Fire Emblem representation recently, there's no reason not to do the same for Metroid.

D

Deleted member

I support Anthony because I'd like to see him in future installments in the franchise myself. Literally one of the only likeable humanoid Metroid characters who wasn't killed off.

Also pretty decent moveset-potential for this guy.

Destroyer713

Smash Rookie
While I truthfully don't feel Anthony will get in over Ridley, I would certainly love to see him in Smash. Despite how... uh... sub-par Other M was, he was certainly a redeeming factor for that game, IMO.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As much as I love Metroid and his role in Other M, I'll still fight for the idea of B.D. Joe Anthony Higgs being in Smash as a newcomer or DLC.

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
Supporting him because he's probably the only character in Other M I could stand

Pretty much every character in Other M was so uninteresting or cringe worthy. Don't even get me started on Samus.... Or Ridley. Technically, I couldn't stand him because of how he looks. I know that's not ACUTALLY Ridley but well, it's there so... whatever

Yeah. That's actually an achievement if you're tolerable in a story like Other M's.

imho
Then again, that's not saying much.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I created this because of reasons:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Anythony Higgs' movset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Add me to the bro list XD
It's an odd character, but if done in the right way, it could work.

D

Deleted member

I fully support. I'd even be fine with him over Ridley. *shots fired*

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
I'll support Anthony, but Ridley comes first.
I hope he shows up in future Metroid games. (Give me a reason to Remember Him)

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I've been thinking that should Snake not return, Anthony could inherit his moveset, but modified slightly to be more scifi themed.

Top Bottom