• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"YOU GOT NO STYLE!" The Anthony Higgs 4 Smash Thread! Remember him?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Exactly! Zero Suit Samus getting in in the first place already put Dark Samus in the 'impossible' list. Dark Samus just won't get in anymore. And I feel Anthony Higgs is a whole lot better than any of the Metroid Prime Hunters. The huge Other M focus of Smash 4 is also a good thing for Anthony. He'd easily be the best WTF-addition I can think of, and I bet people would love him if only for his humour.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Exactly! Zero Suit Samus getting in in the first place already put Dark Samus in the 'impossible' list. Dark Samus just won't get in anymore. And I feel Anthony Higgs is a whole lot better than any of the Metroid Prime Hunters. The huge Other M focus of Smash 4 is also a good thing for Anthony. He'd easily be the best WTF-addition I can think of, and I bet people would love him if only for his humour.
Dark Samus is kinda next to impossible now simply because her time has passed, not because of Zero Suit Samus's inclusion; there'd be no reason to add DS as a playable character now promotion/advertising-wise or anything like there would have been with Brawl.

Not sure where I would rank or compare Anthony to the other hunters (both the ones in MPH and MP3). I know I like Anthony better than some or half of them at the very least. Heh, and I actually agree that he'd be one of the best WTF additions after Wii-Fit Trainer.

I guess you could consider me an Anthony supporter in those respects, so ya can add me to the list too if you want.. Or is being against Ridley/posting anti-Ridley propaganda a requirement for that? Despite the clashes you may have had with Ridley fans, or clashes between Ridley and Anthony supporters (namely you as far as the latter :p), I generally try to be how BKupa is with Dixie and K. Rool when it comes to Ridley and Anthony or some other Metroid character. Hell, actually like most of the Metroid cast in general, even dare I say Adam despite the problems with some characters' writing..

Add Impa to. Everyone angry.
Blastoise would have to replace Charizard (resulting in PKMN trainer having Charmander instead of Squirtle I guess) to make everyone angry!

I'd just be indifferent at most if Impa was added, long as I have most of my other Zelda characters.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I'd like to see Dark Samus playable too. I'm just worried that she'd turn into a clone of Samus (Ganondorf/Toon link bother me in this way [Young link only a little bit cause it was the link from the same game]), because she behaves so differently in everyway and can do certain attacks Samus cannot. However, if she was added in the form of a clone or skin I would probably use it anyways, because I have a soft spot for dark versions of characters.

Swapping Charizard/Blastoise and charmander/squirtle. Especially since Charizard is the only thing rivaling Meta Knight's position as character I want to main in Brawl. Scary thing is that I can the reasoning as to why they might want to do that. I don't think they will though.

As for Impa, I always confused Sheik and Impa together because they looked and acted so similarly, when I was younger I thought they were the same person.

Back to Anthony. I don't see why people can't be both Ridley and Anthony supporters. I prefer Ridley over Anthony, but it'd be nice to see Anthony in the game.
As for Anthony being a clone, I don't really have any feelings on that, since I haven't played Other M myself (just watched some people play it). They can do whatever they want with the character as long as it has the freeze gun and plasma gun..... and maybe the machinegun too. I really hope "Remember me?" is one of the taunts.

Just a question, would you be fine if Anthony always had his face shield down so you couldn't see his face? I think if he were to show his face, it'd only be shown during a taunt (or a taunt that toggles the face shield). I ask this in case if they wanted to be lazy with making the face.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Actually, yeah. I think it would be better if he always had his face shield down on his helmet unless it were during a taunt or something. Not that I'm against seeing his face, but just looks cooler with the helmet all the way on.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Late to this by a few months, but count me into the bro list! I would LOVE to see Anthony. After his grand appearance in the new Smash, you WILL "remembuh" him! :cool:

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Count me in, too! Since Lumiose City is now a stage, we need Anthony more than ever. Why? So we can tell the boutique they have no style. :smirk:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Now that Ridley and Dark Samus are no longer in the competition, Anthony Higgs is the only choice for a newcomer in the Metroid series. Will this make him more popular? Or will the people shamefully keep refusing his style? Time will only tell...

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Now that Ridley and Dark Samus are no longer in the competition, Anthony Higgs is the only choice for a newcomer in the Metroid series. Will this make him more popular? Or will the people shamefully keep refusing his style? Time will only tell...
Ridley's not out of the running yet. I've explained why several times on the Ridley thread so I won't say anything here.

There might be a few more people that like Anthony, but I still think Anthony needs another appearance in another Metroid game for him to get really popular. Starring in Other M isn't exactly the best resume even if he's an awesome character that is one of the only friends that Samus has. I'm still hoping for him though.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Hey Diddy! Remember me? (Had to do it, just had to)
I just wanna say, You really do have style, just for making an Anthony thread! (or should I say it MANthony on here? I'm a little unsure there)
I'm a supporter through and through.
(and sorry for my negative remarks on the Sheik threads, just seeing Impa all the time gets a little annoying at times -_-')
Could I contribute my personal idea for a moveset?

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Hey Diddy! Remember me? (Had to do it, just had to)
I just wanna say, You really do have style, just for making an Anthony thread! (or should I say it MANthony on here? I'm a little unsure there)
I'm a supporter through and through.
(and sorry for my negative remarks on the Sheik threads, just seeing Impa all the time gets a little annoying at times -_-')
Could I contribute my personal idea for a moveset?
I don't see why anyone would stop you from giving us your opinion on what the moveset should be like. :bubblebobble:

Maikou

Smash Ace
In that case here it is:
Side-B: Machine Gun. Anthony and the other GF Soldiers are all seen using Machine Guns as their main weapons. I figure it'll work like a horizontal version of Ivysaur's Bullet Seed in Brawl.
Down-B: Overblast. Acording to Wikitroid, if you take long enough on the Bug-monster-fusion-ha thing, or do something a certain way, one of the GFs will attempt an Overblast move on the monster, only to be thrown off- most likely because they got no style :). Anthony would perform a flip jump similar in height and execution to Samus' second jump in the Smash series, and if he touches a foe during the move, he will perform a successful Overblast move, causing the foe harm, and then leap off, gaining even more height and Meteor Smashing/Spiking the foe (I'm not sure the difference between the two, as I'm a more casual Smash Player. I'm not into competetive play in most games I play) while he does it. at the peak of the jump Anthony can use his recovery move, with the loss of a use of the Overblast until he touches solid ground again. I feel this is better than the Flip-Jump in ZSS' style because for one thing, Anthony isn't as agile or flexable as Samus, especially in that armor.
Up-B: Jetback. more or less something similar to Diddy's Brawl special, but different in that it doesn't need to charge, and in turn goes about 3/4 as far as Diddy's fully charged one.

EDIT: Anthony's armor no doubt weighs him down, being far less advanced than Samus' Chozo Power Suit, making his jumps low and his falls fast, or otherwise a heavyweight character.

as for other moves, I see mostly using the Freeze Gun in Smash attacks similar Samus' own with the Power Suit on, but with different effects. for example the Side Smash should explode in ice, but in turn have less knockback and a chance of freezing at high percents. the Down Smash should be like ZSS, but with a chance of freezing at high damage with no paralysis. the Up Smash would be like Power Suit Samus', but again, lower knockback and damage in turn for freezing. for other normal attacks, Anthony should rely on Close Combat skills. From what I know, it's a tradition for the military to teach soldier some forms of hand-to-hand, blow-for-blow combat.

For his jab combo, I see the basic "Punch-punch-kick" combo used by most characters who don't use weapons.
For his Neutral B, it'd basically be as Diddy Kong himself described it: like ZSS' paralyzer except with Ice properties.

Overall I see Anthony's moveset being similar, but not nearly the same, to both Samus' Power Suit and Zero Suit forms; an even mix between the two with some creative liberties from Anthony's GF History.

His Final Smash: Fully Charged Plasma Cannon. I know it might not exactly be the ideal strength in Other M, but considering that Lucario had a freaking Kamehameha (a REAL Kamehameha, not the Aura Sphere) for his Final Smash, why the heck not? the Plasma cannon charges to full power and fires a massive and deadly green beam across the screen, similar in form and effect to Mario Finale/Zero Laser, except thinner, and only hits once, making it a little bit like Zelda/Sheik's Final Smash from Brawl. "I need to teach you a lesson about Subtlety!" will be heard when activated.

Taunts:
Up Taunt: "You got no Style!" *animation seen in OP*
Side Taunt: he moves his arm in a motion towards his direction and yells "Come on!"
Down Taunt: N/A
Easter Egg Taunt (activate by pressing left-right-left quickly, just like Star Fox): a scanner system in his helmet activates and he comments on the characters he's facing. if he scans Samus, he says, "Fancy meeting you here, Princess!"

So, what do you think?

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Anthony is similar to snake because snake won't be added into the game.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I think they could use maybe one or two of Snake's moves for another character, but they'd never just straight give his moveset away to someone else. Plus the only similarties between Anthony and Snake I could see working would be movement speed and jump height/fall speed.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
What if Sakurai just showed Ridley's shadow because he's keeping it to reveal Anthony? :smash:
Ye.he could possibly make the Ridley shadow as some sort of be prepared for the downside of anthony being shown instead of Ridley. Towards the Ridley fans.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Well......as much as I hate to say it, if anything it looks like Ridley's Shadow confirms him rather than deconfirms him. notice the way the shadow moves. it almost looks like Sakurai himself is controlling the character. it looked like it inched when the tail moved past the camera, and the animation itself seemed like an idle animation.........

As much as I support characters like Anthony Higgs WAY more than say, Pac-Man or Ridley, I cannot be biased and ignore the possibility of Sakurai being such a huge troll to Ridley fans.

Still Supporting Higgs though. one confirmation for a series does not bode unwell for other in the same series, or others in general. and Ridley could still be massive trolling and end up a boss anyway. ya never know with Sakurai in charge. also, I must share this on every thread I'm watching right now:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
What would be your reaction if in the E3 they show a trailer like this?
We see Samus fighting Megaman and Mario in the pyrosphere, Samus is losing and just when Mario is about to finish her, he gets killed by a shot of the plasma beam which surprises Megaman who sees anthony (newcomer image "Anthony treats the ladies" who says "Don't you know how to treat a lady", Samus sees Anthony and says "Anthony" which Anthony smirks and says "Remember me", Megaman shots him a charge shot and Anthony dodges, he smirks and says "You got no style", Samus and Anthony joins to beat Megaman and the trailer stops, Sakurai "this is the new metroid newcomer, Anthony from metroid other m", they continue the trailer and when the fight is about to start Anthony gets stabbed by a shadow, Samus and megaman see the corpse of anthony shocked and then megaman gets killed by a fireball, Samus sees Ridley who has a evil smirks (newcomer image "Ridley just trolled you"), the trailer stops and Sakurai says "Just kidding"

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
This guy would be cool to see in smash, but there are people I know who shun anything Other M related, so that would include this... but he does have potential unlike other characters...

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Wow great job on the op, OP. I would prefer Ridley of course, but hey since Dark Samus is an assist trophy this guy's got my vote!

Maikou

Smash Ace
I'd rather see a trailer something like this:
Samus is fighting Bowser and Ganondorf in the Pyrosphere. Bowser gives a frontal assault, and overpowers Samus, bringing her to edge. Samus' suit breaks, and Ganon prepares to deliver a deadly powerful Warlock Punch to finish the weakened Samus. (She wouldn't have her Jet Boots on from not equiping them before battle, so she'd only be armed with her rather useless Paralyser that wouldn't do crap to Bowser or Ganondork)
A plasma shot nearly blasts Ganondorf, and the camera (as well as Samus, Bowser, and Ganon's eyes) pan over to a man wearing a GF Power Suit. "Hey Punks! Don't you know how to treat a lady?!" is heard as Anthony switches to his Freeze Gun. Anthony opens his helmet's visor and gives Samus a thumbs-up with a wink. "Hey Princess, Remeber me?" Anthony says. Samus responds with his name, just like in Metroid Other M, and then Anthony's "Special Reveal Quote" pops up with a grey-ish blue background and "Anthony Higgs Reports in" is shown on the black-quote-box-thingy. we then see some of Anthony's gameplay.
End trailer.
Of Course, should both Ridley AND Anthony get in, Sakurai might add Ridley attacking them from above in CGI with Ridley's reveal quote thingy and then whatever would end up Ridley's trailer would happen.

but that's my idea. thoughts and stuff?

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I'd rather see a trailer something like this:
Samus is fighting Bowser and Ganondorf in the Pyrosphere. Bowser gives a frontal assault, and overpowers Samus, bringing her to edge. Samus' suit breaks, and Ganon prepares to deliver a deadly powerful Warlock Punch to finish the weakened Samus. (She wouldn't have her Jet Boots on from not equiping them before battle, so she'd only be armed with her rather useless Paralyser that wouldn't do crap to Bowser or Ganondork)
A plasma shot nearly blasts Ganondorf, and the camera (as well as Samus, Bowser, and Ganon's eyes) pan over to a man wearing a GF Power Suit. "Hey Punks! Don't you know how to treat a lady?!" is heard as Anthony switches to his Freeze Gun. Anthony opens his helmet's visor and gives Samus a thumbs-up with a wink. "Hey Princess, Remeber me?" Anthony says. Samus responds with his name, just like in Metroid Other M, and then Anthony's "Special Reveal Quote" pops up with a grey-ish blue background and "Anthony Higgs Reports in" is shown on the black-quote-box-thingy. we then see some of Anthony's gameplay.
End trailer.
Of Course, should both Ridley AND Anthony get in, Sakurai might add Ridley attacking them from above in CGI with Ridley's reveal quote thingy and then whatever would end up Ridley's trailer would happen.

but that's my idea. thoughts and stuff?
See the only problem with your scene is that this would never happen to Samus. However, if you replace Samus with Peach dressed up like Samus and pretend that its a movie, then it would work.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Thing is, it doesn't have to fit the character. Mega Man is a pacifist, yet in his trailer he willingly leaps into the fray from a clifftop, while putting on his helmet, and then attack everyone.
plus Villager is most likely an innocent child character anyway and he nets Mario in the first trailer.
Added to that fact, Wii Fit Trainer kicked the ***es of Mario, Link, and Kirby AND uses an ancient Yoga post as a ****ing Quicker weaker Spirit Bomb as a finishing move, so **** logic.

besides those facts, Mario and Mega Man would never corner Samus either.

and besides THAT fact, Bowser and Ganondorf really COULD do Samus in if they worked together properly. Ganon's the almost invincible King of Evil, and Bowser is tough in Smash 4 from what we've all seen. so it works. unless you have a better argument.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Thing is, it doesn't have to fit the character. Mega Man is a pacifist, yet in his trailer he willingly leaps into the fray from a clifftop, while putting on his helmet, and then attack everyone.
plus Villager is most likely an innocent child character anyway and he nets Mario in the first trailer.
Added to that fact, Wii Fit Trainer kicked the ***es of Mario, Link, and Kirby AND uses an ancient Yoga post as a ****ing Quicker weaker Spirit Bomb as a finishing move, so **** logic.

and besides THAT fact, Bowser and Ganondorf really COULD do Samus in if they worked together properly. Ganon's the almost invincible King of Evil, and Bowser is tough in Smash 4 from what we've all seen. so it works. unless you have a better argument.
Everybody knows that the villager is a serial killer, just look at his face

Cpt.

Smash Lord

My argument is just that Samus is a badass haha

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
I just want to put in my idea on an Anthony Higgs moveset…

Neutral special: Machine gun. Should be able to move while shooting like the juggernaut he is. Shouldn't shoot more than 30 times before he has to reload.

Side special: Freeze gun. Freezes enemy for a second, damages a little bit. Give you enough time to take a running dive at them or something.

Down special: Plasma gun. Can take some time to flip down into his hands but it could pack quite a punch. I think it should charge similarly to Wario's fart or ROB's laser. Maybe a little faster.

Up special: Rocket booster. I'm sure the galactic federation has some sort of technology to give him a sort of jump attack thing.

Smash attacks: pistol whips and punches.

Grab:
Up: throw them up and it it with a high jump kick or maybe a freeze gun.
Side: drop kick
Down: slam them down like Snake does to enemies in Metal Gear Solid 3 unless Snake returns. Then he could do a wrestling move takedown sort of thing.
Final smash: Zero LASER (or equivalent). I think there was too many landmasters but in my opinion there can't be enough zero lasers.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Well......as much as I hate to say it, if anything it looks like Ridley's Shadow confirms him rather than deconfirms him. notice the way the shadow moves. it almost looks like Sakurai himself is controlling the character. it looked like it inched when the tail moved past the camera, and the animation itself seemed like an idle animation.........

As much as I support characters like Anthony Higgs WAY more than say, Pac-Man or Ridley, I cannot be biased and ignore the possibility of Sakurai being such a huge troll to Ridley fans.

Still Supporting Higgs though. one confirmation for a series does not bode unwell for other in the same series, or others in general. and Ridley could still be massive trolling and end up a boss anyway. ya never know with Sakurai in charge. also, I must share this on every thread I'm watching right now:
doesn't the yellow devil has a idle animation, also the yellow devil stands in one place while attacking could go the same for ridley shadow.

D

Deleted member

I admit, with Ridley being all but confirmed to not be playable, and Dark Samus out of the running, it's looking pretty good for Anthony.

Though, it really depends on whether Metroid's even getting a Newcomer or not.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I admit, with Ridley being all but confirmed to not be playable, and Dark Samus out of the running, it's looking pretty good for Anthony.

Though, it really depends on whether Metroid's even getting a Newcomer or not.
He was one of my newcomer prediction.

Sakurai been representing Metroid Other M too much. So I'm wondering AS TO WHY????????? Just for poop and giggles or is he just doing that because his trying to add another character into the Metroid series. Also that King Ki Hunter Quiz Trophy shown @ direct. In addition they added the same stage where Anthony higgs fell in the game Metroid Other M against Ridley while trying to save Samus. I don't know if I mentioned this already?

Metroid Other M doesn't feel it should be represented in the first place and Metroid Prime Hunter on DS was a way better game than that. SO again, why is sakurai representing Metroid Other M?

Anthony Higgs anyone? no....ok.....

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
OK, one thing? you automatically get thumbs-downed for insulting Other M.
Another thing, First Person games SUCK. a LOT. I can't stand first person games. they screw over platforming and it makes it so that you can never see the epicness of what your character looks like with the in-game equipment on or anything. I liked Metroid Prime, but for me, I prefer 3rd person view ANY day.

I seriously wish they would have added a third-person camera option in the Prime series. it worked in Kid Icarus Uprising, why the **** NOT a Metroid game? I hope the 3DS Metroid game play something like Other M/ the Classics. Metroid Zero Mission will in my opinion always be better then Prime. AND NO THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ****ING ZERO SUIT BEFORE ANYONE EVEN THINKS IT!

Also, nobody has commented on my moveset choice. I asked for feedback on it.

Hopefully all this Other M stuff is hinting toward Anthony like the Boxing Ring hinted at Little Mac.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Another thing, First Person games SUCK. a LOT. I can't stand first person games. they screw over platforming and it makes it so that you can never see the epicness of what your character looks like with the in-game equipment on or anything. I liked Metroid Prime, but for me, I prefer 3rd person view ANY day.

I seriously wish they would have added a third-person camera option in the Prime series. it worked in Kid Icarus Uprising, why the **** NOT a Metroid game? I hope the 3DS Metroid game play something like Other M/ the Classics. Metroid Zero Mission will in my opinion always be better then Prime. AND NO THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ****ING ZERO SUIT BEFORE ANYONE EVEN THINKS IT!

Hopefully all this Other M stuff is hinting toward Anthony like the Boxing Ring hinted at Little Mac.
Ur proof itself that Metroid Other M was a great game. So proved me wrong. Then maybe his doing this out of fan service?

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this sounds rude or mean or something, but I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
Highly doubt it's fanservice considering all the hate Other M gets.
IM NEVER SARCASTIC. lol rarely I am. ok maybe a lot. lol but that time I wasn't being sarcastic.

Your the proof itself that Metroid Other M is a great game. So you proved me wrong, I thought most people along with me hated other m. but now u just told me "Highly doubt it's fanservice considering all the hate Other M gets."

Keeshu

Smash Ace

In general I totally agree with the 3rd Person thing.
Though after playing Skyrim I can see why people would hate 3rd Person, especially if the 3rd person view is as horrible as Skyrim's. It's the worst 3rd person view I've ever had. Though if you're melee it probably won't bother you (cause melee requires no aiming, just placement) until you get into narrow hallways and such where the camera shoves you up next to the character, because it's either that, or you get to see what's behind the wall. Even switching from 3rd to first person, you will shoot differently.
Normally I swap to first/third person like mad in Skyrim, but I've been trying to get used to 3rd person just to see if it's as bad as I originally thought it was, and holy crud is shooting ranged projectiles buggy as heck....... However, having bugs is kind of Bethesda's speciality (usually in a good way surprisingly).

Though personally, if I had a choice, I'd prefer to be in third person 90% of the time. The 10% for first person is when I want to get a different view on something/closeup of an enemy when I'm attack it, or if I'm sneaking around with a wall behind me. Swapping very quickly between First and Third person is a must for that.... Though off the top of my head the only good shooter I've played recently that does that is Firefall, and I swap between First and Third like crazy when going into any build/close quarters areas, but leave it third person everywhere else.

You do have to remember, 3rd Person sometimes makes games easier, because you can see more things around you, and usually your camera is a little above your character, and you can peak around corners with 3rd person as well. That's another reason why games make you go first person only, because they want you to feel like you are the one looking behind a wall, and not feeling like you're exploiting the game (I disagree with this though since I feel it intensifies the feeling when you check every wall before going around, even in games that aren't about stealth.... That is assuming the game has any sort of challenge in it).

The only exception that makes me want to be first person instead of 3rd person that I can think of off the top of my head is the Mechwarrior series. Bah, Mechwarrior is an oddity for me anyways. It's also the only game where I actually prefer to play slower characters over faster ones (I still enjoy the light mechs though. Also not too slow, Assaults are a pain in the arse to move around).

/bored

Maikou

Smash Ace
In general I totally agree with the 3rd Person thing.
Though after playing Skyrim I can see why people would hate 3rd Person, especially if the 3rd person view is as horrible as Skyrim's. It's the worst 3rd person view I've ever had. Though if you're melee it probably won't bother you (cause melee requires no aiming, just placement) until you get into narrow hallways and such where the camera shoves you up next to the character, because it's either that, or you get to see what's behind the wall. Even switching from 3rd to first person, you will shoot differently.
Normally I swap to first/third person like mad in Skyrim, but I've been trying to get used to 3rd person just to see if it's as bad as I originally thought it was, and holy crud is shooting ranged projectiles buggy as heck....... However, having bugs is kind of Bethesda's speciality (usually in a good way surprisingly).

Though personally, if I had a choice, I'd prefer to be in third person 90% of the time. The 10% for first person is when I want to get a different view on something/closeup of an enemy when I'm attack it, or if I'm sneaking around with a wall behind me. Swapping very quickly between First and Third person is a must for that.... Though off the top of my head the only good shooter I've played recently that does that is Firefall, and I swap between First and Third like crazy when going into any build/close quarters areas, but leave it third person everywhere else.

You do have to remember, 3rd Person sometimes makes games easier, because you can see more things around you, and usually your camera is a little above your character, and you can peak around corners with 3rd person as well. That's another reason why games make you go first person only, because they want you to feel like you are the one looking behind a wall, and not feeling like you're exploiting the game (I disagree with this though since I feel it intensifies the feeling when you check every wall before going around, even in games that aren't about stealth.... That is assuming the game has any sort of challenge in it).

The only exception that makes me want to be first person instead of 3rd person that I can think of off the top of my head is the Mechwarrior series. Bah, Mechwarrior is an oddity for me anyways. It's also the only game where I actually prefer to play slower characters over faster ones (I still enjoy the light mechs though. Also not too slow, Assaults are a pain in the arse to move around).

/bored
Good sir, I agree with everything you just said.

IM NEVER SARCASTIC. lol rarely I am. ok maybe a lot. lol but that time I wasn't being sarcastic.

Your the proof itself that Metroid Other M is a great game. So you proved me wrong, I thought most people along with me hated other m. but now u just told me "Highly doubt it's fanservice considering all the hate Other M gets."
OK. Nice to know.

Top Bottom