• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yet Another Roster Contest! (Waiting to be locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Oooooooooohohohoho I want in! Super Boss Brothers, Super Bash Sisters, and Super NAY Brothers yes please! When is the deadline?

Fortanono

Smash Ace
BTW, any rosters or changes to rosters will be due tomorrow. So SuperBrawler, add Lanky quick!

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
oh okay, seeing how changes can be done, can I add one spare change?
Why do you have 3 kid icarus characters (I question the importance of adding a second kid icarus character) but 3 is way too much since pit was just a newcomer in brawl and also dark pit is a recolour of another character and a bit too similar and already in brawl as a colour scheme

Why do you have more pokemon slots than mario slots

Why do you have Roy and Lyn in addition to Marth and Ike (They are just random protagonists now with no current relevance

Why have Tom Nook when you have the Villager

Why Dillon over Isaac, Golden Sun is well received and critically acclaimed and Dillon's Rolling western didn't make as big as an impact compared to other series imagine having the style savvy shop manager

Banjo & Kazooie is owned by Microsoft and has no current relevance

Why are you changing the representation of Konami by having Bomberman over Snake I think if Konami is represented in SSB4 the chances will be stuck with Snake

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Why do you have 3 kid icarus characters (I question the importance of adding a second kid icarus character) but 3 is way too much since pit was just a newcomer in brawl and also dark pit is a recolour of another character and a bit too similar and already in brawl as a colour scheme

Why do you have Roy and Lyn in addition to Marth and Ike (They are just random protagonists now with no current relevance

Why Dillon over Isaac, Golden Sun is well received and critically acclaimed and Dillon's Rolling western didn't make as big as an impact compared to other series imagine having the style savvy shop manager

Why are you changing the representation of Konami by having Bomberman over Snake I think if Konami is represented in SSB4 the chances will be stuck with Snake
This is a roster contest, the rules state it does not have to be realistic bud.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

this is a want roster contest, those are my wants mate,
read the op before you judge people

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Can I change my roster? Made a last few minute changes along wiht the addition for same slot characters
60CharRoster.png

Fortanono

Smash Ace
And now it's time for...
Keybladeguy vs. Tepig2000!

Keybladeguy's roster:

Toad: Honestly, I just don't see much potential in Toad, for some reason. Not to mention the fact that he's been deconfirmed by now.
Diddy + Dixie tag-team: Diddy should probably stay separate from Dixie, but the pairing would also be cool, another duo would be cool.
King K. Rool: He has a ton of moveset potential, using things from all his appearances.
Takamaru: I think he has a bit of potential, but I prefer other retros over him.
Ridley: I personally think he is too big, but I won't make it a bad thing as all of your rosters have him.
Krystal: She'd be cool, the first SF rep that isn't a clone.
Mewtwo: Awesome! Mewtwo could definitely return to the fray with Psystrike and his Mega Evos.
Little Mac: Sorry, I just don't see any potential in a guy that only punches.
Isaac: Just read about him, and he sounds awesome. Then again, it's the Smashboards thread we're talking about, so yeah.
Shulk: He'd be okay, not very unique but not bland either.
Saki: See Shulk.
Mach Rider: See Shulk again.
Balloon Fighter: How exactly would he work? And don't forget Villager's move.
Duck Hunt Dog: He'd be really cool, especially with the concept WiiLuvU "leaked" (Hunter shoots ducks down, dog collects them and uses them in battle)
Sukapon: See Shulk for the 3rd time. :p
Lip: One of the most unique characters I've seen.
Pac-Man: Would be very unique. And seeing him with Mario, Sonic and Mega Man would be plain awesome.
Simon Belmont: Wow, you keep seeing Shulk. This is no exception!
Overall: 7/10

Tepig2000's roster:

Petey Piranha: He'd be awesome, and something tells me he'd play like Ivysaur. And he's my main.
Kamek: Awesome, I dig wizardish characters.
Ashley: Cool, but her and Kamek in the same roster = clones.
Waluigi: Epic! All that sports stuff, I just hope he gets in!
Dixie Kong: I'd consider her a semi-clone, but she'd be an awesome semi-clone (if there are any)
King K. Rool: He has a ton of moveset potential, using things from all his appearances.
DK Jr.: Wait, what? I don't think so.
Meowth: WHY DIDN'T HE GET IN IN THE FIRST PLACE? HE'D BE AWESOME!
Deoxys: I'd say Deoxys would be cool, especially with it's other forms.
Midna: Pikachu, Ice Climbers... We need a darkness user, and Midna fits the bill perfectly.
Yarn Kirby: YES YES YES YES YES!!!
Ridley: I personally think he is too big, but I won't make it a bad thing as all of your rosters have him.
Space Pirate: I don't think so.
Matthew: Either him or Isaac, both would be pure awesome.
Chrom: Newest lord, deserves a spot.
Lucina: Maybe a Marth clone, but she could also be really unique.
Starfy: He'd be cool, but I just don't see him in Smash.
Palutena: She'd actually be really cool, I'd prefer another KI character but that's bias.
Krystal: She'd be cool, the first SF rep that isn't a clone. But wait, you cut Falco and Wolf for her?
Overall: 8.5/10

And...

Tepig2000 wins!!!

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Well, I solved the predicament of posting it too early by editing. And sorry about that, Keybladeguy.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
And now it's time for...
Keybladeguy vs. Tepig2000!

Keybladeguy's roster:

Toad: Honestly, I just don't see much potential in Toad, for some reason. Not to mention the fact that he's been deconfirmed by now.
Diddy + Dixie tag-team: Diddy should probably stay separate from Dixie, but the pairing would also be cool, another duo would be cool.
Takamaru: I think he has a bit of potential, but I prefer other retros over him.
Krystal: She'd be cool, the first SF rep that isn't a clone.
Mewtwo: Awesome! Mewtwo could definitely return to the fray with Psystrike and his Mega Evos.
Isaac: Just read about him, and he sounds awesome. Then again, it's the Smashboards thread we're talking about, so yeah.
Saki: See Shulk.
Mach Rider: See Shulk again.
Balloon Fighter: How exactly would he work? And don't forget Villager's move.
Duck Hunt Dog: He'd be really cool, especially with the concept WiiLuvU "leaked" (Hunter shoots ducks down, dog collects them and uses them in battle)
Sukapon: See Shulk for the 3rd time. :p
Pac-Man: Would be very unique. And seeing him with Mario, Sonic and Mega Man would be plain awesome.
Simon Belmont: Wow, you keep seeing Shulk. This is no exception!
Overall: 7/10

Tepig2000's roster:

Petey Piranha: He'd be awesome, and something tells me he'd play like Ivysaur. And he's my main.
Kamek: Awesome, I dig wizardish characters.
Ashley: Cool, but her and Kamek in the same roster = clones.
Waluigi: Epic! All that sports stuff, I just hope he gets in!
Dixie Kong: I'd consider her a semi-clone, but she'd be an awesome semi-clone (if there are any)
DK Jr.: Wait, what? I don't think so.
Meowth: WHY DIDN'T HE GET IN IN THE FIRST PLACE? HE'D BE AWESOME!
Deoxys: I'd say Deoxys would be cool, especially with it's other forms.
Midna: Pikachu, Ice Climbers... We need a darkness user, and Midna fits the bill perfectly.
Yarn Kirby: YES YES YES YES YES!!!
Space Pirate: I don't think so.
Matthew: Either him or Isaac, both would be pure awesome.
Chrom: Newest lord, deserves a spot.
Lucina: Maybe a Marth clone, but she could also be really unique.
Starfy: He'd be cool, but I just don't see him in Smash.
Palutena: She'd actually be really cool, I'd prefer another KI character but that's bias.
Krystal: She'd be cool, the first SF rep that isn't a clone. But wait, you cut Falco and Wolf for her?
Overall: 8.5/10

And...

Tepig2000 wins!!!
I find weird choices in both rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom