• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yet Another Roster Contest! (Waiting to be locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
And now...

lonekonwolf vs. SuperBrawler!

lonekonwolf's roster:

Dixie Kong: I'd consider her a semi-clone, but she'd be an awesome semi-clone (if there are any)
King K. Rool: He has a ton of moveset potential, using things from all his appearances.
Saki: He'd be okay, not very unique but not bland either.
Ridley: I personally think he is too big, but I won't make it a bad thing as all of your rosters have him.
Palutena: She'd actually be really cool, I'd prefer another KI character but that's bias.
Dark Pit: Could be unique or a semi-clone, depending on how Sakurai does it.
Little Mac: Sorry, I just don't see any potential in a guy that only punches.
Takamaru: I think he has a bit of potential, but I prefer other retros over him.
Waddle Dee: My bias is saying no, but the moveset potential (Waddle Doo Beam, Spears, Megaton Punch) says yes.
Lip: One of the most unique characters I've seen.
Roy: A bit of a clone, but I know nothing about FE, so I wouldn't know.
Lyn: See Saki.
Dillon: Would be really cool, although I'd see him as a Sonic clone due to him probably not being able to use guns.
Tom Nook: I'd see him as a Villager clone, although he could also be unique.
Shulk: See Saki again.
Mewtwo: Awesome! Mewtwo could definitely return to the fray with Psystrike and his Mega Evos.
Banjo and Kazooie: Microsoft bought Rare, but from what I've heard, they would be awesome, and this is a creativity contest anyway.
Bomberman: A bomb-only character would be pretty darn cool, actually.
Overall: 7.5/10

SuperBrawler's roster:

Dr. Mario: In Melee, he was not only a clone, but one that greatly overshadowed Mario by being better in every way. And Mario is Nintendo's mascot, so... yeah.
Toad: Honestly, I just don't see much potential in Toad, for some reason. Not to mention the fact that he's been deconfirmed by now.
King K. Rool: He has a ton of moveset potential, using things from all his appearances.
Tetra: A pretty interesting idea, but I kinda see her transformation (Toon Zelda) being a clone.
Ridley: I personally think he is too big, but I won't make it a bad thing as all of your rosters have him.
Waddle Dee: My bias is saying no, but the moveset potential (Waddle Doo Beam, Spears, Megaton Punch) says yes.
Krystal: She'd be cool, the first SF rep that isn't a clone.
Pichu: He was your main, so I won't go all out on you, but he is another clone, and one who hurts himself when he attacks.
Mewtwo: Awesome! Mewtwo could definitely return to the fray with Psystrike and his Mega Evos.
Lyn: She'd be okay, not very unique but not bland either.
Porky: Seeing as he doesn't have very many weapons other than his mech, which is too big... Yeah.
Black Shadow: Another clone, but a good one as he could use Ganondorf's old moveset, allowing him to have a unique moveset.
Isaac: Just read about him, and he sounds awesome. Then again, it's the Smashboards thread we're talking about, so yeah.
Takamaru: I think he has a bit of potential, but I prefer other retros over him.
Palutena: She'd actually be really cool, I'd prefer another KI character but that's bias.
Pac-Man: Would be very unique. And seeing him with Mario, Sonic and Mega Man would be plain awesome.
Overall: 6.5/10

And...

lonekonwolf is the winner! Sorry SuperBrawler.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Toad: Honestly, I just don't see much potential in Toad, for some reason. Not to mention the fact that he's been deconfirmed by now.

Uh... what is this supposed to be? A creativity roster contest or a roster prediction contest?
Snake is basically that though, but with explosives.
Dr. Mario: In Melee, he was not only a clone, but one that greatly overshadowed Mario by being better in every way. And Mario is Nintendo's mascot, so... yeah.
Dillon: Would be really cool, although I'd see him as a Sonic clone due to him probably not being able to use guns.
Pichu: He was your main, so I won't go all out on you, but he is another clone, and one who hurts himself when he attacks.
Black Shadow: Another clone, but a good one as he could use Ganondorf's old moveset, allowing him to have a unique moveset.
Characters can be original you know... I don't understand why you wrote Krystal off as a non-clone so easily, but all of these guys have to be clones (I GUESS Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Roy are somewhat of an exception, but they can all easily be unique as well). ESPECIALLY Dillon in this case (Literally, the two only have rolling in common, and even then their techniques are pretty different). I mean understand this is your opinion, but your bias obviously has had a pretty large influence on you so far.
I mean:
Porky: Seeing as he doesn't have very many weapons other than his mech, which is too big... Yeah.
Really??? Come on now.

This is more or less "Fortanono's Roster Critique Thread" than it is a "Another Roster Contest"...

just saying

Fortanono

Smash Ace

Uh... what is this supposed to be? A creativity roster contest or a roster prediction contest?
Snake is basically that though, but with explosives.
Characters can be original you know... I don't understand why you wrote Krystal off as a non-clone so easily, but all of these guys have to be clones (I GUESS Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Roy are somewhat of an exception, but they can all easily be unique as well). ESPECIALLY Dillon in this case (Literally, the two only have rolling in common, and even then their techniques are pretty different). I mean understand this is your opinion, but your bias obviously has had a pretty large influence on you so far.
I mean:Really??? Come on now.
Sorry about that. If you want, I'll try to do the reviews again.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
And now...

Dixie Kong: I'd consider her a semi-clone, but she'd be an awesome semi-clone (if there are any)
Saki: He'd be okay, not very unique but not bland either.
Dark Pit: Could be unique or a semi-clone, depending on how Sakurai does it.
Little Mac: Sorry, I just don't see any potential in a guy that only punches.
Lyn: See Saki.
Shulk: See Saki again.
Banjo and Kazooie: Microsoft bought Rare, but from what I've heard, they would be awesome, and this is a creativity contest anyway.
lonekonwolf is the winner! Sorry SuperBrawler.
for one who said that he'll wont be biased, sure is showing a lot of that . . .

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Sorry about that. If you want, I'll try to do the reviews again.
You don't have to, I'm just stating my opinion. Having another judge would probably fix the issue I'm seeing here myself, but it's not necessary.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
You don't have to, I'm just stating my opinion. Having another judge would probably fix the issue I'm seeing here myself, but it's not necessary.
Yeah, it's a good idea. You can't judge because you are entered, but it would be good if we had another judge. First come first serve!

EDIT: If another judge comes, make sure he/she knows something about Metroid and Fire Emblem. Because I know nothing about that.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
You know what? I'll PM a mod to lock this thread, and I'll start a new contest! This one will have judges, and the judges can also be competitors, but they can't talk about their own rosters. I will start it later.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
You know what? I'll PM a mod to lock this thread, and I'll start a new contest! This one will have judges, and the judges can also be competitors, but they can't talk about their own rosters. I will start it later.
Will it still be able to be unrealistic

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
Yes, and I can see that you don't like unrealistic. Though you have Malon, Golduck and Orca on your rosters :p
No never said I don't like unrealistic I just didn't know it is was allowed to be unrealistic that's all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom