• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTON - September 12th & 13th - Winona Lake, Indiana ))Midwest Circuit Event((

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Whoever has the replay of my Ganon ditto with Lain on their Wii needs to convert and upload that **** ASAP, or just get it to someone who can.

Scala

Smash Ace
pools only allowed top in each to continue.

Man that was a lot of fun, nice playing and meeting most of you all :D, I'm too **** lazy for shoutouts but just think of something nice and witty to say about yourself and there you go ;)

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
The Super Deluxe WTON Report:

MIDWEST MAINS RANDOM.

There were at least 30 different characters played in singles among 44 participants; only Luigi, Peach, Zamus, Olimar, Falcon, Pokemon Trainer, and Lucas were not played. I don't think Toon Link, Samus, Ike, Ganondorf, ROB, or Sonic were played in brackets, resulting in the following:

Total Singles (44): 30 characters
Brackets (32): 24 characters
Top 16: 14 characters
Top 8: 7 characters
Top 4: 4 characters

We are amazing. The midwest metagame is top tier.

Shoutouts:

Anther - Keep doing crazy stuff with Pikachu and Sonic.

NoJ - Joel's Law: If you use Judgement on Rollout, it will be a 9.

Joshu - My 9 hours of sleep were filled with nightmares of DeDeDe bairs.

Tink - We never got to play. Keep rockin' the fat man.

OS - Jigglypuff. Counters. Meta Knight.

Sliq - You are a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of OMG A DRAGON JUST MAULED MY FACE OFF. It's like you just woke up one day and decided to be awesome, and also **** people. *obscure and clever TWEWY reference goes here*

Lain - Your glorious presence make smash so much better; keep getting owned in hilarious manners for the amusement of the rest of us. Also, one day your ICs are going to burn.

Rofa - Whooshwhooshwhooshwoosh-PING

1der - I never got to play you... but watching your Mario made me feel like a little boy on Christmas morning.

Kel - Crap, I never got to play you either... wait, how the heck did you not get 5th? Logic am broken.

Blood Hawk - Great friendlies, and the crazy Lucario recoveries for the custom stage tourney were top tier. Try to keep being awesome.

Smash64 - Remember that time you KO'd lain with PK Flash? Yeah. You are the wind beneath my wings. (Though, I'm never taking anyone with a good uair to Brinstar again >_>)

Dr. X - Thanks for teaming with muba and participating in my mad experiment.

Samurai
Panda- Fun stuff, extra glad I got to play you guys in some doubles friendlies again.​

Big C - Great friendlies; you should have jsut lost to me in brackets so I would have had to fight lain instead.

Ryzen - You're a cool guy; I wish we had gotten the chance to play some friendlies.

Legan - I hope anyone who placed higher realized that they only did so because Legan approved and allowed it. Watching Legan play is like watching a ballerina dance, except that the dance involves lots of bombs and killing.

Omni - The best jiggs never got to play the best Wolf. Sad.

Rook - I think we played you guys a bit in doubles, good matches.

Asdioh - Don't think we got to play much either, too bad.

OOK - You are pretty much everyone's hero. You know that, right?

Thinkaman - Hey, that's me!

Kyari - I <3 Adrora. I also hate your Marth.

YBM - You play only the coolest characters, and I like it.

Slimpyman - You play only the BEST character, and I love it.

Earth - Good stuff.

Toga - Wah, Wah, WAH. To the Blue Falcon!

Iggy - I wish I could be cool enough to play Captain Falcon.

Scala - YOSHI FOREVER.

Jons - Lulz, Mario circuit.

Epic - Glad to see someone playing Zelda.

Aura - Does anyone have pictures of those drawings? Post in thread plz.

Infern - Hurricane Ike gave us no sympathy on the way home. At least we were prepared.

Jekyll - I want to grow up to be your Ganondorf.

Mr. E- Next time, the E-team is gonna clean up house.

---

Good venue, good people, good tourney, good times.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Maybe I should go back to repping Lucas. ;( Not that it'll make MK any easier but maybe I'll get an advantage because nobody knows how to play against him. Poor kid. TL too. Needs more tether characters in this here tournament scene; down DI tether recovery against horizontal kills moves is 2 gud.

whoever's wii was used for pool 5 by the black column got the best replay ever. of me and iggy DDD ditto on mario circuit
I'm sorry, but the best replay was someone getting owned in a Ganon ditto on the TV where Naruto was being played half the time.

Whoever has the replay of my Ganon ditto with Lain on their Wii needs to convert and upload that **** ASAP, or just get it to someone who can.
We need the GIF of, you know, THAT... :laugh:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Tell me if I got anything wrong here, or if you can tell me who the ??? people used that'd be nice...sorry if I forgot. With some of these names I'm remembering faces, but not characters o_O which is weird for me
I forgot to mention that Rook played Snake, Blueblade played Lucas (at least against me), and Norm usually plays ROB although I didn't see him play at WTON. Oh yeah, nojoes also plays ROB, but I dunno if he played him in the tournament.

Cool Panda Cool!
Your fault.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shoutouts:

Anther: Too good, bro. Pikachu is top 5. But you, sir, are top 1!

Vayseth: Those plushes made this whole tourney worth putting together. Plus, naruto looks fun. I'll buy it soon.

Blood_Hawk: We're going to tear up Arizona, bro! They're not ready for the double pat.

TheBlueBlade: Your RBI baseball skills are top tier.

NoJ: Good s*** in random random. Sorry i effed up the brackets and screwed us. We should have won. We got G&W like every other game.

Joshu: Glad we got to hang out a bit this weekend. You're as good at smash as I am at sex...and that is considerable.

Tink: Barely saw you, but you still raised the cool level in the room by 2 clicks.

Overswarm: Whenever I don't know a matchup, I start scanning the room for your white T-shirt. thanks for the good advice all around. Missed your ROB, but your MK was fun to watch too!

Kel: you're a good dude. It was fun.

Sliq: Glad to finally get to know you better. good luck in buffalo.

Lain: you suck lain. actually, you don't.

Rofa: So glad you could come down. We should hang out more next time. you and the lady are welcome anytime.

1der: thanks for teaming with me! you won more 2 on 1s than anyone I've ever seen. Sorry i suck.

SamuraiPanda: you remind me of a character in a movie. I can't place which one, but it's one of those smart guys at MIT/Harvard/Wherever that also manage to be mad cool and drink a bunch of beer and do math and stuff. My favorite tournament moments always end up being hanging out with you talking about the cerebral side of smash.

Big C: Princess Aura couldn't keep her hands off you. If you can make it through a whole tournament without throwing your controller, I'll buy you a beer.

NoJoes+Jons: barely got to hang with you guys at all! that sucked. hopefully I'll make it out to your event and we can chill.

Omniswell: Dude, finally someone teaches me some ICs! You are the funniest person I know. You make me wish I watched pokemon.

Rook: I want your arms. not on you, on me.

Asdioh: thanks for all the hard work! Lets play tomorrow.

OOK: didn't talk with you, but watching your DK was inspiring.

Thinkaman: glad to meet you! Your jiggs is tough as hell. I'll be prepared next time!

Kyari: SOOO glad you could actually make it! We should do a smashfest in Indy sometime before I move.

YBM: We didn't talk, but you're from Cinci which is alright with me. We should play some friendlies next time.

Iggy: Jason says hi.

Epic: We are 1-1 on the weekend. Money match at NoJoes? You're a good dude. Glad to get to know you. You should teach me some Zelda stuff.

Princess Aura: Your artwork was TOO GOOD. I want to hire you to live at my house and just draw me pictures all day. Most girls are either cool, but funky looking, or good looking but lame. You manage to pull off both, and that makes you top tier. Slightly higher than Metaknight tier is PRINCESS AURA TIER! On top of all that, your G&W is better than mine!

Jekyll: I STILL haven't played your Ganondorf after all this time! We gotta get a MM next time we're at the same place.

Mr. E: thanks for coming out. next time I'm in Lima I'll look you up. Is that Edward Nigma? :)

Dastrn: You are cooler than me. You should give me babies. We can make out later.

Everyone: The Midwest is too good. I'm sad to be leaving you for a few years, but hopefully ya'll will ALL come to something big and national next summer and we can claim a corner of the event and keep everyone else out.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Shoutouts:

Samurai32spacesPanda: Please stand still while I slide off the Yoshi's Island platform as a rock :)

That's about all I need to say to anyone.

Oh, except that I heard someone say that, I think Iggy? got a triple KO with Falcon Punch, and the video was on youtube. I searched, but all I found was this

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Super Deluxe WTON Report:

MIDWEST MAINS RANDOM.

There were at least 30 different characters played in singles among 44 participants; only Luigi, Peach, Zamus, Olimar, Falcon, Pokemon Trainer, and Lucas were not played. I don't think Toon Link, Samus, Ike, Ganondorf, ROB, or Sonic were played in brackets, resulting in the following:

Total Singles (44): 30 characters
Brackets (32): 24 characters
Top 16: 14 characters
Top 8: 7 characters
Top 4: 4 characters

We are amazing. The midwest metagame is top tier.
This is amazing. The midwest is the best region.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
ACTUALLY, I played Lucas, so 31 for Total.

Oh, and for those who care and are Cubs fans, Zambrano just threw a no-no. I just about wet myself, GOIN CRAZY HERE!

lain

Smash Master
Anther: sorry we suck so bad at doubles. next time i won't slack XD

Joel: Oh my god....

Joshu: Nice Dedede man. good **** on 3rd, although i wish i woulda played you instead of Sliq ;)

Tink: good stuff sir. maybe i'll show you why i'm mutha****in' lain next time.

Overswarm: nice MK, and btw skyworld's gay as hell. but apparently Joel handles it well : (

Sliq: yeah, i think i played the 1 wrong character out of the three against you. : ( wth. also, you're SUCH a ****, but probably the funniest guy i've met XD

Rofa: DUDE. we top 8'd. that's a good start, let's just not **** up anymore :D

Kel: every time baby, every time. btw you finally didn't get 5th hurray!

Blood Hawk: i'mma bout to **** that lucario just like the first match :)

Smash64+infernangelis: **** you guys <3

Big C: What a guy

Thinkaman: jiggs is too good. maybe next time you'll get my Ic's in the most annoying matchup EVER

DastrnMarco: just find your character man. I'm probably gonna drop G&W down to my secondary (for like MK's or whatever). dk is ****. rob is good too. i'll show you how IC's do it too ;D

TheBlueBlade: I laughed forever when you said "wanna make an easy buck?" and i finally figured out what you meant. Good **** though man, find a main! haha. cause it seems like you play someone different everytime. you definitely made me laugh like the entire time.

Rook: you and your gf were too good. hope to see you guys again!

Also, I just want everyone to know to never moneymatch Mr. E. After I beat him, he told me he had "college loans to pay", and refused to pay. Thanks for being a huge cok.

:colorful:

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
SHOUTOUTS PART 2:

Muba: indeed shinchan *** dance ftw!!!

Thinkaman: i know man im sorry i wanted to play you but i lost track of time :( next time for sure :)

Legan: link can do things.....i found it out the hard way xD too good man your link is far too good.

Dr.X: im sad i didnt really get to talk to you and play your pit some more. and if people want to be mad at me for going ic's well to bad everyone knows i 2nd them so yea.

Infern and smash64- SMASH 64 was far to fun playing with you guys we need more!!!

asdioh- i went IC's and Wolf no MK :-p only in pools next time were playing :-p

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Also, I just want everyone to know to never moneymatch Mr. E. After I beat him, he told me he had "college loans to pay", and refused to pay. Thanks for being a huge cok.:colorful:
I moneymatch'd Mr. E in Ann Arbor (Pokemon Trainer dittos, YEAHHHHHZ) and he paid up like a gentleman. Mr. E is top tier.

...I mean, I wouldn't give money to someone who gets killed by PK Flash either.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
asdioh- i went IC's and Wolf no MK :-p only in pools next time were playing :-p
oops...ICs and Wolf are very different from MK o.o
I moneymatch'd Mr. E in Ann Arbor (Pokemon Trainer dittos, YEAHHHHHZ) and he paid up like a gentleman. Mr. E is top tier.

...I mean, I wouldn't give money to someone who gets killed by PK Flash either.
Are you sure it was him that got killed by PK Flash?

I distinctly remember standing there like an IDIOT on the Yoshi's Island ghost platform and getting killed at a low % by PK Flash. (I actually have the video and will be uploading it, thanks to that one guy and Princess Aura for holding my camera XD)

Though I swear Ness says "PK Pulse" whereas Kirby says "PK Frash!"

And Thinkaman, make sure you upload your videos that have Blue Kirby :p :)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Shoutouts!

1 - Anther ($235.00)- Gooooooood stuff. It's scary how different everything would be based off a single decision every time we play. I never go in playing you knowing it will be one way or another! I shoulda had aura use that pika stuffed animal as a voodoo doll :(

2 - Needle of Juntah ($115.00)- I just can't beat you! I'll have a surprise for you next time, though. Good **** on skyworld, btw. Never would have suspected you knew that stage; you hit so many techs right off the bat, I knew I was done for.

3 - Joshu ($40.00)- Got Villains? We are the most amazing doubles team in existence. There is an indirect correlation between the cleaness of your car and our placement in teams. It's also awesome because we are jovial about everything, which leads to us winning the tournament and being challenged by Tink twice for teams MMs only to win them both. *high five*

Also I FINALLY BEAT JOSHU IN A 2 OUT OF 3 SET IN BLIND MMS!!!!

4 - Tink- Your undefeated team is now defeated! You gotta bring that wario back into the limelight.

T5 - Overswarm- Where was your ROB? Oh, that's right. "Old and busted.... New hotness."

T5 - Sliq- My name is higher than yours on the results list

T7 - Lain- The asian version of Ness. You used to be a guy that I knew I could beat 100% of the time no problem in every tournament... you just happened to be slightly better than most. Now you are a threat. How'd you improve so fast? O_o

T7 - Rofa- Didn't see a single game of yours all day, but I saw your hair.

T9 - 1der- Sorry you had to play MK against MK... I feel your pain. :(

T9 - Kel- I think the curse got angry at you and decided to say "Ya know what? Fine. You won't get 5th this time. How do you like it now?!"

T9 - Blood Hawk- Will be sad to have you leave the MW... no more Lucarios in the MW?!

T9 - Smash64- Pick up G&W as a secondary the same time Infern picks up ICs! Also, be more careful in your matches. You make a lot of rash decisions that end up costing you a stock. It is unfortuante this is so, because you play Ness and you're still dangerous! If you can prevent yourself from just doing something based on a guess of what I will do and find a more solid foundation for your play, you'll be pretty dangerous.

T13 - Doctor X- I enjoyed our teams matches. I'll also have you know I do still play with Red Jacket Falco... just not in tournament. He also doesn't suck. I think I'm gonna have to MM you for that drawing; $1 for you if I win, picture for me if I win? Red jacket Falco vs. Goth Pit?

T13 - SamuraiPanda- Sorry we didn't get to do the rest of the MMs. I'm interested to see how you will improve in the future. From what I saw, you have become a little bit stagnant in some common situations like recovering from above (you always air dodge at the same time) and when you have a grenade out (wait for it to explode, pull grenade and spot dodge or roll if I dash towards you, throw if I do not). Get some mixups in there and keep f-tilting me every time I do anything wrong and you will go up a few placements next tourney. The nade trick when falling is too good, btw.

T13 - Big C- 13th?! Keep it up.

T13 - Ryzen Xia- Who? I have no idea who this is. o_O

T17 - Legan- Link is a fun character, but that's not exactly a big boon in tournament play! You might want to look into someone a bit stronger :)

T17 - Nojoes- I enjoyed your cheering during the Ook matches.

T17 - Omniswell- Only got to play you in one game, but your wolf was pretty solid.

T17 - Rook- You should just start every match with "I'll punch you if I lose" as a mindgame.

T17 - Asdioh - GGs on the MM... the only blue kirby in the MW. Sorry I couldn't finish the randoms tournament, but I didn't feel liek playing random doubles much and needed to set up the wiis for the custom stage tournament.

T17 - OOK - OOK OOK OOK OOK. Perfect name for a DK main.

T17 - Thinkaman- Jigglypuff. Counters. Metaknight.

T17 - Kyari- I didn't see you much outside of pools, but you're playing a different character every time I see you. Crazyness.

T25 - EarthHero- GGs in the middle of the night... sorry Falco can't do much to MK on the ledge. :(

T25 - Iggy- Our corneria match is epic and will be forever loved by youtube.

T33 - Princess Aura- You being a girl mindgamed a good 80-90% of the tournament scene. I need to have you sit next to the TV next time; no one watched me vs. Joel because you were sitting behind us and they all had their chairs turned towards you. Wish I had gotten a drawing when you started using the church's paper, but oh well. I'll beat Dr. X in a Falco vs. Pit match for that Red Jacket Falco picture or something.

T33 - MachinegunNorm- What happened man? :( You can do it. Just kick it up a notch, practice more. Play online if you can, it does help even if people don't think it does.

T33 - DastrnMaco- Thanks a ton, for everything! Playing video game music by ear at like 2 or 3 in the morning is too good. It'll be sad to see you leave the MW.

T33 - Infern Angelis- I think picking up ICs would be pretty frickin amazing for you, actually. You MIGHT just want to consider goofing off with a top tier and see how it feels though ;)

T33 - Jekyll- Jekyll.... how does your Ganondorf always get so close, yet so far? :(

T41 - TheBlueBlade- I saw you playing Megaman 2 on the laptop and I was pleased. You did very well at organizing this tournament! It didn't last very long and we managed to have two side tournaments, plenty of time for friendlies and food, a doubles tournament, and a singles tournament, with a ton of people there. That's pretty amazing.

Custom Stage Tournament

I don't remember everything... I think it was Joel ($20)in first, me ($5)in second, and Anther and Panda in 3rd (they did a match for $1 I think), but I'm not entirely sure. It was late. It was written down on a piece of paper there... I have vids anyway.

So, for those that played in the custom stage tournament, what did you think of the stages?

What was your favorite?

Least favorite?

Did you enjoy playing on fresh stages like that?

Would you like to see custom stages again?

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I'm glad it didn't go terribly long. When I looked up at the clock during Joel and Anther's match and it wasn't even 1AM, it felt like we finished incredibly early, but that part I can say I am glad we got done with. It's also good to hear that St. Louis made it back alright, even since having to fight against a powerful Ike.

I enjoyed the custom stages tournament and wouldn't mind doing it again sometime. I can't remember the stages right now, but I thought all of them were quite decent. Now, my question for customs is will some of these stages begin to make it as neutral or counterpicks?

Lain said:
TheBlueBlade: I laughed forever when you said "wanna make an easy buck?" and i finally figured out what you meant. Good **** though man, find a main! haha. cause it seems like you play someone different everytime. you definitely made me laugh like the entire time.
Actually, Lucas is my main now. I played Lucario once during doubles and pretty much played like **** with him, and didn't play him the rest of the tourney, in which I played Lucas the rest of the way, so Lucas IS my main now.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Vayseth: Those plushes made this whole tourney worth putting together. Plus, naruto looks fun. I'll buy it soon.
Yeah d00d! I have a ton more of all different varieties. Everything must go!

And I would wait until Oct 21st since a new Naruto game is being released in the US then and it looks promising.

And wait, Blood Hawk is leaving the MW?! WHEN?!

Lethal Beauty

Smash Apprentice
Princess Aura- You being a girl mindgamed a good 80-90% of the tournament scene. I need to have you sit next to the TV next time; no one watched me vs. Joel because you were sitting behind us and they all had their chairs turned towards you. Wish I had gotten a drawing when you started using the church's paper, but oh well. I'll beat Dr. X in a Falco vs. Pit match for that Red Jacket Falco picture or something.
HAHA, PSH, no. Them being in a chair circle had nothing to do with me. They were already like that, talking, and I just joined the party. Ninja turtles are too good! Maybe you should sit Ook next to the TV for a crowd. ^.~

I think people were more enamored by my pikachu than me, by the way, lmao.
I actually really enjoyed the fact that everyone was cool and we all got along, rather than 10men mindlessly pelvic thrusting.

The 'Red jacket Falco sucks' picture was for Ryzen. He plays red Flako. I'll make you a picture for your sig or avvy if you want, [size=-2]just mail me $5,000 and it's a deal.[/size].

Custom Stage Tournament

So, for those that played in the custom stage tournament, what did you think of the stages?

What was your favorite?
Uh, that one with the sand blocks.

Least favorite?
>.>

Did you enjoy playing on fresh stages like that?
It was pretty cool.

Would you like to see custom stages again?
Hah. If I came back for another for some reason, I'd totally do it again. Makes a nice side tournament.[/QUOTE]

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
The stages were great. Equity was sort of... pointless I thought, as I don't feel that we need any additional neutral/random stages. Adding more vaguely similar stages I don't see adding much to the game.

The CP stages were priceless though. They were reasonably balanced, offering an advantage to a good number of characters that was neither too small nor too big.

Plain looked like a great dedede CP; ban Mario Circuit and keep that! Off the top of my head, it'd be good for Ness, Olimar, and Ivysaur too... anyone who is a vertical KO machine or has trouble off the stage.

Adrora was the stage aerial characters have been waiting for. It is literally better than any existing stage in the game for Jigglypuff. I want this in my tourneys, NOW.

Abyss I don't think I ever played on, but I watched a bunch of good matches on it. It's like a Green Hill Zone that doesn't suck.

All in all, I thought the new stages were great; not because of the novelty of fresh stages, but because of what they added to the game.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
I felt like I didn't get enough practice on them, but I guess that's my fault since I could have downloaded them. Also they felt "smaller" for some reason... I was playing my matches and watching others and once I saw a match on FD right afterward, it felt so much bigger and caught me off-guard.

BTW, I used Pikachu, G&W, and Marth :p. I tell myself that I main as Pika, but I throw out Marth against other Marth's and G&W, I use G&W against MK, and I'll just go G&W/Marth if I think I'm just better than them.

Great tournament, I love the venue, too bad we won't be getting it again anytime soon. :( I would like to know about October's circuit event, if there is one planned yet....

Not gonna do shoutouts, since there's really just too many people... but everybody is awesome, I hope we'll meet again at another tourney!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
T7 - Rofa- Didn't see a single game of yours all day, but I saw your hair.
Same here.
T9 - 1der- Sorry you had to play MK against MK... I feel your pain.
Wait a second...MK isn't Mario >_> how much did he actually use Mario in the tournament? I feel like the character results are off if he used MK against certain people :O
T17 - Legan- Link is a fun character, but that's not exactly a big boon in tournament play! You might want to look into someone a bit stronger
Do not listen to this man.
I actually really enjoyed the fact that everyone was cool and we all got along, rather than 10men mindlessly pelvic thrusting.
rofl

I like your sig by the way...very professional. :]

ook

Smash Lord
holy crap this is the longest post I've ever posted

I will post some shoutouts :)

1 - Anther - We did awesome in the random doubles, congrats winning the tourney. I've never seen a pikachu so good :O

2 - Needle of Juntah - Good G&W, and awesome G&W color. green is the best

3 - Joshu - Good stuff man. I think you beat us in the random doubles but I don't remember

4 - Tink - HI! I'm TinK! lol. Congrats getting top 4 in singles and doubles man, you ****

T5 - Overswarm - LEGENDARY match. It was like, a moment straight out of Rocky. When I won I just wanted to yell out "Yo Adrian! I did it!!!!" but I didn't. lol... but that's what it felt like. it was definitely the best brawl I've played, ever. GOOD GAMES man :lick:

T5 - Sliq - Oh man your Bowser is too good. I just don't know what to do against him :O ggs

T7 - Lain - I didn't really talk to you or play you, but you were loud!

T7 - Rofa - That's some awesome hair

T9 - Kel - I heard you always get 5th (or 9th). I feel your pain, man. The exact same thing always happens to me (except, not here)

T9 - Blood Hawk - Holy crap good Lucario. I haven't played a lucario that good in ages. Lol, I kept trying to shieldgrab you and it just kept not working! :laugh: Good games man

T9 - Smash64 - Good name, good game

T13 - Doctor X - I think I played you once, I don't remember. If so it was probably a good game lol

T13 - Samurai(no space)Panda - you're awesome

T13 - Big C - That was awesome when you kicked over the chair. Swamp thing snake rules

T13 - Ryzen Xia - I've still never played you in a tournament, lol, even though you've been at every single one I've gone to. btw nice avatar, and I did find a way home eventually :)

T17 - Legan - Amazing Link. The turn-around thing is too cool, whatever it does. And, EPIC falcon dittos

T17 - Nojoes - Oh man, the money match was SO close. I thought I had you when I did the spike, but you just had to come back with C4 :( Lol, but oh man, that was intense. GOOD GAMES, and I think you beat us in doubles too (and that was also really intense, lol. You spent like, 5 minutes deciding a counterpick stage)

T17 - Omniswell - Good stuff and nice hat :laugh:

T17 - Thinkaman - awesome

T17 - Kyari - nice, DK. He is so awesome it's good to see other people using him too :)

T25 - Slimpyman - cool

T25 - Iggy - I dunno how to beat your fox! It's just, too good! :dizzy: you knocked me out of the custom stages, ggs

T25 - Scala - Really cool to see a Yoshi player. I think he's he's god tier, keep using him

T25 - Jons - no jons (har har har, I bet you hear that one a lot:() I think you beat us in doubles too, ggs

T25 - Epic -EPIC! sorry I beat you so early in singles, but that's the way it happens I guess. It was gg.

T33 - Princess Aura - ggs as always, but I don't understand why you don't use zelda. Her sweetspots are SO easy to do against DK cause he's so big :confused: Awesome drawings, I wish I could draw that good. you're too cool

T33 - MachinegunNorm - Norm, sorry we didn't do so good in doubles, but there were some REALLY good people here lol. :chuckle: We tried

T33 - DastrnMaco - Thanks for the cool venue, it was great.

T33 - Jekyll - Your Ganondorf is really good man, I think you totally should have placed higher in the tournament. But maybe you got in a bad pool or something, I dunno. But, those were awesome games we played.

T33 - Mr. E - mystery... lol, I get it :)

T41 - Dark Kakashi - Thank you so much for driving me home man. You dunno how much I appreciate it, cause I really had no other way of getting home, lol. That Naruto game looked cool (lol... it has a dog as a character)

T41 - Spoon - cool name

T41 - TheBlueBlade - Thank you for hosting this tournament, it was amazing. I had a good time.

T41 - Este - you'll get 'em next time! lol, ggs as always

If I didn't shoutout you, it's cause I don't remember who you were :( sorry lol

This tournament ruled, thank you everyone for the great time and I hope to see you all again some time.

btw, I found the best places to sleep in :chuckle:

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
OMG my favorite part of the tourney was in teams when Tink was on a comback 2v1 with wario he gets like 15 straight hits in a row and is like "HOWDY BOYS" LOL omg ill laugh forever about that ****

oh and melee GW combos that dont exist :)

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Before I commence shoutouts, I would like to say I am very sad about leaving the MW, but life seems to be taking me in another direction. I'm sure I'll make it out to a fair share of MW tournies, seeing as I'll still have family living in Indiana (School and money permitting of course). You guys still have at least 4 or so more months of The Blood Hawk, so final goodbyes are a long way off.

~Shout out time!~

Anther - You get better every time I watch you. I'm still looking for that rematch. I haven't played you in singles since Smash and Coffee winners finals. We are 1-1 currently. I'd like to play a third set. You definitely have proved yourself to be best in the Midwest so far. I'm curious to see how I stack up against you now.

Joel - Good stuff mang. I like how I got an "Oh ****," out of you when I said I might be versing you. You have an awesome Game and Watch and all our matches are always really close. I'll be sure to get some friendlies in with you at the next one.

Joshu - Battering Ram is too good. Nice stuff in doubles. You have gotten a lot better since the last time. It's about time you got up in placings. Very nice job. I expect this kind of stuff from you every tournament from now on.

Tink - Good stuff as always. Close singles matches. I actually thought I was gonna bring it back until you **** all over my Luc's face for a 70% KO. It's too bad the Indiana boys were forced to knock one of their brethren out. (I knocked out BigC and you knocked out me) Next time, I wanna meet you in winners finals and nowhere before that.

Overswarm - I liked ROB OS better personally. I think it gave you some uniqueness. Your MK is very solid though. I wish I would have actually gotten to verse it in singles on non-custom stages. We always have intense matches and I wanted to see how I did on a normal ceiling. Those u-tilts were ****** me on those custom stages. I couldn't build a good percentage before being KOed. I look forward to possibly facing you at the next gathering.

Sliq - Always fun hanging with you and shooting the breeze. The friendlies were also too good. Murder Punch insanity. I also expect a wall flip next time or you are getting an EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEME HUG! I'll also get the minions to start working on our fortress on Rage Island.

Lain - This is the first time you have ever placed higher than me I believe. Keep improving buddy, you are doing awesome. Also, you got lucky that match. I look forward to winning and signing that dollar though. It's going right in the sig.

Rofa - I'm so glad that I finally got to play you. Intense money match for sure. Your MK is very solid. Frigate turned out to be the better Lucario stage though. I look forward too many more and hope that my Lucario lived up to it's reputation.

1der - I wish I would have gotten to play you at this tournament. Next time I will have to. Your Mario is top tier and I really gained a lot of respect for him as a character because of you.

Kel - 5th streak in finally broken for the first time in a long time. Good stuff as always. You performed quite well. I also noticed that I have placed the same as you for the past two tourneys. Next time we both break out and place in the money, deal?

Blood Hawk - Everyone else is doing it, so why not. Why are you moving out of MW you dumb****?

Smash64 - So glad to see you place higher than you have been. Keep repping that Ness. Yours is soooo good. Seek me out for some friendlies next time. ^_~

Doctor X - You have gotten a lot better and are making a lot less mistakes. I'm very happy for you. Keep on improving. Pit needs some higher placings in the MW.

Samurai(AwesomeTeamsPartner)Panda - Blood Panda is going to break out soon. As soon as we get out of our slump of KOing each other, we will be in the money. Looking forward to the next one and hanging out with you again. It is always a pleasure to be in your company, that is for sure.

Big C - Sorry for knocking out my native Hoosier brethren. Your Snake has improved a great deal but you should really be repping the Luca. Albinocario is crying out for the Lrg 1.

Ryzen Xia - Awesome Falco dude. I'm sorry about the first match, you deserved the set win. I played like crap. I promise I am a lot better than how I performed. Johns aside though, you are a very polite and generous guy and it was a pleasure meeting you. I'm looking forward to seeing you at many more tournaments. We'll have to get some friendlies next time.

Legan - One dream was traded for another. Your Link is pro. You play Link flawlessly from what I can tell. I hope you enjoyed the Lucario you were looking forward to playing. I know I definately enjoyed fighting the Link. Hope to see you at another event soon.

Nojoes - Never did get that darn MM. I'll be sure to seek you out at your tournament. Looking forward to it.

Omniswell - Need moar Nair son. Germ is going to catch up to you if you don't start spamming bair more and throwing in a nair every now and then. Jokes aside though, thanks for the IC tips. I understand your frustration also, but I think you should stick with Wolf. He is your bro. Don't euthanize him. ;~;

Rook - Awesome matches in doubles. Your Snake has improved so much. It was a lot harder to try and gimp you. You and Jek work well on a team. Keep on getting better.

Asdioh - Good stuff Wes. We'll have to get together and play sometime soon. We'll hook up with Dastrn before he moves and get together a couple of times and Smash Fest it up. I'll also fill you in on the possible bi-weeklies in SB.

OOK - Killer DK dude. TBH, I was scared coming into my match with you. Even though Luc destroys DK match up wise, your win in pools had me very worried. Luckily my spacing was flawless so I never got grabbed and barely got smashed. Unfortunately for DK, he can't recover against Lucario. Your DK is very awesome though. Polish it up and you will be amazing. Very nice to see new blood do so well. You are definately my hero of this tournament.

Thinkaman - J-puff lookin good. You definately challenged me a lot more in the air this time around. Luckily my recovering skills are top notch with Lucario. You are an amazing J-puff. It's nice to see more characters being repped.

Kyari - Still never got to play you. Hopefully you can make one more. We are both always in a match and seem to never meet. I will be sad if I never get the chance to play you. If you make another, my top priority is to play you.

Toga - So good to see you again. This was the first time I played you since HJ3. That was a long way off. Your Wario is still as good as ever, luckily I play Tink a lot so I know how Wario operates quite a bit. I doubt you play much Lucario. Awesome job none the less.

Iggy - Glad to see you finally make it out to another tournament. You are too good Iggy. You sure know how to make Brawl the funnest game in the universe. You also hit me with more Falcon punches than Snake does with F-tilts.

Scala - Yoshi is too good with that u-air. Scala is officially the coolest person ever for making it out to the tournament and maining Yoshi. Thanks for driving me to get food and stuff. Fun talking to you as well. Watch those footstools. *Footstools Scala*

Jons - Falco is doing better I see. Keep playing, you are definately getting the hang of higher level play really quickly. Always a fun person to play. Plus anyone named Jon is cool. Cause I get to say no Johns.

Epic - Nice to finally meet and play you. Your Zelda is balla. Just gotta watch those sweet spots with that janky UP B. She is a very solid character though. I look forward to more matches at another time.

Princess Aura - You are definately a fun person. It was nice to meet you. I was also surprised to see that you are also an artist. Do you have a DA profile or any other type of art site membership? If you do we should totally friend each other. Next time you'll have to draw me a Lucario. = p

MachinegunNorm - Good games bro. Sorry I caused you to get knocked out of pools. Unfortunately, I have played OS so many times that I am really good at manipulating ROB and know everything he can do against Luc. I never lose to ROBs due to Overswarm. Game and Watch was also the same kind of thing. I play Joel and Lain a lot as well, so no surprises there either. Your characters are very solid though. Just need that little push.

DastrnMaco - Gonna be fun chillin with ya in AZ. We'll have to smash a lot before you head out though. Gonna be at least a 2-3 month hiatus. Keep on improving. I have been noticing huge spike in your performance since we first met.

Infern Angelis - Didn't make brackets? That is hard to believe coming from the man who fights for his friends. Everyone has a bad one. Just shake it off and do better the next time. I know you are much better than the placings tell me.

Jekyll - Same thing I told Infern also applies to you. Jek, you can get out of pools. You can go toe to toe with my Lucario, so I will except no Johns. Next time, you are getting out. Also, Wizard Foot to spike on Lain was too good. You are going to have to get ahold of that replay and send it to me.

Spoon - Nice to play you. Watch the fair combos, I gimped you a heck of a lot. Fair hits Pit hard. Also, be careful about recovering, Lucario thrives on making Pit use his wings. You definately have the Pit instincts, now you just have to refine them.

TheBlueBlade - Nicely run tournament. I'm sure I will see you around. Find a character and stick with him. I think your main problem is that you switch around too much. We'll have to smash it up some time. You have my number so give me a ring from time to time.

/End Shoutouts

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
this is a shoutout 2 all my homies. haha. i dont know who you are, but you know who i am. haha. seriously,. nice to put a face on some of yous out there. i played some badass iceclimbers and i dont remember who it was, but i was up a stock, and you 130 dmg chaingrabbed me ftw. right on brotha

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I had a very fun time at this tourney.

I usually go to Chicago or north to Wisconsin for tourneys, so this was my first one out East. lol

I had some fun and close matches in Pool play in Brawl Singles. I used like 5 different characters. XD
Everyone in my pool was very good.

Vayseth made me take out Naruto on Friday and we had some very fun games on it. Also I got to play, many people on it I never played before. It was fun playing all of you guys. Sorry if I could not play some characters good, cause well I can play some of them but not all of them. Maybe next time I can take someone with me that can play almost the entire cast really well. ^_^

Shout outs

Vayseth - It was so much fun to go to this event. I went knowing you would be there and it was a really good decision. Haven't seen you in a long time and those Naruto matches were awesome. I enjoyed out MM in Naruto and hated the Temari MM cause I could never j+B you when I actually got the timing down. >_< We have to do it again. =D

Ook - I truly enjoyed your match with Overswarm. It was just really intense I guess it was cause of all the people surrounding the match. XD Nice DK, i knew I was nto going to beat you in our Pool match that is why when I lost I forced a match on Distant Planet which did not help anyway. lol We had a nice ride back to Chicago and like I said in the car, I am a Proud Member of Ook's Fanclub. XD

Princess Aura - Nice riding with you to the tourney. Very nice drawings too. I was able to see them after you where done with them. Our match was fun. Very good of you to get your bucket full with the lazers from the space ships during our match. I did not know your bucket was full when you used it on me. I was like, "WTF?!" At last I know not to use that stage on you next time. We seem to play each other in almost every single tourney I go to. XD GGs.

Kyari - Fun matches in Pool. Sorry I went Skyworld on you, but it was legal. XD I still go destroyed though. I knew I should have switched when I saw you choose G&W against my Pit, but I was stubborn. lol

Omniswell - Very nice meeting you man. We didn't play any Brawl but got a lot of Naruto in regardless. It was fun playing you in Naruto all weekend. And I noticed you got a lot better with Itachi as the weekend went along. Good Games man, and hopefully I see you again and we can do some more Naruto and Brawl matches too. GGs ^_^

Legan - It was nice to play a good Link. I think I used Lucario against you and Olimar. Nice way to space yourself and my Pikmin. I tried to get close but your arrows and boomerang kept me away and that sword kept killing me! >_< It was fun playing you. GGs

Ryzen Xia - Nice to see you made the trip to the tourney. Hope you had a good time. It was nice seeing you there. ^_^

Overswarm - Fun matches in Pool play. I almost got one against you but your Meta was just better. It was nice to play you. I think you were the only Metaknight I played all weekend. I tried to keep away from the edges when I saw what you did with Meta against other people, that is why i stayed in the middle of the stage most of the time. lol Fun games though. ^_^

Joel - Nice seeing you again. Last time I saw you, you came to my tourney and got 1st in everything and almost did the same in this one. I like how Vayseth got angry at you for not taking him to Chicago when you came to my tourney. lol It was nice seeing you again and awesome G&W like always.

Anther - We never played but got to talk a bit when Vayseth was around. It was nice to see Pikachu played the way you were playing him. I used to main Pikachu then dropped him and then after watching you play i want to pick him up again. I need to practice on some of those things you did with him though. Vayseth told me to go mainly cause I would see a great Pikachu at the tourney and he was right. Good Job at taking the tourney with Pikachu hope to see you again.

Everyone else I don't know your names, though I am trying to remember them. Sorry I forgot you but I saw some really good players this weekend.

For those that played me in Naruto, I had a very fun time playing you guys. I tried not to use OTKN unless it was against Vayseth cause I like counter picking Vayseth <3 I know some of you guys don't play the game but I saw some of you guys do really well anyway. Yeah the game was Naruto GNT 4 which was the last game released of Naruto on the Game Cube in Japan. Like Vayseth said. There is a new one coming out on the Wii in October and looks promising so maybe I will get to play you guys in that game soon. ^_^

I told Vayseth I would go to Ann Arbor if he had a Naruto Side Tourney during a Brawl event, and I can actually take more Naruto players with me to it that can play the rest of the cast that i could not play, but that is up to Vayseth. =p

Truly a fun time this weekend and hope to play you guys sometime again. Hopefully I can get better and not scrub it out again. XD

Top Bottom