• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Case Scenario - Official "Let's Kill Our Hype" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
My two worst case scenario (3rd one is bad too, but to a lesser extent):

-Everyone bitter about SSB4 not playing like they wanted and go back to their Melee. Sells horribly and Nintendo fatalists get even closer to the truth.
-Gematsu's leak is not only 100% real. Its the only remaining characters and no DLC (nothing against those characters, but the lack of more surprises its always saddening).
-Bowser is again low tier.

Man do I shudder. But in Sakurai we trust.

Last edited:

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Namco stops helping with Smash, and Sakurai's hands become completely paralyzed, causing him to balance characters from the results of playing with his feet.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Here's mine realistic list of worst case

~ Someone air dodging early out of hit stun
~ Meta knight is shown unchanged
~ ROB, Ike, Captain Falcon, Wario, falco, wolf, ness, jiggly puff, Mr. game and watch...oh and I guess ice climbers if any of them were cut.
~ If they spend most of the time showing or talking about all the old/new items and crazy stages which competitive players will never use.
~ If game play is slow down, which is unlikely but possible
~ Costly downloadable content
~ Poor controller support.aka no gamecube controller
Edit: ~ Ridley deconfirmed, which I'm willing to bet real money on he's going to be in and I don't even like him.

I think that's everything that could realistic happen that we could notice. I mean things like chain grabbing aren't going to be shown, lack of combo potential we wont be able to noticed, and overpowered characters can't really be said for sure.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Here's mine realistic list of worst case

~ Someone air dodging early out of hit stun
~ Meta knight is shown unchanged
~ ROB, Ike, Captain Falcon, Wario, falco, wolf, ness, jiggly puff, Mr. game and watch...oh and I guess ice climbers if any of them were cut.
~ If they spend most of the time showing or talking about all the old/new items and crazy stages which competitive players will never use.
~ If game play is slow down, which is unlikely but possible
~ Costly downloadable content
~ Poor controller support.aka no gamecube controller
Edit: ~ Ridley deconfirmed, which I'm willing to bet real money on he's going to be in and I don't even like him.

I think that's everything that could realistic happen that we could notice. I mean things like chain grabbing aren't going to be shown, lack of combo potential we wont be able to noticed, and overpowered characters can't really be said for sure.
Poor controller support...aka no Gamecube controller? That's hilarious...
And the new items and/or crazy stages are what make the game, competitive players can also have fun sometimes, you know?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Poor controller support...aka no Gamecube controller? That's hilarious...
And the new items and/or crazy stages are what make the game, competitive players can also have fun sometimes, you know?
haha, you laugh but if the option is gone to be able use a gamecube controller even with a adapter people wouldn't be happy. I know I wouldn't and I plan to convert to the wii u pro (cheaper and easier to find controllers). While I do agree items and crazy stages can be fun at times I have MORE fun playing the game without so many random factors, like 10x more fun. I mean before I was even introduced to the competitive scene in melee my friends and I played with no items and mostly normal stages for almost 4 years. That was just how we had the most fun and once we did found the scene and we tried to get actually decent we went from liking to LOVING Melee (and for just me) all of the smash series.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
haha, you laugh but if the option is gone to be able use a gamecube controller even with a adapter people wouldn't be happy. I know I wouldn't and I plan to convert to the wii u pro (cheaper and easier to find controllers). While I do agree items and crazy stages can be fun at times I have MORE fun playing the game without so many random factors, like 10x more fun. I mean before I was even introduced to the competitive scene in melee my friends and I played with no items and mostly normal stages for almost 4 years. That was just how we had the most fun and once we did found the scene and we tried to get actually decent we went from liking to LOVING Melee (and for just me) all of the smash series.
Actually, most of the random factors are actually "random" factors, most of them require the player to do something or not do something to actually affect them.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So this thread was bumped, it was almost a year old. People basically start posting it in like it's whatever, when its almost a complete clone of the unpopular opinion thread's responses.

Come on guys ;\.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom