• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Case Scenario - Official "Let's Kill Our Hype" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
What is the possible worst way you think Smash Bros. 4 can be revealed in a few days in the Nintendo Direct? You'll have to assume the game will be revealed with a trailer, but you don't know what will happen in it. What are the worst possible things that could kill your hype about the game that can appear in the trailer?
I created this thread for making the wait a little bit easier. It's all the better when you expect the worst!

For me:

- First of all, the trailer is 40 seconds long. 5 of which are spent for the logo of the new game, titled " New Supre Smash Bros." (the spelling error is in the actual title).
- The game starts with Mario, Luigi and the two Toad from the New Super Mario Bros. series fighting in a stage based on Acorn Plains for about 10 seconds, with a random Mario music on.
- The newcomers are: Toad, Blue Toad (it's a clone), Creepy Pac-Man, Retro Pac-Man and Goku.
- The trailer shows Shulk appearing as an assist trophy.
- Only two stages revealed: generic Battlefield and Acorn Plains.
- At the end the trailer shows "CHRISTMAS 2018".
- Sakurai appears in the Direct and says that the roster will be around 25 characters because he doesn't want to have clones (even if he revealed in the trailer itself two clones) and wants it to be perfectly balanced. A lot of characters are out: Fox, Captain Falcon for example since they haven't appeared in a game for a long time.
- The graphics are terrible because the game will be the same on both WiiU and 3DS. But the WiiU version will have Vegeta as an exclusive.
- The game does not have online features.
- To ease the wait, Iwata announces Melee for the Virtual Console, it's a simple rip, 50 US dollars. The game doesn't feature Fire Emblem characters for some reason.
- Iwata "Tenk iu fo uotchin." THE END

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

No.

I might think of a worst case scenario when I'm bored, then I'll edit it into this post.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Worst case scenario? I may work next tuesday.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
The trailer revealing Pac-Man as a third party.

For me, anyway.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
C'mon guys, play by the rulezzz: you gotta assume the game gets revealed at the Direct and actually comes out.
It's too easy to answer with "Everybody dies"

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Hah, yours is just ridiculous VC. Although I'd be tempted to take it since it has Vegeta............

My slightly more realistic worst case Scenario:

- Gameplay has been slowed down even more to cater to casuals and kids new to the franchise.
- Trailer revolves around Tabuu outlining a similar storyline to Brawls adventure mode.
- # of characters revealed to be about 35 again as Sakurai wishes to just work on fleshing out existing characters and only adding three or four in place of cuts.
- Marth revelaed as an assist trophy and therefore cut.
- Ganondorf shown doing the Falcon "warlock" punch.
- Shulk revealed as an assist trophy.
- Ridley revealed as boss.
- Metaknight shown and looks to be even more overpowered than last time.
- Newcomers revealed are Paper Mario, Ninten and Tingle. There may not be any more newcomers than this due to time constraints.
- Zelda and Ganondorf are in their windwaker forms.
- Link looks slower and nerfed again.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
Hah, yours is just ridiculous VC. Although I'd be tempted to take it since it has Vegeta............

My slightly my more realistic worst case Scenario:

- Gameplay has been slowed down even more to cater to casuals and kids new to the franchise.
- Trailer revolves around Tabuu outlining a similar storyline to Brawls adventure mode.
- # of characters revealed to be about 35 again as Sakurai wishes to just work on fleshing out existing characters and only adding three or four in place of cuts.
- Marth revelaed as an assist trophy and therefore cut.
- Ganondorf shown doing the Falcon "warlock" punch.
- Shulk revealed as an assist trophy.
- Ridley revealed as boss.
- Metaknight shown and looks to be even more overpowered than last time.
- Newcomers revealed are Paper Mario, Ninten and Tingle. There may not be any more newcomers than this due to time constraints.
- Zelda and Ganondorf are in their windwaker forms.
- Link looks slower and nerfed again.
jesus christ. Now this is more like it. All of these would be so depressing to me other than the 2 I highlighted. And these are all at least somewhat plausible

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
What is the possible worst way you think Smash Bros. 4 can be revealed in a few days in the Nintendo Direct? You'll have to assume the game will be revealed with a trailer, but you don't know what will happen in it. What are the worst possible things that could kill your hype about the game that can appear in the trailer?
I created this thread for making the wait a little bit easier. It's all the better when you expect the worst!

For me:

- First of all, the trailer is 40 seconds long. 5 of which are spent for the logo of the new game, titled " New Supre Smash Bros." (the spelling error is in the actual title).
- The game starts with Mario, Luigi and the two Toad from the New Super Mario Bros. series fighting in a stage based on Acorn Plains for about 10 seconds, with a random Mario music on.
- The newcomers are: Toad, Blue Toad (it's a clone), Creepy Pac-Man, Retro Pac-Man and Goku.
- The trailer shows Shulk appearing as an assist trophy.
- Only two stages revealed: generic Battlefield and Acorn Plains.
- At the end the trailer shows "CHRISTMAS 2018".
- Sakurai appears in the Direct and says that the roster will be around 25 characters because he doesn't want to have clones (even if he revealed in the trailer itself two clones) and wants it to be perfectly balanced. A lot of characters are out: Fox, Captain Falcon for example since they haven't appeared in a game for a long time.
- The graphics are terrible because the game will be the same on both WiiU and 3DS. But the WiiU version will have Vegeta as an exclusive.
- The game does not have online features.
- To ease the wait, Iwata announces Melee for the Virtual Console, it's a simple rip, 50 US dollars. The game doesn't feature Fire Emblem characters for some reason.
- Iwata "Tenk iu fo uotchin." THE END
:rotfl: You are guys are getting pretty silly and childish when you guys mention him.

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
Well, I guess the worst case scenario for me would be if none of my most wanted newcomers were added (Takamaru, Little Mac, Chrom, Dillon, Megaman, Ridley and Palutena...and Issac :)

D

Deleted member

My worst case scenario is: Takamaru, Little Mac, Megaman, Pac-Man, Ridley, Dark Samus, Tingle, R.O.B, wolf, roy, zoroak, clones, tripping returning, slower fps than brawl, crappyier online than brawl(That would be a travesty), meta knight being UBER OP, ganon not getting his own moveset..or being cut will bring a tear to my eye, seeing snake again, seeing 3 LANDMASTERS again, the fan not being nerfed, footstooling is annoying, marth getting cut for chrom = rage, and finally Smash 4 not having a competitive online would suck so much. Is it to much to ask for Smash Bros High scores?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Worst case scenario: My body isn't ready and my internal organs violently implode 5 seconds into the trailer.

One's body NOT being ready is the most fearful and worst scenario in existence.

Volodya

Smash Apprentice
I got it.

-Intro very similar to Brawl; Mario, Link, Pikachu and Kirby run on screen in new graphics
-They are shown fighting on revamped versions of everyone's 3 favorite stages: Rumble Falls, Warioware and 75m
-The camera starts to zoom out, revealing the television on which the game is played
-Sakurai is playing, he looks at the camera and smiles
-He is on a Wii balance board
-"See! Characters are balanced!"
-It is revealed you must lean left or right to walk/run, jumping requires jumping
-Double jumping isn't cut, but it requires a miracle
-"It's all intuitive!"
-Both normal and special attacks are made with the gamepad touchscreen
-"In order to fully appreciate the new controls, we have not incorporated the use of other controllers in this Smash Brothers. Once players try this new experience, I know they'll love it."
-This is all real
-Sakurai has been talking to the camera this whole time, and thus has been losing the match. Luckily, the game has given him 5 Final Smashes so he can catch up!
-Sakurai wins, and is exhausted from the match. He leaps onto a couch and laughs to himself, alone.
-Awkward silence.
-Suddenly, you hear a codec sound! What is this?!
-"Oh, that's just my cell phone!" Sakurai answers. An enigmatic phone call takes place: "...Yes, at the location we discussed. Yes sir, this is the perfect idea for the trailer. I look forward to tomorrow morning's news flash. Yes sir... Yes sir... Yes sir! Whatever you say, Mr. President." He hangs up, looks once more at the camera, and smiles awkwardly.
-Fade to black. Or rather, to subspace.
-Enter Tabeaux, a reincarnated form of Tabuu. He is the villain the new story mode The Subspace Diplomat: Sanctions Against Reality.
-He is holding the trophies of Snake and Sonic. He looks at them, as if pondering their fate. He then throws them into a deep abyss.
-ROB units rove in, carrying 3 new trophies whose figures can't be identified. Tabeaux turns around, inspects them, and starts laughing maniacally. Now a true fade to black.
-"Three new challengers appear!"
-It is revealed Dead or Alive will have 3 representatives in Smash Bros, in volleyball attire
-There will be no other 3rd party characters
-Their combat is shown: all of their final smashes are Landmasters
-Scratch that, everyone's final smash is a Landmaster
-Cut to Sakurai on the Wii balance board, surrounded by women dressed like the DoA characters. One of them is undoing his pants.
-In his least-forced smile yet, Sakurai shouts "Now my body is ready!" Everyone laughs heartily.
-Sakurai is being pleasured on screen. Reggie appears stage left and says
-"haha, isn't it funny"
-"haha"
-A black screen! The long-awaited namedrop!
-Super Smash Brothers 4: Whorgy.
-Rated K-A
-Release date TBA

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Worst case scenario: game is slower than before, player 1 MUST use the gamepad, and we have less freedom when adjusting rules. All in order to move away from "competition" and closer to "fun".

TewnLeenk

BRoomer
Worst case scenario. I'm watching the trailer from the Nintendo Direct, enjoying every wonderful and glorious moment of Super Smash Bros 4. The black screen appears and shows off the sexy new logo for Smash 4. Everything is perfect, we are in the paradise of gaming right now, when all of a sudden out of no where, godamn annoying Tails from "Sonic" is shown at the end as the surprise character. He is basically an exact clone of Sonic. The game has been delayed till Winter 2018 to allow more development time to that stupid fox in.

My reaction:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
-ridley confirmed to not be playable
- no newcomers
- a 2015 release date
- they be less then 40 characters
- no dojo this time
- 3ds held the main game back in some way

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
- The game is delayed until at least 2015
- No K. Rool, Little Mac, Takamaru, Mewtwo, Mega Man or Isaac (If that's the case, there's a strong possibility I may not buy it. If even three of them are missing, even.)
- Less than 45 characters
- Ganon has been cut, and so has Lucario, Ike, Snake and Sonic
- No dojo
- Pac Man is the only third party.
- The 3DS and Wii U have exactly the same stages and roster.

Eww....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My worst case scenario is: Takamaru, Little Mac, Megaman, Pac-Man, Ridley, Dark Samus, Tingle, R.O.B, wolf, roy, zoroak, clones, tripping returning, slower fps than brawl, crappyier online than brawl(That would be a travesty), meta knight being UBER OP, ganon not getting his own moveset..or being cut will bring a tear to my eye, seeing snake again, seeing 3 LANDMASTERS again, the fan not being nerfed, footstooling is annoying, marth getting cut for chrom = rage, and finally Smash 4 not having a competitive online would suck so much. Is it to much to ask for Smash Bros High scores?
Wait... You don't want all those characters?

But yeah, no Ridley would kill my hype.

Removing Pokemon Trainer would be a slap in the face.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Worst case scenario for me:
I'm watching the trailer and all of a sudden a character trips. I RAGE a lot. Then a character gets hit and airdodges right away, meaning they havent fixed brawl hitstun and I RAGE a lot more. Then Sakurai comes up and says he's cut off my main for some other lame characters. I would die.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
-ridley confirmed to not be playable
- no newcomers
- a 2015 release date
- they be less then 40 characters
- no dojo this time
- 3ds held the main game back in some way

Pretty much this.

Except instead for no newcomers announced the only newcomer in the whole game will be Toad.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Well that would be when no additional Troll-Character like Waluigi or Tingle get in (even Gaston would be ok).
Or the game is even slower than Brawl.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Hype killers:
-Thajra is the only new playable FE character
-Random tripping returns
-Non-VG characters get into the game.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The only thing that would kill my hype a little bit is if they do confirm a Namco character to be playable in smash, but oh well, I guess I might as well deal with it if they do. No offence for those who do like them or are excited about them, I'm happy for you if they do show up, They just don't really appeal to me. :/

Best case scenario? If Layton and/or Megaman get shown instead. :grin:

Overall, I don't think there is any way they can properly screw this up for me though, even a 40 second trailer would hype me up, its been how long now since they first announced working on smash 4? I love most of Nintendo's characters and they will all pretty much excite me anyway and the stages and new features would also be very lovely to see. :)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
1) Online DRM.
2) Paid Wifi subscription.
3) Random Tripping
4) Butterfingers a mechanic where you can miss or slip off the edge much quicker.
5) Metal Mario, Dr. Mario, Shadow Mario and Paper Mario all make it into the game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
1) Each WiFi match is with items, and 2 minute time match again
2) Horrible character imbalance even worse than :metaknight: - :ganondorf: and :foxmelee: - :pichumelee:
3) Favorite newcomers as Ridley and K.Rool are horribly bad
4) Mewtwo is worse than in Melee
5) Goku and Naruto actually get into the game
6) Gameplay is slower than Brawl's, and has even less advanced techniques
7) You and your 4 year old daughter / sister have an equal chance on winning matches

Also:

***** don't kill my hype :cool:

TewnLeenk

BRoomer
If characters like Goku and Naruto got into the game I would lose my mind in rage.

volbound1700

Smash Master
This isn't too bad but what if he only showed the 4 Vets and made it just a 30 second video. That would stink. He also announces the following below:

1. Sakurai cuts all third parties except Chun Li who was the Capcom Character Sakurai was talking about.
2. Sakurai decided to use motion controls rather than regular controllers
3. No online
4. Roster for DS version is basically 64 Roster with Metaknight and Falco added and Metaknight is overpowered.
5. All the newcomers are clones of Brawl characters.
6. No stage editor
7. All the levels are full of random events and are junk.

Also @ Diddy Kong. If Ridley makes the game, I guarantee you he will be low tier. He will probably play like Charizard unfortunately (perhaps a clone in a worse case scenario?)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You guys want Popeye instead :troll:
We don't want non-video game characters. Period.

Even Sakurai has stated on how adding too much third-party characters deviate from the series' focus, let alone a non-video game character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom