• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Case Scenario - Official "Let's Kill Our Hype" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
The following list has some more realistic concerns of mine:

• A character creation mode is added or Miis are used as custom characters.
  • Pac-Man is confirmed as Namco Bandai representative. Bonus points if Mega Man also gets confirmed, repreating Street Fighter x Tekken all over again. Ugh.
  • A 4th party character (out of medium) is confirmed.
  • The Wii U and 3DS versions have drastic changes in roster and/or gameplay.
  • Any of the Original 12 get axed.
  • A drought of new characters happens.
  • A new Kid Icarus rep is not confirmed.
  • Geno is confirmed.
  • A second Sonic character is confirmed.
  • Physics are slower than Brawl or are not on par with Melee.
  • Nintendo disregards that Smash has a dedicated, hardcore fanbase and implements more features in favor of casuals.
  • The game has many imbalances.
  • Tripping returns.
  • Goku/Naruto/Ichigo/any Shounen Jump protagonist is confirmed.
  • No multiple control styles.
  • The Adventure Mode is a Subspace Emissary sequel and/or has bad narrative, doesn't use voice acting, and Nintendo villains and enemies do not appear.
  • An alternate version of Link is confirmed. Seriously, I'm getting sick and tired of this, especially when both versions we got were clones.
  • Meta Knight is not nerfed and/or is axed.
  • Wi-Fi is laggy and restricts player interaction and all other standard modes.
  • A character from Microsoft, Sony, or any other out-of-console game companies are confirmed.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Ugh, Pac-Man is up there with the Mii for me. He's a great character and modern gaming owes a heck of a lot to him, but 3D does not suit him well.

Tripping returning would be an actual nightmare.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
My points for Pac-Man not being a good choice for SSB4:

1: Due to Mega Man's demand, if Pac-Man is included, then we repeat the PS3/Vita version of Street Fighter x Tekken. That crossover's been over and done with, so freshness is welcomed.
2: Pac-Man just doesn't build hype unlike Lloyd and would seem anticlimactic as an initial reveal.

Yeah, he has a lot going for him in the moveset department and even The Ghost Adventures coming up. Although my points are speculative, I just don't want him in my Smash. :/

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
My points for Pac-Man not being a good choice for SSB4:

1: Due to Mega Man's demand, if Pac-Man is included, then we repeat the PS3/Vita version of Street Fighter x Tekken. That crossover's been over and done with, so freshness is welcomed.

Not really a fair comparison. Mega Man is most emphatically not Bad Box Art Megaman. Still, you have a point.

Vinnyt

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Bros. Arena!

An isometric RTA in the same vein as League of Legends! 8 players on the screen at a time! Go destroy the other teams Wii U before they destroy yours!

And don't forget the leader board, where the people who play Arena can become more talked about than the characters in the game!

geno

Smash Apprentice
To encourage good sportsmanship, any time someone ends a match prematurely, you get a Mr. Resetti rant

Moderate skill

Smash Apprentice
Ness, Captain Falcon, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Lucas, the IC's, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Sheik (Zelda's down special becomes toon Zelda), and Rob are cut due to not being current enough.
They're still programmed in, though.
Nintendo adknowledges popular requests for newcomers but ignores them to avoid looking needy,
Metaknight recieves a projectile and better airspeed, but is otherwise unchanged.
Mii, the Duck Hunt dog, and Hello Kitty are the only announced newcomers.
Always online DRM.
An unskippable 20-second lecture on good sportsmanship follows each game.
Shaking the gamepad trips everyone.

micegoose

Smash Rookie
Everyone is a clone of Luigi because it's the "year of Luigi".
The only way to KO someone is to get them to 300% and final smash them. Smash balls appear every 12 seconds and can not be turned off. If you get hit off the stage, you just loop to the other side.
Yoshio Sakamoto writing the story mode story.
Ridley is confirmed but doesn't do his Metroid Prime 3 arm flailing.
Player with Gamepad gets a special meteor smash. Drag them off the stage and swipe downwards.
The trailer is just Wario farting on Peach, then the logo.

Wronskian-Physics

Smash Cadet
It's too late to kill the hype, it's too laaaate....

That said, I will just fall flat on my face if Pac man is there.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
I will pull the plug on my personal hype machine if...
- An excess of veterans are axed. I'm expecting Toon Link, Lucario, and Ike to go, and I'm not sure if Lucas will return, but beyond those four (except Sheik, who I will address later), I won't be very happy with many veterans getting cut.
- The roster is still imbalanced. I don't expect perfection, but I do expect something better than what Melee and Brawl gave us.
- A character creation is generic (as in, not modeled after pre-existing Nintendo concepts such as the Fire Emblem avatar and Custom Robo) or Miis are the basis thereof.
- Of the following characters, less than 3 are playable: Shulk, Palutena, Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo.
- Waluigi is playable.
- Sheik stays and Impa isn't added. Seriously, Impa has the same freaking fighting style, Zelda and Impa get new down specials, and are no longer tied to a gimmick involving an irrelevant character. The only thing to lose in this process is the transformation, which nobody ever uses in battle.
- Final Smashes work the same way they did in Brawl.
- Master Hand and Crazy Hand have the same attacks as they've always had.
- The story mode locales are once again generic instead of locations from Nintendo games.
- We get another slew of bosses solely invented for SSB.

GreenMunchkin

Smash Apprentice
(Feasible) worst case scenario, hmm?
- Cut Ice Climbers instead of making a game about them soon, like with Pit.
- Cut Jigglypuff, or Captain Falcon. They are the two most majestic forces in the omniverse.
- Random characters from animes (Goku, Naruto)
- Tripping still in. (Confirmed as gone, whew.)
- Around 4-5 neutral stages, and 3-4 counterpicks. We need AT LEAST 7 starters. At least 6 CPs would also be excellent.
- Wii Fit Trainer out of freaking nowhere, but no Rosalina, even though just as best-selling, and a FAR more interesting character. Star goddess, for god's sake.
- If Duck Hunt Dog or Pac-Man is in this game, I will literally learn how to hack the game so that I can remove him.
- They cut the size of the roster.
- Items, or even just Final Smashes, can't be turned off.
- Power imbalance at the level of brawl or melee.
- Subspace 2.0, which takes up a ****-ton of their development time.
- I could probably list a hundred or so more, but I don't want to give the world any more ideas. -_-

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
I'm going to be brutally realistic here:

- 30 characters total besides Mii's or some other number less than the amount of characters in Brawl
- Ice Climbers and Olimar cut due to difficulty programming them on the 3DS version
- Switching form characters a too difficult to do with 3DS so those characters are either cut to 1 form or removed
- Only 5 newcomers including the already announced Villager, Fit Girl and Mega Man
- More reused Smash Attacks
- Clones remain for ease of programming so the more unique move sets are cut while we still have two Links and two to three similar Star Fox fighters

All of this could happen within reason but the last two are probably the least likely

I'm more and more confident there will be less characters than Brawl due to the 3DS limitations holding back the Wii U and Sakurai's desire to keep things balanced. This game is starting to feel like the Marvel vs. Capcom of Smash Bros. only it actually has Mega Man.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Warning Received
Hit stun canceling would kill hype for just about anyone. No combos would make me sad. If it was back though I'd still buy the game. (and so would all of you :troll:)

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Tripping is gone! Instead, when using a smash attack, you can randomly damage yourself.

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Roster is 42 characters or less. That would be a drag to me, considering there were close to 40 in Brawl.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'm a huge DBZ fan, I would get enjoyment out of Goku being in smash, however even I understand it's not good for the integrity and purpose of the game.
So yes I hope it doesn't happen, but I could live with it. But I would pretty much be done with the series and hope the next smash got rebooted.

Chorus men, will be a slight hype killer but not a world ender, it will have about the same effects as WFT and ROB did on me.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Meh. No one character would kill hype for me (Though Pacman or Mii would lower it), it's more when there's confirmation of Ivysaur being gone that will hurt me significantly. Though I'm still expecting it.

I need a character reveal that I can be stoked about. Greninja is good but... Would like Paper Mario.. or something

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
- Ness won't return.
- No King K. Rool.
- Shorter Music list than in Brawl.
- Sorted All-Star (I preffered Melee's Random Selection)

Yeah, as you can see, it's very minor things that would drag my hype down. But that is because I'm so hyped that I can't be broken unless, Ness won't return. That is the ONLY thing that would kill me.

slicesabre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2621-2933-2738
Items are entirely removed from the game.

Tripping will ALWAYS happen when you run.

Final Destination is the only stage allowed to be played.

You may only play as Pichu.

Literally piss off the entire specturm of Smash players.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
clothing damage is added....only for wario
dsp is the announcer
dsp voices all characters
dsp plays the game(trust me this is bad)
namcos rep is a power pellete
sonic is replaced by charmy bee
megaman is replaced by ryu from streetfighter
king k rool is added as a stage
ridley is an item
waluigi is playable and shulk takes his assist tennis racket and all
all stages not mentioned before are taken from ff13 (there just hallways which means they are only walk offs no star ko's)
story mode is in but written by "insert wosrt writer here"

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
How come I've never posted here? I was made for this!
-If one of my potentials mains are cut (which thankfully doesn't seem to be the case for right now, but you never know).
-If they go the "Skylanders" route and make me buy those figurines to get characters.
-If online is worse than Brawl.
-If "For Glory" ends up being a place filled with trolls and taunt parties because it's meant to be more serious than "For Fun".
-If Rob, Ice Climbers, or Mr G&W are cut.
-If Miiverse prides itself in said actions (though it'd make me lose hope in humanity more than anything).
-If the metagame ends up broken. And we end up getting another Meta Knight.
-If Miis end up customizable (like being able to edit the face).
-Alternatively, if Miis can use moves from other characters.
-If Yoshi ended up with Baby Mario.

...Just off the top of my head...

Last edited:

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
...Sm4sh is Melee 2.0.

*giggles like a schoolgirl and runs off into the distance with trollface.*

But seriously folks, worst case scenario, the game causes another divide like Melee/Brawl and we never, EVER, EVER hear the end of it until the next Smash game, if there is one.

Tackman91

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tackman91
3DS FC
0259-0399-7980
Nintendo decides to drop the Wii U and all support for it before Smash 4 comes out.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
-If Miis end up customizable (like being able to edit the face).
Miis that don't have your actual Mii's face would be a spit on the face, what's the point of having Miis if it's like that!? No customizable movesets, but customizable faces and outfit colors are a MUST.

- No Ridley.
- L-Cancel returning.
- Not getting a Bowser's Castle stage.
- Not having a half-decent story mode for the Wii U version.
- No upgraded Stage Builder.
- Less than 12 music tracks per stage.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Miis that don't have your actual Mii's face would be a spit on the face, what's the point of having Miis if it's like that!? No customizable movesets, but customizable faces and outfit colors are a MUST.
Because I feel Miis don't need it to be a character.
And I'd prefer it if Sakurai could put the time and effort towards other things than being able to make your Mii Mario.

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Because I feel Miis don't need it to be a character.
And I'd prefer it if Sakurai could put the time and effort towards other things thank being able to make your Mii Mario.
"Sakurai should put time and effort towards things I care for because things I personally don't care for are worthless"
I'd love to fight as myself on the Smash universe, againist all of these Nintendo personalities, that's the whole point of Miis...not being able to put your face on the Mii character would feel like an insult.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"Sakurai should put time and effort towards things I care for because things I personally don't care for are worthless"
Fine, I'll eat my words. That was a little rash for me.
But I still stand by my statement that Miis don't need customization to work. They can still be their own character. We just have this tendency to completely ignore that potential just so we can put our face in the game.

I'd love to fight as myself on the Smash universe, againist all of these Nintendo personalities, that's the whole point of Miis...not being able to put your face on the Mii character would feel like an insult.
So, let me get this straight.
You blast me when I say Sakurai should appeal to my needs (in your words), but then you go on to do the exact same thing I did.
Yeah that's not how the world works ya know. We can't always get what we want.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
- 3DS version literally only has Classic, Group, and Smash Run. No stadiums, no events, no all-star mode
- WiiU version is basically Brawl without Subspace
- Squirtle and Ivysaur come back, as well as Pokemon Trainer as a standalone character with his own moveset and not in the background
- but Mewtwo is nowhere to be found...
- Snake and Lucas are cut
- Assist Trophy reel of "sword-based" fighters, showing Shulk, Chrom, Lucina, Lyn, Takamaru, and Isaac.
- Cooking Mama is a newcomer. Well who did you expect would inherit Kirby's Cook Final Smash?
- To prevent 3DS owners from spoiling the full roster to WiiU owners, the hidden characters are only avaliable initially on the WiiU. Then, they will slowly start releasing 3DS patches for the hidden characters, one-by-one, just for $.99 a piece.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
So, let me get this straight.
You blast me when I say Sakurai should appeal to my needs (in your words), but then you go on to do the exact same thing I did.
Yeah that's not how the world works ya know. We can't always get what we want.
I'm just saying that the point of Miss has always been inserting yourself into the game, so I'd rather not have them than play as Guest A.

- 3DS version literally only has Classic, Group, and Smash Run. No stadiums, no events, no all-star mode
- WiiU version is basically Brawl without Subspace
- Squirtle and Ivysaur come back, as well as Pokemon Trainer as a standalone character with his own moveset and not in the background
- but Mewtwo is nowhere to be found...
- Snake and Lucas are cut
- Assist Trophy reel of "sword-based" fighters, showing Shulk, Chrom, Lucina, Lyn, Takamaru, and Isaac.
- Cooking Mama is a newcomer. Well who did you expect would inherit Kirby's Cook Final Smash?
- To prevent 3DS owners from spoiling the full roster to WiiU owners, the hidden characters are only avaliable initially on the WiiU. Then, they will slowly start releasing 3DS patches for the hidden characters, one-by-one, just for $.99 a piece.
Ivysaur coming back would be the second coming of Jesus...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom