• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Case Scenario - Official "Let's Kill Our Hype" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
The only thing that would kill my hype a little bit is if they do confirm a Namco character to be playable in smash, but oh well, I guess I might as well deal with it if they do. No offence for those who do like them or are excited about them, I'm happy for you if they do show up, They just don't really appeal to me. :/

Best case scenario? If Layton and/or Megaman get shown instead. :grin:

Overall, I don't think there is any way they can properly screw this up for me though, even a 40 second trailer would hype me up, its been how long now since they first announced working on smash 4? I love most of Nintendo's characters and they will all pretty much excite me anyway and the stages and new features would also be very lovely to see. :)
only namco character I see thats would fit is pac-man I love to have him in

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
-Ike has been removed and no other fire emblem characters made the cut
-Luigi has some stupid vacuum garbage
-A 4th Kirby Character
-A 4th Star Fox Character
-Ghirahim
-Another song in terrible Latin that will be the basis of the entire game's soundtrack
-Pac-Man
-Pac-Man
-Snake has been removed
-Pac-Man

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
-Either Goku or Pac-Man is confirmed. (Or worse, both.)
-Ridley or King K. Rool is not.

That's all I really see realistically disappointing me about the trailer; I don't expect a lot of gameplay just yet.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I personally consider Captain N and Wreck-It Ralph the only worthy non-video game characters to be in Smash.
I'd rather see Mickey Mouse in Smash than Goku. -_- I'd actually enjoy seeing Ralph in the game though!

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Nah, not unless Sakurai reversed his position on non-Nintendo characters. Besides, I think Disney doesn't like having their characters in fighting games.

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
why the hatred of pacman he is a gaming icon and deserves to be in this game

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
-They announce that their aim for SSB4 is to be more realistic, implementing new features such as uncontrollable falls.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
why the hatred of pacman he is a gaming icon and deserves to be in this game
I find Pac-Man to be a rather bland and uninteresting character choice in comparison with other possible Namco reps, despite his iconic status.

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
he is imo the only character of namcos that really fits in this game

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
he is imo the only character of namcos that really fits in this game

Really? I feel like Smash has seen enough character variety that it's hard to really think of anything but the most "M rated" characters as unfitting. In any case, a lot of people like Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia for the spot... if Fire Emblem characters fit, then so does he.

Not to mention Klonoa, he super fits the Smash world. And I want Dig Dug...

If it was announced that you could no longer edit the items, that'd be pretty hype-murdery.
And, not to harp on it... Dragonball Z/Naruto/Bleach characters might actually make me reluctant to buy the game.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yoshimitsu. C'mon his name starts with Yoshi, he fits

I didn't mention him (and other SC/Tekken characters) because I heard somewhere that Sakurai wasn't including characters that're actually from other fighting games? I definitely think that Yoshimitsu could be designed in a way that makes him fit in well. Just give him a slightly more fun-natured mask and take away his suicide moves and he'd be just right.
(I can see how a lot of people wouldn't want to see other fighter games characters in Smash, though. I'd be fine with it as long as they're characters who have a history with Nintendo.)

I'd also feel de-hyped if it turns out that any of the characters I like are removed.
Dehyped if they showed Ridley as a boss fight, deconfirming him as playable.
I agree that I didn't like Brawl's theme song and wouldn't really want to see one like it in SSB4. A pity, I love the composer, but it was an oddly repetitive and, well, dumb sounding piece.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What would kill my hype?

-ANY NON-VIDEO GAME CHARACTER
-Bad Balance
-Tripping
-Bayonetta or Travis Touchdown (I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry)
-Luigi is bottom tier. :p

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
-Street Fighter Characters
-Tekken Characters
-No King K.Rool, Ridley or Isaac
-Mewtwo returns...as a Pokeball and Genesect confirmed
-Cuts that are not Toon Link
-New Metroid stage has more hazards
-Another Link is added to the roster
-Another Mario is added to the roster
-Floatier Gameplay
-Pokemon Trainer Pokemon changed to ****** 5th Gen Pokemon
-Roy returns with the same clone moveset as before
-Subspace Emissary 2: Twice the Generic
-Meta Knight bottom tier
-Peach's final smash is still the same
-Snake and Sonic cut
-*insert anime character here* is put in the roster

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Worst case senario: All Nintendo employees the world over are killed by Microsoft Ninjas in order to force people to buy the Big Brother Box 1.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Starfox deserves two reps. Fox and Falco. Anything more than that is ********
but wolf and to an extent krystal are actually good characters

and all the characters before command: fanfiction.net were fine

you guys ***** too much

I'll give my hand at one:
-Instead of Lloyd and Megaman, we get something that sucks for both series and makes no sense. Or we get Jon Talbain to piss off MvC fans most wanted character even further. Also we get Chrono in the game! ...As an assist trophy
-None of the popular choices are picked. For the most part, most series don't get additions to the roster, and the ones that do suck. There will be one good character but who's fanbase already passed like Geno and Midna and we'll hate them for it
-Only one new franchise and it's not what you guys want. Shulk? No. Isaac? Nah. How about The Reaper from Eternal Darkness! Or something to that extent that's grade-A ******.
-More cut characters than Melee. Most of them are from Brawl's roster, with Sakurai lying about how he enjoyed Brawl's roster to plot twist anyone and make people think we were getting no cuts.
-Subspace Emissary 2 is a worse game than most of Nintendo's platformers. It makes us even talk about how SSE1 was better. Like, 90% of the game development time is dedicated to this
-Pichu, Doc, Mewtwo, and Roy return. All even more boring than ever.
-Pokemon Trainer gets changed to all Magikarp, Magikarp 2, and Polygon. The Pokemon Trainer himself is now Ash with a persona gun.
-The game tries to be hipster. The game will be named "Super Indie Smash Bros" and the boxart will contain only hipster characters that don't even make an appearence in smash 4
-Masked Man is a Meta-Knight clone
-Paper Mario is a Luigi clone
-All clones are now not only made more generic but are practically 95% the same character
-Air tripping
-Air tripping
-Worse online
-Air. Tripping.
-Your mother is the only character immune to air tripping
-Air Tripping.
-D for DLC. 3DS version sucks and the versions have too many differences
-Melee HD is made, except it's more casual than Brawl
-RELEASE DATE: 2017 - And still half of Sora LTD is shipped off. Even the contract workers.
-More Tripping
-Air. ****ing. Tripping.

memememe

Smash Apprentice
Some worst-case scenarios I could actually see happening (unlikely, but not impossible:)

-No new characters are revealed.
-It is announced that the roster will see no new additions and vast cuts, narrowing it down to the 'core characters' of Nintendo.
-Wii U/3DS connectivity is required to play or complete either game.
-The 3rd party character is someone nobody wanted or asked for
-The GamePad is the only way to play.
-The new gameplay mechanic is more maximum fighters per round.
-The game's competitive nature has been subdued even further to mimic more of a "party game"

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh, I've got another one. I'm hoping I don't piss off anyone with this, but honestly, it should be generally agreed upon to be a negative result, based on community expectation:

The roster contains the following, because Sakurai decided, for SOME reason, that relevancy was extra-important this time around.

The worst-case roster:

- Koopalings. All of them.
- Tiki Tong. He's big. Too big.
- Anthony and Adam. Especially Adam. In fact, it's just Adam both times, but the first time he's wearing blackface.
- Yarn Kirby
- Yarn Yoshi replacing Yoshi, or just both, the only difference is looks.
- Charlie, as a complete Olimar clone.
- LttP2 Link. Toon Link is still there.
- Takamuddyrider. It's Muddy Mole with a topknot and a katana on a motorcycle. People wanted one or two of them, right? Why not all three at once?
- Tharja wielding Falchion, and Chrom (I still want him) in place of both Ike and Marth. (I don't want that...)
- Colress in place of PT
- Newtwo as the only form of Mewtwo
- Bayonetta (Even though she'd be alright, I don't want her replacing Snake and Sonic)
- Bad Boxart Mega Man
- Matthew and Isa Jo. Sorry DSN.
-Krystal. In fact, Krystal and Slippy. In addition to the current three.
- No Shulk.
- Glass Joe instead of Little Mac. Doc doesn't show up at all.
- Eggplant Wizard is the new KI rep. UGH.
- Masked Man, but with a moveset that's exactly the same as Ness/Lucas.

The llist goes on and on. With a few jokes thrown in, I'd say this is definitely my worst case.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
If the game they showed under the guess of SSB4 was actually the Super Smash Bros. HD Collection. Not that something like that would be bad, but that as what all the hype over the past few years was building up to is a remake?

Iwata: "Now you can see your favorite characters fight in high definition. Just look at the remastered textures on Mario's cap."

Alternatively, Shaquelle O'Neil confirmed as 3rd party with Shaq Fu moveset.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Holy crap Vintage Creep. I laughed so hard after reading your original post. That December 2018 really had me rolling on the floor literally. I kept trying to type a response but I was weak from laughter.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Mii being playable is pretty much my worst-case scenario.

I'd almost enjoy Goku just for how hilariously stupid it'd be. Beating the crap out of Goku with Peach? Doesn't sound too bad.

geno

Smash Apprentice
Worst case scenarios?
- Title: Super Smash Bros. Spat/Tussle
- Tripping taken out. Breaking bones added in instead.
- A Pokemon Trainer for every gen! It'd be awesome, but too many Pokemans...
- Geno confirmed! As an assist trophy...
- No actual SSB4 trailer at E3
- Final Smashes are a central part of the game

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Trying to be a little more thoughtful with some of mine

- If they cut Falco because he's "too similar to Fox", but keep Wolf.
- two of the following: If they keep Ike OR if they remove Marth OR if Chrom isn't a new character.
- if the 3ds version is entirely required to obtain all of the characters or major content in the Wii U version.
- if players using a particular controller (like the gamepad) had some sort of advantage over those on other controllers
- if ice climbers are STILL broken (but we won't know this until release) OR if they remove or completely change ice climbers because they don't know how to fix them properly
- similar to tekken and soul calibur, the game becomes heavily oriented towards frame advantage
- there are character(s) who can only be played on one version of the game
- wi-fi remains babby mode and you still can't communicate in any way or change/agree/search for specific game rules

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The title is revealed as Super Smash Bros. Epic. (there were already enough games with the word, epic released in 2010) and after this, the trailer shows Mario, Link and Kirby fighting, but with Goku in place of Pikachu. They're fighting on an Airship from Super Mario Galaxy, with the nothing other than stars and space in the backround, and no hazards. During the fight, a Smashball appears and is broken by Mario, but when he tries to use it, Link attacks him during Mario Finale and K.O's easily. Sakurai reveals that the Pokemon universe has been removed from the game and replaced with the Dragon Ball universe, and also that if you are extremely vunerable while using a Final Smash. The character roster is then shown with all starting characters consisting of only 1 character from each series. The items option is not visible, and Sakurai states that items have been removed because he felt it would make fights more fair, and the only remaining item (smashballs) can no longer be turned off. Finally, Sakurai says that they will be working long and hard on the game to make every character have completely different moves from one and other so as to keep former characters like Luigi and Falco, but to also remove clones, and says that if they are unable to come up with a different move for every character, they will push the release date to 2020 to change all the characters back to their Brawl movesets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom