• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WORLD HOBO 3: 185 Ledge grabs later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I DO, however, want to see the numbers and whatnot on Brawl Singles pools. I wanna know why some people had 10 man pools, while others only had 7.

And top 3 make it out? That sounded like a big no-no from the get-go.
Nothing bad against Xyro, but I also was not happy with this. I too got 4th seed. A Pit main... Don I think, almost taking 4th seed when he 2-0'ed me.

Fogo (3rd Seed) - I almost won but game 3 I started doing stupid mistakes when both of us were one or two kill moves away on our last stock.

Mini-Shoutout: It was good having a rematch since... HOBO 29 I believe. Since I was still bad at the time, a small improvement to arrive to Game 3, Even if Game 2 was a lucky win on my side.

Redhalberd (2nd Seed) - I knew i'd lose if he chose MK, Snake I would've been able to handle pretty good from having tons of Snake experience (Hello SA and Austin) and seeing his big mistakes against Polt months ago. But he used Falco which surprised me, I still lost but I believe he was always on his Last stock under around 20%.

Mini-Shoutout: You were actually funny enough to make me chuckle a few times "I ain't even Mad!"
Espy (1st Seed) - He's Espy, It was fun playing him even if it meant I'd lose badly, but what gave me a bit of motivation to try and win was when people were trashtalking towards me saying "3 Stock this terrible Yoshi" (Something along the lines of that) I decided to go aggro and use techs that he didn't see coming and take a stock each game So I was pleased to counter whoevers Trashtalking it was.
Whoever it was I know it's sarcasm, I just see it as a Drive to make me try more.

Mini-Shoutout: Watching MLP with everyone else in the hotel room was great, and never turn to the dark side. /MK

The bad things about whobo 3.
4. RichBrown vs Will: 185 LGs later

I am a firm believer in "punish the offenders and ONLY the offenders." MK(maybe pit) is the reason why we have a scrooging rule....not ****ing charizard(yet hes under the same rule). The act of plainking(different than stalling) is banned because of MK.....not ****ing link(yet hes under the same rule). LGLs were created because of MK(maybe gw and maybe pit)......not ****ing ganon(yet hes under the same rule). It is 100% unfair to force character than CANT plaink/stall to have a LGL. Being on the ledge is extremely safe for lots of characters and since a LGL of 40 is put on them they now have to worry about going over the limit and pray a timeout doesnt happen(because they would lose due to the rule). Thats dumb and not needed.

But then it hit me.......

RichBrowns money, hard work and skill with olimar were negated because of a stupid *** tactic and a lack of rules to stop it. He went from EARNING a 2 or 3 stock the previous match to losing the set to a ****ing DK who grabbed the lege 185 times. The only way he could have beat it was to go MK. I agree that people need to have back-up plans for the stupid **** this game dishes out but at the same time there needs to be some sort of limit. It is totally unfair to say "just go mk/snake/diddy..... it will solve your problem." Do really want this game to boil down to 3-4 characters THIS fast? Im flip-flopping(or flip-hopping lol) alot now so i think what im trying to say is I used to be "lgl-mk-only" but now im totally open to LGL for more than just MK. Wether is 50 for all or 50 for all but 40 for mk or just add lgls to only the chars that require them....w/e i think something needs to be done and im totally open for doing that. I will be talking to the bbr-rc about it.
*Insert Salt here*
See if Pit can be added to that list with MK, Even if he isn't MK himself and I main A terrible character at the name Yoshi. Pit just seems... I don't know I'll just say no matter how good I am, I can almost lose to the most basic Pit cause literally, all he/she has to do with Pit is Shoot arrows, Spotdodge all my moves and either use Fsmash to throw me away and go to the edge to Plank with UAir, Or just go to the opposite side of the stage and continue the arrow spam.
This could just be Me or the character itself, but as Xyro said, after a Doubles friendlie with Two pit mains and losing from the exact tactic I typed up, I decided to ask a random player (Can't remember Who) if they know a way to destroy the annoyance that is known as Pit. Their answer was MK/Snake/Diddy. I was upset at the answer I sorta knew was coming but Oh well...

Alright enough of my nonsense Ranting, i'll post Shoutouts later despite how terrible I did in the tournament itself.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Ohhhh I remember that. I thought I was joking with that and trying to be funny. Sorry if I sounded rude :(
LOL oh true? In that case it's all good. It's just hard to tell sometimes but I dont really take anything personally either way.

edit:
Espy I have a pocket falco but no sonic exp so it was just a risk lol. I didn't feel like taking you somewhere gay and trying to time you out, you're too legit!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I wanna take back what i said about florida and gnes. Redhalbert got him AGAIN. I dont get it. I really dont.

i will do shout outs tonight though.

btw, just dropped off richbrown at the airport, he missed his flight by 2min............cause i stopped to get gas.

i may kill myself.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
loooooooooooooooooooool

dang... poor rich brown :(

Xyro77

Oh also, ********************** you, MJG! I jv 4 stocked his *** in pools EASILY(had my hands tied behind my back while kicking apples at my controller) and then he goes and forfeits to everybody in the pool. It caused me to not make it out.

FRAK!

Xyro77

You still lost to Xaltis and SkyPirate. Da derp.

Oh yeah. And Will. Kinda my fault? Herp derp.
and......................................?

Im pretty sure MJG would have beat sky and xaltis. That would have allowed me to advance.

EDIT: i just saw your edit about Will. **** YOU! U cheated!

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Maybe. I actually thought about it. You may have to look at the pool sheet but you may not have gotten the third seed. Because I'm sure MJG/Will would have gotten 1st/2nd, and there may have been a tie for third so Xaltis or SkyPirate could have gotten it.

The world will never know.

Also, psh. Like I was supposed to know Will would be in your pool. You practically made it minutes before you announced it. xD

Neon!

Smash Lord
I'm on a mission to find which pool was the most stacked, mine had 8 players and the top 3 were

Razer 2nd
Vinnie 5th
Zeton 17th

no johns, I just want to see how hard everyone's pool were.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Redhalberd, no shootings for me? :(

I was the guy who owned your soul for about an hour.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Speaking of souls, Trela and Flame what's his face owe me theirs.

I think it's important to name all the players in your pool, not just top3, if you're trying to determine which pools were stacked. >.>

Rich Brown
Chaz
NO-IDea
Jnig
Shlike
Sync
Tallman
M35

Not naming the other players implies they made no significance to the outcome of the top 3 seeding, ya digg?

I'm saying this because I lost my chance for 1st seed due to unnecessary losses to certain players...

Xyro77

i dont have the pools near me( i hope i didnt leave them at the hotel) but i thought people wanted to know who made it out of pools.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Redhalberd, no shootings for me? :(

I was the guy who owned your soul for about an hour.
XD Thanks for giving it back. Really appreciate you helping me out! :bee:
Speaking of souls, Trela and Flame what's his face owe me theirs.

I think it's important to name all the players in your pool, not just top3, if you're trying to determine which pools were stacked. >.>

Rich Brown
Chaz
NO-IDea
Jnig
Shlike
Sync
Tallman
M35

Not naming the other players implies they made no significance to the outcome of the top 3 seeding, ya digg?
Stacked *** pool right here.

Nike.

Smash Hero
My pool had 10 players, which made it even harder.

1. MVD
2. DMG
3. Nike
Razmakazi
Tyson
JoWii
Tesh
Shiken
Kirby
Someone else

Out of the 16 pools, At least 10 of them had 4 really good players. Since only top3 got out, though, they all essentially turned into death.

Noid's pool has my vote for the hardest though.

Xyro77

I never got a chance to see the whobo beast or mr misty. did anybody get and vids of them?

also, timmy chans saved my life this entire weekend. tasty chicken

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Tallman found the offspring of the Whobo beast...

Esca

Smash Champion
I didnt go over the LGL in any of my sets this past weekend. You guys are focusing way too hard on Pit.

The last person I timed out was Illmatic at Hobo 29, and before that it was Gnes at HOBO 23 last June?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Me, batto, and turaz saw an offspring of the whobo beast as well, unsure if it's the same one as tallman's.

Teh Future

Smash Master
xyro change my characters to mk/marth plexxxxxx

greight job to xyro hosting. hellarious weekend.

maybe ill make the trip to genesis 0_0 but idk.

more smash tournaments should have raves afterwards

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I'm on a mission to find which pool was the most stacked, mine had 8 players and the top 3 were

Razer 2nd
Vinnie 5th
Zeton 17th

no johns, I just want to see how hard everyone's pool were.
You forgot me and KPrime =)

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Can you put names up for pools?

I want to do proper shoutouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom