• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WORLD HOBO 2=April 2nd-4th! San(ike) vs Xyro(samus) 100$mm! Results thread is up!!!!!

M@v

Subarashii!
I don't get why texas just can't learn the matchup. Or are they just tired of dojo winning everything >_>

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Inui, I hope he listens as well. There's absolutely no reason why this rule should be in effect.

Razer, I hope you're not *****ing about MK. You play one of 3 characters that can do anything about MK and you ***** just as much as anyone about it. Shut up.
MK, Snake, G&W?

I don't get why texas just can't learn the matchup. Or are they just tired of dojo winning everything >_>
Son, I think we know the matchup very well (see results here). There are plenty of MK in Texas other than Dojo, we get to play against them quite often.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Dude, this is just like a personal vendetta of Xyro, most people in Texas really have no problem with mk.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i was gonna go, been waiting to travel to texas for a while now, but then xyro had to go and hold this on a holiday weekend again. no can do

M@v

Subarashii!
QFT.

Besides Mav, it's more than just the MK matchup when you play me son. ;)
Its all about the mindgamessss.
I got better mindgames than you :D. I mean seriously, when I SD, I'm merely giving them a false sense of hope xD.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, I hope he listens as well. There's absolutely no reason why this rule should be in effect.

Razer, I hope you're not *****ing about MK. You play one of 3 characters that can do anything about MK and you ***** just as much as anyone about it. Shut up.
Uh... Snake, ICs, Diddy, Marth, Falco, Wario, etc. lose 60/40 at worst lol... More than 3 chars do well vs MK.

Well, don't worry too much. I talked to DugFinn about it last night and I'm 99% certain she's on my side (the side of justice). DugFinn has more authority over the event than him, I'm pretty sure, due to her connections at the convention itself and her managing so much of the game room.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I'm fairly certain that if the majority of people (which happens to be a large majority) do not want this ridiculous MK rule to be in effect, then it won't.

However, I could be wrong, common sense does tend to elude me.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm fairly certain that if the majority of people (which happens to be a large majority) do not want this ridiculous MK rule to be in effect, then it won't.

However, I could be wrong, common sense does tend to elude me.
That doesn't seem to work on Allan. :laugh: Great dude, love talking to him, love hanging with him, had a wonderful time at my place and I spent a lot of time and cash on him and don't regret it because I like him a lot and he's a good friend, but he has some baaaaad issues as a host he needs to work on.

If majority doesn't work, authority does, and DugFinn is too gdlk. GGs.

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
get CO18 to go too. then we can have some crew battles and stuff on sunday
yea i really hope we can make it though. ive been wanting to go to texas for a while now.

and btw, you better be coming to winterfest and wreck everyone with samus >:\

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Can't it work out like the banned stage rule only the player not picking MK gets to decide whether or not to follow it? That seems fair cause if no one wants it then they won't agree to it before a match... But it allows the people who do to go ahead and follow the rules. It's CPing rule sets.

You just have to make the statement of yes or no before the first match and you can't change your mind later.

But what do I know I just find venues.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion

Esca, I hope you're not being stupid about what I said because you are. I simply replied to Suspects question. Get it?

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
wait so what if someone counterpicks lets say...M2K to like Brinstar or something. Does he have to switch characters?
No he can stay. MKs can only CP to neutrals but can be counter picked to anything and stay.
No, I don't actually. That didn't make sense.
I was telling suspect that in that situation, M2K can stay MK if someone CPs him to Brinstar. I then said that MKs can only CP to neutrals but can be counter picked to anything and stay mk to explain the rule to him.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I meant new OoS players Inui. We can do those MMs whenever, since you come so often, lol.
Okay, HOBO 22 then! :bee:

remember, the sooner you buy your stuff, the cheaper they are.
Well I'm not going to bother since DugFinn said she's getting me in for free and making me a co-host.

Meaning I also have a say in the rules.

GGs.

You can keep your homo luck stages and crap, but that MK rule has got to peace the **** out, ***.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
You can keep your homo luck stages and crap, but that MK rule has got to peace the **** out, ***.
This makes me lol for some reason.

The rule does need to go, though. Especially at a tournament as big as this.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Keep the posts in favor of getting rid of it coming. I'm going to show all of them to DugFinn if Xyro keeps ignoring us and refuses to remove the rule. The super majority will not lose. :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Keep the posts in favor of getting rid of it coming. I'm going to show all of them to DugFinn if Xyro keeps ignoring us and refuses to remove the rule. The super majority will not lose. :)
You(the people) can post as much as you want about how you dislike the metaknight rule. You can also attemp to tell duginn how much this rule is "unfair". You are also allowed to get others to not come to this event. All of this is legal and whatever.

BUT

I have given in to metaknight time and time again and the current ruleset is as far as i will go. When and if i quit in may, that is the time when some one else can take over and edit the rules. Untill that time, this is MY event and MY rules. If you do not like it then simply do not go. Its simple, easy to understand and even a caveman can do it.

ALSO

Inui, I am SICK of you *****ing about every move i make. Wether its a hobo result thread or the houston thread or BOTH whobo threads(yea even last year) you CONTINUE to be a thorn in my side about smash and you dont even care. Inui, im asking you to PLEASE stop what you are doing( bolded it up top) and accept my rule set as is("at the end of the day" its MY event). If you refuse, you will be officially banned from the actual WHOBO 2 event. 1. YOU are hurting my attendance by getting other players to not go. 2. YOU are hurting my attendance by *****ing about things that are NOT a big deal. 3. YOU are being annoying EVERY STEP of the way in ANYTHING i do. 4. YOU are causing people to spam this thread with BS.

That is your final warning. I have NEVER had to ban ANYBODY from an event so PLEASE dont make me make you the first one. PLEASE stop.

PS: you being "co-host" does not mean you get a SAY in rules. just a quick fyi

Gea

Smash Master
OH MY GAW- OH MY GAWWDDDDDDD

LET IT BE KNOWN. Even though I disagree with you all the time, I love you, Allan.

*goes back into hiding*

KRDsonic

Smash Master
You(the people) can post as much as you want about how you dislike the metaknight rule. You can also attemp to tell duginn how much this rule is "unfair". You are also allowed to get others to not come to this event. All of this is legal and whatever.

BUT

I have given in to metaknight time and time again and the current ruleset is as far as i will go. When and if i quit in may, that is the time when some one else can take over and edit the rules. Untill that time, this is MY event and MY rules. If you do not like it then simply do not go. Its simple, easy to understand and even a caveman can do it.

ALSO

Inui, I am SICK of you *****ing about every move i make. Wether its a hobo result thread or the houston thread or BOTH whobo threads(yea even last year) you CONTINUE to be a thorn in my side about smash and you dont even care. Inui, im asking you to PLEASE stop what you are doing( bolded it up top) and accept my rule set as is("at the end of the day" its MY event). If you refuse, you will be officially banned from the actual WHOBO 2 event. 1. YOU are hurting my attendance by getting other players to not go. 2. YOU are hurting my attendance by *****ing about things that are NOT a big deal. 3. YOU are being annoying EVERY STEP of the way in ANYTHING i do. 4. YOU are causing people to spam this thread with BS.

That is your final warning. I have NEVER had to ban ANYBODY from an event so PLEASE dont make me make you the first one. PLEASE stop.

PS: you being "co-host" does not mean you get a SAY in rules. just a quick fyi
DAYuM!!!!!!

Top Bottom