• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wind Waker Link's moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
This is a thread about WW Link, of course you aren't gonna find any love for mario in here. Of course Mario's a great character, but so are the rest. You can't have one without any of the others. Gotta look at Nintendo as a company that relies on everyone, even the lowly Chibi Robo.

And it makes sense for WW Link to have the triforce as his icon, since he does have the Triforce of Courage. If you say that that makes them the same character I'll just tell you that they live hundreds(?) of years apart. And for a name, maybe some japanese symbols that mean Hero of The Winds and then Link. I dunno about for the english version. Maybe just The Wind Waker or somethin.
I was mainly pointing out that Mario only has 4 characters (assumption) in the next game and yet the LoZ franchise will have 6 if you remove Young Link, and add Vaati and WW Link. Just pointing out that they are not going to get crazy and add so many for one franchise especially since Mario is the lead franchise and is going to be represented more. So if they were tied for numbers it would be 6 and 6 which equals 12. That seems excessive for just two franchises especially since in Melee they had 10 when added together. Also I was argueing why WW Link is going to have a triforce as a symbol whereas Wario has his own. The more I hear about WW Link, the more I feel like supporting him. But you have to think about Brawl as a whole and not just one series. I really doubt WW Link will have his own symbol.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Mario is already well loved and has enough characters from thier series in Smash Bros. as it is, and I think LoZ has enough people as well. Do we really NEED another version? There's already 2 links (and 2 marios), you don't need to add another. Adding Wind Waker Link would be like adding Paper Mario.

GenG

Smash Lord
So only Link is good enough to have two versions of himself now? BOOOOOOOO.
I think that as well. Paper Mario is just Mario drawn differently, who has a lot of possibilities for a moveset since Paper Mario is a 2D game, but there are already 4 Mario characters (with Doc out), and Zelda has 3. Since Zelda has THE SAME or more importance to Nintendo that Mario, let's add another character, but let's add A GOOD ONE. "Another version of Link" is one of the most creative Nintendo characters you could ever find, he has everything... no, he doesn't. He lacks a proper name for Smash...

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Okay then. Try this on for size. Making Young Link into the Hero of Winds would in fact make him a different person than Link. Wind Waker takes place hundreds (is it hundreds or just one hundred?) of years after OoT, or more fittingly, Twilight Princess. Therefore, they couldn't be the same person because WW Link would have to be hundreds(?) of years old, yet he's quite clearly a 'Young Link'. He could just be called Young Link to both preserve the character and to differentiate him from Link in terms of namesake.
Now you are starting to make crap up. Do you have proof that they called him Young Link because they wanted to seperate them by person or age?
I'm not making anything up. I never said that they named him Young Link to separate them. What I said was that Link from TP and Link from WW are two completely different people. I just said that he could still be called Young Link because it would keep the 'Young Link' character in Brawl without making two of the same person.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Assumed Roster for Mario and Link as of what knowledge we have now.

Mario: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and I doubt Dr. Mario will return - 4 characters
Link: Link, Ganondorf, Zelda, Shiek, drop Young Link and maybe add WW Link- 5 characters

I say we even this out a little. If Link is going to have two versions then at least give Mario one kick*** character and not some nobody like Petey Pirahna or Waluigi. Geno deserves a spot as he is high in the polls but provided he doesn't get in they are still going to have to think about how to make Mario have the edge or at least tie with Link. So if WW Link gets in they will have a hard time thinking of an even greater Mario character (the only one I can think of is Geno) to make it fair that he doesn't have a different form of himself. Game Creators have it rough huh? I will support WW Link only when I find a soluton to this problem. Especially since Geno is 3rd party. He will most likely get in but it is not guranteed.

Edit: HiddenTiger you are a little late. I'm practically on the edge of supporting WW Link.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
The TP version is so much better it is sickening, Windwaker Link can't compare and with the graphical updates in Brawl he wouldn't fit.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
The TP version is so much better it is sickening, Windwaker Link can't compare and with the graphical updates in Brawl he wouldn't fit.
If you are here to argue just read this entire thread. We honestly don't need any more flaming. If you hate the idea then just don't look at this thread, and problem solved. It is just a disscussion anyway.

GenG

Smash Lord
Well, there is no proof to the Sheik thing, she may be dropped for a more independent Twilight Princess Zelda, maybe not. We won't know until TP release.

I can't think about many Mario deserving characters. Toad is always there, he rocks and could fit. Geno is third party, but he reps HIMSELF but HIMSELF, it's one of these unique and special standalone characters like Alucard from Castlevania SotN. Of course, no Waluigi, no Petey, no generic enemies. Paper Mario could work, but he hasn't many "paper" based moves: Plane, boat, roll... then a hammer, jumping... he may look neat, but he hasn't many original paper moves, of course Sakurai could make them...
I don't like Bowser Jr, but he could work, not as a Bowser clone but as a new and original character. I just feel that his presence won't add too much to Brawl.

Mario is in a tight spot. Actually the four main characters (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser) are being repped. Yoshi went solo. Wario went solo. So that leaves few interesting choices: Toad, Geno (will he go solo?) and Bowser Jr.

GenG

Smash Lord
Wind Waker graphics were and ARE gorgeous. He was intenteded to move like a cartoon, very fluid and quirky, they can easily port that style into Brawl. Remember, Smash Bros isn't only for cool guys. Before that, it's bizarre fighting game.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Geno can't rep himself because he wasn't the main character. Alright he was one of the main characters but Mario was the overall main character, that make sense? Yoshi and Wario have stared in their own games and had some without Mario included. But Geno only appeares in Mario games. I am not a huge supporter of Toad or Paper Mario. Bowser Jr. doesn't bring much to the table either. Geno is the only one that can balance the scale really, but he isn't a character they can use whenever due to rights. It really does suck. I'm all for WW Link as long as Mario is repped fairly. Sure I am being picky but I am a die hard Mario fan and technically Mario deserves it anyway.

Edit: For the love of God Dweller. All points on why he shouldn't and should be in have already been made and if you don't want him in then I respect your opinion. Shoot, I barely want him in. But flaming isn't going to solve anything and posting reasons doesn't really do much either especially since I already went down a list of reasons why he shouldn't be in. If you start flaming you will just start to look like a fool. You said you don't like him, that's it. But now you want to start making 50+ posts of nothing but flaming? It is pretty pointless in my eyes. The points have been made already, let's just stop the arguments for now and if you don't have anything positive to say, then I suggest you read the rules a little closer.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Link was young in the very first Legend of Zelda title. Wind Waker Link (a.k.a. cel-shaded Link) is today's Young Link. If Nintendo is going to bring Young Link to SSBB, then they would change him from OOT/MM Young Link into WW/FS(A)/MC/PH Link.

GenG

Smash Lord
Geno can't rep himself because he wasn't the main character.
As I said, Geno's situation is pretty unique: He is so popular and requested that he must be featured as a standalone character. He would rep HIMSELF, his own character (and Mario RPG as well). He wasn't the main character obviously, but he was the star of the game, most of the plot was set around him, most people think about Geno when hearing about Mario RPG, and that's because the interesting and charming role he had in the game.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Assumed Roster for Mario and Link as of what knowledge we have now.

Mario: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and I doubt Dr. Mario will return - 4 characters
Link: Link, Ganondorf, Zelda, Shiek, drop Young Link and maybe add WW Link- 5 characters

I say we even this out a little. If Link is going to have two versions then at least give Mario one kick*** character and not some nobody like Petey Pirahna or Waluigi. Geno deserves a spot as he is high in the polls but provided he doesn't get in they are still going to have to think about how to make Mario have the edge or at least tie with Link. So if WW Link gets in they will have a hard time thinking of an even greater Mario character (the only one I can think of is Geno) to make it fair that he doesn't have a different form of himself. Game Creators have it rough huh? I will support WW Link only when I find a soluton to this problem. Especially since Geno is 3rd party. He will most likely get in but it is not guranteed.

Edit: HiddenTiger you are a little late. I'm practically on the edge of supporting WW Link.

Off topic: Well, I support Toad as a playable character, but only just. I agree that he's boring and a stretch, but this may turn his career around, and the the whole SMB2 roster will be playable. Geno is a cult-classic character from a cult favorite game who is partially owned by another company. I like obscure characters, but obscure characters from popular games seems to me to be a stretch.

Also, I count Zelda/Sheik as one, so things would be pretty even with WindWaker Link. Also, Wario as a separate character I can take, but Yoshi's lone appearance without Mario was a disappointment, from what I've heard (family couldn't afford games at the time).

So Mario has five main characters: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yohsi. And two Spinoff characters: Wario and DK

Legend of Zelda: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, and (maybe) The Hero of Winds.

Honestly, I would deal quite well if THoW was kept out. I just think he'll be neat in quite a few ways. I'll be really annoyed if Young Link returns and is not replaced by The Hero of Winds.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
As I said, Geno's situation is pretty unique: He is so popular and requested that he must be featured as a standalone character. He would rep HIMSELF, his own character (and Mario RPG as well). He wasn't the main character obviously, but he was the star of the game, most of the plot was set around him, most people think about Geno when hearing about Mario RPG, and that's because the interesting and charming role he had in the game.
He is still not the main character though, the game is called Super MARIO RPG. This point is irrelevant, because it still doesn't answer my original question.

P.S. Every thread I post in, I start talking about Geno. I must support him alot huh?

Edit: Yoshi, DK, and Wario all have thier own series, so the fall out of the Mario category.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Nobody cares who you support you are one person and alone one person is weak as a group is the only time a person can be strong. Logic prevails they have a Link, they don't need another. Y. Link was a clone clones are going to be gone.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Nobody cares who you support you are one person and alone one person is weak as a group is the only time a person can be strong. Logic prevails they have a Link, they don't need another. Y. Link was a clone clones are going to be gone.
Who are you talking to? From what I gather, their are an equal number of WW Link supporters and haters. Only groups can be strong? Please. I'll pull my homerun bat out and knock em all down. I'm neutral on WW Link so don't start giving me B/S.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I'm just against flaming that's all. Also, how can you change the opinion of a person who doesn't have an opinion? I already said I am niether for nor against WW Link.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Thank you Daddy [teehee].

Dweller, are you still set in your opinion that WW Link is the same person as Adult Link and will be a clone in Brawl? Neither is true, even in the least; so that is what we are discussing. We are NOT debating on WW Link's relationship to Adult Link, we've established that they are NOT the same person.

What we ARE debating on, is how WW Link will be displayed in Brawl. He has an *acceptable* chance at being in it, and we are speculating on how he will be created. Whether he will have the Skull Hammer from the game that gave birth to him, or the Gust Jar from a following game? These are the questions we are discussing, so please stop with the cat fight with Daddy.

BTW: If you REALLY don't want to talk about this Dweller, then let the thread die, for crying out loud.

BTW#2: Geno would be in Mario's franchise. Shiek *might* not reappear. These two statements creates a roster of Mario[5] and Link[4].

burrito

Smash Lord
Ugh, that is such a weak arguement. Cel shaded Link is a very different character from Twilight Princess Link.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
At least my argument against WW Link was better. However, I'm starting to give in and accept WW Link as a POSSIBILITY. They are either going to drop the second version of Link all together or add in WW Link. That is just my point of view anyway.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Uncle Kenny, I can't belive you backed down......

If every character in my signature is in Brawl, I do not care about WW link at all. But if Vaati is not in, or any of the important ones (see:signature) and WW link is in, than I will be so **** pissed. Vaati has way more importance than another version of Link. and guess what, he reps the "Celda" games. If WW link is in but not Vaati, I will have to shoot someone.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Cellda Link has a much better chance than Vaati, he reps the cellda games the best and has the most moves and would be way way way more unique than vaati, most no all of his moves are when he is a big black ball with an eye.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Uncle Kenny, I can't belive you backed down......

If every character in my signature is in Brawl, I do not care about WW link at all. But if Vaati is not in, or any of the important ones (see:signature) and WW link is in, than I will be so **** pissed. Vaati has way more importance than another version of Link. and guess what, he reps the "Celda" games. If WW link is in but not Vaati, I will have to shoot someone.
I'm not backing down. I'm just like you in that I want to see important characters first like Geno, Little Mac, Ridley, Diddy, and so on, but I won't mind WW Link if they add Vaati as well. However, if they add Geno, screw everyone else in the roster, they can add cookie monster for all I care.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Nice moveset. And they say he can't be original. I actually want to try him now. But I still think Geno can beat them all. Wario is cool too though. If he didn't act funny all the time and was serious he could become a powerful fighter. Alright I am sorry. That was way off topic. Uhh... WW Link FT.... neutral? I haven't taken sides yet.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Eh, I guess I'm a bit Neutral as well, I just don't want to see him replacing a more important character.
Same here. I want to see some characters from different franchises or see the franchises that were neglected like Metroid and DK to get more representation. I'm trying to stay as far away from the LoZ and Mario franchises as possible, but I do still support Geno. So I have to at least consider the LoZ franchise. But it isn't the most important thing on my mind. I'm still trying to find a way to get Geno in.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
First off, I swear I posted in this thread recently....unless I accidentally put the post in another thread!

Second, in Nintendo's eyes, they wouldn't be replacing a more important character for Celda, since LoZ is indeed in their Holy Trinity. Technically, the only people that can be more important than Celda in Nintendo's eye's, are characters from the other 2 points of the Trinity: Mario and Metroid.

burrito

Smash Lord
Cel shaded Link is just a replacement for Young Link. I'm sure they'll have room for plenty of other characters.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
First off, I swear I posted in this thread recently....unless I accidentally put the post in another thread!

Second, in Nintendo's eyes, they wouldn't be replacing a more important character for Celda, since LoZ is indeed in their Holy Trinity. Technically, the only people that can be more important than Celda in Nintendo's eye's, are characters from the other 2 points of the Trinity: Mario and Metroid.
Wait! Was that a support or hate post? Talk a little clearer man. As for characters getting in. Sakurai is making this game not Nintendo. Nintendo just provided the materials. Sakurai is a fan of old NES titles and obscure characters (like Pit) and he also wants to give a nod to franchises who weren't represented as well as others (Zero-Suit Samus and Metaknight). All the while pleasing the fans (Wario and Snake).

Edit: I forgot that Snake was put in as a favor to a friend. Oh well, it looks like his personal feelings will affect Brawl as well.

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
I don't think LoZ is gonna get more representation than Mario. They way I see it their roster's will be something like this.
Mario: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser and Geno (if he gets put in)
LoZ: TP Link, WW/Young Link, Zelda and Ganondorf.
I think WW Link better represents the Celda games because he was in all of them, and Ganondorf takes the spot of the evil villain. He was the first and for now I think he's fine. I'd like Vaati in the game, but there's no room for another LoZ character and I find Celda to be more important than Vaati, but that's just my opinion.

burrito

Smash Lord
I don't think LoZ is gonna get more representation than Mario. They way I see it their roster's will be something like this.
Mario: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser and Geno (if he gets put in)
LoZ: TP Link, WW/Young Link, Zelda and Ganondorf.
I think WW Link better represents the Celda games because he was in all of them, and Ganondorf takes the spot of the evil villain. He was the first and for now I think he's fine. I'd like Vaati in the game, but there's no room for another LoZ character and I find Celda to be more important than Vaati, but that's just my opinion.
I know that Wario, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong have able to branch out into their own series, but they are still Mario characters. So, if Zelda got another character, it really wouldn't be more characters than the Mario series. I think there's still room for another Zelda character.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I know that Wario, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong have able to branch out into their own series, but they are still Mario characters. So, if Zelda got another character, it really wouldn't be more characters than the Mario series. I think there's still room for another Zelda character.
This is wrong. All three have their own franchises now. But WW Link was in a game called The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. Just like all other Link games. It isn't a seperate series. As long as the represent their own franchise they can be seperate from Mario.

GenG

Smash Lord
DK: Donkey Kong series (Country, Konga, Jungle Beat, etc.) and plenty Mario games.
Yoshi: Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Island 2 and plenty Mario games.
Wario: Wario series (Land, Ware, World, etc) and plenty Mario games.
Link WW: Zelda series (Wind Waker, Four Swords, Phantom Hourglass, Minish Cap).

So Link WW would be a Zelda character, with the Triforce logo.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
DK: Donkey Kong series (Country, Konga, Jungle Beat, etc.) and plenty Mario games.
Yoshi: Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Island 2 and plenty Mario games.
Wario: Wario series (Land, Ware, World, etc) and plenty Mario games.
Link WW: Zelda series (Wind Waker, Four Swords, Phantom Hourglass, Minish Cap).

So Link WW would be a Zelda character, with the Triforce logo.
What is your point? Were you being sarcastic and saying he isn't going to have the triforce? Because he will if he gets in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom