• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wind Waker Link's moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu777

Smash Ace
I've been thinking of this moveset for a while, and it would protect ww link from becoming a clone. BTW, windwaker link is not actually link, he is a new hero of time who happens to come from an island where it is customary for young men to wear clothes that look suspiciously like Link's. Therefore, his name should be "hero of time" or something like that, can you imagine the announcer saying "WIND WAKER LINK!" :teeth: anyway, here it is:

B: SKull Hammer- WW LInk (for lack of a better name) heaves the hammer over his head and slams it infront of him, making a shockwave sort of like DK's B-down. You can hold B to charge it and can chrage it for about as long as Marth's Shieldbreaker. While charging, the hammer not only gains strength, but also, winw waker link will slam it up to four or five times, rather thn just once.

B_up: Deku Leaf - When used on the ground, wind waker link will send out a tornado, sort of likke the one from ssb 64, but half the height and speed. In the air, it will act like peachs parasol, except he will not get an upward boost, he will only glide horozontially.

B_over: Boomerang - WW Link throws the boomerang alot like normal link, but after it is thrown, he is in a trance, sort of like ness's up-b. During this trance, link can change the trajectoryof the boomerang up to five times. After he has changed it the ffth time, the boomerang hits the gorund, or the boomerang hits an opponent, link can move again and the boomerang will return to him.

B_down: Iron boots - Alot like kirby's stone, once the boots pop onto hero of time, he will plummet to the ground. however, these will be special, once they are on ww link can keep them on as long as he wants. As long as the boots are on, it is as if WW link is at 0.5 damage ratio. However, while the boots are on, everything link does will be 50% slower and 50% laggier. the boots wil pop on and off as quickly as they do in windwaker, allowing Hero of Time to be fought in two compltely different ways.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Cool. But five slams with a charged up skull hammer? Isn't that a little too powerful and undodgable? And the special purple force field that he gets could be his shield in the game.

GenG

Smash Lord
I was thinking about the boomerang. I liked the Oracle of Ages boomerang, you could hold it in the air by pressing B and it kept spinning there some seconds. Although is not based on Wind Waker boomerang, I'd like to see it in Brawl. Supreme edgeguard!

WR3K

Smash Ace
btw, he is the hero of the winds, not time, plus on the island, they wore green tunics in honor of the legendary hero, it was no coincidence

Ryu777

Smash Ace
SSJ4Kazuki said:
AND, with the boots on, he will jump HALF as high as Ganondorf, but will cause damage if he lands on an enemy from high.
yup, I forgot about the jumping, thats exactly what i was thinking

btw, he is the hero of the winds, not time, plus on the island, they wore green tunics in honor of the legendary hero, it was no coincidence
your absoultutely right about hero of winds, my bad, I feel a little like this guy now :freak: . But it IS coincidence that the hero of winds comes from the island were they honor the hero of time. Or is it!? *gasp!*

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
An awesome special move he could use would be the Ballad of Gales, which would send a cyclone across the level doing decent damage, imobilizing your enemies, and dropping them wherever it dissipates.

Also, even though he does eventually obtain a Hookshot, it would be cool to give WW Link his much-used grappling hook to help make him different from adult link. It would be faster to deploy, but have less useful recovery. Using it to latch onto edges would give you the same reach, but you couldn't reel it in - you could either climb it (slowly), or jump off and do your up-B or do it again. Throws using the grappling hook would be different also - you could reel them in for a forward throw, or swing them around for a backward throw, or whatever.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Marshigio, STOP SAYING THAT. As Long as there movesets are different since everyone in this gosh**** forum wants all clones killed and feels they are waste of characters(hich they aren't, half of the clones are better than their counterparts)

And since they can all have different movesets I say put in 8 Links. It's not like there's gonna be 2 Samus' are two Donkey Kongs. Most of the other characters are crap as far as their history and storyline and gameplay goes,(Except for Metroid Prime Series), and Link is the most versatile of all characters and one Link isn't good enuff.. For Brawl

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
1 Link was good enough for SSB64, 1 Link is good enough for Brawl.

There are so many more unique characters that deserve it more than him, he's basically Y. Link, just with a different story and different graphics(yes I played WW) . They even fight the same way too.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
No, like people have said a billion times. LINK IS EXTREMELY VERSATILE.

They could make 5 simulated Adult Links for Melee, that all fight COMPLETELY DIFFERENTLY.

Hell, look at the Link in Soul Calibur II. Physically he's an exact clone of the Melee version. but fighting with him and his moveset is completely different.

And how in the hell could 64 Smash have more than one Link if TP, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, or any other non SNES Zelda wasn't even around?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
There was Y. Link, and yes you're right about Soul Caliber 2, but that has completely different mechanics than Melee/Brawl does.

And people would be angry if there was 5 Links, especially when there were people who were angry that there were 2 Links in Melee, but I know you weren't serious about that.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Hyper-Link said:
No, like people have said a billion times. LINK IS EXTREMELY VERSATILE.

They could make 5 simulated Adult Links for Melee, that all fight COMPLETELY DIFFERENTLY.

Hell, look at the Link in Soul Calibur II. Physically he's an exact clone of the Melee version. but fighting with him and his moveset is completely different.

And how in the hell could 64 Smash have more than one Link if TP, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, or any other non SNES Zelda wasn't even around?
Ocarina of Time, there was Young Link and Adult Link

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Whoever was mad about 2 Links in Melee seriously has some issues.

"OH NOEZ! THERE IS AN EXISTING LINK FROM 64, ANNNNNNND HIS ACTUAL VERSION FROM EVERY GAME BESIDES OoT. THIS SUCKS, NOW I'M NOT GONNA PLAY MELEE ANYMORE! I HATE THAT THERE ISN'T TWO OF MY CHARACTER

and the #1 reason people wweren't EXCITED by Young Link, was because Clone's were a new idea to the series. But since his moveset was the same, it wasn't as exciting as using Mewtwo. And Young Link still plays better than Mewtwo's crazy ***

And we are suggesting a BRAND NEW MOVESET. So why shouldn't there be a different Link if his moveset is different. I think u are just a Link hater my friend, lol

And that is not taking kindly since majority of Smash players choose Link as a casual favoruite from both the series

kaid

Smash Master
TP link is in.
WW link could de-clone Young link
Midna (+Wolf Link) introduces new gameplay
Fierce Deity Link can be a costume for Gannondorf.

Can't think of a likely 5th Link...

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Marshigio said:
There are so many more unique characters that deserve it more than him, he's basically Y. Link, just with a different story and different graphics(yes I played WW) . They even fight the same way too.
There you go, and most people don't need to use caps so much to make a point.

kaid

Smash Master
Marshingo, LoZ is one of Nintendo's most popular franchises. therefore, it WILL have more representation than just TP link, Zelda, and Gannon. Who would you suggest?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Skull Kid and Ralph. That'd be five people from LoZ, which is more than enough.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Hell, Link is so amazing and popular he was in Super Mario RPG, while Geno is fighting bad guys and whatnot, Link was sleepin in the bed at Mario's Inn

If we want more evil, Majora's Mask 2nd and 3rd form would be perfect enough to fit the game

parrothead

Smash Lord
According to the Adult and Young Link trophy/figure profiles, both Links appeared in the first Legend of Zelda. Adult Link and Young Link are two different kinds of Links. Here is a list of the Zelda titles that star these two certain Links (excluding the Zelda CD-i Trilogy):

Legend of Zelda (NES) - Young Link
Zelda (G&W) - Young Link
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - Adult Link
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES and GBA) - Young Link
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening/DX - Young Link
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest - Adult and Young Link
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons - Young Link
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64 and GCN Zelda Collection) - Young Link (excluding his mask forms)
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Young Link
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (GBA) - Young Link
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure - Young Link
Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - Young Link
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Young Link
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Adult Link

Other kinds of Links don't count, like Dark Link, Bunny Link (ALttP), Wolf Link, Young Link's mask-forms, Four Sword Link, Link with Ezlo as his hat and guide, Zelda CD-i Trilogy Link, and other kinds of Links don't count.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
I, also, have a proposed moveset for a potential Hero of Winds character, one I think emphasizes the Puzzle-solving element of Zelda Games, to an extent.

The Hero of Winds' B move would be Wind's requiem. It takes about as long to work as JigglyPuff's sing move, after which, the player selects a direction for the wind to blow (Up, down, left, right) the effect would be similar to that of the Tree in Green greens, and would wear off after a medium amount of time. It is important to be careful using this move because it effect The Hero of Winds' up B.

His up B would be a deku leaf. When He is on land, it works in a similar fashion to Kirby's Final Cutter. THoW jumps up then comes down with deku leaf out, blowing a strong puff of air in front of him. When he does the move in midair, however, instead of falling immediately, THoW floats down on his Deku Leaf. But he will go whatever way the wind is blowing, so he may fly off the stage or go left when the stage is to his right.

His smash B would bee the Hurricane Spin. THoW would spin with his sword, but also be able to move left and right. It would do decent damage but have limited knockback.

His Down B would be a cannon that fires bombs in an arc. While this move is in effect, THoW remains stationary, but can alter the trajectory of the cannon with the Joystick. if a character walks up to him and does enough damage, it could blow up in his face.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
VERY nice movset, but the boomerang and Deku Leaf seem...stupid. I'd take out the boomerage all together and get rid of the "tornado appearing" thing for the DL. Just have him rise up into the air like there's a gust of wind blowing him up.

But I love the DL (other than the previously mentioned faullt), Skull Hammer, and Iron Boots ideas.

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
Marshigo, but I ask you this:
Two marios were enough for SSB64, correct? And yet those two marios still made it into the game.
Two marios were good enough for SSBM, but why did they both make it in?
And I yet again ask you about the links: did they really need to be in there? The answer is no. However, that is not the point.
You, foolish one, go back to your hiding place and hang your head in shame.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Just for the record, the cel-shaded version of Young Link has been in six of the most recent games (Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Link to the past/ Four Swords, Four Swords adventures, and Minish Cap) I think it has been established that this is the new visual style for Young Link. The Simplicity is supposed to represent the worlds seen through a child's eyes, anyway.

Scuba Man Sam

Smash Cadet
WW link can die. No more links, and I'm not using that dooky leaf or what ever you call it.:laugh:

don't respond to this

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Since Scuba Man Sam has more or less killed the thread, I might as well ask how many people would like an Event Match fighting four differently colored Heroes of Wind. Or an alternate costume where you play as tetra with the same moves.

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
I definitely agree with making Y. Link into a character completely different from his adult form. Young Link is a major character in an equally major game series, it's only fair that he get his own move set.

I think that moveset would benefit from items and techniques in WW, such as the Deku Leaf as his up B. It could work like Peach's parsol while in the air, and launch a gust of wind that either damages or pushes enemies back while on the ground. The grappling hook could make a cool grab and the idea of an event where you fight the four lniks from four swords is tempting.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
First off, Celda games are pretty much a whole seperate franchise[at least series] by now because of how vastly different their moods and styles are from Adult Link games. In fact, I'm pretty sure after OoT, Adult Link vanished and we haven't seen him until TP....wait, that's not even out yet....so we still haven't seen him yet. [technically]

Second, ALL of his moves would be pretty unique. Celda's stances and fighting style are different than Adult Link. Celda likes to thrust and jump around, Adult Link likes his slicing and dicing. So there's your unique A moveset.

Third, the B moves. They'd ALL [again all] be pretty unique. The items and such are good, but the effects are lousy. The boomerang is good, and the iron boots need to give him crazy weight. The Skull Hammer effect is compared to DK's Down-B effect, another similarity with the two moves will be their usefullness: Very Little.

Deku Leaf = Parasol. Except, less Vertical, more Horizontal. Ground should have Celda whip it around him and create like a very short-lived wind shield. Change the hammer, maybe something from some other Celda game like 4 swords, because the only Celda game i played was WW. Just some thoughts.

But yea, in conclusion, Celda Link will be completely unique from Adult Link. So everybody needs to quit their b****h'ing about 2 Links being too similar.

Eaode

Smash Champion
but you haven't given one good reason why a DIFFERENT MOVESET/Version of Link shouldn't be in
I could think of a couple different Samus movesets, does that mean we need 3 Samus's in Brawl?

Morph Ball Samus:
B: bomb
>B: Boost ball
vB: super bomb
^B: Spider ball

Echoes Samus:
B: Dark beam (charageable
>B: Light Beam
vB: bomb
^B: Light teleport

(Some other version of) Samus:
B: Plasma Beam (Passes though enemies)
>B: Wave beam (passes though walls
vB: Change suit (Gravit suit: low gravity, Varia Suit: Default, Phazon Suit: more Defense)
^B: Screw attack

See? Just because they CAN be original doesn't mean they SHOULD be in Brawl. You could prbably think of a couple different Mario movesets as well. And hell, Why not throw in Goron link, Zora link, Deku link, and Fierce Deity link? They could also have original movesets.

The possibility of an original moveset does not justify another version of the same character (it could be argued that Zamus is COMPLETELY different because most of Samus's move actually REVOLVE around the fact that she has a high tech suit of armor on).

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
I, also, have a proposed moveset for a potential Hero of Winds character, one I think emphasizes the Puzzle-solving element of Zelda Games, to an extent.

The Hero of Winds' B move would be Wind's requiem. It takes about as long to work as JigglyPuff's sing move, after which, the player selects a direction for the wind to blow (Up, down, left, right) the effect would be similar to that of the Tree in Green greens, and would wear off after a medium amount of time. It is important to be careful using this move because it effect The Hero of Winds' up B.

His up B would be a deku leaf. When He is on land, it works in a similar fashion to Kirby's Final Cutter. THoW jumps up then comes down with deku leaf out, blowing a strong puff of air in front of him. When he does the move in midair, however, instead of falling immediately, THoW floats down on his Deku Leaf. But he will go whatever way the wind is blowing, so he may fly off the stage or go left when the stage is to his right.

His smash B would bee the Hurricane Spin. THoW would spin with his sword, but also be able to move left and right. It would do decent damage but have limited knockback.

His Down B would be a cannon that fires bombs in an arc. While this move is in effect, THoW remains stationary, but can alter the trajectory of the cannon with the Joystick. if a character walks up to him and does enough damage, it could blow up in his face.

I'm surprised no one's commented on my suggestion for THoW's B move. I thought that would be pretty controversial. It's potentially one of the most powerful moves of the game.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Yes, it is potentially one of the strongest moves, however the time it takes to work is the problem. Which I think, therefore makes it an edge guard tool rather than a combat maneuver. Try using that when your opponent is on land with you, it's going to be interrupted.

The Hurricane Spin is basically an improved IC's Smash B, am I right? It's an OK move, nothing great.

The cannon.....rather see something else, the cast time is too long. THoW has way too many long cast B moves, give him something instantaneous like the Skull Hammer or something from his Portable games, which I've never played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom